Classic_Spaceman

Icons Chevrolet Corvette 2023 Rumour

LEGO Icons Chevrolet Corvette C1 
1210 Pieces 
Releases August 1, 2023 

Source: Brickmerge.de 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

I totally lost interest in these sets, when they triplets here price for basic around 1300 pcs car.

Its not worthy anymore...

I want to be excited about this set, love the car, unfortunately after building the Camaro and continually rising prices, I am at best hopefully optimistic. Patiently awaiting pictures and other info, it is discouraging though, even though I have all the other cars of this theme/style and love them, the Camaro really disappointed me, unlike the Speed Champion sets which seem to improve with each new wave, new useful parts, interesting build techniques and reasonable pricing is what sells me.

7 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Could there be no stickers but only printed parts ?

Looking at areas like the license plate, seems it’ll be a combination of both sadly. 
main logo and the stripe are printed though, which are the main ones I guess.

So much for all the rumors that this was going to be Yellow. Personally I think red’s more iconic in this case, though I always like new colors to add variety, but in this case I think red was the right choice.

Oh man, seems a bit harsh but my first impression is, they took a classic, curvey, sexy hot rod and turned it into a flat-faced, block, with rounded corners. I do not think this set does anything for the real car and I am quite disappointed.

I can only hope after some time and closer examination, I will change my mind but after my disappointment with the Camaro, I have my doubts.

I do like the windscreen though. Do we have a price yet?

Edited by Johnny1360

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

I wonder, how would LEGO do those curves?

Examples would be welcome.

I think there is no way to recreate those curves much better. So imho the best option would have been to choose another vehicle.

What vehicle instead? Lot of vehicles has curves.

Unless taking some classic 80's and 90's volvos.Even those have some curves.

There are certain "curvy" vehicles with specific shapes that can be recreated with bricks quite well, e.g. the Porsche 911 or the Fiat 500. Other cars are a rather bad choice like the Aston Martin or the Chevrolet Corvette. It depends very much on the specific shape and the portfolio of curved elements and slopes which are available to the Lego designers.

This set looks very neat! I have Fiat 500 and Pickup Truck and they are best. Maybe I will get this set. 

I am quite curious if Lego would do emergency vehicles, such as a vineyard fire truck or a vine take police car. 

Looking at pictures of the ‘61, if I squint I can see it in lego form but it’s a difficult car to get right. I think @brickphisto is right to compare it to the Aston, another car that just didn’t look quite right in lego.

On 7/3/2023 at 9:38 PM, Shiva said:

I wonder, how would LEGO do those curves?

Examples would be welcome.

One example would be 10271, the Fiat 500, they managed to actually taper the front and back so the sides aren't just flat and also managed to capture the curvey shapes quite well, without just rounding off the corners. Although it isn't perfect they did manage to make it true to the real car's shape and it looks good without the stickers to boot.