Peppermint_M

LEGO Dreamzzz 2024 Rumours and Discussion

If they're priced right, they're amazing. Really fun and creative. But I could see them being overly expensive.

Without seeing pictures, I dad comments it sounds like 3 new sets amazing to me! I didn’t expect to see red panda mold showing in that Izzy’s Dream Creatures. 

It’s really interesting to see molded creatures a ew more than buildable creatures in Wave 1. 

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Saw them on Instagram. Unfortunately don't know the original source.

just use #legoleaks they all end up there anyway

Sorry if it’s a dumb quesiton but is Never Witch in the summer wave the same as in Wave 2 (Janaury)?

Posted (edited)

The red panda and panda sets are both fantastic and I love that they include the evil version of the characters with the regular versions. I also love that Izzy's Dream Creatures also comes with a normal red panda from the upcoming city sets. The mech-like panda build is so great. Based on the way the set is named, it seems to imply that Logan might turn  into it but it could also just be his dream creature like all the other characters have. Also, I love that the panda has bamboo armor and a bamboo blaster!

Edited by ToaDraco

Okay, in addition to those three, we’ve got Castle Nocturnia and the Nightmare Creatures. Which, thankfully, does include Doom-Blob. Nightmare Creatures is a three-in-one where the main build is a smaller raven (to accompany the massive one I guess), the B-build is a winged nightmare version of Z-Blob the Robot (very ‘fallen angel’, I love it) and the C-build is one of those Nightmare Wolves we saw in the first season but never had a set of. The leftover pieces also get used for some terrain, which is so much better than just having random parts left over like like sets from the first two waves had.

But Castle Nocturnia is incredible. Completely gorgeous, with fascinating sideways construction, and you can rotate it in different ways to make different towers the ‘top’. It’s a pity it only has three ‘sides’ but I’m okay with that. If I can find a place to put it, I definitely want it. ❤️❤️❤️

As for the other three, they’re all various degrees of ‘meh’? Can’t say I really care about a bigger animal build for Izzy when I’ve got Bunchu already - though the rebuild options for this one are definitely better and more varied. Good toy, good parts pack, but unlikely to be for me (unless I have an idea for a MOC involving its parts maybe). Logan’s mech panda is pretty neat but both of its figures are in other sets and I still kind of hate him as a character so unless S2 gives him a lot of redemption it’s probably a pass for me. Same for Zoey’s bike, though I’ll admit that this one is very stylish and I might get it just as a starting point for a MOC. Especially because Zoey’s secret agent look is very clean and I kinda wanna army build it just a little bit.

I expected that we would get more images of the sets we already got, but this was unexpected to have all the other sets now.

-71483: this might just be my favorite set from this wave. The other sets have a surprisingly low minifigure count( 4 full minifigures in a 130 set, really?) but 5 minifgures here is great.

You get the main villain and 3 of the evil clones, and all that for only $45, now this set might just be a must buy for me. The builds are also great, I might even like them all equally. The standout here is the Evil Z-blob. Also this set just feels like a ton of fun, with 3 very different builds to choose from plus all the minifgures. The value here is just amazing.

-71486: It definitelly looks great and unique, however I don't think that I'd spend $200 on a Dreamzzz set.

We also have more images of the previous sets.

I'm still not sold on Izzie's dream animals, especially when it's $5 cheaper then the Nightmare creatures. While the main build was fine I guess, I'm comletely not a fan of the other builds. But it's great to also have 3 different build options, and the fact that you start with an egg is pretty fun.

All the builds from Zoey's bike are great and they feel like a lot of fun. At $20 I might actually get this set.

The alt build from the Logan the might pandy, just doesn't really feel great at all, the limbs look way too small. But the main build is great at least.

After seeing all the sets I have to say that in my opinion this is the best wave of Dreamzzz. The only set that I'm not the biggest fan of are the Izzie's dream animals, but I won't even call that a bad set. The value of the set is also great, since that was a problem with that before. The only thing that I'm not a fan of, which was also in the previous waves is the minifigure distribiution. There is just too little minifigures in many of the sets.

I’m looking at the sets again and noticing a couple of things;

First, Mr. Oz isn’t in any of these sets? That’s actually really annoying. I was counting on him coming in something this wave so that I wouldn’t need to get either of his previous sets (don’t know what to do with the Space Bus and not a huge fan of the non-canon golden variant in the Space Car). I hope that isn’t foreshadowing something happening to Mr. Oz.

Second, with the exception of Mad-teo, all of the Dark versions of the heroes are based on their S1 outfits. So now I’m wondering if the Never-Witch has somehow stolen the dream avatars of the Dreamchasers and corrupted them, and they actually need to reinvent themselves around new ‘motifs’ to continue being Dreamchasers. Hence why Izzy has gone from a knight to a ninja, Zoey has changed from bandit to spy, Cooper is picturing himself as a robot. Not sure yet how that plays with Mateo and Logan, especially since Mad-teo is following his S2 look rather than his S1 look, but it’s a cool thought and I hope I’m right.

How many adults are into dreamzzz?

Because last year sets are all 50% off and have no sales (yo can see them in all kind of promotions and they are still remaining in shelves 

51 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

Because last year sets are all 50% off and have no sales (yo can see them in all kind of promotions and they are still remaining in shelves 

I’m an adult and I’m into dreamzzz. 

where did you find those? I’m still looking for 3 sets and haven’t found them on sale yet. I watch the sales in my area all the time but anyways beyond that. Here the sales of dreamzzz are pretty high. Most stores in my area sell out pretty quick so I don’t know? Just my input on that one.

9 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I’m looking at the sets again and noticing a couple of things;

First, Mr. Oz isn’t in any of these sets? That’s actually really annoying. I was counting on him coming in something this wave so that I wouldn’t need to get either of his previous sets (don’t know what to do with the Space Bus and not a huge fan of the non-canon golden variant in the Space Car). I hope that isn’t foreshadowing something happening to Mr. Oz.

Second, with the exception of Mad-teo, all of the Dark versions of the heroes are based on their S1 outfits. So now I’m wondering if the Never-Witch has somehow stolen the dream avatars of the Dreamchasers and corrupted them, and they actually need to reinvent themselves around new ‘motifs’ to continue being Dreamchasers. Hence why Izzy has gone from a knight to a ninja, Zoey has changed from bandit to spy, Cooper is picturing himself as a robot. Not sure yet how that plays with Mateo and Logan, especially since Mad-teo is following his S2 look rather than his S1 look, but it’s a cool thought and I hope I’m right.

Why do you assume the golden versions of Mr. Oz and Albert aren't canon? It's entirely possible that that's their new look for this year.

On 3/29/2024 at 8:13 PM, Lemerbrix said:

I actually had an idea! The $200 Lego store exclusive could be castle nocturnia!

I CALLED IT!
anyway, these sets look amazing! The nightmare creatures and castle nocturnia are challenging the midnight raven for my favorite set of the wave!

1 hour ago, DreamsOfReality said:

I’m an adult and I’m into dreamzzz. 

where did you find those? I’m still looking for 3 sets and haven’t found them on sale yet. I watch the sales in my area all the time but anyways beyond that. Here the sales of dreamzzz are pretty high. Most stores in my area sell out pretty quick so I don’t know? Just my input on that one.

In Spain, 2023 DREAMZZZ sets in perpetual discount 

In any LEGO set promotion in toy shops DREAMZZZ set are always included 

You can find today almost 2023 DREAMZZZ in carrefour with 30% discount and a 25% additional discount in a coupon for next purchase 

For example 

https://www.carrefour.es/lego-dreamzzz-izzie-y-el-conejo-bunchu-7-anos-71453/VC4A-24450396/p?gad_source=1&gclsrc=ds

12€ and 3€ coupon for next purchase 

And you can find at least 5 units in each supermarket 

Posted (edited)

I'm really loving the alternative builds for these sets, especially Doom-Blob. Man, the minifigs are all so good! I also concur with some of the others that it's a bit disappointing and concerning that Mr. Oz is nowhere to be found. Wven if he and Albert just use the gold outfits for season 2, I still eould have expected them to appear in at least one more set.

Man, I'm surprised by how much I am loving that Panda mech! The quadrapedal form leaves something to be desired but the bipedal form more than makes up for it. Also, I didn't notice until now, but it includes a brand new armor piece for the shoulders. My immediate thought was "well, it looks like we're getting an MCU Vulture buildable action figure" but it's a cool piece. I look forward to seeing the Panda in action in the show. Hopefully it's like Logan's version of Z-Blob or Bunchu. I think the only thing that would have put this set over the top is if it included Sneak and a place for hom to sit on the Panda's shoulder or something since he's Logan's little friend.

Edit: I totally forgot that we've already seen that new piece because it's also the face of the Z-Blob Knight Mech. It's still cool to see that new piece in more than one set and more than one color. Also, I think I know why I love this set so much. It reminds me a lot of the gorilla tribe from Chima. They were my favorite Chima faction and they had giant Gorilla mechs with wooden armor.

Castle Nocturnia looks amazing, such an awesome build! I love how very Escher-esque it is and the sideways structures encourage you tocflip the entire build on its side for different experience. Extremely clever. Phil the Manticore looks excellent and I would have honestly taken him as his own little set. The price tag seems a bit iffy though. It's a bit lacking in size and scope for $200 but maybe the value will be more apparent once reviews start rolling out.

Edited by ToaDraco

16 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

In Spain, 2023 DREAMZZZ sets in perpetual discount 

In any LEGO set promotion in toy shops DREAMZZZ set are always included 

You can find today almost 2023 DREAMZZZ in carrefour with 30% discount and a 25% additional discount in a coupon for next purchase 

For example 

https://www.carrefour.es/lego-dreamzzz-izzie-y-el-conejo-bunchu-7-anos-71453/VC4A-24450396/p?gad_source=1&gclsrc=ds

12€ and 3€ coupon for next purchase 

And you can find at least 5 units in each supermarket 

To be quite honest, it's not abnormal for sets from less than a year ago to still be on shelves, nor for sets that are more than half a year old to be discounted to make room for newer stock. The link you shared shows a 20% discount for me, which is not that out of the ordinary for a set that size.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

To be quite honest, it's not abnormal for sets from less than a year ago to still be on shelves, nor for sets that are more than half a year old to be discounted to make room for newer stock. The link you shared shows a 20% discount for me, which is not that out of the ordinary for a set that size.

The official price of the set is 19,99€ 

12€ it's yet a good discount 

And in addition you get 3€ in a coupon for the next purchase 

22 hours ago, Lion King said:

Sorry if it’s a dumb quesiton but is Never Witch in the summer wave the same as in Wave 2 (Janaury)?

So no one answers this quesiton. I assume it’s the same Never Witch minifigure, no new design. 

7 hours ago, El Garfio said:

I am adult here and i love DreamZzz theme.

I don’t think that’s odd to see 50% discount on the Wae 1 (summer 2023). 

I don't really follow this theme beyond checking out the new sets when they're revealed, but I gotta say that the new castle is insanely cool. Probably a little too outside my price range but it really is such an interesting idea that I don't think Lego has really done before?

Posted (edited)

Decided to run through all the set images to collate which ‘bottled realms’ are included in which set, for collection purposes;

Nightmare Raven: Sandman’s Tower, Skull/Windmill, Green/Blue Cogs(?)

Cat Motorcycle: Gaming

Logan’s Mighty Panda: Skull/Windmill

Dream Animals: Gaming

Nightmare Creatures: Gaming, Village, Mushrooms, Castle Nocturnia

C-Rex: Sandman’s Tower

Z-Blob The Knight: Castle Nocturnia

Castle Nocturnia: Skull/Windmill, Gaming, Village, Candy, Green/Blue Cogs(?)

I’m not quite sure what the ‘Green/Blue Cogs’ one is, nor am I completely certain that the instances thereof in the Raven and Castle Nocturnia are the same design. So we’ll just sit on that for a bit I guess. It looks like the only exclusive ones are the Mushroom Realm in the Nightmare Creatures and - annoyingly - the Candy Realm in Castle Nocturnia. Though it also looks like, if you get those two sets, you’ll get all of them except for the Sandman’s Tower. (And if it turns out the two ‘Green/Blue Cogs’ ones are actually different designs, one of them will be exclusive to the Nightmare Raven anyway, so those three sets will get you all of them - alternatively, go for the C-Rex for its exclusive Cooper variant?)

Also, I might be wrong (and this might be what the Cogs is actually intended to be) but it doesn’t look like the Treehouse is in any of these, which is an interesting choice. 

Edited by Fenghuang0296

I’m curious why these sets are up for pre-order again just like last year? Is there something to do wiht tv show or marketing strategy?

Posted (edited)

71483: The Never Witch's Nightmare Creatures is probably my favorite set of this wave, comes at a good price point , 4 "bad guy" figures , and nice builds with cohesive color scheme. 

The concept of mirrored good evil characters reminds me of Stone Clay, or later "good Jestro" in Nexo , or blue Hidden Side Jack in sets.

And they go all-out this wave with 5 mirror characters (names from LEGO.com descriptions)

Izzie - Dizzie 

Matteo - MadTeo

Logan - Dogan

Cooper - Dooper

Zoey - Doey

Edited by TeriXeri

Omg. This new wave of Dreamzzz is amazing. I love Izzies dream animals. That red panda though 😍

Does that Nocturnia lion have satin trans-yellow dishes on its wings?

3 hours ago, danth said:

Does that Nocturnia lion have satin trans-yellow dishes on its wings?

Looks like it in the lifestyle photos. The slight opacity kind of reminds me of the "trans-neon yellow" that was mostly only used for Clikits and a few Bionicle eyestalks.

Interesting new torso piece in the Never Witch's nightmare creatures set. Doesn't appear to be in the other sets though.