Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Hello everyone! I'm very happy with next year's first wave, and I'm so excited to see what the summer holds in store for us. The prospect of "the most detailed brick-built Hogwarts castle ever" sounds quite promising, especially if these first two sets are anything to go by.

I'm so very happy with the new Hagrid's Hut: I love the build, Hagrid's new outfit, the trio, all of the little details and, of course, the new animals - although I do find Fang's colour an odd choice.

I think the Owlery is beautiful, and I love all of the owls, Harry and Cho's winter outfits, and the Eeylops box (which reminds me of the HP/Lego HP video games).

The boathouse is lovely, too, and I was so happy to see McGonagall get arm printing!

I find the Forbidden Forest set rather odd, especially in its colour choice. The Hedwig set is a nice, cheap display one.

I saw someone mention the new car can now fit 2 MiniFigs side by side - has there been confirmation of this? I'd be happy if it's true!

I hope I'll be able to collect all the portraits!

Edited by NostalgicBricks

1 hour ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I saw someone mention the new car can now fit 2 MiniFigs side by side - has there been confirmation of this? I'd be happy if it's true!

Nobody has gotten their hands on the set yet, so we don’t absolutely know for certain as far as I know – but there is a picture of Harry and Ron sitting side by side in the car on the back of the box, so unless lego feels like getting sued for false advertising they should fit. That said, I’m pretty sure a standard sized minifigure with regular legs won’t be able to fit in there. 

42 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Nobody has gotten their hands on the set yet, so we don’t absolutely know for certain as far as I know – but there is a picture of Harry and Ron sitting side by side in the car on the back of the box, so unless lego feels like getting sued for false advertising they should fit. That said, I’m pretty sure a standard sized minifigure with regular legs won’t be able to fit in there. 

why should a normal minifig not fit in there? I don´t think a there is a big difference between both, especially when sitting. Anyways, when we are looking at the pictures, the car is IMO build to fit two minifigs. I would think they used jumper so there is enough space in between both figures to fit the arms (one brick space to be exact) and on the sides you have space because they used the doors, which are 3 bricks long - so you have two studs where you can fit the other arm of the minifigure.

7 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

why should a normal minifig not fit in there? I don´t think a there is a big difference between both, especially when sitting.

It’s not the height of the cab I’m suspicious about, it’s the legroom. Full sized minifigs need a 2x2 space to sit down, while 99% of the time lego just has short legged figs stand in their seats, which takes up a 2x1 space. It’s hard to tell from the box/promo images but the set clearly doesn’t use the standard chairs/seat part and even uses a 2x2 circular tile instead of a steering wheel, so it’s hard to tell how much wiggle room for legs might be in there. Maybe I’m wrong but I think anyone trying to sit a normal minifig in that cab will be in for a rather tight squeeze. 

14 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

Hello everyone! I'm very happy with next year's first wave, and I'm so excited to see what the summer holds in store for us. The prospect of "the most detailed brick-built Hogwarts castle ever" sounds quite promising, especially if these first two sets are anything to go by.

I'm so very happy with the new Hagrid's Hut: I love the build, Hagrid's new outfit, the trio, all of the little details and, of course, the new animals - although I do find Fang's colour an odd choice.

I think the Owlery is beautiful, and I love all of the owls, Harry and Cho's winter outfits, and the Eeylops box (which reminds me of the HP/Lego HP video games).

The boathouse is lovely, too, and I was so happy to see McGonagall get arm printing!

I agree a reboot of the castle could be quite promising based on these two castld builds; I think they are a great mix of playsets and display sets. They are simple, yet charming and not blocky with elements such as the snow capped spires really adding character. It seems we will be starting outwards and working inwards this time, but it makes me really curious to see the Great Hall they would come up with in this iteration.

I only just realised McGonagall had arm printing; I just saw reflections so I'm glad others have eagle eyes. Nice little added touch making her basically the best version of this minifigure we could get.

yeah, very hard to see them top this version of Prof McGonagle. 

I also love that we are getting more of the generic plane uniforms too. Have loads of these now!

Portraits inclusion in the new wave of sets make me think that maybe LEGO is going to create (or already created) a  proper space in which hang them, like the Gryffindor Dormitory GWP for Wizard Cards.

