Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

peter pan trailer comes out tm, perhaps the set will be on shop at home around the same time

3 hours ago, Surge said:

peter pan trailer comes out tm, perhaps the set will be on shop at home around the same time

Well, the set comes out tomorrow, so they kinda have to upload it to Shop@Home.

5 minutes ago, hikouki said:

When are the birthday train and Up house supposed to come out? May as well? Or June?

April 1st, according to Brickset.

Ah yes, looks like the magic mirror is a sheild print not a 2x4 tile with curved corners lik I'd originally assumed.

And I had hoped that doctor faliciair would have is skull mask, oh well. They look pretty good. But I don't think I'll just pick up random bags like I have with series 24, I'll just go to my local Lego shop who have the presorted and pick up my favourites. ( I hope they'll still find a way to sort them after the age of boxes begins.( And if there are still bags inside the boxes imma be so mad))

Also incase anyone cares (I do not) but I saw a new Duplo Disney castle on #legoleaks2023 ( usually using the corresponding year's hashtag you still get all the actual leaks but less random posts hopping on the big hashtag bandwagon as it isn't as big a hashtag as it's only used till the end of the year)

Edited by Agent Kallus

Fantastic pictures .. looks like a great set .. bit cheeky putting Jiminy’s legs in a ‘moving’ pose .. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thought, even for a brief moment, that they’d made bendable short legs 😂

What an awesome series. By my count there are 17 or 18 new moulds this series, depending on whether Pinocchio gets a separate head and hat or not. 

Looks like a nice series for people who like the properties especially. As usual for minifigure based on animation, especially older/2D animation, many of these prints look very simplified and lacking detail to the standard of other modern minifigures, even Pocahontas, who I otherwise like very much.

I can only see myself getting five or so of these really: Pocahontas for that hair especially, the queen who has good parts, Cruella, (new dog and fun outfit), Mulan and probably Facilier (I like the hat and his face and torso). Maybe Tiana and Aurora, but only maybe. Could depend on alternate faces because I'm not loving the ones shown here.

Looks like Robin Hood has a tail piece of some sort? Can’t see the tail in the picture but there seems to be a piece between the torso and legs?

26 minutes ago, Chris10 said:

Looks like Robin Hood has a tail piece of some sort? Can’t see the tail in the picture but there seems to be a piece between the torso and legs?

Correct

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Ah yes, looks like the magic mirror is a sheild print not a 2x4 tile with curved corners lik I'd originally assumed.

And I had hoped that doctor faliciair would have is skull mask, oh well. They look pretty good. But I don't think I'll just pick up random bags like I have with series 24, I'll just go to my local Lego shop who have the presorted and pick up my favourites. ( I hope they'll still find a way to sort them after the age of boxes begins.( And if there are still bags inside the boxes imma be so mad))

Also incase anyone cares (I do not) but I saw a new Duplo Disney castle on #legoleaks2023 ( usually using the corresponding year's hashtag you still get all the actual leaks but less random posts hopping on the big hashtag bandwagon as it isn't as big a hashtag as it's only used till the end of the year)

The duplo castle is on lego.com for $99. Is this the $99 set we knew about?

I would like to see alternate faces but there aren't any on any of the marketing images, funny enough. Not even Cruella's.

Some of these figures are amazing, but I’m quite shocked at the over simplified style some of these have 🥲 not good.

3 hours ago, Chris10 said:

Indeed, yet oddly - Prince John doesn’t 

What is that 1×1 tile that cruella has supposed to represent, though I haven't seen 101 Dalmatians in a while, so I guess that's why I'm so confused

9 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

What is that 1×1 tile that cruella has supposed to represent, though I haven't seen 101 Dalmatians in a while, so I guess that's why I'm so confused

Her purse / handbag :classic:

if you look on the lego.com listing of the cmf you can see they all come with printed plates with the disney 100 logo !

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Indeed, yet oddly - Prince John doesn’t 

My guess is because with that robe outfit his tail would be coming out at his feet. I’m not an expert on pieces but I don’t believe there’s a current tail piece that would work and be accurate

Edited by DisneyLego

Who is everyone’s go-to for case preorders?

For the life of me I can’t recall who I ordered my series 2 cases from

They look splendid and the detail on some like Ernesto de la Cruz and his guitar (!) is simply stunning. Some characters I would have preferred in a different outfit e.g. Aurora in a dress from the wooden cottage where she meets Philipp for the first time, but other small details can be changed. I'll get them all for sure especially since its the last series that comes in blind bags.

Aurora is worse than I thought. Her generic crown and white collar were off-putting enough in the leaked images but the color of her dress is completely off. It leans more purple than pink and looks nothing like the shade of pink from the movie. The sparkles look so cheap and like this is a minidoll. In fact I think some of the minidolls had more accurate colors and designs. Considering how many Aurora minidolls exist to cater to that market, I wish her minifigure had been less influenced by them. Aurora is one of my favorite characters but I'm not even sure I'm going to bother with her now. The worst part is that even if we ever get a blue dress variant, it'll still have all the same issues and probably even an inaccurate shade of blue. Too bad they didn't make the Briar Rose version of Aurora instead.

I'm also not sure why all the minifigures have such simplified designs but the Evil Queen has extra details that didn't exist in the movie like a visible underskirt or a line down her torso. At least she and the Queen of Hearts got movie accurate crowns unlike Aurora.

I think I will pick up Sorcerer Mickey, Aurora, Mulan, Tiana and her villian, Queen of Hearts, Evil Queen, Miguel, Ernesto, Stitch, and Oswald the Rabbit. Maybe Cruella.