Aurore

[Minifigs] Miscellaneous Historicans (UPDATE: Carnival in Varlyrio)

It's not exactly a secret that I enjoy making minifigs, especially fantasy-themed ones.
And unsurprisingly, I make minifigs way quicker than I build the MOCs they could populate.

So why not have those minifigs take part in the Historican Adventure too - the ones that are neither tied to a build, nor to a contest? 
I'll share them regularly here, in this thread. And don't hesitate to join me!

Now for the first issue, in the first comment below, I’ll go for a very seasonal theme and a recurring question!

Index:
#1 - How to win someone's heart?
#2 - Carnival in Varlyrio

Edited by Aurore
Added an index for future updates

#1. How to win someone's heart?

Let's hear the answers of those wise Avalonian ladies...

Josephine von F., princess - "Even if you’re not the prettiest of them all, even if you don’t have the gifts of song and beauty, believe me: one day you’ll find your true love and their heart will be yours unconditionally.”  
52689807094_3009701e3c.jpg

Smeralda N., sorceress - "With the right potion, it's a piece of cake to make someone's heart beat for none but you! But remember that your seller cannot be held liable for the consequences."
52689807089_59cb9dec46.jpg

Bertille S., innkeeper - "There is no better way to someone's heart than through the stomach! Even the hardest of hearts melts like grilled cheese over a well-baked fougasse."
52689956425_d21875af03.jpg

Alrune d'E., scholar - "The straightest way to someone's heart is here, through the third and fourth ribs. It's rather easy to take with the right tools and a little experience in dissection."
52689956440_a9b2cae0b8.jpg

⇩ Detailed parts list

Spoiler

Josephine
- Hairpiece 2633 in black (Liann from the Friends theme)
- Cape 36315 (Noctura from the Elves theme)
- Torso 6259374 (Anna from the Disney CMF Series 2)
- Skirt 89257 (Special 20th anniversary Voldemort from the HP theme)

Smeralda
- Hairpiece 83345 in black (King Valkyrie from the Marvel theme)
- Cape 22656 (Specter from the CMF Series 14)
- Torso 6032014 (Angelica from the POTC theme), with bright light blue arms
- Skirt 39506 (Dumbledore from the HP CMF Series 1)

Bertille
- Hairpiece 80834 (Madam Pomfrey from the HP theme)
- Torso 6354322 (Soyona Santos from the Jurassic World theme), with arms from torso 6176552 (Commissioner Gordon from the LEGO Batman Movie CMF Series 1)
- Skirt 50394

Alrune
- Hairpiece 6038629 (Elrond from the LOTR theme)
- Cape 26112 (Maleficent from the Disney CMF Series 1)
- Torso 6396215 (King Valkyrie from the Marvel theme), with arms from torso 6389870 (Miss Piggy from the Muppets CMF Series)
- Skirt 6349738 (White Bone Demon from the Monkie Kid theme)

Custom printed tiles and bottle from Briquestore

Edited by Aurore
Added the parts list

@W Navarre Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoy Alrune's setting, especially as it's a sneak peak of my oncoming MOC! :grin: But given the associated storyline, she won't wear that outfit...

Edited by Aurore

Great designs.  The last one the valkyrie torso works really well with the demon bone lady's skirt.  Wonderful idea to do with all the minifigs.  

Great figs!  I like how you've managed to repurpose these skirts, some of them go very well, specially the first one.  The settings for each of them are really lovely too, and I may definitely have chuckled at the last one. :laugh:  (Also, I just love those paintings in the background of the baker... wherever are they from?!

Lovely parts usage on all of these! I especially like the combos used for Josephine von. F and Bertille S.

The backgrounds are nothing to scoff at either - I really like how you built the torches behind Alrune!

@zoth33 Thank you very much! The Bone Demon's skirt piece is great and I wish I had found more torsos that look nice with it!

@Kai NRG Thank you so much! The printed tiles (and the bottle) behind the innkeeper and Alrune's skeleton picture are from Briquestore.fr

@socalbricks Thank you very much! At first I had taken the photos against a plain background, but I'm glad I eventually decided to use MOCs instead. And I still hope one day I'll finish the build used as the background for the innkeeper...:laugh:

@Ecclesiastes Thank you so much!

5 hours ago, Aurore said:

The printed tiles (and the bottle) behind the innkeeper and Alrune's skeleton picture are from Briquestore.fr

Oh they have some neat stuff!

The minifigures are great and the advices are good and wise!

Nice work!  I really enjoy the brick built scenes.  Great use of the HP nurse's hat too.  I particularly like Alrune's outfit, black with lavender accents.  Look forward to more!

that are some pretty cool figures and you built some nice scenes for them. good job! And I really like that you posted a parts list as I didn't know most of these minifigure parts existed. Thank you!

@NOD Thank you very much! So glad you enjoyed their advice...:grin:

@LordDan Thank you so much! I had initially taken the photos against a plain backdrop, but tended up liking the result way more with brickbuilt scenes!

@Grover Thank you very much! The HP nurse hat/hair combo is definitely one of my favourite elements of 2022...

@Simon_S Thank you very much! Adding the parts list was a second thought, but the aim is definitely that it may be useful to others! :wub:

#2. Carnival in Varlyrio

Let's celebrate the end of winter the Varlyrian way: with grandeur, extravagance, and a full week of breathtaking festivities.

The Phoenix
52752918616_4153bc6cc4_z.jpg

The Lady in Black
52753413388_c85c93b132_z.jpg

The Queen of Cards
52753329295_762102168c_z.jpg

Edited by Aurore

What a great trio. My favourite is the Lady in Black - that head pairs really well with the head piece. Is the headdress originally from Star Wars?

Edited by Eyrezer

Love all three of these! Really ingenious parts usage throughout. My favorite would have to be the Phoenix - those parts feel like they belong together!

@Eyrezer Thank you very much! Yes, the headdress is the one from a SW Jedi Consular.

@socalbricks Thank you so much! I did not expect the parts for the Phoenix to look so good together, and even if I really dislike the colour red I have to admit I enjoy this minifig!

You have some really great choices for minis here.  What is that phoenix dress from?  I can't place it.  They all flow together well, with the various torsos and legs feeling like TLG designed them for one another.  I love seeing what you come up with for minis!