On the image at 17 seconds I can see a lime part in the front of the cockpit under the black fender flare that looks like a flip-flop beam, and it looks like 5L, at least I don't see it being continued and it cannot be a 5x7 frame. Any tips on that one? In any case, that might hint for something coming in lime color, as this car would not need that special part in lime color.

Interesting drivetrain setup with the two types of differentials, and the front one has a sideways offset as well, so there might be something interesting going on there. Or it may be just because of the tight spring placement. Btw, I don't see springs in the rear either.

16 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

On the image at 17 seconds I can see a lime part in the front of the cockpit under the black fender flare that looks like a flip-flop beam, and it looks like 5L, at least I don't see it being continued and it cannot be a 5x7 frame. Any tips on that one? In any case, that might hint for something coming in lime color, as this car would not need that special part in lime color.

Probably flip flop 7L beam in lime

50 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Would be my bet, too.

On the same pic, there is a black bent connector on the front which looks like that without the pins:

55615.png

4 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Would be my bet, too.

On the same pic, there is a black bent connector on the front which looks like that without the pins:

55615.png

I'd say 7x11 frame.

It's good to see some new innovation with the front suspnsion and AWD. But I'm afraid there is no functioning suspension in the rear?

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I was thinking that too, but I can't see it being continued past the 5 wide point (assuming that it's placed in the middle) and it looks like it's curved down there. Though it's dark in there, so it's hard to see..

I bet on this.

250x250p.jpg?1658385399.807975

And like 5L double joint in ford GT, I heard 3x5 cross hole beam will come in future set.

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

I'd say 7x11 frame. 

I mean this part. Maybe 3x5 L cross beam?

Unbenannt.png

Official pics are all over Facebook.

The mudguards, lack of windscreen and that thick A-pillar ruin the whole look. And that giant see-through hole in the middle, probably to see the engine pistons move... I really don't get it why such cars are even chosen for LEGO Technic in the first place if they cannot be represented accurately enough. The last LeMans race car 42039 was really cool because it didn't have to represent a specific car model... and cost half of this too.
CqasLi9.jpg

Guess this submission doesn't stand a chance now, even though it looks better:
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f16d7d47-3ba9-432d-b6f5-8276b81cef0f

Just now, Seasider said:

Since when has a Technic model had a windscreen ?

Cars never had one, but similar to the Ducati, a flexible part could have been used to simulate the teardrop cockpit better.

2 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Cars never had one, but similar to the Ducati, a flexible part could have been used to simulate the teardrop cockpit better.

And then you’d have haters complaining about a piece of flexible plastic that’s easily scratched or is frosted instead of clear or where are the parts for the door windows too. And why don’t they exist on the “UCS” supercars. It’s a no win scenario.

Just accept if you want a windscreen and bodywork with zero holes you get a creator model or build one yourself using System bricks.

As to why TLG build cars in Technic because there’s a market for it. I’m sure there’s some customers that would buy a Technic model but wouldn’t buy a System model as Technic seems more “grown up”

47 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

I guess no car model ever stood a chance on Ideas. I believe Ideas are about different stuff than what lego comes up with on their own. Yet another supercar is not such a thing..

3 hours ago, Jundis said:

Hmm, that's an interesting one for sure! I'd love a 3x5 L flip-flop beam!

52 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

I really don't get it why such cars are even chosen for LEGO Technic in the first place if they cannot be represented accurately enough. The last LeMans race car 42039 was really cool because it didn't have to represent a specific car model... and cost half of this too.

Exactly my thinking, but hey... they sell ...

11 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Just accept if you want a windscreen and bodywork with zero holes you get a creator model or build one yourself using System bricks.

