MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just a heads-up: If you redeem any of the Insiders discount codes right at the $160 threshold, using the code will knock you below the threshold and remove the droid carrier GWP from your cart, so plan your purchases accordingly! 

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I actually don't think this is true- this forum is a lot less of an echo chamber than some of the other areas I see, like the segments of instagram and youtube. Partially because there's no algorithm making people see more content based on the exact opinions clicked on, but also just empirically. We have a lot of older fans who were kids during the OT. We have fans who grew up with the prequels, and love the Clone Wars cartoon. We have people like me, who are younger adults but generally fans of the original trilogy (Though I also love the clone wars cartoon). We even have people who... well maybe aren't the biggest sequel fans, want some of the unique designs from the era. All those opinions CAN be found on other platforms, but they tend to bunch up, whereas here it's all one thread. (Plus, this thread has a wider age and no subscription/popularity aspect, which kind of removes the ability for a small number of people to dominate the broadcast opinions)

We do have at least one sequel fan. (If my username didn’t already give it away. :P)

First time I’ve experienced issues with legos website this morning at one point I had 5 Sith infiltrators and 5 tantive boarding sets in my basket and then they were gone I only wanted one of each. 

was very tempted to get the droideka but I think I’m going to wait for a sale on it especially as we’ve got a June wave (got a daughter who is a peppa pig fan and those duplo sets release then as well) and an August wave coming. 

Where will the Lego Star Wars livestream begin? Youtube?

I'm going to Cardiff on may the 4th (free comic book day ) hopefully they'll still have the interesting stuff in stock in the saint David's Lego shop ..

On Reddit a lot of other themes are getting there June-August set images leaked/revealed. 

SW won’t be long whether it’s leak or official. Only big leak after outside of SW will be Barad dur

8 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Set pics are out there now

Bunker looks good. Albeit overpriced.

I like the look of Rex’s microfighter.

The mech looks interesting. More personality than the Vader one.

Battlepack looks a bit bland in build but I guess it’s an extension of the bunker. I like the use of the Flying superhero holder piece.

What’s the likelihood of some August sets still being revealed?

Not seeing them yet but looking forward to it!

Posted (edited)

Fairly good June wave. Mando BP is great and I like how it connects to the Bunker. 

Bunker is very overpriced, but is still solid. Not sure what to think of the Pretorian’s - need a better image. 

Luke’s Mech is actually pretty good, I think this will appeal to a wide range of fans. Need to see the figure properly to judge. 

Rex Y-Wing is a no brainer, but we all knew that anyway. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Have to say those are nice sets...even Luke's mech looks good (but won't be buying that). The Mando sets are super cool...with the troopers and Praetorian guards. Just wish Gideon had a cape, but understand the omission. Rex is an instant buy, but not for the Y-wing 😜

Am I the only one who sees potential in the imperial mandalorians' helmet for clone commandos? *huh*

I think I'll probably buy the microfighter and the mech, sell the builds and keep the figures.

Glad Rex looks so nice! And everything else in the wave looks pretty good too, though I'll only be getting the Y-Wing.

Just now, icm said:

I think I'll probably buy the microfighter and the mech, sell the builds and keep the figures.

The only issue with that is every AFOL is going to try to sell off their Y-Wings since they only want Rex :pir-laugh: Probably the same route with the mech, but not near as bad as the Y-Wing.

1 minute ago, SketchBrick said:

Is that backpack on the Imperial Commandos and Gideon a new piece?

I think so looks more like a back pack than jet pack 

12 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Glad Rex looks so nice! And everything else in the wave looks pretty good too, though I'll only be getting the Y-Wing.

The only issue with that is every AFOL is going to try to sell off their Y-Wings since they only want Rex :pir-laugh: Probably the same route with the mech, but not near as bad as the Y-Wing.

True that!

(I actually haven't sold any of my Lego before, this is new for me.)

Looks like the figure in the mech doesn't have arm printing or dual-molded boots? Maybe I can pass on that set then. I have one or two extra plain-vanilla pilot Lukes in my loose minifigs.

The Mandalorian Bunker and Battle Pack look awesome! My only nitpick is the Praetorian Guards should’ve had shoulder armour, the lack thereof makes their helmets look more oversized than they actually are. 

Can’t believe they actually went through the trouble of making a new mould for Gideon as well. 

The models themselves are actually really well built too? Especially the bunker. And of course Rex’s Microfighter will sell out so quickly a new unit of time will need to be derived.

Very solid wave. Let’s hope at least some of the August wave will be revealed in today’s livestream.

Happy to now 100% know we’re getting an affordable Rex! The other pics/sets underwhelming (the mandos look an awful lot like the recent one which made its way to the magazine this side of the pond, and paz vizla is identical isn’t he?). Does it mean TLG has nothing left to reveal tonight???

I think they have the backpack introduced in the city space lab this year (which in the right colour is great for clones imo).

I placed two orders on the LEGO website around 1.30am and it was totally seamless (and the best experience I've had in many years!).  Both of them are currently 'In Warehouse' so I'm hoping that I'll receive all of the promos.  As mentioned above, the thresholds are calculated on the actual payment amount so you need to factor that into any sets that have a discount code.

I've just had a quick look at the images of the latest sets; nothing exceptional but I'm sure the bunker set will be in demand due to the minifigures.  I'm not sure if Paz Visla has been updated, or if it's the same one from 75319 - it looks quite similar. It's good to see Captain Rex in such an accessable set - and lots of younger fans will now have the opportunity to own him.

The mech looks silly but I might still get it for the minifigure and the printed rebel logo. It's a print, no?

The bunker looks pretty good for its size, although i would prefer the rocks being brickbuild instead of the molded pieces.

Mando BP is my favorite of the 4 sets. The side build is simple, but the parts are useful. Minifigs look good :thumbup:

Microfighter looks great! But i have no interest in the minifig, so it's a pass for me.

46 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Bunker is very overpriced,

I don't think so, it's just $40. Look at the spider-tank with Bo-Katan which costs $50

Paz looks the same but I think he might have a new weapon design looks better than the last one.

im glad I sold my old Rex from back in the day for what I did now that he’s coming in the micro fighter 

as for the bp I don’t always like when they do a faction vs faction one BUT those imps look good and at this point it doesn’t hurt to have more Mandolorians just hate the stud shooter rather they did a brick built Eweb

Loooooove the two Mando sets! :wub: Exactly what I was hoping for :excited: The microfighter is neat and that mech got a good laugh out of me :laugh_hard: So ridiculous I can’t help but love it