F1stzz

[OFFICIAL] LEGO 40597 Scary Pirate Island - Gift With Purchase - UPDATED October 4

4 October, 2023

Click here for more details

The set has been officially named LEGO® 40597 Scary Pirate Island.

The new LEGO Creator set will be available from LEGO.com between October 13-22 with purchases (estimated) over US$100, although purchase thresholds and regional dates have not yet been officially confirmed.

------------------------------

16 September, 2023

A couple of hours ago a source named @exabrickslegogo_ posted a leak about the upcoming LEGO Creator Pirates GWP 40597 set which is gonna hit the shelves in October :pir-triumph: He's also posted a pic of the set's box in his leaks channel which everyone can find in the description of his Insta page. Feel free to check it all out & share your thoughts, mateys :pir-wink:

EDIT: here's a picture of the box I've mentioned earlier posted by @greekbricks_ :pir-thumb:

I like this set quite a bit--the ruined tower on a skullish island idea is nicely ambitious for a small set, and reminds me of the similar small-scope-big-concept Volcano Island from 1996, which is one of my favorites. I'd prefer a few more pirate specific elements (the Brick built jolly roger worked for me in the three-in-one, not so much here) but I love the little touches like the upside down bat.

I am starting to hit my limit with this whole GWP concept though. What absurdly high price threshold is this gonna be at? Why can't this just be a regular set? I would buy several copies for the kids in my family if it were just available in stores. And this is on top of the rumored Majisto and Pirate Splash Battle GWPs lurking in the near future...

Awaiting better pic but is that a pirates x halloween gwp? I hope Majisto and Galileo will be better (been very good holding off purchases until then!)

37 minutes ago, Arjo said:

Awaiting better pic but is that a pirates x halloween gwp? I hope Majisto and Galileo will be better

I've looked through the reports I've seen back in August and 40597 is indeed mentioned there as "40597 Halloween" + it sure does feel & look like a Halloween themed set with a pirate in it :pir-grin:  What's kinda confusing for me here is the design of a tower — it actually gives off some Fright Knights vibes, which makes the whole set look more like a combo of Pirates & Castle being put in Halloween setting, lol.

1 hour ago, Arjo said:

Awaiting better pic but is that a pirates x halloween gwp? I hope Majisto and Galileo will be better (been very good holding off purchases until then!)

I’m not aware about Galileo GWP? That sounds cool to me! I will look that info up

I kind of like it.  It's got a bat, a pirate & a treasure chest filled with jewels, and a skeleton head.  The build isn't spectacular but but combine this with the Pirate Ship Playground one we got a while back and there are definite possibilities.

Wow it’s like they are trying to kill this theme.

What an ugly, awful, and most of all, boring looking set. If they had gone for classic yellow plates and a shovel I would have been ecstatic, but instead we are “treated” to a rubbish large shark head cave and  some weird red stack behind it? Even the raft build looks terrible.

An absolute miss.

A Halloween themed Pirates set turned out exactly like how I imagined it would, not good.

It's not even funny anymore. We just had a contest with a truckload of amazing designs and the biggest toy company in the world....

31 minutes ago, thewatchman said:

[...] we are “treated” to a rubbish large shark head cave [...]

I was asking myself "WTH even is that cave?", as well as "where do people on Insta see sharks there??" — yeah, now I get it, lol :pir-grin:  I wonder where did the designers snag this idea from? 😏

31 minutes ago, thewatchman said:

[First_Time.GIF] :shrug_oh_well:

4 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

[...] and the biggest toy company in the world....

...remains being the biggest zero-Fs-giving toy company in the world :shrug_confused:

19 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

It's not even funny anymore. We just had a contest with a truckload of amazing designs and the biggest toy company in the world....

It was also Curse of the Black Pearl's 20th anniversary earlier this month which would've been the perfect opportunity for a new PoTC set but have this ugly set instead will you wait for another expensive remake set, you're welcome. :pir-hmpf::cannon:

6 minutes ago, _R_R_ said:

It was also Curse of the Black Pearl's 20th anniversary earlier this month which would've been the perfect opportunity for a new PoTC set but have this ugly set instead will you wait for another expensive remake set, you're welcome. :pir-hmpf::cannon:

Perfect time for a UCS pearl.

The photo in the link above doesnt work. Can we make a rule that photos should be uploaded to imgur as a backup?

anyway does anyone have a photo of this set?

5 minutes ago, zinnn said:

The photo in the link above doesnt work. Can we make a rule that photos should be uploaded to imgur as a backup?

Reddits lego leaks group might have the picture 

4 hours ago, thewatchman said:

What an ugly, awful, and most of all, boring looking set. If they had gone for classic yellow plates and a shovel I would have been ecstatic, but instead we are “treated” to a rubbish large shark head cave and  some weird red stack behind it? Even the raft build looks terrible.

An absolute miss.

Wait… just looked at it again, the red and black bits are a wrecked ship.

I'd like to see the other side of it, in the hope that there's something clever there.

But it doesn't look much like a wrecked ship to me. It would be a better concept that a tiny tower though.

58 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I'd like to see the other side of it, in the hope that there's something clever there.

But it doesn't look much like a wrecked ship to me. It would be a better concept that a tiny tower though.

The small arch at the side with the lamp seems to mirror a the traditional building convention of older sterncastles of lego ships. I wonder if the pirate skeleton will be included from last year?

Colour wise it would match and suit the Halloween theme found here.

It looks rather disappointing. On the pirate theme, saber island would have been perfect without being too close to Ray the castaway GWP, but the theme is halloween it seems...

Let's hope it'll look better/funnier than on the picture

5 hours ago, CaptainMoore said:

It looks rather disappointing. On the pirate theme, saber island would have been perfect without being too close to Ray the castaway GWP, but the theme is halloween it seems...

Let's hope it'll look better/funnier than on the picture

If they ever were to remake Sabre Island, i'd like to see it on shelves instead of being a gwp :shrug_confused:

13 hours ago, zinnn said:

The photo in the link above doesnt work.

Double-checked it, both links still work fine for me and, as I can see, others — perhaps it's something on your side?

13 hours ago, zinnn said:

So far there's only the box art in a poor quality, but I guess we'll see everything fully revealed soon as the report states that release date is set to October 13th.

Why do they always have to be GWPs? This set looks rather good, hope to see official pictures soon. Thank ye for sharing! :pir-thumb: