THELEGOBATMAN

LEGO Ninjago 2024 Rumours and Discussion

Oh man, the Shadow Dojo is hands down my favorite Ninjago set this year. The sense of scale is fantastic, and the colors work so well together. The arena is great to have, especially with the clear parts to pose minifigs on. I'm just so glad to get a great, large villain lair. It also has plenty of minifigs for the price, including all of the main villains! Fantastic, I'll definitely pick this up at some point.

Arin's buggy doesn't do it for me. It's overpriced, messy in terms of the colors (yellowish orange, dark blue, sand green interior, and the very obvious purple technic parts? bleh) and the 'spoiler' with the technic parts in the back just make it look hollow to me. On top of that, it's at least $10 overpriced, maybe $15 or $20 if we factor in the parts count.

I still really like young Riyu, cute small dragon. Dragonstone temple still looks very overpriced, and the interior is very cramped honestly. I feel better about Kai's mech than before, but the lack of elbows and spindly technic arms still kill it for me, on top of it looking pretty small for $70.

Overall, I'll probably pick up young Riyu and the Shadow Dojo. The rest is pretty meh.

Dojo looks great.  So does the temple but 120 is too much for that set.  Probably will pick up Ryu and the Dojo.  I'm not into the mechs or vehicles that much unless there are great figs in the set.  

So the sets got revealed and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by them.

Riyu the young dragon - the new images make it look a bit better for me, and I do have to say that I do like the design of him. But the minifigure selection is kinda lame for me, with only Sora's hair piece being the only thing that interests me. I do like the build but I'm not too huge on it. $15 is a small price for the set, but that's still something and I'd rather save my money for something else.

Arin's off-road buggy - At first I wasn't a fan of the design, but after seeing more images of it I do have to say that I do quite like it. The fact that it can fit 2 minifigures inside is great, and also it has suspension which is absolutely amazing. The other detail that I like on it is the Riyu sticker on the spoiler, like that is super cute. But I don't like the fact that there is just too much dark blue on it, like it isn't even on arin's suit. The minifigure selection is quite great in it. Getting Cinder is nice, but the stand out here is Climber Cole. I can easily say that he has the best climber suit, like the other suits have a problem with the colors of the 2 part mask piece not really matching too well, but cole has it in just black which makes it great. But a big turn off with this set is the price. like it looks like a 30/35 set, maybe 40 but 50 is just too much for it. especially with only 260 pieces. Like being able to build a 50 set under 1 hour 30 minutes is just not great.(unless it is a Jurassic set) 

The other thing in this set that is interesting is the fact that Riyu is still small, which might suggest that s2 takes place before the Social Media Ninja short.

Kai's climber mech - I'm the most interested in this set. the official reveal doesn't really give us anything new in the main build. But there is Jordana with a jet pack, and I was kinda expecting a glider that you can stand on, but what we got is still quite nice. The minifigure selection is small for $70 but what is included in it is great. But I do have to say that the color matching on Jay feels quite weak, maybe  it would look better in person. and also I would get the new sword piece from this set, which is a really great new mould.

Dragon stone shrine - The life style images make it feel bigger then it look before. which is kinda making me want it now. I do like the fact that the platform where Ras and Lloyd duel san move from side to side, and it actually has more stuff on the back of it. What I  especially like is the feature where you can reaveal a hidden book. I dislike the fact that Kai and Nya are in their s1 suits, like the climber suits would fit fine with it. But the other minifigures are great. it's nice to get Ras in this set, and a new Wu is a pleasent surprise, like I expected that they would just reuse his core suit. it's nice that you also get the hood with Euphrasia, but other then that she looks fine and there isn't really anything more to say about it.

Shadow Dojo - this set looks really great, and also it feels huge for the price. This just looks like an all in one set, since you get the 3 main villains. Also half of the climber suit are exclusive to this set, so that is also making it more attractive. The interior of the Dojo feels quite bare bones, but that can be forgiven because of the exterior which is feature pact. But I don't think I'd get this set. Since this would take up a lot of space, and I do own the Ninja dojo temle and the Monastery, So I don't think I'd want another big dojo. But I'm not too sure on that and I might actually end up getting it. Also the fact that this would be a Lego store exclusive is a turn off for me.

