MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

16 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

What a tease.

I figured it out. Quote from 1984 is about a character called Winston Smith. George Orwell’s novel 1984 was brought to television and starred Peter Cushing as Winston Smith. Peter Cushing also played Moff Tarkin. 

Renown normally lets us know when someone’s guessed right but normal they let us have fun speculating for a week or two 

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

What a tease.

I figured it out. Quote from 1984 is about a character called Winston Smith. George Orwell’s novel 1984 was brought to television and starred Peter Cushing as Winston Smith. Peter Cushing also played Moff Tarkin.

Wow, what a find :thumbup:

EDIT: typo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

You’re probably right. Bravo. I’m  actually impressed with your dedicated research. Well done.

That means, unless he counts as one of the officers, one of the remaining unknown figures in the Death Star Playset is in fact Tarkin as many of us had theorised. My predictions for the remaining 3 figures are: a Death Star gunner (the set would feel incomplete without one even if there isn’t a gunning station), a Tie Pilot (the presence of a imperial crewman already suggests that there’s a hangar so why not?) and a imperial protocol droid.

Those predictions are of course assuming that this set will be a true villain counterpart to Yavin.

Edited by CloneCommando99

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

What a tease.

This is a really good guess. Still a little skeptical, just because we've had Tarkins before and I can't remember the last time Renown hinted at something we've already had (for that matter, why he wouldn't just use a lesser-known tarkin qoute), but if he is stepping up his game like this, I'm excited to try and puzzle out his next one.

11 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Advent Calendar :laugh:

Maybe? We have gotten new/exclusive Minifigs in Advent Calendars before (dark brown Old Luke, 4r/4b Imperial officer, Antoc Merrick, etc). Maybe this year’s calendar is Mando-themed? 🤔

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is a really good guess. Still a little skeptical, just because we've had Tarkins before and I can't remember the last time Renown hinted at something we've already had (for that matter, why he wouldn't just use a lesser-known tarkin qoute), but if he is stepping up his game like this, I'm excited to try and puzzle out his next one.

When I made my discovery, I spent some time thinking about what you said regarding him only making riddles about new things. Tarkin being in a death star playet was also pretty obvious. So what if he is actually talking about a younger Tarkin? TCW or BB one? Might be far fetched, but an interesting thought neverthless. 

3 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

You’re probably right. Bravo. I’m  actually impressed with your dedicated research. Well done.

Thank you kind sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

7 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

What a tease.

I figured it out. Quote from 1984 is about a character called Winston Smith. George Orwell’s novel 1984 was brought to television and starred Peter Cushing as Winston Smith. Peter Cushing also played Moff Tarkin. [imagesnipped]

I'm also impressed by this dedicated research, and I'm kinda hoping time and set reveals will confirm you were right in decoding the clue

8 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Woah, good sleuthing! I suppose that confirms Tarkin being in the DS set, which is happy news, unless, as was suggested, something more interesting involving a younger Tarkin is coming our way!

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Maybe? We have gotten new/exclusive Minifigs in Advent Calendars before (dark brown Old Luke, 4r/4b Imperial officer, Antoc Merrick, etc). Maybe this year’s calendar is Mando-themed? 🤔

Last I checked the advent calendar figures, well all but one, have already been confirmed to be: a 501st trooper, Ahsoka, B2 battledroid, Christmas Luke and Leia and one other unknown figure. My guess is that the unknown is  a dark side character. Maybe Maul? Or Marrok?

11 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Even Batman would have a hard time trying to solve Renown's riddle.

I think everyone who’s also on the DC thread sees where you’re going with this. Not yet. Not yet. It’s too soon.  We must conquer our primary target before expanding the Aslume’s empire.

On another note… seeing that the X-Wing Vs Tie set doesn’t seem to be getting an anniversary figure, unlike the rest of this Year’s OT playsets, I see that as suggesting it may be a retooled Rangers of The New Republic type of set. My current theory is that Carson Teva is the X-Wing pilot, we may see a return of the New Republic Navy officer from last Year’s ghost, a New Republic Fleet Trooper may be included and maybe one of the Imperial Shadow council members (most notably Captain Pellaeon) or even Dr Pershing could be included as well as the already confirmed Tie Pilot.

Thoughts on this theory?

50 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

On another note… seeing that the X-Wing Vs Tie set doesn’t seem to be getting an anniversary figure, unlike the rest of this Year’s OT playsets, I see that as suggesting it may be a retooled Rangers of The New Republic type of set. My current theory is that Carson Teva is the X-Wing pilot, we may see a return of the New Republic Navy officer from last Year’s ghost, a New Republic Fleet Trooper may be included and maybe one of the Imperial Shadow council members (most notably Captain Pellaeon) or even Dr Pershing could be included as well as the already confirmed Tie Pilot.

Thoughts on this theory?

