LEGO-Technic-42156-Peugeot-9X8-Hypercar-

LEGO-Technic-42156-Peugeot-9X8-Hypercar-

42156 Peugeot 9X8 Hypercar (18+) - 1775 pieces - 199.99$

Go nuts

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Hmm seeing this, it looks like black... which would be really strange considering the many black sets last year... it definetly be DBG:

0981152.webp

I only hope it's been just darkened for the upper side, and the set itself is dbg

33 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

If it's anything like my old Peugeot 308, it'll need constant repairs.

:laugh:, perhaps TLC should make workshop additional set for 9X8

That explains the recent reintroduction of the 4L bar that glows in the dark. I do wonder if it will have proper AWD though.

Thank God it's dbg😍 but there seems to be no Osprey parts

I think they nailed the look

Edited by Jockos

Indeed, second photo shows more details. The model seems to be 25 studs wide and uses the older style rims which have no inner offset. Unfortunately seems like the new 5L double CV axle will not be needed in this model unless it's actually 23 studs side. It's nice we get more pieces in neutral colors such as fenders and panels. Also notice the double rounded plane-nose type panel used for the roof on all 4 corners. Also 3x5 curved panel in same color used behind the cabin. And of course the 3x2 angled panel used in front. Lots of useful recolors.

Edited by Zerobricks

Facebook

Front box shot

Looks like thing on roof is to big. Other that looks good but I hope it has other function without just engine, suspension, steering.

Definitely looks dark grey with black and lime splitter and air box to me.

what do we think for functions? Just steering suspension and a fake engine ? No gearbox 

6 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Facebook

Front box shot

Looks like thing on roof is to big. Other that looks good but I hope it has other function without just engine, suspension, steering.

Can’t find the photo on Facebook but a few cropping up on Instagram via the usual #tag

8 minutes ago, Seasider said:

what do we think for functions? Just steering suspension and a fake engine ? No gearbox 

I don't expect a gearbox and at least wish it had 4 wheel drive. Who know? Maybe this set include new gearless hub comes with a compatible with new CV joint.

25 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Maybe this set include new gearless hub comes with a compatible with new CV joint.

Hmm I don't think so. Non-motorized sets can still use the older style CV-joints, as the Ford GT shows...

For me, this is maybe a nice parts pack for DGB parts. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh wow, all those DBG parts are very welcome.. Finally the 11x3x2 wing panel comes, I've been missing that one.

Looks pretty good. I'm happy it's dark bluish grey but it's also a bit underwhelming that there are still missing a few crucial parts not included in this set, for instance panel #1, #2, #13 and #14. 

I also hope the chassis is not as empty as the Porsche RSR and Ferrari 488. 

11 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Entire box is shown here

He said $160 in the video not 200!! 

Edited by gyenesvi

I have a feeling that under huge ammount of dark bluish panels 42039 set technic will emerge (only with V6 instead of V8)

54 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Hmm I don't think so. Non-motorized sets can still use the older style CV-joints, as the Ford GT shows...

For me, this is maybe a nice parts pack for DGB parts. Nothing more, nothing less.

Except that the Daytona did actually use the new CV type for the inner joint along with the super strong diff. A gear-less wheel hub with new CV joints would not only be stronger than normal, but allow higher steering angles, since the new type of CV can go all the way up to 40 degrees compared to 25 of the normal one. One can dream though...

Are you sure? 42039 had two geared manual functions (opening doors and back) which could be optionally motorized with PF. The recently trending licensed sets in the same size (RSR and Ferrari) didn't have that much, although maybe this year's Ford GT is setting a different trend with it's additional functionality.

I'm definitely getting some 42039 vibes with the styling though.

43 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Except that the Daytona did actually use the new CV type for the inner joint

I think they use that in case they need one with a 3L axle, as the old one only has 2L axle.

along with the super strong diff.

That I still don't understand. We are still waiting for the reveal of the set that actually warranted its development, because I guess it was not the Daytona.

A gear-less wheel hub with new CV joints would not only be stronger than normal, but allow higher steering angles, since the new type of CV can go all the way up to 40 degrees compared to 25 of the normal one. One can dream though...

I think we have little hope, because the new CV joint is too big for the normal hub to fit in, it would collide with the vertical pinholes. It would have to be made like the planetary, with integrated towballs, which would limit its usability. But would be great still..

20 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

I think they use that in case they need one with a 3L axle, as the old one only has 2L axle. 

That I still don't understand. We are still waiting for the reveal of the set that actually warranted its development, because I guess it was not the Daytona.

I think we have little hope, because the new CV joint is too big for the normal hub to fit in, it would collide with the vertical pinholes. It would have to be made like the planetary, with integrated towballs, which would limit its usability. But would be great still..

As far as I remember the Daytona's rear suspension arms are 5L long which means that they should have used a in universal joint with a combination of a normal CV joint to have them 5L long. But since the suspension angles are really low, haivng them 6L long in a 5L assembly doesn't matter much.

Yes, the diff is still a mystery to me too, maybe it was for a cencelled project? I heard rumors the planetary hubs had a simillar story, being designed for Defender originally and than repurposed for other models.

And yes, the new hub would have to be like the planetary hub, though the axle hole for steering could be a bit different. Having a crosshole is great to mount brake pads and such, but having a double one like the planetary ones can limit the suspension travel of the steering link.

If there only was a way to have an ungeared hub that accepts the new CV but in this size:

32495c01.png

It's not possible, new CV joint head is 8 mm compared to the 5 mm of the old one, no space for the bearing.

Back on topic regarding the set, I see the designers heard the "Rally Ferrari" criticism and gave this model really low suspension travel, especially the front looks like about half a stud.

I don't understand why they are using the normal wheels instead of Defender ones though, I know neither is a perfect fit, but I'd prefer the Defender ones because of their deeper mounting point. I think aesthetically the best wheels would be from 42056, but those are a bit too big for 1:10 scale.

Edited by Zerobricks

7 hours ago, lmdesigner42 said:

Are you sure? 42039 had two geared manual functions (opening doors and back) which could be optionally motorized with PF. The recently trending licensed sets in the same size (RSR and Ferrari) didn't have that much, although maybe this year's Ford GT is setting a different trend with it's additional functionality.

I'm definitely getting some 42039 vibes with the styling though.

I was mostly tipping on steering, suspension, drive...

Nice looking set... But regarding the functions, they dont show it on the back of the box even more :laugh:

I really dont like where the Technic line is going the last years.