So with that the only set that I'm considering on getting is the Kai's Climber mech, so with that I'd also get the $10 Jay mech, $20 Cole mech and the $30 Kai mech, which would ad up to $130.

Maybe I'd get The Shrine, and a bigger maybe is the Shadow Dojo, but that would depend on the summer wave.

Overall a really solid wave with a lot of variety for a small number of sets.

The Riyu set is great for its low price. Glad they included both Sora and Arin. The build looks better in lifestyle pictures — no idea why they use this weird spread-legs position in most of the other photos.

Arin's Buggy is definitely the weakest set of this wave. I suppose it might be using dark blue and purple elements because Arin stole it from Wolf Masks and got it modified. If not, the colour scheme wouldn't make any sense. Cole looks kinda weird with those orange arms. It's also overpriced.

Kai's Mech is really good. I like the build as a whole, and especially the big swords with smaller ones on its sides. The minifigure selection is great too.

Shadow Dojo is the exact opposite of the Dragonstone Temple — it's really spacious and spread-out. I love the aesthetics, but I can't help but feel that it lacks substance. The building is mostly an empty facade that lacks a proper interior. Minifigure selection is incredible tho. 

Dragonstone Temple, as I've said before, looks incredible — just not for that price. Glad I was wrong about Euphrasia (weird that she uses Female Apprentice's hairpiece and head). The minifigure selection is still weird.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

These look really good! 
The Dragonstone Temple is gorgeous, and we get Euphrasia! The Shadow Dojo is excellent, though more of a facade than I was expecting (that being said (especially with the training area in front), it looks like a fighting game stage, which suits the tournament theme of the season quite well!). 
I really like Kai’s climber mech, despite the secondary arms being spindly (maybe they are retractable?), but it seems overpriced at $70. Speaking of overpriced, Arin’s buggy should be $10-$15 cheaper. I am not sure how I feel about the dark blue; it looks good, but odd in light of the colour being completely absent from his main suit. 
Riyu looks fine, but for $15 I can just get two and combine them into a less squished-looking model. Sora’s hairpiece looks great (and is quite overdue!), and the climber Ninja suits look amazing! 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Glad I was wrong about Euphrasia (weird that she uses Female Apprentice's hairpiece and head). 

The choice of head is strange, but since we never saw her hair in the show, maybe the part in the temple will turn out to be accurate? 

I am also confused by the fact that Baby Riyu is included in Arin's Buggy... isn't he bigger now, accurately represented by the smallest set? Makes no sense to include his baby form.

The buggy is a little bit on the spindly side, but honestly, I still think its a pretty good set. Kinda looks like the Rock Roader and a Nexo Knights vehicle mixed together. Overall, not the best, but still a solid set with a good build and color scheme.

(I'm not gonna bring up the highly questionable price tho)

I’m not gonna say much on the sets till prices are confirmed, but I will say the buggy is definitely the least interesting. No new Arin, and I have a Riyu and Jordana already. Also looks like the rock roader, but somewhat worse function wise. 

also yeah what happened to Lloyds mech? No way are they gonna cancel it because it didn’t appear in the shorts? Pics of it are plastered all over every mech box 

41 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I’m not gonna say much on the sets till prices are confirmed, but I will say the buggy is definitely the least interesting. No new Arin, and I have a Riyu and Jordana already. Also looks like the rock roader, but somewhat worse function wise. 

also yeah what happened to Lloyds mech? No way are they gonna cancel it because it didn’t appear in the shorts? Pics of it are plastered all over every mech box 

Prices have been confirmed for like half a year now tho.

71810: 15€, 132 pcs

71811: 50€, 267 pcs

71812: 70€, 623 pcs

71813: 120€, 1190 pcs

71819: 120€, 1212 pcs

And whatever do you mean about Lloyd's mech? They've revealed it two months ago, it's releasing on March 1st along the other sets.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Prices have been confirmed for like half a year now tho.

