Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

I really wish that the Moana set included Maui, we are way too overdue for the best character from that movie 

for the person who was just about to say this all I can say is

YOURE WELCOME

At least, there's Maui in a previous Moana set.

The most expensive Disney set rumored for 2023 is what, $150 or $200?  I don't think that price point would cover a replacement Disney Castle (e.g., Cinderella Castle). What do you guys think it could be? A minidoll castle?

With the Train & Station and the Disney Castle being discontinued in the couple of years, do you guys think Lego will make more minifig scale sets? It seems we are losing to the minidolls!!!

It seems like we will be getting sets for Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin, and Toy Story based on the aforementioned leaked image with those silver pieces. Maybe the castle set is the Agrabah Palace from Aladdin?

Whatever it is, I do hope it's minifigure scale and not anything with minidolls or microscale.

Edited by JeanGreyForever

4 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

It seems like we will be getting sets for Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin, and Toy Story based on the aforementioned leaked image with those silver pieces. Maybe the castle set is the Agrabah Palace from Aladdin?

Whatever it is, I do hope it's minifigure scale and not anything with minidolls or microscale.

Edited by Lemerbrix
I doubt it is agrabah palace

13 hours ago, hikouki said:

The most expensive Disney set rumored for 2023 is what, $150 or $200?  I don't think that price point would cover a replacement Disney Castle (e.g., Cinderella Castle). What do you guys think it could be? A minidoll castle?

With the Train & Station and the Disney Castle being discontinued in the couple of years, do you guys think Lego will make more minifig scale sets? It seems we are losing to the minidolls!!!

I'm thinking it could be the Sleeping Beauty castle from Disneyland. It's a lot smaller than the Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom and they can definitely pull it off at that scale. It would make sense for a 100 year anniversary set since it is from the original Disney park.

7 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Doing that would be 'repeating' those themes from previous CMFs/ releases. Although I don't quite mind if it will be minifig scale and with the introduction of more complementary characters, etc.

1 hour ago, EdWebhead said:

I'm thinking it could be the Sleeping Beauty castle from Disneyland. It's a lot smaller than the Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom and they can definitely pull it off at that scale. It would make sense for a 100 year anniversary set since it is from the original Disney park.

Hopefully. I really don't care for minidolls!!! Microscale would not be bad as long as there are new minifigs. But prefer minifig scale!

(Is it possible they will be releasing a much larger and more expensive Disney building that has not been leaked? Something much similar to both the Train Station and the Disney Castle?)

10 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Doing that would be 'repeating' those themes from previous CMFs/ releases. Although I don't quite mind if it will be minifig scale and with the introduction of more complementary characters, etc.

Hopefully. I really don't care for minidolls!!! Microscale would not be bad as long as there are new minifigs. But prefer minifig scale!

(Is it possible they will be releasing a much larger and more expensive Disney building that has not been leaked? Something much similar to both the Train Station and the Disney Castle?)

I would love a Haunted Mansion from Disneyland at figure scale, or the Tower of Terror from Disney World! (I'm still mad they re-themed it at Disneyland)

4 hours ago, hikouki said:

Well, it seems like Lego is specifically reusing the popular characters that they know will sell. We already know Peter Pan is confirmed in that storybook set. And it seems highly likely we're getting Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin, and Toy Story from the leaked image. It makes sense from a financial perspective because they already have the molds for several of those characters. It would cost way more to make a Beauty and the Beast set and make two brand-new figures whereas for Peter Pan, they can just easily reuse Peter and only have to make a new Wendy. 

My guess for Alice is we'll get a Mad Tea Party set based on the teapot and Mad Hatter's hat. Alice can be brought back and they can include the Mad Hatter, March Hare, and Dormouse. Maybe the White Rabbit as well.

For Aladdin, there are a number of potential sets like the Cave of Wonders, the Agrabah Marketplace, or Jasmine's balcony window if they want to make a set out of A Whole New World. That's once more assuming the castle set we know is coming isn't the Agrabah Palace since the last D2C Disney set was the Frozen Ice Castle.

For Toy Story, maybe Andy's room? There are a lot of characters they can bring back while still making new ones like Bo Peep in her classic dress along with her sheep, Billy, Goat, and Gruff. Slinky Dog has never had appeared in a Lego set so maybe we can get a brick-built Slinky Dog as well.

11 hours ago, EdWebhead said:

That’s what I’m hoping for, but I just don’t know at that price point. I’d probably prefer to see the Disneyland Castle done justice rather than a … “cheap” version just to coincide with the anniversary. It is smaller, so perhaps it’s possible? 

The Brickheadz 4-pack looks great! Hope this is a sign for things to come, as I’d really like to see Oswald and Snow White in the CMF series :thumbup:

Hope they reveal the other sets soon enough then.

I can't wait to see the WALL•E BrickHeadz, might even be the first ones I buy. (Still so mad at myself I missed out on the Ideas WALL•E.)

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Brickheadz 4-pack looks great! Hope this is a sign for things to come, as I’d really like to see Oswald and Snow White in the CMF series :thumbup:

I am hoping as well!!!

Looking at all the Disney BrickHeadz, including the upcoming ones, the ones that have not made it into minifig form are:

Belle

Beast

Oswald

Snow White

Eve and Wall-E

Cruella

Moana

Merida

24 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I am hoping as well!!!

Looking at all the Disney BrickHeadz, including the upcoming ones, the ones that have not made it into minifig form are:

Belle

Beast

Oswald

Snow White

Eve and Wall-E

Cruella

Moana

Merida

To be honest, I can't imagine EVE and WALL-E minifigs.

27 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I am hoping as well!!!

*list*

If those were all part of the line-up (minus Wall-E and EVE since they obviously wouldn't work as minifigs), I'd be very satisfied :thumbup: It's pretty realistic too, as we'd then have representations for all major eras plus Pixar, just like the first two series!

Looked forward to the real list, but the reduced roster is giving me a headache already. Going from two series with 18 minifigs each to a puny 12 is just awful

17 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

To be honest, I can't imagine EVE and WALL-E minifigs.

There are quite cute brickbuild Moc-Wall-E figures in minifigure scale. With the (quite) new robot eye piece from friends and a print on the body those would look even better. EVE would 100% have to be a special mould on a transparent bar piece.

With the tea can and hat piece in the 100 years Disney logo I think we can say there will be a Mad Hatter - something that Batman fans would like, too, I guess.

It’s a long shot, but I’ve just noticed a seller on facebook ( a well known seller so all her stuff is legit ) selling some of the new BAM minifigures and there’s a hair piece that would be perfect for Dolores from Encanto if it were recoloured .. got me thinking .. do Lego do test runs on new moulds and then use them up in the BAM sections ?  

Late to the party but I didn’t realise this Disney Animation lineup would be including minifigures. Can’t wait to see what these sets entail!

11 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

[….] there’s a hair piece that would be perfect for Dolores from Encanto […]

That hairpiece was introduced in last year’s Friends sets :classic: Pieces often get recoloured for BAM without other uses in mind

So with the new teaser poster, what’re everyone’s thoughts? I’m thinking (and hoping) it’s actually the blue fairy from Pinocchio as opposed to tinkerbell. Would love a classic Pinocchio set

2 hours ago, DisneyLego said:

So with the new teaser poster, what’re everyone’s thoughts? I’m thinking (and hoping) it’s actually the blue fairy from Pinocchio as opposed to tinkerbell. Would love a classic Pinocchio set

It's probably Tinker Bell especially now that the castle is retired/retiring and that was the only way to get her previously. There are tons of Tinker Bell products for the 100 years of Disney celebration with her wearing silver. 

A thought that just came to me is what if the CMF series 3 is just all the Disney characters wearing silver versions of their iconic outfits. That might mean they'll give us mostly characters we already have (like Alice, Aladdin, Ariel, Buzz Lightyear, etc.) but in silver variants.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

It's probably Tinker Bell especially now that the castle is retired/retiring and that was the only way to get her previously. There are tons of Tinker Bell products for the 100 years of Disney celebration with her wearing silver. 

A thought that just came to me is what if the CMF series 3 is just all the Disney characters wearing silver versions of their iconic outfits. That might mean they'll give us mostly characters we already have (like Alice, Aladdin, Ariel, Buzz Lightyear, etc.) but in silver variants.

Good point, it’ll be nice for those who weren’t able to get her with the castle when it was available, though I’m still holding out hope for a Pinocchio set.

The same thought occurred to me as well when we saw the silver accessory pieces in the teaser ad. It’d be a huge disappointment for me if that’s what the series ends up being but of course I’ll still be a sucker for them and end up buying a case

Edited by DisneyLego

3 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

That’s definitely been a somewhat unwelcome suspicion I’ve been trying to internally squash myself recently. CMFs are known for introducing new molds and it would feel like a tragic waste of the Disney 100 one had almost nothing but recolors of characters lego had already done. 

That said, I did have a thought upon seeing today’s news - the platinum branding isn’t just for the CMF, it’s for an entire wave of sets, which we’re still hearing about additions to. Seeing the actual logo made me think of the Harry Potter 20th anniversary sets from a couple years back and that made me think of the golden figures that came in most of that year’s Harry Potter wave.

What if lego has something similar planned for the Disney 100 wave? Harry Potter proved that doing unique metallic figs didn’t prohibitively eat up the budget of a set, so it’s hardly impossible - especially since there’s 2 CMFs + several miscellaneous sets worth of unique molds for the most iconic characters that are ready and waiting to be reused. 

Just going through Jedi JAC Penguin’s 2023 list, it looks like we’re getting 6 or 7 minifigure sets with the Disney 100 branding. Theoretically, we could see platinum figures going like this:

43212 - {? Disney Birthday Train ?}
      (4+) - Might be skipped because it’s 4+

43215 - {? TBA Classic Disney
      Animation ?} - Platinum Donald (based of his sailor hat in the teaser splash) 

43217 - {? Carl's House ?} - Platinum Woody (based off the cowboy hat in the teaser splash, paired up with the only known Pixar set in the line since Woody is the first Pixar MC)

43220 - {? Peter Pan & Wendy's
      Storybook Adventures ?} - Platinum Tinkerbell (based off the wand in the official promo image, an anniversary bonus fig would be a perfect excuse to include a Tinkerbell minifig in the set despite being out of scale with the other characters)

43221 - {? TBA Classic Disney
      Animation ?} - Platinum Daisy ( based off flower in the teaser splash) 

43225 - {? Castle ?} (18+) might not be Classic Animation, but it’s 18+ so I included it to be safe - Platinum Genie/Aladdin (based off lamp in the teaser splash)

43230 - {? TBA Classic Disney
      Animation ?} (18+) - Platinum Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy, possibly with Platinum Pluto as accessory (Harry Potter 20th D2C featured 3 anniversary minifigs, so I suspect a Disney one might do something similar. Minnie and Pluto hinted at with bow and bone in the teaser splash image. Park Mickey frequently dons a top hat during celebrations, so top hat in teaser splash could refer to him)

Obviously it’s all just speculation with no actual evidence beyond teasers which might be purely thematic instead of referencing actual platinum pieces we’ll be seeing, but I do think the argument that doing a special anniversary figure of Tinkerbell as a bonus is the easiest way to fit her into a set she would otherwise be out of scale in is a compelling one. And having recolored characters as set bonuses instead of taking up spots in a CMF would definitely be a better allocation of resources  

I could see them doing silvers versions of characters we've already gotten, but that's the only scenario I see that happening in. It seems pretty obvious people would be upset to get a weird event variation of a character without ever getting a regular version.

The promo does seem to suggest a new Tinkerbell variation. Not a fan of the wand though, I don't think that style really fits the Disney wand look too well.

The Brickheadz are pretty neat too, it definitely makes me think Snow White and Oswald will show up as minifigures. I just hope they go light on using Toy Story and Frozen characters (they feel overexposed to me at this point). I'm hoping to finally fill in some of the princess characters (Cinderella, Belle, Beast) and the villains (Lady Tremaine, Queen of Hearts).

I'm excited to see what this theme brings!

9 minutes ago, strangely said:

I just hope they go light on using Toy Story and Frozen characters (they feel overexposed to me at this point)

Agree 100%

10 minutes ago, strangely said:

Queen of Hearts

The reintroduction of the queen dress piece for the cmf makes it really likely I think.