MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Those who are saying that the silhouette is  a placeholder, is there a source on that? Because it wouldn't make much sense to use a specific hairpiece just for a placeholder.

The minifig doesn’t hold any weapons/accessories, which indicates it‘s a placeholder :laugh: Also, the placeholders for the exclusive book minifigs usually have specific hairpieces as well

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'm still thinking it's not Saw though because of the sillohette, not only is hair wrong but I think he'd have a neck attachment. I mean the hair only works if he's CW saw but he's not a cyborg at that point which goes against one the other reasons people are saying that it's saw.

He has a less bulky design in Andor, and his hair matches the Finn hair better than in any of his other appearances. If we do indeed end up getting Saw, I hope that his head does not have an alternate expression, since he is bald so often (J:FO, Rebels, etc)! 

Ok, a hint from renown, searching it up it's some weird slug tentacle thing from Rogue one?

Oh wait this a connection to Saw right?

Edited by Minishark2000

14 minutes ago, Renown said:

Bor Gullet. 

Here he is, back from the depths. Saw sounds great if that’s what you’re hinting at! 

Ok so as far as I can work out, that leaves us with 1 exclusive 25th anniversary figure we don’t know about yet?

8 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I don't think young Leia is as bizarre of a choice as people are making out, but you have a made a lot of fair alternative suggestions though I'm kind of surprised that no-one has mentioned Mara Jade.

Though the thing is with Mara Jade is that she is primarily a book character but I suppose she has appeared in visual mediums, like comics and Galaxy of Heroes. But there is still potentially one ( or maybe even more) unknown anniversary figure so she could still be on the list for all we know.

How could I have forgotten to suggest Mara Jade?!?!?

I agree generally speaking, but I feel like around the same amount of people who know Malak know her. I knew her appearance from some of the Zahn book covers, actually.

2 hours ago, Renown said:

Bor Gullet. 

Joke's on Saw fans (Including me), Renown's actually telling us what the buildable creature is.

But yeah- Saw is long overdue and it's great he'll finally be availible.

1 hour ago, Batman1 said:

Ok so as far as I can work out, that leaves us with 1 exclusive 25th anniversary figure we don’t know about yet?

1 or 0, depending on if the dark falcon has Dark Rey or White Vader as the anniversary fig. But I'd lean towards neither at this point.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

1 or 0, depending on if the dark falcon has Dark Rey or White Vader as the anniversary fig. But I'd lean towards neither at this point.

Lego confirmed there’s 6. 

7 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Lego confirmed there’s 6. 

The question was "how many anniversary figures are there that we don't know about." 1 or 0 is the correct answer, as there's one figure currently unknown but there is some speculation it could be one of the minifigures already rumored for other sets.

According to Falconfan, Saw should have the Young Lando/TROS Finn hair, alongside an armor piece and cape.

37 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree generally speaking, but I feel like around the same amount of people who know Malak know her. I knew her appearance from some of the Zahn book covers, actually.

The Zahn books were so much better than the Disney trilogy we got.  Thankfully they brought Thrawn back, but it would have been nice to bring Mara Jade also.  I do think in addition to the book cover she showed up in action figures and the Star Wars CCG game, and most recently Galaxy of Heroes (sure there is other media with her).  Hopefully she is the book character since that is where she first showed up anyway (I doubt it, just hoping).

Also, How funny would it be to get the Bo Gullet as the buildable creature set with Leia as the anniversary figure, then get the Saw anniversary figure with the infiltrator?  

2 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

So we have 6 figures for the anniversary: 

Cal (Death Star) 
Saw (Sith Inflitrator) 
Fives (Tantive IV hallway) 
Malgus (R2) 

1 in the book and 1 more...? 

No, there are six figures being released in sets: Cal, Saw, Fives, Malak, Young Leia, and one more. The figure in the book is assumedly a seventh figure not part of the main connection.

3 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

So we have 6 figures for the anniversary: 

Cal (Death Star) 
Saw (Sith Inflitrator) 
Fives (Tantive IV hallway) 
Malgus (R2) 

1 in the book and 1 more...? 