71810: 15€, 132 pcs

71811: 50€, 267 pcs

71812: 70€, 623 pcs

71813: 120€, 1190 pcs

71819: 120€, 1212 pcs

And whatever do you mean about Lloyd's mech? They've revealed it two months ago, it's releasing on March 1st along the other sets.

Yeah I just saw confirmed UK prices on brickset. I'll post my thoughts soon enough. As for Lloyds mech, it disappeared off lego.com for a while and I was wondering if it would be another technic osprey situation...

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Dojo is very interesting, much moreso then the 2023 Tower, even while that one would fit well with 2022 sets, and the 2024 shrine (rocks with brown tree in all of them)

The main standouts here for me are the Dojo and Temple. I already mentioned liking the temple before but the Dojo is excellent, the minifigure selection is great and the build itself just looks really large and imposing which is cool. I feel like it's been a while since we got a non-D2C Ninjago structure that felt this big?

The Buggy and Mech are not bad but seem really expensive, especially the former. I like Riyu though, definitely could see myself impulse buying that one eventually.

"As the world of Ninjago faces a threat unlike any before, young champion Garmadon sets off on a quest to discover the truth behind the legend of The Forbidden Five and a secret power that could turn the tide of the Serpentine War! But can Garmadon resist the temptation in front of him to save Ninjago, or will he be consumed by the power he's so close to grasping

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I am also confused by the fact that Baby Riyu is included in Arin's Buggy... isn't he bigger now, accurately represented by the smallest set? Makes no sense to include his baby form.

Theory might be he can change size like Chompy from MOTM.

Edit: Also looking at the set. Does Riyu not have a lower jaw? As you'd think one of the images would showcase that.

Edited by Takanuinuva

42 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Edit: Also looking at the set. Does Riyu not have a lower jaw? As you'd think one of the images would showcase that.

He does. 

You have to look closely at the head. There's a line representing his lower jaw moulded in there.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He does. 

You have to look closely at the head. There's a line representing his lower jaw moulded in there.

Doesn't look like it opens either. I get it's a small set. But a working jaw would have been nice.

7 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Doesn't look like it opens either. I get it's a small set. But a working jaw would have been nice.

Yeah. That sucks.

On 1/31/2024 at 8:34 PM, Takanuinuva said:

That would be real shame if it doens’t open at all. Gallimius from Jurasic World theme has an opening lower jaw, even its head is small.

On 1/31/2024 at 5:01 PM, Takanuinuva said:

And Zanth in S1. 

On 1/31/2024 at 3:28 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I suppose it might be using dark blue and purple elements because Arin stole it from Wolf Masks and got it modified. If not, the colour scheme wouldn't make any sense. 

Interesting theory! Considering that the Lloyd/Arin mech and Zane’s race car from S1 were not built specifically for the Ninja, I can see this happening. 

On 1/31/2024 at 7:13 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think that LEGO is just trying to get as much use out of the baby Riyu mould while they can. 

12 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I think that LEGO is just trying to get as much use out of the baby Riyu mould while they can.

Personally I wish they'd go full Lego Elves and give us other baby dragons of different elements using the same mold. Maybe at some point...

47 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Personally I wish they'd go full Lego Elves and give us other baby dragons of different elements using the same mold. Maybe at some point...

I mean it's called Dragons rising, they don't need an excuse to give us more baby dragons and like you I'd love to see it. ( was there a black baby dragon with the Riyu mold leaked at one point?)

But something I'd specifically really love to see is the Ritu Mould marbled with printing over the top, though we don't get many marbled elements these days.

Edited by Agent Kallus

32 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

( was there a black baby dragon with the Riyu mold leaked at one point?)

I know this one! The black/dark blue baby Riyu mold was a comic-con exclusive.

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Soooooooo Chima just got confirmed!

This is absolutely insane, I love it. I like the idea of the separate action themes being part of the same wider universe.