MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

39 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Question. Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator™ 75383, I can't see it on sale on other sites than LEGO, sort of, in Sweden. Ebrix will get it, but there, it costs more than from LEGO itself.

The Sith Infiltrator is available in Smyths but I know that toy shop isn't in Sweden. So it's not a Lego shop/online exclusive anyway. Smyths usually have money off after a few weeks too.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Question. Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator™ 75383, I can't see it on sale on other sites than LEGO, sort of, in Sweden. Ebrix will get it, but there, it costs more than from LEGO itself.

BARC Speeder™ Escape 75378, that is on sale from the usual suspects.

If you visit the LEGO official site in your country and click on any of the new sets, you will see information written above the price and marked with yellow. If it says "new" and "exclusive", it means it's only available in the LEGO store, like "The Force of Creativity" book. However, if you check sets like Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator, it will only say "new", which tells you that you can purchase it in any store that sells LEGO in your country. You can also filter it by "exclusives" when you are in the Star Wars section.

36 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

However, if you check sets like Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator, it will only say "new", which tells you that you can purchase it in any store that sells LEGO in your countr

Sith Infiltrator is Walmart exclusive in the US. It means it's available only in Lego stores and in Walmart. The same in Europe, but instead of Walmart it's gonna be another local store

8 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Actually the website says, as @starwarslotrluvva stated, the live stream is on the 1st. I reckon just the anniversary sets are most likely from the August wave as then Lego will be able to reveal a good amount of others in July/ late June.

The excitement possibility is that there’s a strong chance we finally find out whatever the hell the Young Leia set is. I pray for a geonosis arena with a couple of clones. (Not because I want it to be but so the “clone fans” can cease their whining about there not being any sets for them.)

And funnily enough, Hasbro's May 4th livestreams are May 3rd and an as-of-yet unknown later date, assumably because they don't want their employees to work weekends.

First of all, holy cow, are there actual people complaining that we get one (1) singular wave without clones? 

But second, I kind of feel like if there were other figs in the Young Leia set, we'd know. My money's on Wicket, I think.

Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator™ 75383 , feels a bit similar to 75354 coruscant guard gunship. No "exclusive", but, hard to none, from other shops.

75354 , I bought from Lekia, late last year. + waited for it for a month too. But there, it atleast was for sale. March, this year, it went on sale on a few more places, while it disappeared from Lekia. Lekia had it cheaper than LEGO. The other now? Not cheaper.

For me, it looks like I'll use my LEGO points and buy 75383 from LEGO.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

First of all, holy cow, are there actual people complaining that we get one (1) singular wave without clones? 

I am jealous. You obviously haven’t witnessed the true extent damage that has been inflicted on the LSW community by Mandr and his lackeys.
There were people on Reddit who fully knew about R2 KT’s origin when her news dropped and still said it was a bad choice and they’d have preferred to get Arc Trooper Echo or a Clone Commander who has only 5 seconds of screen time. LifeBricks did a video a few months ago (before he went dark) that focused solely on clones coming this year and saying it was unfortunate that there were not enough this year. 75% of all Lego You-Tube is dedicated to Clone Army building. The comments section of each Mandr video has essentially half the comments essentially saying “AskMandr: Why doesn’t Lego make Lieutenant Ball-Scratcher of the 69th legion? Is it because Lego hates their fans?” (that is a joke but they are asking for some unreasonably obscure clones)

90% of posts on r/LegoStarWars are just flaunting off people’s clone armies, complaints about helmet holes and Why doesn’t Lego make clone trooper xyz? However it isn’t as bad as YouTube as there’s r/LegoCircleJerk to mock them which always gives me a chuckle.

Republic Studs (his content used to be good but he got worse when he started following the Mr Beast format), Lego Empire, True Squadron (at least he does original Mocs) and LifeBricks are all clickbait versions of Mandr. They put clones on the thumbnails of every video even if there isn’t a clone set. And don’t get me started on Jedi Bricks actively spreading fake rumours and being vague until he says he was right all along.

Lego Star Wars YouTube is a joke. SolidBrix is a beacon of hope but he doesn’t upload enough to nullify the others. BrickYoda 5555 was a underrated YouTuber but he’s pretty much retired at this point.

