Could 42177 be another NASA set? Something like a launch site sounds cool, but seems too much play focused for the age bracket. Or supersized ISS?

Edited by Danke

4 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Wonder if the EC230 is gonna be pneumatic like the EW160E. Or is it gonna use the black LAs from the CAT?

I’m totally guessing here, but I think the excavator will be pneumatic, and the truck might use a single large LA.

25 minutes ago, Danke said:

Could 42177 be another NASA set? Something like a launch site sounds cool, but seems too much play focused for the age bracket. Or supersized ISS?

That, or maybe 42183 which is missing. Personally I'd like to have a modern version of 8480

On 1/20/2024 at 12:11 PM, Maaboo the Witch said:

Anyway, I wonder what bucket is gonna be used, based on the scale.

I think it will be a new bucket, as the one from the 42121 is way too small for a 1000 piece model.

The EC230 is a mid-range excavator, so I'm definitely thinking it'll be at the same scale as the EW160E, seeing as it's more or less the same size. Bucket sizes vary, so it's anyone's guess right now as to what the bucket part is gonna be.

On 1/21/2024 at 5:53 PM, Maaboo the Witch said:

The EC230 is a mid-range excavator, so I'm definitely thinking it'll be at the same scale as the EW160E, seeing as it's more or less the same size. Bucket sizes vary, so it's anyone's guess right now as to what the bucket part is gonna be.

If that happens, then FMX will be Mack scale

Edited by 1gor

On 1/21/2024 at 4:22 PM, Jockos said:

That, or maybe 42183 which is missing. Personally I'd like to have a modern version of 8480

I would as well, but i doubt they’ll make another big standalone shuttle when the icons one is still on shelves. I think there is a good chance it is ISS though, but the end result would be absolutely massive. Roughly 3 times the pieces so about 2.5x larger than the ideas one, surplus can go to a small cargo rocket build.

Edited by Danke

What functions would a Technic ISS have that would be impractical to do in a System-type (City/Icons/Friends/other) set?

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

What functions would a Technic ISS have that would be impractical to do in a System-type (City/Icons/Friends/other) set?

Yeah, not sure what a Technic ISS could actually do, unless it had the nifty Canadarm V2 that can move itself to various different docking points around the station, but that would be huge!

Maybe it will not be a Technic ISS but a Lunar (aka Lunar Gateway) or a Mars Space Station judging by the design freedom the designers had with the vehicles.

3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Honestly not much, in fact the only benefit i can imagine is being able to up the scale using much sturdier technic. It’s something fairly boring for technic but not unusual given the dozen or so car models released every year.

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

Maybe it will not be a Technic ISS but a Lunar (aka Lunar Gateway) or a Mars Space Station judging by the design freedom the designers had with the vehicles.

I don’t think it is given the 18+ branding which is nowadays reserved for cars or flagships (with brand recognition). Technic has only done vehicles based on real things for 18+.

Honestly why i am interested in 42177 is that this price and age rating is indicative of a control+ flagship, but given it’s a supercar flagship this year it’d be unusual if that was the case.

The piece count if correct excludes all 1:10 scale cars out of the equation, so i think it might be a ~300€ non-RC non-supercar. It could also be an overpriced Tatra-like 6x6 trail truck, but considering the potential price of over 400€ after they struggled to get rid of the rest of their zetros stock in the last half year, i have doubts.

A NASA branded set is an easy guess, it’s space year after all, why not go all out with a branded space flagship.

Edited by Danke

On 1/19/2024 at 10:11 PM, dhc6twinotter said:

That would be amazing.  I’d love to see the truck at the same scale as the Mack Anthem too, but not sure that’s possible with 1100 pieces.  I think so, especially with it just being a cab-over truck with no sleeper.

It's totally possible. @technicprojects ' MAN TGX dump truck (42098 alternate) has 1032 parts.

My bet is that it will be in 1:21 scale, similar to 42078 and 42098, which raises the hopes of another great truck set, especially for alternates.

In view of the total parts count, I think the FMX truck will be a dump truck, rather than a tractor unit with additional low loader trailer for the excavator.

Small news:

42182 (lunar rover) is 18+.

42174 is 18+. At ~930 pieces is also the smallest 18+ technic set, likely not pneumatic (could be 42175). No clue what it could be at this price range, maybe a space set too? Not just 42182 but also 42174 and 42177 being 18+ space sets sounds a bit optimistic. 

Ich kann nichts verstehen, was er da sagt.
Edited by Lego Tom

Hmm... it's the typical bashing from Thomas. All what Lego does is bad... all decisions are bad ... all other brick companies are way better.

This is why Lego bashing becomes a very popular niche in social media. This guy is not interested in the products or in the Lego company, only goal is to get views on the channel. People are watching this doing it for amusement and entertainment, not for serious information. I know so many people who are watching this videos, but no one of them is familar with Lego 

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Hmm... it's the typical bashing from Thomas. All what Lego does is bad... all decisions are bad ... all other brick companies are way better.

That is why I don't pay attention on someone full of himself. Last few years (since powerfinctions got replaced) I didn't here anything positive from him about Lego. I accept that I like PF as motorisation more because motors are smaller (new ones are to big for my models) and I like to live my "smart" devices alone as much as possible; but having integrate receiver in battery box is something great IMHO and new reduction hubs are something that my models look like disabled without them; and Lego started all this (I allow me to say) toy revolution. To me it looks like other brick companies are reading our proposal for parts and making them before Lego and those companies could have people like him on payroll to spread such propaganda...

To me he could only steer mo to remain Lego purist. Now imagine that yellow 28 tooth gears from Deere harvester run more smooth (almost as if they have straight tooth like 40 tooth gear) than gray ones from Liebherr 9800, than it would be really good set for parts. We criticize that set and look how nany alternatives were made; so many that they deserve to be integrate in one topic.

@Jim if you find my post inapropriate feel free to delete it.

Edited by 1gor

27 minutes ago, 1gor said:

@Jim if you find my post inapropriate feel free to delete it.

There is nothing wrong with your post.

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

There is nothing wrong with your post.

I need to get second opinion because in this days it is even wrong when you pee standing... :laugh:

You don't know who you have right to criticize and who don't.

Kind regards

Mercedes F1 pullback found in Belgium:

423131858_24696559153292677_1383542810949094858_n

Edited by Jockos

2 hours ago, Jockos said:

Mercedes F1 pullback found in Belgium:

423131858_24696559153292677_1383542810949094858_n

Wonder if it’s in scale of 42166 or 42169

3 minutes ago, Gzynek2323 said:

Wonder if it’s in scale of 42166 or 42169

That's a good question. I think it's (closer) in scale to 42169, though the McLaren is beefier.