Oky

[MOC] Dr. Kilroy's Museum Office - 25 Years of Adventure Cat. B entry

From the Office of Dr. Charles "Lightning" Kilroy, Researcher at the Museum of History and Adventurer:

Dear Johnny,

It hasn't been long since our last adventure together, but I have come across a map during my latest research that I believe could lead to an extraordinary discovery! I don't want to say much more here in case this message gets intercepted by that fiendish Sam Sinister. I think we might have another adventure on our hands, old friend, so pack your things and meet me at the museum! And please hurry - I have seen Sinister's goon Slyboots lurking outside of the museum.

Your friend,

Dr. Kilroy

PS: I have been hearing eerie noises coming from Pharaoh Hotep's sarcophagus down in the exhibit. Probably just my imagination though...

53077462941_4f8f8175e1_z.jpg

This is the exterior of the museum where Dr. Kilroy works. Some say that the building resembles Dr. Kilroy with its black, white, and green color scheme and pith helmet-like dome. In front of the museum, the evil Slyboots is up to no good while a paperboy is selling a newspaper with Pippin Reed's latest article on her adventures with Johnny Thunder. I imagine this to be located in England, so I added a British mailbox in front.

Dr. Kilroy's office is above the Ancient Egypt exhibit at the Museum of History.

53077961553_d78334aaf0_z.jpg

Dr. Kilroy is currently hard at work studying an old treasure map he found. His desk is filled with a typewriter, a pencil holder, a lamp, and letters that have piled up while he was away on his last adventure. His signature pith helmet hangs on a hat rack behind him next to a safe with important documents. In the left corner of his office, he has a pile of adventuring gear which he usually doesn't bother to unpack because when your best friend is Johnny Thunder, the next adventure is always just around the corner! There is also a small stand with his brand new telephone device, a full suit of medieval armor, and a terrarium with his pet Cobra Cleapatra who Dr. Kilroy picked up during one of his excavations and who likes to roam the museum and sometimes stowaway in the doctor's backpack, much to Johnny's dismay. A framed picture of Dr. Kilroy and Johnny Thunder that Pippin Reed took hangs on the wall.

53076890382_401f0ec0c3_z.jpg

The right corner of the office is filled with books, a globe, a telescope, and various historical artifacts from past LEGO themes. There is even the papyrus that set the Adventurers off on their Egypt adventure.

53077463011_0644c9ec83_z.jpg

Down in the Ancient Egypt exhibit, Pharaoh Hotep stirs from his slumber to retrieve his Re-Gou ruby that is proudly displayed in the center of the hall..There is also an obelisk, a slab with hieroglyphics, and other treasures from the pharaoh's tomb.

53077465166_319bddec43_z.jpg

The other side of the exhibit features a large Anubis statue, a display with the Pharaoh's staffs, and more hieroglyphics.

53077872185_621c507a9e_z.jpg

I hope you like this entry. I built it in the same half modular style as the Diagon Alley shops.

Leave your thoughts in the comments below, and keep on adventuring! :sweet: