Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Which pieces would you like to see in future pirate sets?

Maybe a new kind of oar, more detailed than the last one (not that you can get too detailed, but you sure can add a few ridges in there.)

I don't know if that has been mentioned, but I'm sure many of us would like to see new, bigger hull sections. About the size of the 4+ Pirate ship but more slender and better looking, preferably in brown (but white would also be cool!).

Oh, and no flick fire missles!

OH GOD!!! Dont give them any ideas!!! :pir-sick:

But now that you mention it...i fear they will include them if they make a Pirate Line in '09 :pir_wacko: for the kiddies...... :pir-hmpf_bad:

As in previous post i mentioned that i can make pieces, i would like this community's input as to what to make, i might consider going into buisness ish maybey in maybe a year.

heres what i would like to make

-new cannon 6pownder, 12 pounder, 24 pounder, 36-40 pounder (fort gun), and 2 sizes of moartars for bomb ketches

-these would be more realsitic, with new carriages

-swivel gun

-new pistols and rifles (with bayonetes)

-varios belt clips shoulde clips and harnesses to hold stuff

-chainshot, solid shot, grape shot, and powder bags for all connon calibres

-a couple of new hats

-possibly (maybe not) a new hull piece for exbec's

maybe new style window pieces for cabins (more ornate slantted back/out)

What are your opinions/ ideas? i will add more as i think of them

Those sound excellent! :pir-cry_happy:

A few ideas I had when I first heard about your customs were:

Sabers

More realistic cutlasses

Rapiers

Avant Gardes

Blunderbusses

Well, that's my input, do with it what you will.

How about.... A Flintlock pistol with 3 Barrels? Oooh Just struck a nice idea for a tile! Carve lines in a tile to make it look like wood! Well, If you could.... A wooden arm? maybe a skull head? in the shape of a skull and everything with the eyes inside the plastic etc. But where you can still attach to skeleton body. That's all I can think of :/ hope you like my ideas :)

EDIT Would like to see pictures of what you make :-)

Edited by Davy_Blocks

Different types of weapons (swords, guns, cannons), hats, a globe, new hull for smaller ships (slightly larger than the cutter).

That sounds great! Maybe you can make some candles or lanterns which can be hold in a minifig's hands as well.

Perhaps some "goodies" are also a neat idea: I mean baskets, cotton and wine bottles. :pir-classic:

I want to see the pics about what you're making as well.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

That sounds great! Maybe you can make some candles or lanterns which can be hold in a minifig's hands as well.

Perhaps some "goodies" are also a neat idea: I mean baskets, cotton and wine bottles. :pir-classic:

I want to see the pics about what you're making as well.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

i like the candles and the baskets and basic items, i think they will sell well. I agree with the others i was intending to make a doubled barreled pistol, for my scarlet pimpernel figure. I was also planning on making high colars, and cravat's for an aristocrat styled person. someone mentioned atificial limbs, thats another good idea. Basically the obhects i want to make are simple enough to be cast in a two piece mold or a three piece no more. How i create stuff is i use a free software called blender to make a 3d model of the item, then along with dementions i send the file to get rapid prototyped with a 3d printer, from this i create my molds and start casting. I hope to hear more ideas as well! when i finish my 3d creations i will post some picture of them rendered. if you want i can post a link to blender so you can try your hand at 3d modeling.

i like the candles and the baskets and basic items, i think they will sell well. I agree with the others i was intending to make a doubled barreled pistol, for my scarlet pimpernel figure. I was also planning on making high colars, and cravat's for an aristocrat styled person. someone mentioned atificial limbs, thats another good idea. Basically the obhects i want to make are simple enough to be cast in a two piece mold or a three piece no more. How i create stuff is i use a free software called blender to make a 3d model of the item, then along with dementions i send the file to get rapid prototyped with a 3d printer, from this i create my molds and start casting. I hope to hear more ideas as well! when i finish my 3d creations i will post some picture of them rendered. if you want i can post a link to blender so you can try your hand at 3d modeling.

Will you be selling these pieces?

I'd keep track of what brickarms is making.

I know they plan on creating some more piratey items.

It would probably benefit the both of you if you each made different items. :thumbup:

I like the smaller cannon idea.

I'd like to see smaller buckets and barrels. :classic:

I hope to be selling these pices within a year or two, yes that is a fairly long time, but i just cant open up shop anytime before then. Like i mentioned before if you get me a blender file once im in buisness i can make you that piece. I noticed davy blocks posted the link to blends website, and it free and fairly easy to use once you get used to it (thats redundant). I just saw the idea for a globe, thats an awesome idea, but a bit harder because it must be multi colored so if that piece went into production you might have to paint it or pay more, because multi color castinng is harder. Also i want to make a volley gun and pepper box, along with better grapling hooks and belaying pins, and possibly a new mast series (completly customizeable by the purchaser, however possibly more costly)

Like i said it will take me about a year or two to set up shop, but when and if i finnaly open, im afraid i will be completly flooded. However if possible, i would like to offer instead of a cash system, the option to trade pieces for my wares (im really low on pieces, really low) would you think this would go over well?

Well, My want is pretty simple; A Bayonet. I think it would make the world a difference. :)

Like i said it will take me about a year or two to set up shop, but when and if i finnaly open, im afraid i will be completly flooded. However if possible, i would like to offer instead of a cash system, the option to trade pieces for my wares (im really low on pieces, really low) would you think this would go over well?

Do you mean kind of like a bartering system? Like you'll sell me a globe if i give you a piece you want from me? That's an interesting idea. I hope to see your shop in the coming years. :pir-classic:

Do you mean kind of like a bartering system? Like you'll sell me a globe if i give you a piece you want from me? That's an interesting idea. I hope to see your shop in the coming years. :pir-classic:

Exacatly how it would work, i think it would help both sides, i would just use brinklink as a sort of price evaluator, and make trades. (maybe then i could build my fleet)

heres a volly gun which i want to make (appeared in sharpes army)

post-4027-1229288762.jpg

Those are some neat ideas for items, CPT. Jr! Clearly, there has been a painful lack of custom accessories for the Pirate theme, and with the rebirth of the TLG Pirate line, there's clearly a market for these types of items.

I'd keep track of what brickarms is making.

I know they plan on creating some more piratey items.

Indeed Will does! Already showcased and sailing quickly toward being added to the BrickArms website (and being discussed here) are the BrickArms Rapier and Bayonet (clippable for your convenience!):

BrickArms_Rapier_01.jpg

BrickArms_Bayonet_02.jpg

Those are the first round of Pirate items, and should they prove to be popular, Will has many ideas for future Pirate-themed custom accessories, including several of the items discussed above.

It would probably benefit the both of you if you each made different items.

While the concept of a lack of "cross-over" between custom accessory vendors has been mentioned before, Will selects items to produce he know he will enjoy designing within his own particular design aesthetic (he's a loves new challenges!) and thinks the community will want to add to their collections. Will and everyone at BrickArms wishes to see the custom accessory community continue to prosper and grow, but ultimately, Will plans to continue to explore new and exciting direction for BrickArms and is happy to let the community decide which custom accessories, regardless of vendor, best suit their work.

badger