These people are actually on the verge of ruining the Clone Wars for me with their whining. I love clones but the people who act like it’s the only thing worth Lego sets are who make me insane. This forum is 100x better than YouTube because there is a friendly and fair community who have the right idea about the balance of sets for each trilogy. I love clones but Mandr’s followers are just the Lego equivalent of the Joker’s Goons. It’s literally almost a pro-clone anti-helmet-hole cult.

My apologies for the rant.

On a more positive note, I’m hyped for tomorrow evening’s reveals. Who else?

Edited by CloneCommando99

35 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I am jealous. You obviously haven’t witnessed the true extent damage that has been inflicted on the LSW community by Mandr and his lackeys.
There were people on Reddit who fully knew about R2 KT’s origin when her news dropped and still said it was a bad choice and they’d have preferred to get Arc Trooper Echo or a Clone Commander who has only 5 seconds of screen time. LifeBricks did a video a few months ago (before he went dark) that focused solely on clones coming this year and saying it was unfortunate that there were not enough this year. 75% of all Lego You-Tube is dedicated to Clone Army building. The comments section of each Mandr video has essentially half the comments essentially saying “AskMandr: Why doesn’t Lego make Lieutenant Ball-Scratcher of the 69th legion? Is it because Lego hates their fans?” (that is a joke but they are asking for some unreasonably obscure clones)

90% of posts on r/LegoStarWars are just flaunting off people’s clone armies, complaints about helmet holes and Why doesn’t Lego make clone trooper xyz? However it isn’t as bad as YouTube as there’s r/LegoCircleJerk to mock them which always gives me a chuckle.

Republic Studs (his content used to be good but he got worse when he started following the Mr Beast format), Lego Empire, True Squadron (at least he does original Mocs) and LifeBricks are all clickbait versions of Mandr. They put clones on the thumbnails of every video even if there isn’t a clone set. And don’t get me started on Jedi Bricks actively spreading fake rumours and being vague until he says he was right all along.

Lego Star Wars YouTube is a joke. SolidBrix is a beacon of hope but he doesn’t upload enough to nullify the others. BrickYoda 5555 was a underrated YouTuber but he’s pretty much retired at this point.

These people are actually on the verge of ruining the Clone Wars for me with their whining. I love clones but the people who act like it’s the only thing worth Lego sets are who make me insane. This forum is 100x better than YouTube because there is a friendly and fair community who have the right idea about the balance of sets for each trilogy. I love clones but Mandr’s followers are just the Lego equivalent of the Joker’s Goons. It’s literally almost a pro-clone anti-helmet-hole cult.

Word :thumbup:

Although it is not true that 75% of the Lego content on YT is about Clone Army building. It's just that damn algorithm. I feel it's getting worse and worse with the algorithm. You klick on two videos of the same kind and all your recommondations will be full of the same stuff. That's what i dislike about Youtube these days. You want "to explore the world" and watch a variety of videos and YT wants to put you into an echo chamber.

35 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

On a more positive note, I’m hyped for tomorrow evening’s reveals. Who else?

I am so hyped! Can't wait too see the sets!

28 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Wait, what reveal?

75373, 75386 , 75390 , 75391 

Ohhh. 3 of those, are high on my SW to get list. Mech? no clue.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

You want "to explore the world" and watch a variety of videos and YT wants to put you into an echo chamber

I clicked on ONE House Md video. One. Now whenever I finish a video- bam- House. I'm studying while listening to music, and all of the sudden there's no song, just House. It's not even a bad show, I just can't take this level of saturation.

But anyway, yeah, I agree with the wider sentiment if you mean in terms of people with more than a couple hundred subscribers. But there are TONS of teenagers and pre-teens who have little 20-sub youtube channels up trying to emulate MandR.

44 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

75373, 75386 , 75390 , 75391 

This is a guess, isn't it? They haven't actually told us which sets, or did they announce it?

Not that the June sets aren't more or less a certainty, just checking to confirm they haven't said anything about which ones.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is a guess, isn't it?

Yes, because it's the June sets

Posted (edited)

Also, are the June sets still supposed to be delayed to August?

What's to say the stream isn't just a reveal of the May sets?

Edited by Old Master

Posted (edited)

I’ll be happy with just the June sets. But I really really want to see the August anniversary sets! Especially that Death Star play-set.

