MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

15 minutes ago, Llewop said:

could the buildabke creature be a rancor? It’d fit in with the barge being out and would make the most sense as a buildable creature set

Literally thought the same this morning, but it only has two eyes, no? The rumour is it’s more than. 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

That’s cool! Glad to help. Thanks for clarifying. 

On a separate thought, maybe Lego have their hands tied after cancelling the rumoured Jabba’s throne room. Could it have been the plan to include Jabba there and have the diorama on shelves in time for when the Sail Barge and Sarlacc pit this year are released? 

Hopefully it wasn’t canceled and just moved to this year. But again, if you’re not going to give the barge an interior, don’t even bother doing it at all at a minifigure scale. A midi scale would accomplish the same thing without being a huge paperweight. 

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm 99% sure it's cloth in that image, did a source say plastic or is it just a guess?

8 hours ago, Minishark2000 said:

Just a guess

How certain are we it’s a Weequay in the Skiff set? Could be a Nikto…

I only ask because we’ve had all the Weequay’s done, and it would be a missed opportunity to not get a new henchman, no?

12 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

why would revan need a special mold? the darth revan we got years ago looked great without one

Sorry, I meant Malak ^^‘

Greekbricks confirms we get the conference room. He is not sure who is the officer in this set. I think we should expect someone famous 

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The Pauldron's an interesting shape- I guarantee you they'll be advertising it as if it folds down over the torso on the sides

I suspect that it will fold when a neck bracket is placed over it. 

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Literally thought the same this morning, but it only has two eyes, no? The rumour is it’s more than. 

What is the rumour specifically? I have not seen anything about a buildable multi-eyed creature. 

Sorry for the off topic, but this might explain something about dark millennium falcon.

According to a recent rumor from insider Daniel Richtman , parent company Disney, who also owns Lucasfilm, may take the concept of infinite possibilities and apply it to the Star Wars universe. Richtman claims a Star Wars What If...? is already in development.

Edited by Duke27

1 hour ago, Duke27 said:

Greekbricks confirms we get the conference room. He is not sure who is the officer in this set. I think we should expect someone famous 

If it’s Tarkin then this will be a peak set

4 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Sorry for the off topic, but this might explain something about dark millennium falcon.

Hot Toys is doing a line called Star Wars Dark Side, Dark Millennium Falcon should be based off that concept not the what if Star Wars show but I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a lot of sets based off that show whenever it releases 

On 1/12/2024 at 8:23 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm kind of liking the idea of it being Dark Tan or Beige- just a totally normal, "boring" color

I mean, that would still be interesting because it would be unique and not dark red but I would absolutely prefer a brighter color.

2 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

If it’s Tarkin then this will be a peak set

Agreed, being greedy Tarkin plus Motti (or tagge, bast, or Yularen) would be awesome.  If there are two named officers I might buy two copies.  Crazy how many imperial officers we are missing with on screen dialogue.

1 hour ago, Duke27 said:

I think greekbricks isn't reliable bro, sure he got that death star thing but he was inaccurate with the size and price right? And also his earlier leaks of the z95 were false. I wouldn't trust him 

28 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Hot Toys is doing a line called Star Wars Dark Side, Dark Millennium Falcon should be based off that concept 

I feel slightly better about the set if it is a brand-wide gimmick and not just LEGO making a crazy set that takes a slot away from something actually desirable. 

I actually think Fives looks pretty good. The printing on the top of the helmet is the only thing that’s iffy, but I understand that printing can only go so far on pieces like that. It’s also just funny to watch MandR cry about the dumbest things.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like they're pretty good about giving backpack troopers backpacks. Probably helps that it's normally unprinted non-figure parts.

Snowtroopers, Hoth Rebels and The Bad Batch would disagree

Fives looks horrid, helmet print is terrible, no waist cape, pauldron looks awful and you have to buy an OT set to get it. Only torso print and printed arms looks decent. 

Very disappointed with the 25th anniversary of TPM content if these are all the sets. 25 years and we didn't get half of the vehicles from the movie as well as some of the characters like Rune Haako, Neimodian pilots and Boss Nass. Couldn't even give us a rehashed Queen Amidala whos price is a whooping $150 (without any issues with it). 

57 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Oh good heavens, please no. Visions is enough.

I'm not sure what to think about things like Dark Millennium Falcon or Jedi Bob's Starfighter but I'm always thrilled about outside the box set choices for LSW. As long as it's alongside more regular sets of course. But that seems to be in order, some of those sets sound really interesting. I'm also like 25 years overdue on getting myself a Sith Infiltrator.

50 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I feel slightly better about the set if it is a brand-wide gimmick and not just LEGO making a crazy set that takes a slot away from something actually desirable. 

Makes me feel worse, it's way less funny now

57 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Fives looks horrid, helmet print is terrible, no waist cape, pauldron looks awful and you have to buy an OT set to get it. Only torso print and printed arms looks decent. 

Very disappointed with the 25th anniversary of TPM content if these are all the sets. 25 years and we didn't get half of the vehicles from the movie as well as some of the characters like Rune Haako, Neimodian pilots and Boss Nass. Couldn't even give us a rehashed Queen Amidala whos price is a whooping $150 (without any issues with it). 

It’s really crazy how many people are praising/defending Lego with these TPM sets. Like come on we’re only getting ONE set with Minifigures and all 4 Minifigures are that have been in sets MULTIPLE times! A 70 dollar combo set of a Flash Speeder and AAT would’ve been far better and finally given us a Boss Nass and Battle Attire Padme. Also Shmi should’ve been an anniversary figure or included in the Sith infiltrator. 

37 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I’m with you.

The fact that people are crapping on the Fives figure but praising Jedi Bob’s Starfighter and Venomized Millennium Falcon being a thing truly baffles me

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

LSW isn’t original, they didn’t make something as niche as the coruscant guard gunship because they thought it was cool and unique as they explained in the designer interview, they did it because micro galaxy squadrons did it earlier.