And considering that LEGO describe Owlery and Boat House as the first sets in an "upcoming series of modular sets (sold separately) that connect to create the most detailed LEGO® brick-built Hogwarts™ Castle scene ever" I think that a future new Great Hall could be paired with Grand Staircase Tower (both of course essential in a most detailed Hogwarts).

Edited by BrickMatit

29 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Portraits inclusion in the new wave of sets make me think that maybe LEGO is going to create (or already created) a  proper space in which hang them, like the Gryffindor Dormitory GWP for Wizard Cards.

And considering that LEGO describe Owlery and Boat House as the first sets in an "upcoming series of modular sets (sold separately) that connect to create the most detailed LEGO® brick-built Hogwarts™ Castle scene ever" I think that a future new Great Hall could be paired with Grand Staircase Tower (both of course essential in a most detailed Hogwarts).

It looks like the portraits will actually have a place in the sets themselves as opposed to just being extra's like the chocolate frog cards. Which doesn't mean there couldn't be something like the Dormitory for the portraits, but I kinda doubt it.

Then again... Hagrid's Hut has two portraits (while the Owlery and Boat House have 1), but all 3 sets only have space for one (at least on the pictures).

18 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

It has been confirmed by the designer on instagram that he specifically designed this version to fit the figs side-by-side.

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

It’s not the height of the cab I’m suspicious about, it’s the legroom. Full sized minifigs need a 2x2 space to sit down, while 99% of the time lego just has short legged figs stand in their seats, which takes up a 2x1 space. It’s hard to tell from the box/promo images but the set clearly doesn’t use the standard chairs/seat part and even uses a 2x2 circular tile instead of a steering wheel, so it’s hard to tell how much wiggle room for legs might be in there. Maybe I’m wrong but I think anyone trying to sit a normal minifig in that cab will be in for a rather tight squeeze. 

Well it was clear you meant the legroom, but even then I don´t see a problem. Actually inside the car the is plenty of room - and it is more limited towards the sides than it is back and forth - I would actually say you can even fit Hedwig behind Harry and Ron.

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

It has been confirmed by the designer on instagram that he specifically designed this version to fit the figs side-by-side.

That’s very good news!

4 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Who is it or on which account did the designer comment this? Not doubting - I'd just like to see it myself.

5 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

It's also on the designer's Bricklist on Brickset.

Ah thanks! That's great confirmation.

Some interesting tidbits there about Hagrid's Hut too. It can connect with the sections of the Forbidden Forest set apparently, and there are references to all the Houses in the hut - is that something from canon or just something they felt like doing?

11 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I agree a reboot of the castle could be quite promising based on these two castld builds; I think they are a great mix of playsets and display sets. They are simple, yet charming and not blocky with elements such as the snow capped spires really adding character. It seems we will be starting outwards and working inwards this time, but it makes me really curious to see the Great Hall they would come up with in this iteration.

I only just realised McGonagall had arm printing; I just saw reflections so I'm glad others have eagle eyes. Nice little added touch making her basically the best version of this minifigure we could get.

I didn't notice about the arms until someone else pointed it out, either. 

I agree, there is something about these sets (and Hagrid's Hut) that both look very nice and detailed to look at but also seem like fun playsets - the best of both worlds! It will be great to see the Great Hall, definitely, and I'm also hoping for a proper Gryffindor Common Room finally. And some classrooms! Another thing that I've just thought of is how nice it would be to get a proper greenhouse, now that it seems each location is getting its own set. There is so much potential, I'm excited! :grin_wub:

22 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Some interesting tidbits there about Hagrid's Hut too. It can connect with the sections of the Forbidden Forest set apparently...

Looks like the connections are on the sides where the stump and one of the pumpkins are connected. I don't see connection points on those small bits, so I think they would have to be removed to attach the Forbidden Forest parts. 

I love the new Hagrid’s Hut, it’s got the best looking roof yet and the furniture is well done, the fire place is rather small this time but I spotted two printed D tiles which look like mittens on the mantelpiece! Norbert is excellent, great to see Fang too although I think he should have been dark grey.

