MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

22 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

I had this thought...what if they have commander Bly, one 327th trooper...and then a new Kit Fisto figure? Wouldn't make sense story-wise but I would love that. I suppose that's wishlisty?

what if swamp speeder is from bad batch

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Horse in the race... Are you hinting at a canto bight D2C? :laugh:

58 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

There is no UCS sail barge in this year.

It's all coming together...

(For legal reasons I must disclose that I have never had any insider information).

51 minutes ago, Meadius said:

It's all coming together...

(For legal reasons I must disclose that I have never had any insider information).

Canto Bight MBS?!?!?!?!

1 hour ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Canto Bight MBS?!?!?!?!

With Graballa the Hutt’s Beachside Resort and Buffet? Yes please! :tongue:

2 hours ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

There is no UCS sail barge in this year.

My wallet can rest easy. (Unless it ends up being MBS Endor, in which case I’ll still probably end up getting it.)

4 hours ago, Matichado said:

I do beleive that my gunship claim is logical, it’s the 20th aniversario of clone wars and they brought it upon themselves, it would make no sense to not release a gunship, but then again the skeleton crew is also likely, if the gunship doesn’t release this year it will totally release on 2025

I agree that Lego would be foolish to miss a great opportunity if they don't release a new system scale gunship relatively soon ( same goes for P2 rex) I just don't think that this is it.

It would be weird if it was wasn't skeleton crew really, unless that show had been delayed into next year, (Disney plus does seem to love moving releases after all) as it would be then the first new live action star war release to not get something, though I assume it would get something soon enough even if this set isn't it. Perhaps it's a vaguely spoilery TBBS2 set, though sadly I doubt it. 

I'm just thinking that why it's unknown is either because it's a limited release of some sort (like a retailer exclusive a d I don't think they'd want to make a gunship retailer exclusive, but who knows) or it's from something new and so details are under wraps or it's not a normal system set at all as Lego does seem to keep making random other stuff like the helmets and the dioramas.

Is the unknown set releasing alongside the summer wave or is it later?

10 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I agree that Lego would be foolish to miss a great opportunity if they don't release a new system scale gunship relatively soon ( same goes for P2 rex) I just don't think that this is it.

It would be weird if it was wasn't skeleton crew really, unless that show had been delayed into next year, (Disney plus does seem to love moving releases after all) as it would be then the first new live action star war release to not get something, though I assume it would get something soon enough even if this set isn't it. Perhaps it's a vaguely spoilery TBBS2 set, though sadly I doubt it. 

I'm just thinking that why it's unknown is either because it's a limited release of some sort (like a retailer exclusive a d I don't think they'd want to make a gunship retailer exclusive, but who knows) or it's from something new and so details are under wraps or it's not a normal system set at all as Lego does seem to keep making random other stuff like the helmets and the dioramas.

Is the unknown set releasing alongside the summer wave or is it later?

It could be an Amazon and Disney store exclusive like they did with the razor crest, seems pretty LEGO companyish 

My Gunship thoughts are simple: LEGO will not release a new minifig-scale LAAT until they retire the UCS set. Simply put, the two main advantages UCS sets have over other sets are size and level of detail. But a standard LAAT is already quite large, and as such a minifig-scale version would not have a major size difference (much less than most other UCS ships, at least), and to many the smaller size would be a positive attribute because of the compatibility with Clone Trooper minifigs. As for level of detail, nowadays most LSW sets have a comparable level of detail regardless of whether they are UCS, with the only impediment being the smaller size (which again, would be a lot less from a $150 Gunship vs a $350 Gunship as opposed to, say, a $30 A-Wing vs a $200 A-Wing or a $150 Falcon vs an $800 Falcon). Simply put, if LEGO released a new playscale Gunship it would in many ways be a more desirable product with minimized drawbacks, and would likely dry up sales for the UCS version almost entirely. That said, I feel like we'll see a new minifig-scale version release within a year of the UCS set being retired.

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

My Gunship thoughts are simple: LEGO will not release a new minifig-scale LAAT until they retire the UCS set. Simply put, the two main advantages UCS sets have over other sets are size and level of detail. But a standard LAAT is already quite large, and as such a minifig-scale version would not have a major size difference (much less than most other UCS ships, at least), and to many the smaller size would be a positive attribute because of the compatibility with Clone Trooper minifigs. As for level of detail, nowadays most LSW sets have a comparable level of detail regardless of whether they are UCS, with the only impediment being the smaller size (which again, would be a lot less from a $150 Gunship vs a $350 Gunship as opposed to, say, a $30 A-Wing vs a $200 A-Wing or a $150 Falcon vs an $800 Falcon). Simply put, if LEGO released a new playscale Gunship it would in many ways be a more desirable product with minimized drawbacks, and would likely dry up sales for the UCS version almost entirely. That said, I feel like we'll see a new minifig-scale version release within a year of the UCS set being retired.

