Sign in to follow this  
Ransom Fern

[MOC] 76210 Hulkbuster Alternate Build

No way, it is possible to make a much better version of the Hulkbuster from that set. :roflmao::cannon:

Truly, ye have managed to create a historic MOC! Yer models are always a much better improvement over the original set and this one does not fail to deliver. And the fact that it fits the Iron Man too, genius! :wub:

An astounding job! :pir-thumb:

Wait, I'm sorry, does it fit the iron man fig? 

If so, this goes from one of your general excellent MOCs to just absolutely flexing on the lego designers. If this fits the iron man fig, any excuses for the official set looking as dumb as it does go out the window. 

This almost makes me want to buy the hulkbuster set, horrifyingly enough.

Hard to make any relevant comment on how your models is built, assembled, etc.
But from a pure visual perspective, with the comparison picture, the official model really looks like a clown. :grin:

Awesome work, man! You might have saved this sets existence, which means it will not go on sale for 50% off anymore like I was hoping, justifying more overpriced, ugly sculptures from The LEGO Greed.

Seeing this confuses me beyond belief. I've always assumed that Lego sets had to compromise on visual fidelity to ensure playability, sturdiness, an optimal building experience and also restrict the quantity of unique parts. But seeing your Hulkbuster and having built your Optimus Prime, which doesn't make big compromises in any area either, I'm starting to wonder... Is Lego no longer the reference? How come they came up with such a horrendous set when it was obviously possible to do better with what they had?

Anyway, incredible work, really. Now I'm thinking not only of buying it, but of making your Iron Man to go along with it.

What an absolutely incredible alt-build/improvement of this set. Fantastic work!

It makes ZERO sense for my brain that this alt build doesn't use any extra pieces. Like howwww?

Amazing build!

Edited by zinnn

I have to stop revisiting this page or I'm going to end up buying the set just to get your alt build. Unlike the actual set, this actually looks like it's worth around $550.

I am impressed to see this set improved so much.

I am blown away that you've achieved this as an alt build from the same parts. Super impressive.

I just built this, and wanted to say it was one of the best Lego building experiences I've had.

The techniques and technic math to get slight angles on the legs while still being sturdy are genius. I was expecting the angles on the armor plating to be super flimsy, but it's generally solid. I especially liked the shoulder build and how you got a slight angle on the chest armor.

Not to mention how all the articulation and play features are still in tact, and in some cases enhanced (Like being able to rotate the head). All while using less than the original pieces in the set (and keeping everything symmetrical and the part use still feeling purposeful, unlike other alt builds. Wizardry.)

Overall it looks fantastic, the proportions are on point and it is getting the most prominent spot on my shelf. (It's so huge it would still be the most prominent thing regardless of where I put it though lol). Incredible job ransom fern!

Edited by chezzymann