Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

So according to Brick Clicker there's going to be a BrickHeadz Stich as well as a buildable one. I feel like we're going to start entering Hedwig territory here. :laugh:

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

So according to Brick Clicker there's going to be a BrickHeadz Stich as well as a buildable one. I feel like we're going to start entering Hedwig territory here. :laugh:

Nah, Hedwig has had at least one Brickheadz and three other different buildable versions since 2020, plus several ‘minifig’ versions of her in sets. Stitch has a ways to go. 

Brick_clicker on Instagram posted that set 43231 will be Rapunzel’s Tower and Lame Duck Inn (presumably the Snuggly Duckling), costing $79.99 and releasing on January 1st. They said it’s unclear whether it will include minidolls or minifigures. 

As someone who generally prefers and collects minifigures, I would be excited if it were a minifigure set, but I wouldn’t be surprised either way. The inclusion of the Snuggly Duckling hopefully points to the inclusion of some of the thugs, so that would be cool. Additionally, if they are minidolls, it could be the first time one had a hook hand (assuming Hook Hand is included). 

2 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

Rapunzel’s Tower and Lame Duck Inn (presumably the Snuggly Duckling)

If I had to hazard a guess, ‘snuggly duckling’ probably didn’t translate well into some language so Disney changed the name in that language’s dub. If you wanted to look into which languages that could be you could theoretically get an idea where this leak originated (presuming the language in question isn’t just Dutch). 

As much as I don't want every set to be a super expensive one, it feels a bit of a shame that this is two buildings for $80, suggesting that the tower may not be as detailed as the last one and the inn will be pretty small too. Still, might have some good elements to MOC something nicely detailed.

At this point in the history of mankind, I could not care less if Lego makes buildable turd for Disney sets as long as they give use much wanted and well-printed and accurate minifigs.

Rapunzel and Flynn are already in the current Disney castle. Why not finally give us Belle and Beast?

I don't know. Rapunzel's Tower 43187 was essentially just that, the tower and a small side build meant to imply the Snuggly Duckling that sold for $64.99. A revised set (looks like 43187 isn't sold anymore) with a $15 price hike could mean an as detailed tower or a more built out Snuggly Duckling Side Build or the same build but new minifigures/minidolls. If it is minidolls, a shame. If minigifures, hope we get longer hair for Rapunzel and a Mother Gothel.

Edited by OttoRiver

Interesting news about the new tangled tower. The leak says the new set has 623 pieces while the old tower set only had 369 pieces. That's a big increase in pieces for only a 15 $ increase. I hope it has minifigures!

6 hours ago, hikouki said:

Rapunzel and Flynn are already in the current Disney castle. Why not finally give us Belle and Beast?

Right??

Update on what we have coming down the pipeline-

43233 Belle's Storytime Horse Carriage ($15.99, 62 pcs)

43234 Elsa's Frozen Treats ($15.99, 82 pcs)

43236 ????? ($44.99, 329 pcs)

43237 ????? ($44.99, 641 pcs)

43238 Ela's Frozen Castle ($44.99, 163 pcs 4+)

43239 ?????? ($29.99, 334 pcs)

43246 Princess Market Adventure ($99.99, 817 pcs)

43248 ?????? ($34.99, 394 pcs)

43249 Buildable Stitch ($64.99, 729pcs)

43241 Rapunzel's Tower and Snuggly Duckling ($79.99, 623 pcs)

30661 Wish polybag

Still have 4 unaccounted for sets. Kind of hoping 43248 is the Beauty and the Beast ballroom set we've been wanting.

43237 ($44.99, 641 pieces) has a lot of pieces for the price compared to 43236 which is the same price but has only 329 pieces. To me this would suggest the former has more smaller pieces. Another diaorma maybe?

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

43237 ($44.99, 641 pieces) has a lot of pieces for the price compared to 43236 which is the same price but has only 329 pieces. To me this would suggest the former has more smaller pieces. Another diaorma maybe?

You raise a good point. Looking at past products, 41964 is a Dots style back to school set that is retiring at $44.99, 669pcs which is the same range. Could be a replacement for that set. Conversely, it also fits with the Micro Agrabah 40613 ($39.99, 506 pcs) Micro Cinderella Castle 40478 ($39.99, 567 pcs) and Micro Haunted Mansion 40521($39.99, 680 pcs). Could be the Micro Atlantica with a minifigure thrown in to bump it to the $45 given Agrabah costing the same without minifigure.

On 11/30/2023 at 10:37 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Really hope that the Tangled set includes minifigures. I adore that movie, and would love to get a set based on it.

I think all examples of "X's so and so" set names are part of the princess theme. I'd love some Tangled figs without shelling out $400 as well but I doubt this is it. Especially for a tower and a building for $60.

34 minutes ago, thebricksbear said:

I think all examples of "X's so and so" set names are part of the princess theme. I'd love some Tangled figs without shelling out $400 as well but I doubt this is it. Especially for a tower and a building for $60.

Whilst I the pricepoint and piece count makes me think it will be minidolls, we do have a 'X's ...' that isn't: Peter Pan and Wendy's Flight Over London.

@itsjustajoe has said over on r/legoleaks that the Rapunzel set will be minidolls. It's still probably not case closed at this point, but I'm not going to put any hope into it...

4 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Here’s the four new sets: https://bouwsteentjes.info/lego-disney-2024-sets/

Im guessing Rapunzel’s Tower is a retail exclusive or not a January release after all. :P 

Thank you :) Probably an exclusive to certain retailers in each country I'd say.

Not much to interest me, but the new baby reindeer looks adorable. I just picked up the last one, but going to have to get this one for my Disney minifigure display case. And is that a different Bruni? He looks to be sitting up?

Bruni looks to be the same mold but I would need a better angle to confirm. 

Also love the concept of the princesses owning and running businesses in a sort of fairytale village. A fresh departure from more castle oriented sets for them, but I do find it funny while Tiana is running a restaurant, Ariel owning a trinket shop, Aurora an inn, Cinderella a dress shop, and Elsa selling frozen treats, Belle apparently decided her best enterprise was rolling around town telling people stories. (unless there is a book cart int he back I just can't see) 

Big snore on the Swing build in the Elsa's Frozen Castle set.  They seem to like putting these in the Princess sets just to up the part count instead of coming up with more useful side builds.  A cute stable/barn for Sven would have been more interesting than yet another useless swing.  

3 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

Bruni looks to be the same mold but I would need a better angle to confirm. 

Yes your right; now I've seen a clearer image he does look the same, which is fine. He's pefectly okay as he is. :classic:

How many *most probable* minifig sets are we expecting in 2024? Two?

- Maleficent Dragon

- Snow White cottage

Will we be getting any Mickey sets next year do we know? Looking to get a Goofy minifigure and wondering if I should just BL one.

Edited by BacktoBricks

I’m liking the new hair pieces for Ariel and Aurora in the Princess Market .. noticing that the Cinderella minidoll seems to be using the new minifigure hair piece ( which is still a bit ‘gappy’ at the sides to me. @hikouki I tend to agree with you on the cottage and dragon .. I’m hoping the Rapunzel Tower might be minifigures, but don’t hold out much hope.

One thing I’m planning on doing is getting the black and while detective from series 25 in Jan and seeing how his collar looks on Snow White ( if it works with her hair piece etc ) if it looks ok I may trim her current collar smaller .. that cone of shame is just too much 😂

Edited by Jarreth2