Sign in to follow this  
Pvdb

[MOC] Tucker Sno-Cat - Trail Boss

I have always been interested in the Tucker Sno-Cat range of vehicles with their articulating 4 track system (read more at Sno-Cat).  This model is based on the 2000 series Sno-Cat, and includes the snow tiller found on the more recent Trail Boss models.  This is a significant iteration of a previous MOC that I created a number of years ago, making use of all of the new orange parts that have been gradually released by Lego over the years.  

This model utilises Buwizz3 (it could be adapted to run with Buwizz2) to drive a number of functions:

• 4 track drive
  • all track steering (including steering wheel in cab)
  • raise / lower front snow plough
  • raise / lower rear tiller
  • PTO to the rear tiller when model is driven to spin the snow smasher (not the technical name for this part)

The model also includes a suspension system and articulating tracks, opening doors, additional controls on the Snow Plough to enable forward/back and horizontal tilt of the blade.  Both the Plough and Tiller can be removed to allow for new attachments to be connected to the Sno-Cat.

I have used system bricks a bit more extensively that I have ever done before in my technic models to capture the details, both external and inside the cab.

A few pictures below and some more at https://bricksafe.com/pages/PvdB/mocs/tucker-sno-cat

Also on https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-151766/paulvandebulk/tucker-sno-cat/#details

A short and very (very) quickly put together clip https://vimeo.com/836967463

800x417.JPG

800x517.JPG

800x577.jpg

800x533.JPG

Edited by Pvdb
Added link to video clip

The master does it again. I remember you showing me your previous one a few years ago and saying to you you couldn’t possibly improve on it but you’ve proved me wrong. Again! Think I’m best keeping quiet in future, it’ll be less embarrassing. Great work Paul.

Paul, I´m still trying to recover from my shock, can´t believe this is not a car *huh*... Tremendous job anyway, have fun :wink::thumbup:!

We will frontpage this tomorrow, as we have already had 2 frontpaged Technic models in the last 20h :thumbup:
Good work, guys!

Simply amazing, these type snow machines seem to be relatively popular builds to replicate and I enjoy checking all of different approaches people use. This one however is superb and quite possibly the best yet, if I were to change anything it might be to smooth out the front blade a little, regardless great work man, I can tell you put a lot of thought and planning into the whole build.

I would like to see the underside though, always my favorite.

38 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

I would like to see the underside though, always my favorite.

Cheers All.  A couple of screen grabs from LDraw added to the bricksafe above, several showing the underside.

800x394.jpg

Fantastic project! Love it :) And these shapes - front blade, rear attachement look superb! I wish I could build like this, but I am trying to and I hope I will in the future not so far away :)

Great model. I encourage everyone to view the little video. The stills look great, but the functioning of all the functions as also looks incredibly strong and smooth. 

Wow great build, the video is good too, but the music was a bit depressing.......it looks like a happy machine, but I am left cold and alone...........