THELEGOBATMAN

LEGO Ninjago 2024 Rumours and Discussion

Promobricks just confirmed they'll release news about the Winter 2024 Ninjago wave next. (They've just released Star Wars 2024 info with set names, prices, and piece counts.)

Really excited. Wonder if we'll get a Season 2 wave, or something else for Winter.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well we should now in a few hours then (provided that Promobricks reveal the names today, and not in the next few days).

Honestly my guess is in the next 24 hours, marvel set rumours just revealed and usually they are the last to appear, so Ninjago should be tomorrow or later on today

15 minutes ago, Fire-Ninja said:

Honestly my guess is in the next 24 hours, marvel set rumours just revealed and usually they are the last to appear, so Ninjago should be tomorrow or later on today

Soooooo when’s the 2024 thread coming? Damn that’s wild, 2024. Don’t think I’ve gotten over 2020 yet. Still, excited to see what it brings. As for the webwex leak, “shadow against the devourer”, I think it’s likely a super hero set, the name seems to vague and unless we are getting legacy 2, or a what if? Type of wave, i doubt we will see the return of the great devourer in DR part 2. I’m more excited to see new trailers and such for the show.  

Edited by a guy from somewhere

4 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Soooooo when’s the 2024 thread coming? Damn that’s wild, 2024. Don’t think I’ve gotten over 2020 yet. Still, excited to see what it brings. As for the webwex leak, “shadow against the devourer”, I think it’s likely a super hero set, the name seems to vague and unless we are getting legacy 2, or a what if? Type of wave, i doubt we will see the return of the great devourer in DR part 2. I’m more excited to see new trailers and such for the show.  

In exactly five months.

Or not, I think Ninjago threads don't have rules like this, someone might just make it soon.

Wow, lookings at the set list it's should be called Ninjago mechs rising not dragons rising.

Edit:

6!? Mechs

2 dragons, 

1 car 

1 temple 

3 gimmick sets.

And a polybag

Edited by Agent Kallus

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Season 2 wave. There's too many mechs and gimmicks — nine in total, compared to four other sets (two of them being dragons).

Something feels off about it. I wonder if they are doing EVO, but with Dragons Rising setting and characters — whilst not being canon to the series itself.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Season 2 wave. There's too many mechs and gimmicks — nine in total, compared to four other sets (two of them being dragons).

Something feels off about it. I wonder if they are doing EVO, but with Dragons Rising setting and characters — whilst not being canon to the series itself.

Likely, but I’d expect more dragons than mechs if that’s the case. I have a (IMO) more solid proposal. I think this is legos new way of doing original action themes, but like properly, not just a shell like other Ninjago seasons. I think these are offical non cannon themes that Lego has thought up and has put the well known characters of Ninjago in to make it sell. There was an idea of this with stuff like sea bound and master of the mountain (take out the ninja and they could easily have been their own separate themes) but now the Lego group is going all in, and are fully committed to it. We get a story based Ninjago season and wave each summer, and in the winter we get a brand new original theme with the ninja plonked into it. It started with core, will run for a wave or 2 and will be phased out in favour of a new one. This time it’s a sort of exo force reboot I think. 

Im personally excited, I can’t wait for this. I love Ninjago mechs and this wave will have to make each set stand out as they are all going to be on shelves at the same time and marketed alongside eachother, so each mech should be pretty different and characteristic. I’m thinking mole/centipede mech for Cole, floating lightning mech for Jay, not too sure why Kai has 2 mechs but I suppose one could be a battle chunky small one and the bigger one could be something like a sloth like build with giant cable cannons on the back and big hands to climb? Lotta weird stuff here but I like it. Will be excited to hear more info and see pics! 

Reading those names was rough very rough i knew we'd get another good cheap wave but deep down deep down i knew lego would know a way to megabluck it over, Great prices, but 5/6 are mechs, and the one that isnt is an overpriced dragon.Not a single small terrain/building like dojo showdown, jungle trap, etc, not a single bit of difference, all mechs and dragons what has ninjago come to, i get it some people love mechs but too much of a good thing in this case is a bad thing. I am furious that there isnt even a single set like dojo showdown, throne room, idk, cheap buildings?? why are they allvehicles god damn it

Honestly I don't mind a mech-heavy wave after the dragon-heavy wave we're in now. Hope they look good.

Updated OFFICIAL Winter 2024 Set Names:

Kai's Rising Dragon Strike 71801

Nya's Rising Dragon Strike 71802

Arin's Rising Dragon Strike 71803

Arin's Battle Mech (4+) 71804

Jay's Mech Battle Pack 71805

Cole's Elemental Earth Mech 71806

Sora's Elemental Tech Mech 71807

Kai's Elemental Fire Mech 71808

Egalt the Master Dragon 71809

Young Dragon Riyu 71810

Arin's Off-Road Buggy Car 71811

Kai's Ninja Climber Mech 71812

Dragon Stone Shrine 71819

Edited by Fire-Ninja

2 hours ago, Fire-Ninja said:

Egalt the Master Dragon 71809

This is potentially the Source Dragon from the end of S1a. 

2 hours ago, Fire-Ninja said:

Sora's Elemental Tech Mech 71807

I wonder if this will be Sora’s S1 mech in its flight configuration. 

3 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I think these are offical non cannon themes that Lego has thought up and has put the well known characters of Ninjago in to make it sell. There was an idea of this with stuff like sea bound and master of the mountain (take out the ninja and they could easily have been their own separate themes) but now the Lego group is going all in, and are fully committed to it. We get a story based Ninjago season and wave each summer, and in the winter we get a brand new original theme with the ninja plonked into it. It started with core, will run for a wave or 2 and will be phased out in favour of a new one. This time it’s a sort of exo force reboot I think. 

Very unlikely, IMO, as the entire idea behind the Dragons Rising soft reboot was to make the theme more cohesive and drop the ‘theme’ seasons. 

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Honestly I don't mind a mech-heavy wave after the dragon-heavy wave we're in now. Hope they look good.

I agree; I like that LEGO seems to be varying the types of sets that are released in each wave, and I am surprised at the disappointment since mechs have been a large part of Ninjago since Rise of the Snakes! My only complaint at this point is the lack of Imperium sets (though Beatrix’s and Rapton’s hover chariots could appear as antagonists in some of the larger sets); I hope that we at least get Dr. LaRow, along with more gold guards and Claw Hunters. 

Yet again, I have so many questions about the next Ninjago wave.

Is it based on Season 2? Are the sets canon? Why are there so many mechs? Why is there only a single location set? How did they choose which sets are for January, and which are for March? Will the Ninjas wear the same suits as in the Summer 2023 wave? Will the Imperium appear?

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yet again, I have so many questions about the next Ninjago wave.

Is it based on Season 2? Are the sets canon? Why are there so many mechs? Why is there only a single location set? How did they choose which sets are for January, and which are for March? Will the Ninjas wear the same suits as in the Summer 2023 wave? Will the Imperium appear?

Probably continuation of DR S1 part 2, hoping that the Summer 2024 wave is GOATED

On 7/5/2023 at 3:06 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

New set is coming for comic con, polybag of a source dragon. Guessing it’s the one that is trapped by imperium. 
https://assets.legal.services.lego.com/ecerts/6484261_363_usdoc_en_10329553.pdf

This is honestly some pretty impressive detective work.  How did you even find the URL path of this legal document?  Which also leads me to my next question -- what other LEGO legal documents are publicly accessible in this directory (or other directories)?

Edited by mattytreks

1 hour ago, mattytreks said:

This is honestly some pretty impressive detective work.  How did you even find the URL path of this legal document?  Which also leads me to my next question -- what other LEGO legal documents are publicly accessible in this directory (or other directories)?

Ive just realised, its labled "source dragon" and we got Riyu. Does that confirm him to be a source dragon? 

4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Ive just realised, its labled "source dragon" and we got Riyu. Does that confirm him to be a source dragon? 

Maybe, but I think that Riyu being a Source Dragon was heavily implied in DR S1a. Also, I have a theory that Source Dragons are the source of Elemental Powers, which explains both why Riyu could power up Sora, and also why Elemental Powers seek out new hosts after the death of their previous host. 

Wonder if the 15€ Riyu the Baby Dragon set actually features a small buildable Riyu, seeing as he'll probably grow throughout the seasons.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wonder if the 15€ Riyu the Baby Dragon set actually features a small buildable Riyu, seeing as he'll probably grow throughout the seasons.

Maybe, but I feel like he will be the Grogu of Dragons Rising and remain small and cute for most of the series. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Maybe, but I feel like he will be the Grogu of Dragons Rising and remain small and cute for most of the series. 

I'm of two minds about this... I love cute baby Riyu but it'd be so cool to see what he looks like once he's full-grown. Maybe if they do a time-travel storyline at some point we could get to have both?

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I'm of two minds about this... I love cute baby Riyu but it'd be so cool to see what he looks like once he's full-grown. Maybe if they do a time-travel storyline at some point we could get to have both?

Well (IIRC) the baby dragon Bumpy in the master of the mountain storyline could sometimes power up to a larger form and then revert back to 'baby mode', they could do something along the same lines with Riyu?

Edited by Agent Kallus

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not sure if it’s unpopular but i do hope it would e a teenager dragon mold instead of brick-buildable, similiar to a raptor from Jurassic World. 

It’s just my small hope. 

Just like Midgard Seprent from. Norse myth? I mean Thor’s harder struck the Midgard Seprent’s head so har enough to send it back in time. :P

I think that we already saw what an adult Riyu would look like in the second episode, when the Ninja take him back to his home; we see multiple dragons with the same body type and colour as Riyu, but that are much larger.