The new Hagrid with apron is a wish come true as is the trio all with new prints, but for me Harry’s is too bright and should have been dark green.

Owlry is great looking too and I like the snow added too it. The other sets I’ll skip but I’ll probably MOC my own boat house to match this new one out of my existing stock.

This wave is very focused on year 1/2 other than the random Buckbeak and thestral with year 1/2 Hermione for some reason. I hope the new wave dips in to the later years too and gives us another couple of Y3-6 Dumbledore’s for example 

With the new detailed system I also hope we see a proper stand alone green house in future waves (a decent size with a grey frame like the films) with Slughorn too, another character we need more of

5 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I hope the new wave dips in to the later years too and gives us another couple of Y3-6 Dumbledore’s for example 

Yeah, it’s kinda crazy when you realize that Gambon was Dumbledore 75% of the films but we’ve only gotten 2 minifigs of his Dumbledore wayyyyy back in 2018 and 2019. Hopefully lego will rectify that soon. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, it’s kinda crazy when you realize that Gambon was Dumbledore 75% of the films but we’ve only gotten 2 minifigs of his Dumbledore wayyyyy back in 2018 and 2019. Hopefully lego will rectify that soon. 

You‘re right *huh* I completely forgot there were only two minifigs of Gambledore! That definitely needs to be rectified :thumbup:

I'd love to get the Harris Doubledoor with this hat mold. 

Dumbledore-main.jpg

Otherwise yes there are loads of Gambons to get, many very similar but some subtle differences for variation. 

Wishlists for the new Hogwarts system?

Mine, focusing on things we have not yet had in a castle module:

Umbridge’s office

Divination Tower Classroom

Bell Towers perhaps with another version of the room of requirement inside.

An Affordable Duelling club with new Lockheart

Troll on the loose

The vanishing Cabinet

Edited by Bugbot20082

Based on the two castle sections slated for release so far (Boathouse and Owlery), I wouldn't be surprised if they went with more previously unreleased locations next. Something like the Bell Towers is ideal. It's a perfect candidate to fit in with the modular system's castle as they faze it out. Maybe another courtyard. And just like we're getting the Hagrid's Hut we didn't have in 2021+, I'd also expect a Quidditch Pitch, maybe in the 2025 winter wave, and more Forbidden Forest sections, all three of which belong to the castle in my mind. Plus we'll need more centaurs, and finally getting a unicorn would be lovely.   

I think a popular criticism of the 2021+ modular system was "where are the classrooms? it's supposed to be a school, innit?" so I could see them focus on including those in any locations they make. All we had 2021+ in terms of classrooms as castle parts were Lockhart's DADA, a minuscule Astronomy location, and the First Flying Lesson. Divination is a favourite, as is Herbology. It's not Hogwarts without Potions, and it would be nice to get a better Snape. It's hard to believe we've only had two since the reboot (fine, three if you count the Boggart; perversely we've had just as many Slughorns, and he had a fraction of the role), and they're both worse than hp100. Pretty much all other minifigs since the reboot have been improvements, but for some reason not Snape. And of course there are plenty of non-Lockhart DADA rooms. It would be great if the classrooms weren't stuck in sets > 100 EUR; just the occasional classroom you can connect up into the whole would be nice. Personally I'd really like a History of Magic with Binns even if he wasn't in the films, ditto Peeves.

There are scenes from the 2010 and previous series that they haven't revisited, where it would be good to go there again. Troll on the Loose, Lupin's Classroom / Boggart cabinet, Narcissa in the Forbidden Forest, Final Challenge, Winged Keys, Dobby's Release / Freeing Dobby, Slytherin, Harry and the Marauder's Map... Equally there are scenes they've never covered like Harry's Patronus lesson with Lupin, the Death Eater's invasion of the school through the Vanishing Cabinet... I think you can make an interesting set with the Patronus lesson with Lupin, I'm wondering if the Legilimency lessons with Snape could be equally engaging. You'd still get the classroom as a location, so you wouldn't have to sacrifice Potions class... And it would be really nice if they didn't feel the need to just stick to the source material and included Hufflepuff. 

But I honestly think I'm looking forward to seeing how they expand Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade more than Hogwarts itself.