Edited by CloneCommando99

21 minutes ago, Old Master said:

Also, are the June sets still supposed to be delayed to August?

June is delayed just for N America I believe everywhere else is still getting the June wave in June. 

19 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I’ll be happy with just the June sets. But I really really want to see the August anniversary sets! Especially that Death Star play-set.

I hope it’s more anniversary sets revealed as it can all tie in to the May 4th stuff. If the June stuff is revealed tomorrow that’s also fine but I feel like they are going to leak any day now as we’ve got a few other Junes leaks past few days 

2 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I hope it's evident to you that this little corner of the forum represents a truly unique perspective that doesn't align with the majority of LEGO Star Wars fans. Most of the people here are seasoned fans, making up an incredibly small minority with their opinions. I understand the frustration of encountering dominant opinions that don't reflect your own, but constantly attacking MandR, who is also a part of this forum, is not behavior one would expect from those aiming to portray themselves as holding a higher moral standpoint.

While the origin story of R2-KT is undeniably touching and meaningful so LEGO making her figure is a honorable gesture you have to understand not all fans are going to care or prioritize that character or sentiment, especially majority of younger fans. A lot of people and fans are going to have a preference towards other figures with more prominent roles in the series that they have a connection with and see the move as virtue signaling by LEGO who had countless chances to use the character to raise money for charities over the years like other companies, but failed to do so. I would personally prefer over 500 characters over it, but I am only sharing positivity about it in case it's for charity. 

LEGO Star Wars youtube is a joke, but Solid Brix is far from a beacon of hope as he just shills for the multi billion dollar company to get free sets from them. Only after multiple backlashes and fans calling him out, he started to speak up his mind.

This forum might feel better to you than youtube because it's often like an echo chamber, where the same opinions repeats, such as: "Jang good, MandR bad, Andor good." 

For the context I don't mind helmet holes, I am not asking for any clones, I don't want Jedi Bob and I have such a dislike towards Lifebricks that it would probably get me banned if I spoke my mind about his lack of personality and toxic tendencies. Also youtubers can't army build which makes it insane for calling out LEGO on any kind of accuracy as they can't hold themselves to the same standards.

Managed to make my May 1st purchase at midnight, all went smoothly. Bought an extra clone/droid BP to hit the highest threshold, will probably resell it since I already have two. Super excited to finally get the Infiltrator, BARC, and hallway sets. 

I do hope the reveals happening later are indeed for June or August sets!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Llewop said:

June is delayed just for N America I believe everywhere else is still getting the June wave in June. 

Aw man I didn't realize these got delayed. Sad I have to wait an additional few months for Rex. Though ironically, that will make the august wave include clones in North America, so maybe people over here will stop complaining on instagram and the like.

2 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Same here- I'm kind of hoping all the sets with anniversary figs get revealed.

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

I hope it's evident to you that this little corner of the forum represents a truly unique perspective that doesn't align with the majority of LEGO Star Wars fans. Most of the people here are seasoned fans, making up an incredibly small minority with their opinions. I understand the frustration of encountering dominant opinions that don't reflect your own, but constantly attacking MandR, who is also a part of this forum, is not behavior one would expect from those aiming to portray themselves as holding a higher moral standpoint.

I actually don't think this is true- this forum is a lot less of an echo chamber than some of the other areas I see, like the segments of instagram and youtube. Partially because there's no algorithm making people see more content based on the exact opinions clicked on, but also just empirically. We have a lot of older fans who were kids during the OT. We have fans who grew up with the prequels, and love the Clone Wars cartoon. We have people like me, who are younger adults but generally fans of the original trilogy (Though I also love the clone wars cartoon). We even have people who... well maybe aren't the biggest sequel fans, want some of the unique designs from the era. All those opinions CAN be found on other platforms, but they tend to bunch up, whereas here it's all one thread. (Plus, this thread has a wider age and no subscription/popularity aspect, which kind of removes the ability for a small number of people to dominate the broadcast opinions)

MandR is a youtuber. He's made himself a public figure and has a large following. It's generally accepted that it opens you up to criticism.

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Also youtubers can't army build

I wish.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

MandR is a youtuber. He's made himself a public figure and has a large following. It's generally accepted that it opens you up to criticism.

