Jim

[TC26] Technic Arctic Vehicle Contest - Discussion Topic

3 hours ago, Jim said:

You will win instantly!

Well, in that case...

Behold my entry!

Ski

This model of a ski models a key piece of arctic equipment, in a primarily white color, but with small orange splashes, making it a perfect entry for this contest's theme!

800x600.jpg

16 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

If we can use stickers everywhere I do not understand why we need to use white or orange :laugh: .

1 hour ago, Thirdwigg said:

You need something to cover all you LBG parts! 😂

Great idea! If I hadn't already finished my entry (see above), that would be a perfect way to get around my lack of white and orange parts!

7 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

If we can use stickers everywhere I do not understand why we need to use white or orange :laugh: .

The previous two arctic themes used some stickers as well. I can only assume people do want to replicate some of them to create a genuine feel of the theme.

Yes I was thinking of replicating the arctic “snowflake” logo used on the technic theme if I opt for white as my base colour. But still not sure which colour scheme I’ll do yet. Depends on how the build goes and what parts are available first

This sounds like a great contest!  Once again, I’m in the middle of another move, so not sure I’ll have time to participate.  Sounds great though!  

Thanks Jim and Milan for hosting another contest!

One for @Jim and @Milan - with the Bricklink issue at the moment and the unknown time to resolve do we think it could disrupt/delay this competition?

I know that if it’s down for a long period of time I might have to completely rethink what I'm currently building.

Let’s wait a bit before we start worrying. We do have some leeway when it comes to the deadline date :thumbup:

The question I didn't found the answer if we can build sort of tourism arctic vehicle or we are heavily interested on cranes, mobile bases or something?

I think, it just needs to be any kind of vehicle, other functionality is up to contestant

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

I think, it just needs to be any kind of vehicle, other functionality is up to contestant

Exactly.

3 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

The question I didn't found the answer if we can build sort of tourism arctic vehicle or we are heavily interested on cranes, mobile bases or something?

Sounds interesting :thumbup:

5 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

Snow Coaches are amazing vehicles 👍

Quick question, @Jim:

Am I allowed to use some prebuilt accessories from my 42069 on my entry, like the gas cans?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=42069-1&name=Extreme Adventure&category=[Technic][Model][Off-Road]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

I think they'd add some nice character to the model, but I don't think I have the required System parts to build original ones, so if I can just use the ones from that set that'd be great!

Just for the inspiration)

In 2020 I was participating in local winter contest, where have took 1st place with this tiny Icebreaker :blush:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/ArsMan064/icebreaker-

640x427.jpg

640x427.jpg

It is a tiny model of Icebreaker, inspired by huge russian nuclear icebreakers. Model can be controlled from 2 knobs on the stand, and also it can be removed from the stend.

Good luck to everyone!

So how is everyone getting along with their builds? I’m assuming/hoping that people are just being secretive (never understood this) about their builds and going to release a “WIP” thread at the last minute. 

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

So how is everyone getting along with their builds? I’m assuming/hoping that people are just being secretive (never understood this) about their builds and going to release a “WIP” thread at the last minute. 

By not building. I hit an obstacle which I haven't been able to solve, so either I'd have to make some serious modifications or abandon the project. Not that I haven't had much time for building either...

I got caught up with Christmas related activities, but I should be posting my entry next week, after I film the video. Photos are done.

On 12/23/2023 at 8:59 AM, Seasider said:

I still haven't started. I have time now, so we'll see what I can get done. No secrecy here. 

On 12/23/2023 at 2:59 PM, Seasider said:

So how is everyone getting along with their builds?

Tore an old half finished MOC apart, tried to come up with something creative and am still stuck at that point.

I have closed the contest. We will be preparing the voting phase now.

Voting has started!
You can place your vote:

Please note that we are using an external site for voting, so make sure to read the rules.
Use this topic for questions or remarks regarding voting.

Good luck everybody!

We won't know how it's going till the end? Gonna be stressful 2 weeks:innocent: