Mesabi

[COR-FB] A Carnivore's Welcome

Type: Freebuild

It was a humid day near Seawatch, as Count Mesabi and his loyal accountant, Darby Tyler walked towards the city gates. 

52566310930_31bcbcbcbd_z.jpg

Count Mesabi had anchored the WTC Libertine off the coast of Seawatch, avoiding the heavily patrolled harbour. The two had rowed ashore, and walked down the path towards the city proper.

"Anyways Darby, the best way to visit a heavily fortified wartorn city is via surprise. You simply appear at an unexpected interval, and come bearing gifts. It worked for Fatu Hiva" Said the Count cheerily. 

"Count, they burned you in effigy after the Corrish force pulled out. There's literally been talk of making a holiday when you die." Said Darby, incredulous as ever.

52566389583_f04a7ced98_z.jpg

"It was such a touching tribute! I always like statues of me! And fiery infernos always have a special place in my heart! Anyway's we're here. It's been a while since I lent my hands to Corrington's Leadership. I always get the feeling like they're anxious around me though. They're probably afraid of my title." Continued the Count, pondering back on his many, many misadventures. 

52565863741_9f1fde472f_z.jpg

"AVAST CARNIVORES!" Yelled the Count at the Carnish gate guard. "I, his excellence Count Mesabi demand an audience with your mayor, the leaders of the joint military task force, your quartermaster, whoever's in charge of your theater guild, and your cheapest cheesemonger!" 

"Who the Megablocks are you?" Yelled back the Carnish guard, gripping his musket tightly. The Count smiled. He had new friends to make!

"Look, uh, just please tell a Corrish guard to find a sergeant or something? Tell them that Count Mesabi is here." Yelled Darby, hoping to slightly 

The Carnish guard stepped away. A loud "WHAT?!?" came up from over the wall in a heavy Corrish accent. 

52565863711_f737bf543f_z.jpg

An alarm bang clanged loudly, the gates were yanked open, and Corrish and Oleander marines sprinted forwards, muskets in hand. 

"See Darby! Look at the warm reception we're getting" said the Count happily.

52565396482_afa6677432_z.jpg

Soldiers emerged from both sides of the path, climbing through bushes and thicket. Each pointed their musket at the duo. 

"Augh! don't shoot me! I don't want to die!" Cowered Darby. 

52566389478_3a6d30c898_z.jpg

"Drop your weapons you nutcase!" Yelled a Corrish Guardsman.

"You will hang for what you did to Fatu Hiva!" Cried an Oleander marine angrily. 

"You're a danger to the free markets!" muttered an Eslandolian guard. 

"No sudden movements!" Shouted the Corrish ranger. 

52566310730_058e8034f8_z.jpg

"Who wants canned meat!" Said the Count. "I brought enough to share!"

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build. I thought it'd be fun to have the Count here for this, so he has found his way over. 

For newer builders, my character, Count Mesabi caused a bunch of IC and OOC strife when I first joined BoBS. Long story short, I nowadays I do my best to not cause OOC / irl issues, but I very much enjoy playing a character who is reviled, hated, and despised across the Brick Seas. 

Anyway, I enjoyed building this. The wall segments started as an experiment, and the rest of the build followed. I did my best to make sure all the factions present in Sea watch were represented. Hope I didn't miss anyone. 

I'm not sure if I can license this. If I can, I'd like to do so as a small commercial. 

Thanks for viewing my build!

Nice one Mesabi! I was slightly worried what shenanigans the Count was going to get up to when I first saw the pics but this is a hilarious and fitting re-entry for him!

Another excellent build of yours, with a suitably hilarious story worth of the Count. Loving it!

And those damn Oleonites are up to no good, as usual! On the plus side: canned meat for everbody! :pir-grin:

"Just blast the miscreant with the long gun, and be done with it. His title don't mean a can of horse meat, and his WTC crazies will just follow the next guy in line," roared one of the Triuri faithful in Eslandola's colors.

-------------------------------------------------

Everyone's favorite dynamite thrower steps into the fray. I'm glad I got my ships out of there.

This is a great and funny story! :pir_laugh2:  It is a very great honor that Count Mesabi, the highest ranking Corlander Nobles, is visiting the humble settlement of Seawatch!

The city gate and the surrounding area is well built.

Mesabi, this is excellent. The build in isolation my *only* be very good, but you journey is what makes it excellent. In the past, you have gotten feedback that your ground was too bland, your walls too flat, the build overall too simple. And then you come back with excellent wallwork, irregular base, and some good landscaping.

On top of that, you manage to write a genuinely amusing story, playing well into the history of the count, and that without stepping on anyone's toes.

Bloody great work, sir.

PS. Happy to see the irregulars get a spot in the spotlight too! :pir-triumph:

"Wait, the man who ruined our colony in Fatu Hiva is a Corrish Count?" asked the Général, incredulously.

"Oui Hercule," relied Bishop François. "The Count Mesabi is both very powerful and very controversial within Corrington. He needn't concern us."

"On the contrary, Jules, I can't be out-ranked by some horse-eater malcontent. Sister will be furious."

