KotZ

[MOC] One Way Out

"My name is Kino Loy. I'm the day shift manager on Level Five. I'm speaking to you from the command center on Level Eight. We are, at this moment, in control of the facility..."

Here is a digital version of Andor's episode "One Way Out," which I plan to build physically and light up. I wanted to show some iconic scenes from the breakout scenes.

OneWayOut001.png

OneWayOut002.png

OneWayOut003.png

One Way Out in Aurebesh.

OneWayOut004.png

OneWayOut005.png

The breakout from level 5.

OneWayOut006.png

OneWayOut007.png

"On Program!"

"There is one way out. Right now, the building is ours. You need to run, climb, kill!"

OneWayOut008.png

"Can't swim."

OneWayOut009.png

OneWayOut010.png

Thoughts and criticism always welcome! Enjoy!

OneWayOut001.png

OneWayOut001.png

OneWayOut002.png

OneWayOut003.png

OneWayOut004.png

OneWayOut005.png

OneWayOut006.png

OneWayOut007.png

OneWayOut008.png

OneWayOut001.png

OneWayOut002.png

OneWayOut003.png

OneWayOut004.png

OneWayOut005.png

OneWayOut006.png

OneWayOut007.png

OneWayOut008.png

OneWayOut009.png

OneWayOut010.png

This is incredible! There's so much palpable effort and time put into this MOC, and it really shows in both the sheer scale and the detailing. 

I know that arc from Andor really grabbed me as one of the best SW stories, and really affected me. Clearly, it had an impact on you too, and I love to see the creativity that impact led to.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is incredible! There's so much palpable effort and time put into this MOC, and it really shows in both the sheer scale and the detailing. 

I know that arc from Andor really grabbed me as one of the best SW stories, and really affected me. Clearly, it had an impact on you too, and I love to see the creativity that impact led to.

Thanks! It took a few revisions to get where I wanted with this, as the scene in the control room was actually on the ground level of the MOC originally but looked weird with the height difference. I really enjoyed Andor and I'm glad I made this.

6 hours ago, djbonzaii said:

Fantastic work 👍

Thanks!

3 hours ago, TheScaryDoor said:

Looks great for a great scene and I think you capured all the important parts from one way out.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Very nice moc! Impressive size!

Yeah it came out a bit bigger than I expected. Thanks!

As a side note, I have no idea why there are so many duplicate images.

It's certainly big, but that's the only "positive" thing I can say about this. The details are of awfully low quality, and sometimes I can hardly see any effort put into this MOC. It looks as if you were paid to create something this size and chose the least effort path. This isn't the way.

Focus on smaller builds and pay more attention to detail, and most importantly, look up how others build and notice the quality difference between your builds and what others post here.

24 minutes ago, Falcrum said:

It's certainly big, but that's the only "positive" thing I can say about this. The details are of awfully low quality, and sometimes I can hardly see any effort put into this MOC. It looks as if you were paid to create something this size and chose the least effort path. This isn't the way.

Focus on smaller builds and pay more attention to detail, and most importantly, look up how others build and notice the quality difference between your builds and what others post here.

Bit much, no?

It's a good MOC. It might not be the most detailed (bearing in mind Narkina 5 isn't exactly ripe for the greebles), but it's a good representation of the source material, and the way it's all combined in a Cloud City-esque layout is nice IMO.

Criticism is fine, but respectfully, this doesn't sound very constructive - least of all calling it low effort. The time or energy put into a MOC does not always correlate with how good or bad it is perceived to be. I can definitely see the effort put into this. The detail will come with practice. Keep it up OP!

I'd say this moc looks pretty good. The presentation doesn't pop nearly as much as if it was built in real bricks and photographed with a real camera, but that's alright. I'd enjoy seeing something like this at a convention.

1 hour ago, Falcrum said:

Rude, and clearly untrue. Look at the size of this thing. Is it the single most detailed build ever, no. Does it still have a lot of greebling where greebling can be placed, and shows palpable effort and building techniques? Yes. And as @TeddytheSpoon said, the source material isn't the most complex design, it's not like a blank white wall needs a lot of details. 

Even if you, for whatever reason, think this is bad, why don't you keep it to yourself, or at least find a better way to phrase it than "awfully low quality"? No need to be an absolute jerk about it. 

As I commented earlier, I think this is a hell of a build. If you want to start calling the builds others put tons of effort into "awfully low quality" and "hardly any effort", you better be able to handle similar comments on your mocs. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

8 hours ago, Falcrum said:

:thumbup:

7 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Bit much, no?

It's a good MOC. It might not be the most detailed (bearing in mind Narkina 5 isn't exactly ripe for the greebles), but it's a good representation of the source material, and the way it's all combined in a Cloud City-esque layout is nice IMO.

Criticism is fine, but respectfully, this doesn't sound very constructive - least of all calling it low effort. The time or energy put into a MOC does not always correlate with how good or bad it is perceived to be. I can definitely see the effort put into this. The detail will come with practice. Keep it up OP!

Thanks. Yeah, Narkina 5 doesn;t alow a ton of greebling on the inside which is why I brought some more to the outside grey sections.

7 hours ago, icm said:

I'd say this moc looks pretty good. The presentation doesn't pop nearly as much as if it was built in real bricks and photographed with a real camera, but that's alright. I'd enjoy seeing something like this at a convention.

Thanks. I'm hoping when I build it physically it will pop more and can see the hallway a bit more, especially when I have lights running through. Definitely plan on bringing it to a convention.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Rude, and clearly untrue. Look at the size of this thing. Is it the single most detailed build ever, no. Does it still have a lot of greebling where greebling can be placed, and shows palpable effort and building techniques? Yes. And as @TeddytheSpoon said, the source material isn't the most complex design, it's not like a blank white wall needs a lot of details. 

