evancelt

[COR-FB] Harbor Defense Sloop, Wullham

A new sloop is launched in Wullham to help defend the harbor. Crewed by a small group of officers, marines, and able seamen, the ship's main defenses are swivel guns. The ship doesn't have any larger guns, but instead relies on being fast to deliver, with slower harbor gunboats and shore batteries available to lend support as needed. During slow days, the shipboard marines practice boarding neighboring ships.

53190912138_94fd539912_o.jpg

53190089942_c07f08a6c5_o.jpg

----------

OOC: A little ship I made on the small old hulls for a larger Pirate collaborative build I'm making

Very nice ship! I really like the cabin at the stern and the golden details and ornaments. And there is a nice crew :thumbup:

I wonder how the ship would look if the tan parts at the side would also be one of the other colors, brown or dark red.

A very nicely constructed ship! I really like the captain's cabin because it is accessible via a companionway and fits well with the overall look of the ship. Clever how the ship's railing was built to attach the swivel guns.

Nice little ship! You integrated very well the prefab hull pieces and the brick-built parts, adding a lot of fine details and a good choice of minifigs. The sails are somewhat between the ones of classic LEGO ships and realistic riggings. It wouldn't probably be strong enough to sink a Lotii warship, but would definitely do its job against pirates and smugglers!

9 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Think this craft could work at a Class 4?

I'd say it works as a class 4, but honestly it's hard to determine based on the guidelines. It's lacking in firepower which is a bit of a minus, but for some reason it still feels a lot bigger than it is :pir_laugh2: 

If no one debates it, I say licence it as a class 4

Looks nice! I would have put some bars through the 1x2 round plates to secure the ropes firmly, which would look better with thicker brown string.