PosterOrient-sepia01.png.d5ef3d742b5266cbf7bc01278d98e782.png

Category B - From the office of...: On a maximum footprint of 32x32 create the home work environment of the classic Johnny Thunder characters. From Doctor Charles Lightning's study to the Library at Sinister Mansion, everyone has a space to prepare for future adventure. As with the main category, the figures have to be recognisable as the Adventurer characters as best as possible. The prize up for Grabs is 100 Euro to spend on LEGO sets on the LEGO online shop.

Rules Recap:

No clone brands but custom figure parts/prints are acceptable.

Digital entries are only accepted for the Ride to Adventure category.

This must be a new MOC or otherwise significantly different to previously posted builds- For example, a nice statue build already shared can form an element of the new MOC, likewise a desk/bookshelf design. As long as it is not the main or largest part of the contest entry, recycling is allowed within reason. 

If a vehicle is present as part of the larger categories, it cannot be entered into the Ride to Adventure category.

The Great Adventure and From the Office of builds do not have to be assembled onto a baseplate, but must demonstrably be within the stipulated footprint. A scale shot has to be included extra to the entry photos that shows the footprint (ruler, plates, outline. Anything that can be used to prove the MOC sits within the required footprint for the category).

Reasonable overhang is limited to incidental points no more than 4 studs over the boundary. A tree branch, flagpole or other small features.

Hight limit can be defined if it must, but for now it simply has to be a stable build that does not topple.

Entries are to be posted in their own thread with up to three photos to showcase the MOC, not inclusive of the scale photo if required. Further photos can be shared in the MOC thread, indicated to be extra to the chosen entry pictures. A link for your Category B build must be shared here in order to be considered for the contest. 

Entries posted until 0:00 on 18/08/2023 will be eligible to enter. 

Discussion of the rules can take place Here.

Entries may be frontpaged or shared on social media to promote the contest.

I'll just put this here for the momment

Edited by kritch

Can immortal beings go through a mid-death crisis...? And if they can, when on earth would it strike?

Well, let's dive into the fascinating tale of Pharaoh Hotep, a timeless ruler who found himself in a pyramid-sized pickle.
It all began in 2011, when LEGO released the Pharaoh's Quest series. Talk about an ancient punch in the gut! Hotep had been relegated to the shadows while his rival, Amset-Ra, stole the spotlight as the hero. Deep down, Hotep yearned for a mere cameo, a fleeting moment of fame, but alas, nobody gave a sphinx's whisker about him anymore.
This was rock bottom for our bewildered Pharaoh. He spiraled into depression, and even his ever-loyal mummies grew tired of his ceaseless whinging.
But hope shimmered like a desert mirage when his therapist dropped a quirky suggestion: "Find a hobby, mate!"

Now, Hotep was no ordinary ruler. Well hidden beneath that regal facade beat the heart of a true music enthusiast. So, imagine the astonishment of his entourage when he revealed his newfound passion for... rap music! 
Pharaoh Hotep underwent a transformative rebirth as "Po-eth" and decided to convert an unused funeral chamber into his personal recording studio. 
Here he is, adorned in golden chains and draped in royal swag, laying down his epic first single, "The Pharaoh's Rap."

And that, my friends, is how an ancient ruler resurrected his groove, proving that even an eternal being can unleash their inner hip-hop superstar. 

53012465112_7b9ff6fbe9_c.jpg

The Pharaoh’s Rap by Gregory Coquelz, on Flickr

53013213659_c17cd9a06d_c.jpg

Recording by Gregory Coquelz, on Flickr

53013526048_789bdb8c2f_c.jpg

Mummy sound engineer by Gregory Coquelz, on Flickr

Here's the link to the MOC thread:

Edited by Yatkuu
Added the MOC thread link

From the Office of Dr. Charles "Lightning" Kilroy, Researcher at the Museum of History and Adventurer:

Dear Johnny,

It hasn't been long since our last adventure together, but I have come across a map during my latest research that I believe could lead to an extraordinary discovery! I don't want to say much more here in case this message gets intercepted by that fiendish Sam Sinister. I think we might have another adventure on our hands, old friend, so pack your things and meet me at the museum! And please hurry - I have seen Sinister's goon Slyboots lurking outside of the museum.

Your friend,

Dr. Kilroy

PS: I have been hearing eerie noises coming from Pharaoh Hotep's sarcophagus down in the exhibit. Probably just my imagination though...

53077961553_d78334aaf0_z.jpg

53077462941_4f8f8175e1_z.jpg

53077463011_0644c9ec83_z.jpg

You can see more pictures and details in this thread.

"Some adventures stick. Two decades after our first trip to the Himalayas, and I am still enamoured by these mountains. I believe there is more in these peaks than a Yeti. This house will serve as a base camp while I study the mysteries of this place."

- journal of Pippin Reed

53095570180_e4675a0963_z.jpg

Pippin Reed never left the East. An old pagoda stood abandoned. Now, it triples as a house, a base camp, and a museum of sorts. Overflowing with treasure, tools, and memories, it is the perfect spot for a journalist unable to leave the adventure behind.

Harry Cane's Hangar

On the desert outskirts of the city where Johnny Thunder lives, there is an old airstrip where Johnny's old friend Harry Cane lives. In his little rundown hangar, the ace pilot maintains his biplane and prepares for the gang's next adventure.

53110562373_866d5a2f81_z.jpg

53110562298_cffc6ff62c_z.jpg

53109485332_f2ce020b05_z.jpg

More pictures in the is thead:

Dr. Kilroy's Library, where old adventures are recorded and new adventures begin:

53114375509_af67f3cd0f_z.jpg

More photos are in this thread:

On 8/16/2023 at 3:54 AM, bmohnsen said:

Here is my submission for Category B

I am going to be kind: is there a thread link for this so I can include it in the voting?

@bmohnsen, today is the last chance, sorry. I have to get the voting started so we can allot prizes.