MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, Minishark2000 said:

There's one post of him 1 hour ago on r/legostarwarsleaks on reddit, but it looks a little fake no?

Wait, that's fives? All I see is watermarks :sarcasm_hmpf:

33 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Primarily white with red accents 

Eh, that's fine. unique enough for a jedi starfighter and also a republic staple.

Until reliable accounts repost or confirm it, I'm treating that fives leak as fake. something about it just seems water decaled, as does the 6x4 tile with the 25th logo. It's just the leaked logo exactly without fives's name or anything... I don't believe it. They usually put the character names on there, but even if they don't, the way this looks in the "leak" just feels off.

Ok I saw another photo of the fig without the giant watermarks, it's up on the subreddit. I think it's legit, has the anniversary plate too. The fig is beautiful, probably the best clone ever aside from the 2014 phase 2 shiny and phase 2 shocks

Edit: and falcon just posted the pic to his insta, confirming it's legit

Edited by Minishark2000

Welp, looks like I was wrong, I guess. The anniversary plate is weird, but the figure itself is pretty solid. The Pauldron's an interesting shape- I guarantee you they'll be advertising it as if it folds down over the torso on the sides- but with the antenna and backpack, should be a pretty good figure. I'm still not 100% sold on it's legitimacy to be honest, but falconfan posting it would seem to confirm it's real.

The Malak head is a little disappointing-he should have had a molded element for the jaw- but overall pretty good.

17 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The Malak head is a little disappointing-he should have had a molded element for the jaw- but overall pretty good.

He will, the print is what he looks like under the mask. You can tell because of the blue light

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Welp, looks like I was wrong, I guess. The anniversary plate is weird, but the figure itself is pretty solid. The Pauldron's an interesting shape- I guarantee you they'll be advertising it as if it folds down over the torso on the sides- but with the antenna and backpack, should be a pretty good figure. I'm still not 100% sold on it's legitimacy to be honest, but falconfan posting it would seem to confirm it's real.

I hope Fives does have a backpack, and it’s not just printed on. Figure looks nice enough, though the pauldron is really iffy.

Still not quite sure where my thoughts lie with the summer wave lineup. Delightfully wacky at the least. I’m hoping the Battle on Peridea is some sort of facade of the witches’ fortress entrance with a balcony and opening doors? Makes the most sense given the piece count.

Also @FoggyFate any chance you could confirm whether the unconfirmed sets left are just from the Acolyte? 

Edited by Kaijumeister

So if the Buildable creature has multiple eyes that eliminates most so is it a Nexu? 

Edited by Legofan2001

1 hour ago, FoggyFate said:

He will, the print is what he looks like under the mask. You can tell because of the blue light

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

I hope Fives does have a backpack, and it’s not just printed on. Figure looks nice enough, though the pauldron is really iffy.

I feel like they're pretty good about giving backpack troopers backpacks. Probably helps that it's normally unprinted non-figure parts.

12 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

So if the Buildable creature has multiple eyes that eliminates most so is it a Nexu or Tatooine Sand Ape from Book of Boba?

Where are people revealing this stuff?

Assuming multiple eyes means more than two (right? Literally speaking, multiple eyes pretty much only rules out the diagona), I'm really not sure who it could be- most of the major SW creatures (wampa, rancor, Krayt Dragon (both), etc have two eyes. It seems weird to do only one arena beast, and just "that's a weird choice" weird, not absolutely-guns-blazing weird like some of the other sets this wave, so my guess is either they're going guns blazing and it's something much more obscure, or there's some obvious answer we're all missing.

1 hour ago, Duke27 said:

The pauldron is plastic? 

I'm 99% sure it's cloth in that image, did a source say plastic or is it just a guess?

2 hours ago, Minishark2000 said:

Where is malak posted?

Just the head- same places as Fives

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

I feel like they're pretty good about giving backpack troopers backpacks. Probably helps that it's normally unprinted non-figure parts.

Where are people revealing this stuff?

Assuming multiple eyes means more than two (right? Literally speaking, multiple eyes pretty much only rules out the diagona), I'm really not sure who it could be- most of the major SW creatures (wampa, rancor, Krayt Dragon (both), etc have two eyes. It seems weird to do only one arena beast, and just "that's a weird choice" weird, not absolutely-guns-blazing weird like some of the other sets this wave, so my guess is either they're going guns blazing and it's something much more obscure, or there's some obvious answer we're all missing.

