Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

Kings Port Advertiser and Ship List (Vol 6, Issue 1, Special report B) - The Fall of Kings Port!

kpa_masthead_wo_date-797x178.jpg

October 620 – February 621. Vol 6, Issue 1, Special report B - now reporting from the Pamu office.

Kings Port falls to Oleon - Oldis declares national day of grief!

It is our sad duty to report that our glorious capital has fallen. The infamous Oleonese invaders have expelled our brave defenders and raised their foul flags over the palace and throughout the city, Terraversans are steeling themselves against the likely plunder of the Bluecoat horde, where those who cannot escape are locking up their daughters, burying their treasures, and stocking up on provisions and firewood in expectation of chaos. Scores of Terraversans are making their way to other settlements still under their rightful rule. Oldis has made it to Pamu with the remainder of his forces, and has declared February 20th national day of mourning. You can find first-hand accounts of the battle in this same issue.

The Battle for Kings Port

In preparations for the assault, Oleonese sappers set up multiple artillery positions to bombard our defenders barricaded in the inner city around the governmental seat. At the dawn of February 20th, 621AE, all guns opened fire, blasting down buildings and walls to pave the way for the assault. Rather than a single breach, several buildings took the toll, which allowed the combined Bluecoat arms to advance both inside the ruined buildings and through the rubble-strewn streets. Terraversan troops, taken by surprise and their traps thus circumvented, found their positions attacked from multiple, unexpected directions with grenadoes, musket fire, and cold steel. As the fight turned into a general melee our defences saw all advantage slip from between Oldis' fingers, and the much greater numbers of the Bluecoats told. After a few hours, the house by house retreat turned to a rout, as Oldis was no longer able to maintain discipline amongst the men. It is said that Oldis has lost faith in his ability to lead troops in battle after this defeat. (-1 to commander xp for Oldis for a total of 1) Loyal Terraversans can take a modicum of hope from the fact that our soldiers managed to inflict some significant losses to the attackers, bringing the Oleonese force down to 1150 men. After their infamous victory, the Oleonese general is said to be celebrating in Oldis' former halls - even his enemies must acknowledge that his military prowess is not to be underestimated. (+1 to commander xp for Brigadier des Armées Charles Louis Gabriel for a total of 3).

From the disorderly rout, our officers managed to rally only half the initial force, the rest being lost to enemy shot or steel, or in the panic of the defeat. Leading 360 men in a rushed march towards Pamu, our exhausted forces were met by the Bluecoat diversionary force under captain Jean-Batiste de Moncey (+1 commander XP to Jean Batiste de Moncey for a total of 2), whose skirmishers picked off many of our men, further reducing our forces to a mere 290 all told now recuperating in safety in Pamu under the guard of the garrison and the Eslandian mercenaries. Out total force in Pamu now consist of 380 men, plus 400 greencoats, only just enough to offer resistance to the Bluecoat opposition.

Île Sous de Vent invaded by the mad count

In a frail reversal of fortunes, news is brought to us from Île Sous de Vent, where, by the orders of mad WTC Count Mesabi, a small vessel has landed a few sailors and planted the flag of the WTC after "bravely" toppling over the single flagpost sporting the Oleonese standard. While hardly an action of any consequence, it is certain to rile up the Bluecoats, and perhaps force them into rash decisions that may lead them to remove troops otherwise destined for our fine island.

With most of the editorial staff removed to Pamu, the Kings Port Exiled Advertiser will continue to bring you the latest, independent news of developments on the Brick Seas!

Edited by Bregir
Added name of OL commander

According that I remember that Corrington declared war to Oleon because of Terraversa events , the action of the WTC is certainly the first step of a Corrish strike back.

Great write up, Bregir!

Finally, we can rise our beloved flag on the citadel at King's Port. Soldiers and sailors must be exhausted by months of uninterrupted battle, it's time to give them a rest.

Thank you for the write-up. It is cool to see some of our tactics played out well!