As to why TLG build cars in Technic because there’s a market for it. I’m sure there’s some customers that would buy a Technic model but wouldn’t buy a System model as Technic seems more “grown up”

The problem with the direction of current Technic designs is the half-hearted approach to the system - they're developing more and more specialized panels for the licensed models to have less gaps and look more realistic, but they refuse to add certain elements like the windscreen, or intentionally leave large gaps for a specific feature like the cutout for the engine on the F1 car or here at the rear.

There are workarounds for most cars, like adding the A-pillars with flex axles, but let's face it, this one just looks weird without a windshield. I think if LEGO wants to continue making these licensed cars (which it seems they'll do), they'll either have to choose models that translate well into Technic sets, or accept the additional cost of developing one-off custom parts for these models. And I haven't even mentioned the recurring problem of big gaps between the wheels and the wheel arches, especially on models like this that have almost no suspension travel at this scale.

And yes, I still realize that Technic should be about playability and functions for kids, but as TLG started to push the theme towards display pieces for adults, then they really should design products that meet the expectations of the audience.

3 minutes ago, kbalage said:

The problem with the direction of current Technic designs is the half-hearted approach to the system - they're developing more and more specialized panels for the licensed models to have less gaps and look more realistic, but they refuse to add certain elements like the windscreen, or intentionally leave large gaps for a specific feature like the cutout for the engine on the F1 car or here at the rear.

There are workarounds for most cars, like adding the A-pillars with flex axles, but let's face it, this one just looks weird without a windshield. I think if LEGO wants to continue making these licensed cars (which it seems they'll do), they'll either have to choose models that translate well into Technic sets, or accept the additional cost of developing one-off custom parts for these models. And I haven't even mentioned the recurring problem of big gaps between the wheels and the wheel arches, especially on models like this that have almost no suspension travel at this scale.

And yes, I still realize that Technic should be about playability and functions for kids, but as TLG started to push the theme towards display pieces for adults, then they really should design products that meet the expectations of the audience.

Thanks, that's exactly what bothers me too. The latest Classic Defender is a pretty good example of why "Model Team" is better suited for display while still keeping some core Technic structure and functions. TLG could just make several licensed vehicles in that line each year and keep Technic pure, affordable and function rich.

3 hours ago, Jundis said:

33 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Hmm, that's an interesting one for sure! I'd love a 3x5 L flip-flop beam!

I already heard 3x5 doublecross beam will come in future set. I don't know what set will be but I think this is that set.

36 minutes ago, Seasider said:

And then you’d have haters complaining about a piece of flexible plastic that’s easily scratched or is frosted instead of clear or where are the parts for the door windows too. And why don’t they exist on the “UCS” supercars. It’s a no win scenario.

Yea, or they could start including similar pieces in the 1:8 car series where applicable. I'm sure there simple ways of protecting the pieces while boxed up and when built, these cars are likely meant to be display models and will see limited playtime. I don't see the problem quite frankly. If there is a will, there is a way.

11 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

I guess no car model ever stood a chance on Ideas.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/caterham-seven-620r-21307

12 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Guess this submission doesn't stand a chance now, even though it looks better

Not sure if it looks better, but it is juts too big for brick built car and for ideas. Yes, something in creator scale, like that caterham, that would have a chance.

14 hours ago, R0Sch said:

The mudguards, lack of windscreen and that thick A-pillar ruin the whole look. And that giant see-through hole in the middle, probably to see the engine pistons move... I really don't get it why such cars are even chosen for LEGO Technic in the first place if they cannot be represented accurately enough. The last LeMans race car 42039 was really cool because it didn't have to represent a specific car model... and cost half of this too.
CqasLi9.jpg

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f16d7d47-3ba9-432d-b6f5-8276b81cef0f

Maybe it's just me, but when I looked at this pic (quoted intentionally) I thought it looked more than okay. Maybe I am easily satisfied, but for a Technic car, it sure looks like a proper rendition. Okay, the lack of windshield is weird, I admit. But other than that, I think it looks great.

The LEGO Ideas submission looks great, but it's not really fair to compare a Technic set with a "System set".