Oh, you may have just solved it!
Tarkin in a Death Star playset is hardly worthy of a Renown hint, and the hint itself points more towards someone like Pershing than Yularen (the only reasonable brainwashing-adjacent option for the DS1 playset).
We know very little about the X-wing vs. TIE Fighter set, aside from both ships getting their respective pilots; making it Mando-based and giving us Carson Teva as the pilot (among other Mandoverse characters) would draw in people who already have the 2021 sets! 
As for a lineup, considering that the set is $100, we can expect 3-4 Minifigs and an Astromech: Carson Teva, Astromech Droid, New Republic Trooper, TIE Pilot, Dr. Pershing? 🤔
I just hope that if we actually get Pershing, he will have his S1/S2 Imperial scientist uniform, so that we can make purist Mount Tantiss scientists! 

So, the quote/riddle is used to describe a character named Winston, played by the same actor who portrayed Tarkin. If MandalorianKnight is correct (probably is) and Renown only provides hints that would point to things we don't already have, the only thing that would make sense is a younger version of Tarkin.

On another note, an entire episode of The Mandalorian feels like a direct adaptation of 1984, where we can with certainty say Winston is Dr. Pershing.

So, it's either Pershing or young Tarkin or maybe a two for one where we are getting older Tarkin in the Death Star and Pershing somewhere else.
We also have to keep in mind that I might have delved too deep and uncovered something Renown wasn't even aware of, which would imply we are getting Dr. Pershing.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

We have our first look at Young Leia, Ezra, Cal, and Nein Nunb direct from LEGO. 

They posted a new video here celebrating 25 years.

Ezra and Leia look great, so does Nien.

I have only one problem… Cal doesn’t have a poncho!!!!! Why?!!!! (Still looks like a 10/10 figure though) I guess the video also confirms he will be coming with BD-1. And that maybe some of the May 4th live-stream reveals will be the august anniversary sets.

Nien looks perfect! But if we are doing long over do mainline Skywalker saga characters where are Boss Nass,Dexter Jettster,Yaddle???????

4 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Ezra and Leia look great, so does Nien.

I have only one problem… Cal doesn’t have a poncho!!!!! Why?!!!! (Still looks like a 10/10 figure though) I guess the video also confirms he will be coming with BD-1. And that maybe some of the May 4th live-stream reveals will be the august anniversary sets.

Also of note, the Dagobah part seems to show the new X-Wing from the double pack.

Well, that puts to rest any discussion about Young Leia being misinterpreted.

In some of the shots, it looks like Ezra is suffering from Maul syndrome and doesn't have pupils, which makes him look blind (see 1:59 in the video, for example). Odd choice, if the minifig also looks that way, but I guess it's the style they went with for Ahsoka and Hera. Not a fan, personally.

I also find it odd that Nien has regular sized legs. I guess I assumed he would have had midi-legs? 

Other than a few nitpicks, though, I think they all at least look pretty good - and I'm glad that BD-1 also seems to be coming with Cal!

Lego also needs to stop with the blue eyes. Yes Ezra has blue eyes but he literally looks blind now. (If Lego HAS to give blue eyes why not use the design style they gave to Elsa,Marion,and Willie in the 2008/2009 Indy sets)

9 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

또한 참고로 Dagobah 부분은 더블 팩의 새로운 X-Wing을 보여주는 것 같습니다.

It seems like really a new one

That sneak preview of the new X-wing is going to make it a loooong wait until September! I can't tell how the new wing attachments or wing mechanism work, but I think the use of the mech armor front piece to form the top of the tailcone is nice parts use and the way the nose is built out of cheese slopes is unique and innovative. I can't wait to see the rest of the set!

Nien Nunb :pir-love: Minifigs look great! Ezra's blue eyes stick out like a sore thumb though.

37 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Nien looks perfect! But if we are doing long over do mainline Skywalker saga characters where are Boss Nass,Dexter Jettster,Yaddle???????

I couldn't agree more!

The revealed anniversary figures look good. I'm very happy for Cal but ai can't believe they didn't give him a poncho. I'll have to get one for him. Hopefully he does come with BD-1 to help make up for it. Compared to Saw and Fives he does seem a bit underwhelming. Maybe he could have done with some dual-molded legs or arms or some side arm printing or something.

Young Leia is just okay, nothing interesting. I had hoped she would at least come with Lola but if she had, it probably would have been shown here. Nien Nunb looks great but I agree that he probably should have had mid legs.

Ezra looks excellent to me and I have zero problem with his blue eyes since they've been consistently doing this for characters like Hera and Ahsoka, and I don't mind the yellow for Maul but then again, they're also aliens so eh, I don't know.

The new X-wing does look pretty good, very good parts useage on the back. I don't know, I already have the most recent X-Wing and TIE and I don't feel the need to get more. That set would really need to wow me in order to take budget away from something else and I just don't see that happening with everything else coming out this year from LEGO Star Wars alone. 

Really interesting that Lego continues to use a different Grogu design for these videos. Since all the other featured characters are based on real minifigures, I'm wondering if they'll update the Grogu mold to be more accurate next time we see him. 

LSW playset designers need to start copying the homework of Speed Champions designers. Same age rating and yet the difference is astounding, they’re on another level.