Even if you, for whatever reason, think this is bad, why don't you keep it to yourself, or at least find a better way to phrase it than "awfully low quality"? No need to be an absolute jerk about it. 

As I commented earlier, I think this is a hell of a build. If you want to start calling the builds others put tons of effort into "awfully low quality" and "hardly any effort", you better be able to handle similar comments on your mocs. 

Thanks (again:laugh:)!

On 9/3/2023 at 10:49 AM, Falcrum said:

You just lost a ton of respect points - this is just a garbage post and you know it.

People are screaming praises about this moc all over the place (various Lego Discords etc)

I suggest you get a bit more perspective before you start judging like that again.

Also - fantastic MOC - my one gripe?

MOAR! (bigger/more stuff/just more!) :D

There's like a little bit of everything - and while its kind of compacted - you always see something new - great job.

Edited by Kage Goomba

2 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

You just lost a ton of respect points - this is just a garbage post and you know it.

Yup. Eurobricks SW community lost all their respect points with their garbage posts here. Enjoy praising terrible builds and I hope no line of criticism ever sets foot on this forum again. I wonder if you will ever understand that if you can't differentiate between quality and mediocrity and reward both equally your words of appreciation have no real valuue.  Not gonna miss you.

Edited by Falcrum

3 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

People are screaming praises about this moc all over the place (various Lego Discords etc)

I suggest you get a bit more perspective before you start judging like that again.

Also - fantastic MOC - my one gripe?

MOAR! (bigger/more stuff/just more!) :D

There's like a little bit of everything - and while its kind of compacted - you always see something new - great job.

I'm glad you like it! Honestly, I think I'd struggle to make it bigger or have more scenes without it being repetitive, like the scene when Andor arrives is the same location as when they flee. I considered doing their bunk space with the scene of the guy who offed himself, but I figured it was a bit dark (and I do have some dark/more adult builds I've done) for this MOC.

Yup. Eurobricks SW community lost all their respect points with their garbage posts here. Enjoy praising terrible builds and I hope no line of criticism ever sets foot on this forum again. I wonder if you will ever understand that if you can't differentiate between quality and mediocrity and reward both equally your words of appreciation have no real valuue.  Not gonna miss you.

I'm not sure exactly why you're being so aggressive about it. You obviously are more than welcome to your opinion. I think why people are pushing back on your comment is partly the tone, partly the source material, and maybe biggest (IMO) that you offer no solutions aside from "look at other builds." There's no suggestion of techniques to try, different scenes to include, other parts to use, etc.

On 9/4/2023 at 3:49 AM, Falcrum said:

Get ducked, if you've watched the show at all you'd know the entire facility is just plain white rooms, but there's still heaps of detail in this MOC. Lets see your version.

I wonder if you will ever understand your ATTITUDE is the issue here - you where wholly immature and unacceptable in your tact in terms of what your problem with the MOC - that and no one agrees with the evaluation over it - you have a serious problem here - I suggest you take a walk and maybe touch some grass before you decide to respond.

Maybe actually read what people are trying to tell you instead of being so flippant.

You are not gods gift to Lego MOC's - and you are certainly no authority on the subject - so stop pretending you are.

Frankly I fail to see what the problem is with the MOC to begin with - it accomplished the objective he set out to begin with - if you don't like the style - then maybe you shouldn't have commented in the first place.

11 minutes ago, KotZ said:

I'm glad you like it! Honestly, I think I'd struggle to make it bigger or have more scenes without it being repetitive, like the scene when Andor arrives is the same location as when they flee. I considered doing their bunk space with the scene of the guy who offed himself, but I figured it was a bit dark (and I do have some dark/more adult builds I've done) for this MOC.

My problem is I'm hopelessly addicted to "big"  (just see my signature links ;) )

Frankly I'm more impressed with the techniques of the small little details like the corridor and other structure designs. May steal some of those for my Otana build ;)

Keep up the good work.

And ignore the turd - he's got issues. As someone who enjoyed the Andor series - you nailed it. :)

Edited by Kage Goomba

Thank you to the person who reported this member's comments. They're now in isolation and can't reply. In future please report people like that and let us Mods take care of it, rather than carry on a discussion which takes away from the point of the topic.

Carry on with constructive discussion of the MOC :thumbup:

On 9/4/2023 at 2:56 AM, KotZ said:

especially when I have lights running through

Pro tip :wink: Have you planned in where/how the lights run through? It is an extensive nightmare to light a MOC after the fact, hence why I am not one for a lot of lights. I did spot a potential access panel so maybe I am sharing a useless tip!

Can't comment on source material, but Sister and Bro in law like it when they saw it so bravo!

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Pro tip :wink: Have you planned in where/how the lights run through? It is an extensive nightmare to light a MOC after the fact, hence why I am not one for a lot of lights. I did spot a potential access panel so maybe I am sharing a useless tip!

Can't comment on source material, but Sister and Bro in law like it when they saw it so bravo!

Haha yup! There's an access panel for the lights and battery box with holes to snake the wires through. The transparent side panels have enough room for the string lights to go through. I'm planning on using the same lights that we used in the Brickworld collab Party Barge of the Dead this year.

3 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Very nice dio of the prison-facility from the Andor Serie...

Thanks!

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

Haha yup! There's an access panel for the lights and battery box with holes to snake the wires through. The transparent side panels have enough room for the string lights to go through. I'm planning on using the same lights that we used in the Brickworld collab Party Barge of the Dead this year.

Thanks!

I have some experience in running LED's - feel free to poke me - I tend to use lightmybricks.com components tho. Already showed you my TIE/d with said LED's.