12 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Personally, I think someone made the description up and is trolling us. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened... (Licensed forum is littered with threads and comments by people with "inside info" who in reality just want to stir the muck and cause trouble!)

One of the reasons why I asked for the source, but fateful is quite reliable, isn´t he? Of course we don´t know if he got it from the same source than all the other info´s he leaked but I guess he wouldn´t post them if they wouldn´t be reliable.

The inexplicable misspelling of "phriends" (not a space pun or anything else that would provide reasoning for that spelling) makes this sound kinda phony to me. But I guess I could be wrong about that.

Certainly I'm a fan of rainbow colors so if that part of the rumor is true it certainly wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me. But other parts of this description are phrased too confusingly for me to even visualize. For example, are the assorted minifig head pieces visible as part of the frame, or stored in a compartment of some sort? Does "frame" indicate that the set is designed for wall-mounting, or is it more of a display stand type situation? is the trail supporting the spaceship, or the other way around?

If this is true, the most useful conclusion we can draw from it is not to expect this to be a "throwback" type set as anticipated.

Agree the description seems odd and in no way reflects a "classic" or throwback spaceship.  Also agree this might be a variant of the "everyone is awesome" theme.  I can't see this being a set for kids.  Who would want "49 minifig heads" to swap into two space minifigures included in the set?  Maybe the "frame" being mentioned is a display frame to store the heads? 

Posted (edited)

Also, 49 headpieces and associated headgear would be ridiculous as no lego set has EVER had than many heads, especially without enough torsos and pants. It must be fake.

Edited by Murdoch17

Posted (edited)

21337: Table Football had 44 heads .

If it has 2 main figures, to swap something "personal" , I can see a set having many heads included.

2024 also added 2 more skin tones with Sienna and Umber, bringing the current in use from 6 to 8.

Heads were also stored in a brick built compartment under the stand , so if this is more like a Frame / Art piece, it could have something similar.

21337_alt9.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

The leaked description of 10191 from fateful_lego says:

10391 [Moments Space] 966 pcs. $109.99 September 20

The set includes a black spaceship with a long trail for it to hang on to and keep it from falling off. The ship is almost all black, with a few gray parts and a gold cockpit in the front. On its wings are two symbols that represent exactly this spaceship and something that looks like a rainbow. The writing on the ship is "Atlantis Apts". THe spaceship's trail (which is bigger than the ship itself) consists mostly of green, orange, blue, and pink colors, with white parts at the end. The set also includes a frame with 49 headpieces with different skin colors and many new face prints. The frame says "My Phriends" and has two black and gold space helmets. The set includes 2 minifigures (with torso and leg prints): male and female. They wear gray suits and the space helmets seem to be for them.

My thoughts:

10391 has so far been rumored to be an unlicensed Icons set, but it's hard to tell from Icons set numbers which are licensed and which aren't, and in any case most Icons sets are licensed. This sounds to me like a tie-in set to the Pharrell Williams film "Piece by Piece" that has a theatrical release date of October 11, 2024.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, icm said:

This sounds to me like a tie-in set to the Pharrell Williams film "Piece by Piece" that has a theatrical release date of October 11, 2024.

I think you may be right; Pharrell Williams is apparently a big fan of space, and he was previously working on a musical biopic about his childhood (possibly similar to his LEGO film?) called “Atlantis”. This would also explain the “Phriends” spelling. 

Pharrell Williams grew up in an apartment complex in Virginia Beach called “Atlantis Apartments” - That settles it! 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Ah, great insight!  That explains a lot about this set that otherwise seemed very odd trying to fit it into my picture of "typical" space sets.

28 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I think you may be right; Pharrell Williams is apparently a big fan of space, and he was previously working on a musical biopic about his childhood (possibly similar to his LEGO film?) called “Atlantis”. This would also explain the “Phriends” spelling. 

Pharrell Williams grew up in an apartment complex in Virginia Beach called “Atlantis Apartments” - That settles it! 

I was afraid of something like this. Well just saved money in the end. But also a good choice IMO to make a set that is related but not really that much bound to the film as it might appeal some people that don´t care about Pharrell Williams or the Movie at all - depending on how good it turns out to be ofc.

Posted (edited)

Oh, that explains the "Ph" then! Seems like a nifty concept for a tie-in set, especially since it's more imaginative/playful/whimsical than a literal portrayal of some scene from his life/career might be.

But of course, how interesting/desirable it is as a set (especially to folks who aren't already Pharell Williams fans) remains to be seen, and will depend on factors like what sort of parts/techniques it uses, how appealing it looks on display, whether it is playable when removed from the frame, etc.

Edited by Aanchir

10 hours ago, icm said:

The leaked description of 10191 from fateful_lego says:

10391 [Moments Space] 966 pcs. $109.99 September 20

The set includes a black spaceship with a long trail for it to hang on to and keep it from falling off. The ship is almost all black, with a few gray parts and a gold cockpit in the front. On its wings are two symbols that represent exactly this spaceship and something that looks like a rainbow. The writing on the ship is "Atlantis Apts". THe spaceship's trail (which is bigger than the ship itself) consists mostly of green, orange, blue, and pink colors, with white parts at the end. The set also includes a frame with 49 headpieces with different skin colors and many new face prints. The frame says "My Phriends" and has two black and gold space helmets. The set includes 2 minifigures (with torso and leg prints): male and female. They wear gray suits and the space helmets seem to be for them.

My thoughts:

10391 has so far been rumored to be an unlicensed Icons set, but it's hard to tell from Icons set numbers which are licensed and which aren't, and in any case most Icons sets are licensed. This sounds to me like a tie-in set to the Pharrell Williams film "Piece by Piece" that has a theatrical release date of October 11, 2024.

It sounds like the Piece by Piece movie has a Lego  connection.

Iam going to say this space ship set is based on this movie.

I guess it's settled, and so apart from the CMF series, the only "Space" releases this year are the umpteen from themes that are not really Space... (ie City, Friends, Technic etc)

Seems like we're being trolled by TLG. :snicker:

Posted (edited)

Not hating on LEGO for doing a Pharrell movie themed set, only disappointed like most others, that there is currently no indication of a Classic Space follow up to the 10497 Galaxy Explorer and Blacktron GWP as of now, for 2024.

Edited by Spacechampions17

Agree.  I'm starting to think there is just much less community interest in "classic space" than some of the other classic themes such as Castle and Trains.  I say this after looking at the Bricklink designer program finalists.  There have been space themed submissions, but none have made it to finalist after four rounds.  In comparison, each round of finalists has had at least one Castle and averaged one Train themed set.  Maybe this is bad logic, but it just seems the Castle and Train AFOL communities are either much larger or more active, at least on the Bricklink Designer program.

8 hours ago, Artanis I said:

I guess it's settled, and so apart from the CMF series, the only "Space" releases this year are the umpteen from themes that are not really Space... (ie City, Friends, Technic etc)

Seems like we're being trolled by TLG. :snicker:

*Lego makes a massive Space promotion across most major themes*
Space fans: "Are we being trolled?"

Spoiler alert: you're not, you're just so hard to satisfy that nothing you haven't seen before makes the cut anymore. If the City Space sets were called Mars Mission II people would probably still be trying to find a way to dismiss it as not a "real" space theme.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:28 AM, Lyichir said:

*Lego makes a massive Space promotion across most major themes*
Space fans: "Are we being trolled?"

Spoiler alert: you're not, you're just so hard to satisfy that nothing you haven't seen before makes the cut anymore. If the City Space sets were called Mars Mission II people would probably still be trying to find a way to dismiss it as not a "real" space theme.

On the other hand, I've been told that I should be happy as a Space fan to accept Ninjago helicopters since they're basically all "sci fi zoomies".

Wondering why interstellar space ships sets with aliens are released under City is valid.

Telling space fans they're impossible to please is a played out trope. It's basically a gaslighting campaign at this point.

On 3/19/2024 at 5:45 PM, Space78 said:

Agree.  I'm starting to think there is just much less community interest in "classic space" than some of the other classic themes such as Castle and Trains.  I say this after looking at the Bricklink designer program finalists.  There have been space themed submissions, but none have made it to finalist after four rounds.  In comparison, each round of finalists has had at least one Castle and averaged one Train themed set.  Maybe this is bad logic, but it just seems the Castle and Train AFOL communities are either much larger or more active, at least on the Bricklink Designer program.

Unlike "Classic Space" Trains and Castle are not Lego-themes per se.
Otherwise I would say the City -and weirdly the Friend- sets of this years should count with the generic Sci-Fi /Space theme Lego had in the past, that now is known as "Classic Space".

10 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Unlike "Classic Space" Trains and Castle are not Lego-themes per se.
Otherwise I would say the City -and weirdly the Friend- sets of this years should count with the generic Sci-Fi /Space theme Lego had in the past, that now is known as "Classic Space".

Huh?  Trains pre-date all of the classic themes - going back to the 1960's.  I suppose you could argue there was not an "official" theme named Trains, but they really never fit under another theme, so that makes them at least a "category" in my book.  And Castle was one of the original themes in 1978, so not sure what you mean by Castle not being a "Lego-theme"?

36 minutes ago, danth said:

On the other hand, I've been told that I should be happy as a Space fan to accept Ninjago helicopters since they're basically all "sci fi zoomies".

Yeah, I guess in the past I've been a bit exaggerated in my points about "sci fi zoomies."

Wishing the City Space 2024 sets didn't have the City logo on them is valid, since goodness knows they aren't City in any sense of modeling something in the real world.

1 minute ago, Space78 said:

Huh?  Trains pre-date all of the classic themes - going back to the 1960's.  I suppose you could argue there was not an "official" theme named Trains, but they really never fit under another theme, so that makes them at least a "category" in my book.  And Castle was one of the original themes in 1978, so not sure what you mean by Castle not being a "Lego-theme"?

Simple, a Lego train is a train made from bricks. This will of course also attract all sorts of trains fans. The same is true for castles.

On the other hand, for generic Sci-Fi/Space to become Classic Space as most fans of Classic Space want, you need special designs like trans yellow windscreens.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Simple, a Lego train is a train made from bricks. This will of course also attract all sorts of trains fans. The same is true for castles.

On the other hand, for generic Sci-Fi/Space to become Classic Space as most fans of Classic Space want, you need special designs like trans yellow windscreens.

As a train fan, I can tell you the train community - especially Lego trains - is even more fractured than space: Australian trains look nothing like European Continental trains, which are different from UK trains, which are themselves about as far from US trains as possible. What scale do we want? 8 wide, 6, or 7? Steam? Diesel? Electric? something else? What about what era? Early? late 1800's / early 1900's? WWI-era? Inter-war? WWII? post-war transition era? mid-diesel ('70's - '90's)? modern? futuristic / fanciful? This doesn't even touch on what wheel arrangement, AC or DC power, or loco manufacturer! (and what paint scheme should it have?) If you get any of this wrong - it becomes an expensive parts pack or won't even sell. (see: UCS Hogwarts Express)

All these factors play into something being successful (Emerald Night) or not. (Horizon Express) To say it being a train and would sell automatically is laughable to the extreme.

Edited by Murdoch17

42 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

These statements make it obvious you have basically zero knowledge of Lego Train or Castle themes. 

15 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

As a train fan, I can tell you the train community - especially Lego trains - is even more fractured than space: Australian trains look nothing like European Continental trains, which are different from UK trains, which are themselves about as far from US trains as possible. What scale do we want? 8 wide, 6, or 7? Steam? Diesel? Electric? something else? What about what era? Early? late 1800's / early 1900's? WWI-era? Inter-war? WWII? post-war transition era? mid-diesel ('70's - '90's)? modern? futuristic / fanciful? This doesn't even touch on what wheel arrangement, AC or DC power, or loco manufacturer! (and what paint scheme should it have?) If you get any of this wrong - it becomes an expensive parts pack or won't even sell. (see: UCS Hogwarts Express)

All these factors play into something being successful (Emerald Night) or not. (Horizon Express) To say it being a train and would sell automatically is laughable to the extreme.

Agree

3 minutes ago, Space78 said:

zero knowledge

22 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

laughable to the extreme

And time again to pipe it down, isn't it?

I mean, your >arguments< are telling the story. In my opinion, there is no reason at all, to water it down using - well - phrases.

Best,
Thorsten

3 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, it's not that hard to make something feel like Space. You just need "colored" windscreens, like trans purple for example (but not trans light blue which is city, or black/brown), some sort of minifig with a helmet and airtank/backpack, a space setting that isn't obviously the Solar system, and spaceships/bases/walkers etc.

These are things that all Space sets had from 1978 to 1998. Nobody should act surprised that the essential elements of Space sets for the first 20 years of Space are what makes a set feel like a Space set. To act like that's some kind of impossibly high bar is just, well, weird. I'm not saying you're doing that, but plenty of people do.

18 hours ago, danth said:

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, it's not that hard to make something feel like Space. You just need "colored" windscreens, like trans purple for example (but not trans light blue which is city, or black/brown), some sort of minifig with a helmet and airtank/backpack, a space setting that isn't obviously the Solar system, and spaceships/bases/walkers etc.

When it came out, the original Aquazone felt like space to me.  I think Lego was more vague on lore back then, so there's nothing actually tying it to Earth, unlike Atlantis.  But I do have a pretty narrow window of Lego Space as a kid, 1993-1995, after that I was all in on Technic, I probably still glanced through the catalogs but I was saving my money.  So they'd have to get pretty specific to hit my nostalgia (Space Police 2, Ice Planet 2002, the neon yellow Blacktron), hasn't happened yet.