I'm 99% sure it's cloth in that image, did a source say plastic or is it just a guess?

Lifebricks said the only thing he’s heard is that it has more than 2 eyes. Which eliminates almost every type of alien.

31 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

So if the Buildable creature has multiple eyes that eliminates most so is it a Nexu? 

Am I missing something? What is the buildable creature rumour?

Ree yees and the same species guy that crashes in the podrace, that one alien from the freeco speeder set, Nexu, idk what else really, can't think of much else that has more than 2 eyes

16 minutes ago, Minishark2000 said:

Ree yees and the same species guy that crashes in the podrace, that one alien from the freeco speeder set, Nexu, idk what else really, can't think of much else that has more than 2 eyes

The Acklay has 3 as well. 

Not likely candidates at all, but there's rathtars, Ice spiders, those big space squids in the Kessel run... uhh... something else probably...

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

Lifebricks said the only thing he’s heard is that it has more than 2 eyes. Which eliminates almost every type of alien.

Yeah, that takes out a solid 90% of star wars creatures.

1 hour ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Am I missing something? What is the buildable creature rumour?

There's a set coming with some sort of buildable creature (evidently having more than 2 eyes) and Young Leia as an anniversary figure.

59 minutes ago, Snake Slime said:

Not likely candidates at all, but there's rathtars, Ice spiders, those big space squids in the Kessel run... uhh... something else probably...

How about one of the Bigger Fish from TPM? It would fit with the anniversary, and with lego making absolutely absurd sets.

Honestly I'm not surprised the Sail Barge details sound the way they do. Disappointed yes, but not surprised. If Lego goes the large UCS route, which the rumoured price point seems to suggest, the interior is probably mostly a technic frame to support the angles of the hull, especially if it's a large sized model. And then the figs seem to be following the UCS playbook too.

Like just about everybody, I'd love the MBS treatment, but if this isn't the case it makes it an easier pass. I'll still probably get the Skiff though.

7 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

Primarily white with red accents 

Nice one, thank you! Didn’t predict white but should be very nice with the red. 

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Definitely possible. By the way, did you notice the mods are giving us more titles/icons? You, me, and @NoOneOfImportance have little death stars under our names now, and Foggyfate is now "reliable Bothan #3"

I wonder what the death star icon means.

This set is so close to being
On the other hand, is it possible this is a diorama?

Maybe we are being recruited with our boy Kino Loy. 

I think it will be a diorama. 

6 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Darth Malek’s head doesn’t look so good 😬

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Cant seem to find it anywhere

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Definitely possible. By the way, did you notice the mods are giving us more titles/icons? You, me, and @NoOneOfImportance have little death stars under our names now, and Foggyfate is now "reliable Bothan #3"

I wonder what the death star icon means.

It's been too long since we used tags and flags regularly so I assigned some. The Death Star icon is for those who've been active with the Star Wars forum and helping to post content in the News thread.

8 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Fives just leaked and outside the waist cape I would say he’s the greatest clone trooper EVER made! The great news about the waist cape is you can just buy a 2012-2013 waist cape and you’re done.

It's hard to believe this figure is real. But seems like it's confirmed. The time and look of it make me think it's fake. But I'd be happy to be wrong. I like that shoulder piece.

9 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

It's been too long since we used tags and flags regularly so I assigned some. The Death Star icon is for those who've been active with the Star Wars forum and helping to post content in the News thread.

That’s cool! Glad to help. Thanks for clarifying. 

On a separate thought, maybe Lego have their hands tied after cancelling the rumoured Jabba’s throne room. Could it have been the plan to include Jabba there and have the diorama on shelves in time for when the Sail Barge and Sarlacc pit this year are released? 

Edited by ArrowBricks

I don’t think the Death Star is a conference room I think this has come around from Chinese whispers from someone wishing and speculating. 

could the buildabke creature be a rancor? It’d fit in with the barge being out and would make the most sense as a buildable creature set

12 minutes ago, Llewop said:

I don’t think the Death Star is a conference room I think this has come around from Chinese whispers from someone wishing and speculating. 

I don't think it's a that simply because it's not an 18+ set, and a conference room would be the most boring set possible for kids. 

What play functions would it even have? Debate about destroying planets with your LEGO® Darth Vader and Imperial Officer minifigures!