The Vicomte François would have to do something about that...

Edited by Ross Fisher

This is gonna be great! Fine fortification. I'm sure it could work in egs for repairs to seawatch's defenses? I shall have to brush up on the Fatu Hiva incident.

On 12/16/2022 at 3:53 AM, Ross Fisher said:

Oh goodie!

Thanks for the feedback y'all!

On 12/15/2022 at 6:03 PM, Ayrlego said:

Nice one Mesabi! I was slightly worried what shenanigans the Count was going to get up to when I first saw the pics but this is a hilarious and fitting re-entry for him!

Thanks Ayrlego. I do like to make my WIP shots and titles seem just a tad concerning.... :pir_laugh2:

On 12/15/2022 at 6:05 PM, Darnok said:

Another excellent build of yours, with a suitably hilarious story worth of the Count. Loving it!

Thanks Darnok! 

On 12/15/2022 at 7:21 PM, gedren_y said:

"Just blast the miscreant with the long gun, and be done with it. His title don't mean a can of horse meat, and his WTC crazies will just follow the next guy in line," roared one of the Triuri faithful in Eslandola's colors.

-------------------------------------------------

Everyone's favorite dynamite thrower steps into the fray. I'm glad I got my ships out of there.

I like to imagine that if the Count ever dies / I kill him off, Darby will go mad with power, and rule as a brutal despot. 

Thanks for the comment. Good to see the Triuri faithful are still on here!

On 12/15/2022 at 9:04 PM, NOD said:

This is a great and funny story! :pir_laugh2:  It is a very great honor that Count Mesabi, the highest ranking Corlander Nobles, is visiting the humble settlement of Seawatch!

The city gate and the surrounding area is well built.

The ironic part is for no good reason, I have one of the highest ranking titles. Man, Era I was weird. 

Anyways, thanks for your positive feedback!

On 12/16/2022 at 1:14 AM, Bregir said:

Mesabi, this is excellent. The build in isolation my *only* be very good, but you journey is what makes it excellent. In the past, you have gotten feedback that your ground was too bland, your walls too flat, the build overall too simple. And then you come back with excellent wallwork, irregular base, and some good landscaping.

On top of that, you manage to write a genuinely amusing story, playing well into the history of the count, and that without stepping on anyone's toes.

Bloody great work, sir.

PS. Happy to see the irregulars get a spot in the spotlight too! :pir-triumph:

Thanks Bregir, and that's quite high praise. :pir-blush:

I'm glad I've figured out some improvements as a builder, and I really think taking time away, learning to work with less, and relentlessly plagiarizing learning to understand what works for other builders has allowed me to learn some new techniques properly.

And thanks about the story too. I really enjoy writing the Count, and it's always a win-win if I can do it in a way that keeps him as the roving madman we know and love, while not upsetting anyone. I'll always be embarrassed about things that happened early on, but I'm glad to know I still have a place here. 

Also, I just couldn't NOT have your irregulars aim a rifle at Count Mesabi. :pir_laugh2:

On 12/16/2022 at 5:53 AM, Ross Fisher said:

"Wait, the man who ruined our colony in Fatu Hiva is a Corrish Count?" asked the Général, incredulously.

"Oui Hercule," relied Bishop François. "The Count Mesabi is both very powerful and very controversial within Corrington. He needn't concern us."

"On the contrary, Jules, I can't be out-ranked by some horse-eater malcontent. Sister will be furious."

Thanks for some IC banter from your characters, I'll make sure that the Count has something to say about them later.... :pir-grin:

Anyways, if you get one of your characters made a Count (And I really hope you do, you've put in quite the amount of work for Oleon!) We're going to need to have a "Count-Off!" :pir-laugh:

16 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

This is gonna be great! Fine fortification. I'm sure it could work in egs for repairs to seawatch's defenses?

Thanks Jeff! And nice to meet you, I'm not sure if we've interacted before. :pir-classic:

I'm not sure what to license it as, and if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know. I wouldn't call it a fort, but it could certainly be a repair build, or a commerce, since it has a road, and commerce is done on roads... well, it doesn't really matter to me. It's a nice a build, and it doesn't need to be in the EGS. :shrug_oh_well:

17 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

I shall have to brush up on the Fatu Hiva incident.

When Oleon decided to occupy  Terraversa, Corrington decided to respond by invading Oleon's settlement of Fatu Hiva, to blockade the New Haven Sea, and to convince them that conquering Terraversa would be a dastardly display of imperialism. (This is editorializing of course!)

Count Mesabi, incorrigible bastard, titan of industry, and warlord, was allowed to enact his plan to invade and capture Fatu Hiva, followed by Corrington proper. With luck (and in all honesty, a lot of it, the RNG Gods seem to have truly smiled upon me.) he was able to take the settlement. 

Needless to say, this made Oleanders hate him more than they already did. (Which as far as I can tell, was a already lot! ) So, as an Oleander, you should probably hate the Count. 

Anyways, that's a few links if you want to get yourself caught up on some Olde BoBS. history. :pir-classic: