Izzynufc-2

Super Mario 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 4/9/2023 at 6:05 AM, Kaijumeister said:

The course builder sets are apparently intended to run up until 2025/26 (as per one of the moderators on the ‘Legoleak’ subreddit), so minifigure sets are not in the pipeline at all. 

Oooh, I missed this! Did they say it as an educated guess or like they had insider info?

Lego just shared a video on Instagram giving a quick look at the upcoming characters besides Donkey Kong. Cranky, Diddy, Funky, and Dixie are all coming as buildable characters (like Toad, Yoshi, etc)

I was expecting maybe 1 or 2 other kongs max, but getting this many is a great surprise! It makes me wonder how many of the sets we haven't seen are DK related. With this many characters, I'm guessing most of them are. Funky Kong is especially surprising, since he's not really part of the 'main cast', but it's very cool to see him here. It can't be long now until we see the sets!

I‘m not surprised to see Diddy, but the other Kongs are definitely unexpected! Now I wonder what the builds will be like, and if they include DKC enemies in the sets :excited: My personal favourite is DKCR, so seeing the Tiki Tak Tribe in brickbuilt form would be great!

Will they be in one big set? In more than one set? Or maybe as boxed character packs instead of the random Mario characters that came in them before?

On 4/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, SlimyGhoul said:

Oooh, I missed this! Did they say it as an educated guess or like they had insider info?

The mods of that Subreddit tend to have insider info, and they’ve been on the ball with this for quite a while.

New buildable Kong figures look great!

71424 Donkey Kong’s Tree House has been revealed!

Cranky and Donkey Kong both look great, and I appreciate those new leaf pieces. Is that a new banana hand piece atop the palm tree on the left? The other bananas in the set are definitely just the regular piece :laugh:

Three other Donkey Kong-related sets have also been announced!

https://brickset.com/article/95094/donkey-kong-sets-officially-announced!

Thought you'd like to know :sweet: 

I have to say, all of these make me want to start collecting the Super Mario sets, not to mention start playing those Donkey Kong games :grin:  :innocent2: 
The Diddy Kong set looks absolutely fantastic, with the rails and the airplane.

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

I just noticed that Diddy Kong doesn’t have the Nintendo logo on his hat, when nearly all other merch of the character does!

anyway sets look fine, but I still like that dry bowser’s castle

nice to see the boxes get a 1-up this wave

I have no interest in the lego mario theme. The course builder is apparently selling well enough, but I personally don't care about it.

I will kill a man for that Funky Kong figure. I will also be making him a surfboard.

Is it true that Mario sets don't have paper instructions?

I'm trying to square that with the idea that these sets are for kids. Are 6 year olds using computers/tablets to build these sets?

6 hours ago, danth said:

Is it true that Mario sets don't have paper instructions?

I'm trying to square that with the idea that these sets are for kids. Are 6 year olds using computers/tablets to build these sets?

You’ve heard correctly, you register with an app and add in the set you have to make the instructions appear, it also gives you a layout of all sets. Registering also activates your Mario so you can have a scoreboard of every time you play, and a record of your time round the course. Characters and areas have stickers that scan in to register you stamping on them, and Mario makes the appropriate noise as well. Additionally the Mario can recognise the colour of the base he’s on. It’s a pretty good blend of digital and physical play.

Hmm no Mario minifigure yet. There is a new theme Sonic the Hedgehog and there are some minifigures which it’s a good new. However Donkey Kong looks great!

I bought Bowser and Nes, I will be very happy for minifigure based set.

Nintendo could be very weird at times, so thats the reason.

On 5/5/2023 at 6:48 PM, Ondra said:

Nintendo could be very weird at times, so thats the reason.

As can TLG, so bam weirdness double whammy.

20 hours ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

I’ve heard every Lego Super Mario set will be retiring in July 2024. 

Considering the currently upcoming sets will most likely have a two year lifespan, I sincerely doubt what you are saying is true.

Also, spouting baseless rumors for people to go crazy over just for the sake of causing trouble is a good way to get banned, just so you know...

Edited by Murdoch17

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsEI-H8t4D8/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA== This is where I heard it from

24 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Considering the currently upcoming sets will most likely have a two year lifespan, I sincerely doubt what you are saying is true.

Also, spouting baseless rumors for people to go crazy over just for the sake of causing trouble is a good way to get banned, just so you know...

Hello,

I saw that from bricks fanatics too, they do tend to post set retirement dates.

I know this will sound a broken record, but what if it's so that they can replace the digital figures system with minifigure sets??

-J.T.i.m.G

16 minutes ago, Jason Todd is my God said:

Hello,

I saw that from bricks fanatics too, they do tend to post set retirement dates.

I know this will sound a broken record, but what if it's so that they can replace the digital figures system with minifigure sets??

-J.T.i.m.G

First thing that crossed my mind

There is runoured 18+ set for winter, and it will be EOL after half of year. It doesnt make sense, it will only make sets it other sets will be minifigures and these 18+ will go on.

59 minutes ago, Ondra said:

There is runoured 18+ set for winter, and it will be EOL after half of year. 

According to stonewars, the last three D2C sets plus the DK treehouse will be available until December 2024, so this new 18+ set will surely join them :classic:

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-super-mario-eol-2024/

Yikes… well at least it was a fun ride with you guys. It was always really refreshing to see the entire Lego community up in arms about this theme then come here to find actual civil discussion.

At the very least it’ll be interesting to see if this is just a refresh (with minifigures or a broader range of Nintendo IPs) or if they’re calling it quits and replacing the line with Sonic.

Edited by Portal Out