A good write up Bregir! For sure ! :thumbup:

I would have expected a better resistance from Oldis but... Too bad...

Green mercenaries will not surrender as easily! count on me for that...

Oh...

And by the way...

It is rumoured that Oleonese people tend to be allergic to Native Warriors... (Cough cough... Ténotlaxclans... Cough cough...) :pir-grin:

Good luck Bluecoats ! I'm back in business ! :pir-skel::iamded_lol:

Good Work Oleon! Your builds really showed great effort, and I'm glad to see that you took the settlement. 

As to my work...

"

To the representatives of Mr. King Filipo I, 

The Wayfaring Trading Company has enacted a grand military invasion upon the island of  Île Sous le Vent.

After decimating the local garrison* the WTC advanced upon the Oleander Occupation of the island** and toppled it with a full assault force of the WTC's might!***

Now, Île Sous le Vent is firmly in the hands of the WTC...

As such:

• Île Sous le Vent is hereby named "Soup Island"  for ease of communication. Why on earth did you put that triangle over the top in the first place!? Really, this one is us doing YOU a favour!*****
  • All new construction by Oleon in this location is paused until further notice, or approval by Corrish Governments. 
  • A Squatter Settlement named Port Chowder is to be built on the island. 

The Wayfaring Trading Company thanks you for your cooperation in the invasion, and hopes we can enjoy a successful, and insurrection free occupation. Any counter-invasions, or insurrections will be met with the full force of the Wayfaring Trading Company's military might.

In The Majestic's Service,
Count Irrigo Mesabi 
of Debonshire,

Veteran of the Juniper Wars, CEO of the Wayfarer Trading Corporation, the Fortifier of Nova Malto, Founder of the Grand City of Mesabi Landing, Sailor of the South, Purveyor of Artiodactyl and Equine Meats

"

*Some very cute, and entirely defenseless wildlife that will be cooked for supper.

**1 Flagpole

***like, 10 guys on a ship

****OOC: Look, I know it's named for a real place, but I hate having to figure out how to type the " Î " all the time, and I think naming an island "soup island" is way funnier. 

17 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Native Warriors...

I strongly recommend you to leave the Natives alone, unless you want to drag them in an inegal fight, guns versus stone axes. 

6 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Mr. King Filipo I, 

It's Philip, not Filipo.

And it's very kind to pay a visit to one of our remote colonnies, I hope your men there could contribute to its development, we'll be pleased to check your progress when we retake it.

7 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Count Irrigo Mesabi of Debonshire,

I don't think I have ever seen the count's first name before, but you seem to have missspelled "irregular" :pir-grin:  :pir-huzzah1:

53 minutes ago, Bodi said:

And it's very kind to pay a visit to one of our remote colonnies, I hope your men there could contribute to its development, we'll be pleased to check your progress when we retake it.

:pir-oh3:

:pir-wink:

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

We'll expect your arrival!

33 minutes ago, Bregir said:

I don't think I have ever seen the count's first name before, but you seem to have missspelled "irregular" :pir-grin:  :pir-huzzah1:

Well, it never came up for 3+ years, until @Ayrlego asked a few months ago, and I actually had to decide on his first name :pir-laugh: :pir-huzzah2:

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

It's Philip, not Filipo.

My apologies, the WTC's translation department had a bit of trouble translating such an odd and nonsensical name, and arrived at "Filipo" as a translation. We'll make sure that King "Phil-imp" and Queen "Butt-Rice" are properly addressed going forwards. :pir-grin:

Edited by Mesabi

2 hours ago, Bodi said:

I strongly recommend you to leave the Natives alone, unless you want to drag them in an inegal fight, guns versus stone axes. 

I said Native not Primitive... Warriors... That's a difference...:pir-laugh:

They know how to use firearms... :cannon:

4 hours ago, Faladrin said:

I said Native not Primitive... Warriors... That's a difference...:pir-laugh:

They know how to use firearms... :cannon:

Yep, MAESTRO taught them well :D