Absolutely. At this point he is not just a public figure, he's running a very profitable business based on his social media presence and sales affiliations. It's perfectly fair to criticize his opinions on another company's products when he himself runs a company and sells products.

That doesn't mean people should be using hate speech or harassment, but if they want to say he's hypocritical for complaining endlessly about clone troopers while selling thousands of them on his website for profit, that's fair game.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I actually don't think this is true- this forum is a lot less of an echo chamber than some of the other areas I see, like the segments of instagram and youtube. Partially because there's no algorithm making people see more content based on the exact opinions clicked on, but also just empirically. We have a lot of older fans who were kids during the OT. We have fans who grew up with the prequels, and love the Clone Wars cartoon. We have people like me, who are younger adults but generally fans of the original trilogy (Though I also love the clone wars cartoon). We even have people who... well maybe aren't the biggest sequel fans, want some of the unique designs from the era. All those opinions CAN be found on other platforms, but they tend to bunch up, whereas here it's all one thread. (Plus, this thread has a wider age and no subscription/popularity aspect, which kind of removes the ability for a small number of people to dominate the broadcast opinions)

I wish.

The massive amount of people on Youtube and Instagram, with thousands of different voices in the comments, guarantee a much broader spectrum of opinions, including those that might challenge our own. I just ordered an AT-TE on bricklink and watched a Jang review on it purely out of excitement for the set (I can't be the only one doing this), and then got recommended 6 different reviews and each of them was completely different so even though there is an algorithm I got 7 different views on the same thing.

I am all for criticism when it's warranted, but blaming Ryan for everything just isn't fair. His fans are labeled as lackeys and goons, even mindless parrots repeating his opinion when this is not the case. I will give you a fairly recent example. When discussing the GWP, thousands of fans across Instagram, Discord, Reddit, and Youtube expressed their dissatisfaction with the choice LEGO made and Ryan had a different stance on it. On almost every video discussing the GWP, the top comment with hundreds to thousands of upvotes argues that it should have been a set. This and my interactions with other fans indicate that this sentiment is widespread in the community. Just from this alone it's clear that Ryan's fans are not blindly following his opinions, but rather expressing their own thoughts and preferences even if it means going against him. On the other hand a lot of you agreed with him which must mean all your names are Bob cause that's a very Joker goon thing to do.

4 hours ago, Old Master said:

They‘ve been on s@h for weeks, so that‘d be ultra pointless :laugh_hard:

For what it's worth - not being a huge Star Wars fan at all, having a couple of sets, and falling firmly into the adult collector sets of they're interesting camp - I think MandR's videos over the last few months have been really good. For quite a while over the last couple of years he's generally come across any entitled and whiny, with smatterings of insight. I think he's married a lot over the last year and started to produce some really excellent content, with a level of enthusiasm for the subject that's appealing, and seemingly the right level of criticism. I don't think that's LEGO's Star Wars portfolio has improved dramatically, and has been fairly consistent, so it's probably him that's changed, and for the better.

Being a Lego fan in Australia or New Zealand may have it's downsides but at least our timezones allow us to get on the website to place our May 1st orders early. Now that the Europeans and Americans are trying to place their orders the site is soiling it's pants. Some things just never change.

Posted (edited)

I really wish the jet pack piece (64802) that comes with the Mandalorians and by extension Boba Fett, was available for sale on pick a brick. I really like this piece and want to use it for my Space figures. I guess I could always get a small set like the micro fighters and discard the repeat Mandalorian in that set, to give his jetpack to my space figures, but I’d rather just buy the piece on its own. Also kind of wish it’d be produced in a solid black color. Ideally, the piece would be included in a new fun color with the BAM figures. But its exclusivity to Star Wars may be a licensing issue. Which sucks because I love that piece and would gladly order it in different colors for my non Licensed figures. It really is the best jet pack piece the company produces.

Edited by cosmic

Unless he got hacked, look who’s back 

The return of the King.

Right I’ll see you fellas this evening for some discussion on the new set reveals. The Marvel and Sonic Sets have been revealed so that lends itself into at least a  few August sets being revealed tonight.

My apologies for my rant about the state of LSW YouTube earlier. I see that it’s caused some discourse. So once again my apologies.