Vader in Falcon, Leia, Book one I don't think counts

2 minutes ago, Lordhelmet said:

Vader in Falcon, Leia, Book one I don't think counts

There is continually no evidence of White Vader being an anniversary figure, and him fitting so well with the theme of that set makes it even less likely.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…!! :excited: YES! YES!! My prayers have been answered!!

No lies! No deception! :laugh_hard:

Let’s call it… war. 

4 minutes ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

There is continually no evidence of White Vader being an anniversary figure, and him fitting so well with the theme of that set makes it even less likely.

It was in a Falconfan iG post that Vader was likely the anniversary figure for that set.  Also I think we are just guessing that this is a theme where a White Vader makes sense (like a what if theme).  I personally do not think this is what the set is but suspect that it is based more on Rey's timeline (with the "Dark Side" toy line spin) given the cast is Rey, C-3PO, Chewie, a unknown gungan, and more?  I would say the only one that doesn't fit the theme is a white Vader (as an anniversary figure) where the rest is all in the Falcon in the current continuity and are just "Dark Side" versions.  Again though, not 100% confirmed, just likely that it is. 

11 minutes ago, Lordhelmet said:

It was in a Falconfan iG post that Vader was likely the anniversary figure for that set.  Also I think we are just guessing that this is a theme where a White Vader makes sense (like a what if theme).  I personally do not think this is what the set is but suspect that it is based more on Rey's timeline (with the "Dark Side" toy line spin) given the cast is Rey, C-3PO, Chewie, a unknown gungan, and more?  I would say the only one that doesn't fit the theme is a white Vader (as an anniversary figure) where the rest is all in the Falcon in the current continuity and are just "Dark Side" versions.  Again though, not 100% confirmed, just likely that it is. 

You don't think that a figure of the villain as a hero fits into a set themed around having the heroes as villains?

Also, in the same post you're referencing Falconfan said that Jedi Bob was in the same likelihood category as Vader, and we KNOW that Bob isn't an anniversary figure due to the nature of his set, so that's hardly confirmation for Vader.

13 minutes ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

You don't think that a figure of the villain as a hero fits into a set themed around having the heroes as villains?

I see how that could make sense, my only question is then why have the heroes from a different part of the timeline than Vader?  Why not do Ben Solo instead of Vader, or a dark Luke or Obi-wan instead of Rey?  I think if the set was some strange "what if" that would fit the theme better.  That is why I think Vader is the anniversary figure, and the rest is based on the post Rise of Skywalker Falcon Crew (just dark side versions), the gungan is probably some random character we haven't seen yet?  This is just a theory, I could be completely wrong, but I just question the Dark Rey with White Vader unless one is the anniversary figure (and I lean towards that being Vader).

Edit: regardless, I probably won't buy this set anyway (although I think conceptually it is cool)

Edited by Lordhelmet

24 minutes ago, Lordhelmet said:

I see how that could make sense, my only question is then why have the heroes from a different part of the timeline than Vader?  

The entire point of White Vader is "what if Vader survived the events of RotJ"? Ergo, he'd be alive after the Original Trilogy and (presumably) into the Sequel Trilogy. No timeline discrepancy.

(Not to mention that Vader's the most popular SW villain by a country mile so of course he'd be the main "hero" of this concept.)

Nice to hear the Anniversary minifigure will be Saw!
He'll make a fine addition to my collection (of rebel minifigures) :devil: 

Regards,
Mitch

So the May 4th promos if you have to say spend 100 is it just normally on SW or on anything off Lego?

part of me wants to hold off on anything in March until May to see what the promo is. 

also was it always known what set Saw was going to be with? As the usual place there are posts saying he is in the Sith infiltrator set and there are only 4 figures? 

I don’t know why Lego didn’t just do the Naboo ship instead still have Maul, Qui gon and a padme figure as well. But swap ships give us something unique 

Edited by Llewop

Man, I'm torn between getting the new R2 or the 2021 model. I feel like the bigger one would look better next to BD-1, but the new one is surprisingly well detailed for being so much cheaper.