Actually LEGO has never made a fig scale gunship, LAAT’s are smaller than what LEGO has gone on their playsets

Next month's issue of the Lego SW magazine will contain a mini X-wing build. Kinda strange with 30654 available these days.

I restrained myself and bought 'only' four of the current magazines with the 212th clones, with ample magazines left for the kids. I hope. Otherwise for the scalpers.

14 hours ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Canto Bight MBS?!?!?!?!

AFOLs have been clamouring for more Mark Hamill and TLG have responded in kind

Another TLG masterstroke is that they can use the same torso for the Code Breaker, Temple of Doom and James Bond in one easy swoop

1 hour ago, Big_Daddy said:

Next month's issue of the Lego SW magazine will contain a mini X-wing build. Kinda strange with 30654 available these days.

I restrained myself and bought 'only' four of the current magazines with the 212th clones, with ample magazines left for the kids. I hope. Otherwise for the scalpers.

As always i'll buy two later today at the supermarket. They usually have 10 or 12 copies, but even when the magazine comes with a minifigure they are never sold out in my village. Sometimes i feel like i am the only one who buys them :laugh: The X-wing build is a bit disappointing but i guess after three minifigures in a row they want to give us a break :laugh:

17 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

As always i'll buy two later today at the supermarket. They usually have 10 or 12 copies, but even when the magazine comes with a minifigure they are never sold out in my village. Sometimes i feel like i am the only one who buys them :laugh: The X-wing build is a bit disappointing but i guess after three minifigures in a row they want to give us a break :laugh:

It's good to live in that sweet spot where there is a good supply but not too high a demand. Same with the supermarket next to where I live (and a few magazine shops even).

Years ago TLG did dabble in both a Yavin base and Geonosian animals ..

yavin_1

52709618227_3af20e6252_m.jpg

Geonosian animals 2 - Old TLG prototypes

Geonosian animals 3 - Old TLG prototypes

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974

18 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Years ago TLG did dabble in both a Yavin base and Geonosian animals ..

Cheers,

Ole

Correct, but I doubt that cancelled prototypes from 15-20 years ago have much impact on what LEGO chooses to make today. 

We're finally getting Yavin and we'll get Geonosis someday, but LEGO has changed so much since these prototypes were made that I doubt they'll have any relation to what they would make today.

They won't. But it's interesting to see that TLG have thought about making those sets for 15-20 years

Hey so I have a crazy idea what if instead of stupid mechs they made these 15 dollar sets partially molded/brick built geonosis arena animals. Each one could include one of the main 3 (Nexu could come with Padme,Acklay with Obi Wan,and Reek with Anakin.) you can’t tell me that kids wouldn’t buy those. (They could also expand it and have Dewback,Bantha,Boga,Taun Taun,Ronto) 

26 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Hey so I have a crazy idea what if instead of stupid mechs they made these 15 dollar sets partially molded/brick built geonosis arena animals. Each one could include one of the main 3 (Nexu could come with Padme,Acklay with Obi Wan,and Reek with Anakin.) you can’t tell me that kids wouldn’t buy those. (They could also expand it and have Dewback,Bantha,Boga,Taun Taun,Ronto) 

If they did this, the sets would definitely be more like $20-$25 a piece, with very few parts because of moulds. 

I could see 80 piece Dewback versus Bantha including three variants of Sandtroopers, two sandpeople, and a molded dewback and bantha selling for $30.

I would imagine sets like that would resemble the $25 Ilu Discovery from Avatar 2 in pricing, build style, and minifigure count.

16 minutes ago, Jenga Fett1 said:

I could see 80 piece Dewback versus Bantha including three variants of Sandtroopers, two sandpeople, and a molded dewback and bantha selling for $30.

...You could see a set with five minifigures and two large molded animals selling for $30?

With all the wishlisting going on in this forum, I'll give my own "crazy idea": The unknown 1083-piece set is a UCS Dexter's Diner Booth built at Bionicle scale including 17 Phase II Rex minifigures and retailing for $12.50.

23 minutes ago, Jenga Fett1 said:

Serious GIF - Serious GIFs

Yeah, two moulded creatures in a $30 set? Might as well put four bigfigs in a BP :tongue:

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

Those probably wouldn't sell terribly, but mechs featuring much more popular characters are still gonna sell better just by virtue of having Darth Vader and Boba Fett. 

22 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

...You could see a set with five minifigures and two large molded animals selling for $30?

With all the wishlisting going on in this forum, I'll give my own "crazy idea": The unknown 1083-piece set is a UCS Dexter's Diner Booth built at Bionicle scale including 17 Phase II Rex minifigures and retailing for $12.50.

Lol :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

All this Geonosis talk is like trying to make "fetch" happen, it's not going to happen

Edited by Fulcrumfan91