MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:
  • Mando S1: 1 set (total 5) 
  • Mando S2: 1 set (total 6)
  • Bad Batch S1: 1 set (total 2)
  • TboBF: 1 set (total 3)
  • Obi-Wan: 2 sets (total 2)
  • Andor: 1 set (total 1)
  • Bad Batch S2: 0 sets (total 0)
  • Mando S3: 2 sets (total 4)
  • Ahsoka: 3 sets (total 3)
  • Skeleton Crew: 1 set (total 1)

Edited to include overall amounts from later waves, plus Bad Batch (please correct me if I've made any errors) (this is excluding buildable characters, helmets, foil packs, and the like).

Ahsoka remains the outstanding winner for initial waves.

Edited by AD_Bricks

16 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Oh dear, I did have that once with a Ninjago one missing his torso. I mean I think on the bright side, the head is the least essential part, especially as you can't see it with helmet on.

Yes good news is that I have loads of spare heads (plain black ones we used to get for troops and skeleton heads). Just thought it was weird considering how few pieces the pack had for one to go missing 

1 hour ago, AD_Bricks said:

Edited to include overall amounts from later waves, plus Bad Batch (please correct me if I've made any errors) (this is excluding buildable characters, helmets, foil packs, and the like).

If you want to get reallly technical there is only 1 BOBF set, ironically its Mando’s starfighter.

1 hour ago, AD_Bricks said:

Indeed! Plus TboBF only had one set initially! I forgot that the N-1 came out in June. Thus, Ahsoka stands out even more :laugh: 

So yeah, Ahsoka is the clear winner here. Debut waves with more than 4-5 sets are only reserved for new movies, which is okay in my book. We will get more stuff, we just need to be patient :classic:

12 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Not so sure there will be a second Sabine anytime soon. I think that it totally depends on number of seasons for Ashoka or if she is present in another show, otherwise I highly doubt they make more than maximum one more set for this season, but most likely none.

I mean she is the Co-lead like, like Fennec and Grogu in BoBF and Mando respectively, they all showed up alot in sets based on various shows, and of course we have Dave Filoni's New republic era movie coming soon as she will probably be in that, likely with a big enough role to be in at least one set. Though considering Sabine she would've likely repainted her Armour by then :laugh:.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

If you want to get reallly technical there is only 1 BOBF set, ironically its Mando’s starfighter.

We not counting the mircofighter?

I grabbed the last 332nd clone battle pack from Target last night and built it.  I have to say, I really like the swamp speeder build.  It's a nice improvement on the one from the Kashyyyk trooper BP from 2014 (I think it was 2014?).  Not massively oversized, but also big enough to fit two figures and have some space to store their weapons, and I like the curved quarter dish pieces for the parts in front of the seats.  It's also nice to have a little bit of variety in the figures, but not so much as to where they're all entirely different from each other.  Two jetpack troopers, Vaughn, and one guy with a different gun is a nice selection.

Also, what's funny is that so far, of the August wave of sets, I've had basically no problem finding any of them with the exception of...Yoda's Starfighter, the one most everyone was completely baffled by.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Also, what's funny is that so far, of the August wave of sets, I've had basically no problem finding any of them with the exception of...Yoda's Starfighter, the one most everyone was completely baffled by.

I’m in the U.K. and I picked up Yodas star fighter for £15 on eBay I had to triple check that it was the new one. But I’ve noticed quite a few listings here of it at about that price which is over 50% off RRP only reason I got it tbh 

35 minutes ago, Llewop said:

I’m in the U.K. and I picked up Yodas star fighter for £15 on eBay I had to triple check that it was the new one. But I’ve noticed quite a few listings here of it at about that price which is over 50% off RRP only reason I got it tbh 

Interesting.  In the US, I've seen plenty of Yavin IV (which makes sense, since typically the massive sets don't sell out right away), the mechs have been mostly available, most stores have been sold down on the 332nd BP, but usually have at least a couple, the spider tank was hard to find at first but has been abundant the last few times I've gone to the store, and I honestly don't think I've seen Yoda's Starfighter yet.

It's odd, I can't tell if it's because of the popularity of sets or something with distribution.  For the last ~3ish summers, it's been really hard to find sets right after they come out, especially ones with desirable minifigures, and I'm assuming part of that was due to supply chain issues caused by covid (like, in the summer of 2020, it seemed to take several months until one could reliably find the AAT or 501st BP on shelves).

23 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Interesting.  In the US, I've seen plenty of Yavin IV (which makes sense, since typically the massive sets don't sell out right away), the mechs have been mostly available, most stores have been sold down on the 332nd BP, but usually have at least a couple, the spider tank was hard to find at first but has been abundant the last few times I've gone to the store, and I honestly don't think I've seen Yoda's Starfighter yet.

It's odd, I can't tell if it's because of the popularity of sets or something with distribution.  For the last ~3ish summers, it's been really hard to find sets right after they come out, especially ones with desirable minifigures, and I'm assuming part of that was due to supply chain issues caused by covid (like, in the summer of 2020, it seemed to take several months until one could reliably find the AAT or 501st BP on shelves).

Must be a regional thing, the only sets I’ve had a real hard time finding was the hoth and clone character packs we got a couple of years ago. Everything else is always available in a shop somewhere over here. It’s only when they go on sale that obviously they sell quickly and you can’t get them in shops

Can't wait to get my hands on all these new sets. I am mostly excited to upgrade these new figs. 

• Jyn Erso's poncho will look great on Ahsoka
  • Hopefully FireStar comes out with some new Sabine arms
  • Baylan definitely will look better with the shoulder pads and a new hair piece. Does anyone have any recs for a good replacement?
  • Shin also will look sick with a cape

6 hours ago, Old Master said:

Can't wait to get my hands on all these new sets. I am mostly excited to upgrade these new figs. 

• Jyn Erso's poncho will look great on Ahsoka
  • Hopefully FireStar comes out with some new Sabine arms
  • Baylan definitely will look better with the shoulder pads and a new hair piece. Does anyone have any recs for a good replacement?
  • Shin also will look sick with a cape

For Baylan's hairpiece: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=98385&colorID=86&in=A 

I'm not a big fan of the show but I quite like all the sets so I think I'll get them when they're substantially discounted. I plan to upgrade Ahsoka with a couple of the spare curved hilts that I have, and I'll give Baylan this hairpiece along with the shoulder pads and the cape. Of course, Shin and Baylan will get trans-neon orange lightsabers (it is such a large oversight, I know this color is discontinued but they could've at least used trans-orange for them).

9 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

For Baylan's hairpiece: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=98385&colorID=86&in=A 

I'm not a big fan of the show but I quite like all the sets so I think I'll get them when they're substantially discounted. I plan to upgrade Ahsoka with a couple of the spare curved hilts that I have, and I'll give Baylan this hairpiece along with the shoulder pads and the cape. Of course, Shin and Baylan will get trans-neon orange lightsabers (it is such a large oversight, I know this color is discontinued but they could've at least used trans-orange for them).

That hair is perfect. Thanks!

Does anyone know whether legocity_prez on IG has reliable info? They just posted a list of some of next year's polybags, including 30680 (Star Wars) listed as an AAT. Not sure if this is legitimate yet?

Edited by SketchBrick

Not necessarily related only to Star Wars, but how do ya'll deal with sets from the bad years of brown and dark red pieces?? I'm feel like I can't enjoy my Gunship/ Most republic ships, Sail Barge, MTT, Sandcrawler etc.. due to pieces breaking constantly. I have been extremely lucky so far that no stickered pieces have broken in the UCS Sandcrawler for example, but many of the other parts have broken, especially plates. Not a SW set, butI pulled out my Mines of Moria set to build again and a whole 4x10 brown plate has just snapped in half while in storage with exactly no weight on top of it, the roof of my Palace Cinema is best described as shards of plastic.

Many of the 2012-17 SW sets are highly sought after collectors things now so replacing some of the parts is ridiculous. Does anybody have any advice regarding this situation? Replacing the sticked parts seems nearly impossible.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Not necessarily related only to Star Wars, but how do ya'll deal with sets from the bad years of brown and dark red pieces?? I'm feel like I can't enjoy my Gunship/ Most republic ships, Sail Barge, MTT, Sandcrawler etc.. due to pieces breaking constantly. I have been extremely lucky so far that no stickered pieces have broken in the UCS Sandcrawler for example, but many of the other parts have broken, especially plates. Not a SW set, butI pulled out my Mines of Moria set to build again and a whole 4x10 brown plate has just snapped in half while in storage with exactly no weight on top of it, the roof of my Palace Cinema is best described as shards of plastic.

Many of the 2012-17 SW sets are highly sought after collectors things now so replacing some of the parts is ridiculous. Does anybody have any advice regarding this situation? Replacing the sticked parts seems nearly impossible.

Not sure there is any solution to out-of-print stickers other than buying the parts or a new sheet on Bricklink (other than finding a custom reproduction) but for normal parts you can ask for them through LEGO's replacement part service. 

2 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

Does anyone know whether legocity_prez on IG has reliable info? They just posted a list of some of next year's polybags, including 30680 (Star Wars) listed as an AAT. Not sure if this is legitimate yet?

FalconFan just confirmed that on their IG, so I guess it was reliable.

Now patterns are patterns until they're not with Lego but it is worth noting that pretty much all the dedicated "polybags" (not to be confused with the magazine gifts) have ended up being sets that same year.

So maybe an AAT in 2024? They do seem to be doing some more Ep1 stuff this year so maybe it's the return of the Tan AAT? It would be unusually soon for a remake of that nature but that would be pretty cool.

Now as much as I would prefer a blue one, I wonder if we'll see an MTT to go with it? That would be a hell of a summer wave for Trade Federation fans if so.

1 hour ago, Hhalcyon said:

Now patterns are patterns until they're not with Lego but it is worth noting that pretty much all the dedicated "polybags" (not to be confused with the magazine gifts) have ended up being sets that same year.

So maybe an AAT in 2024? They do seem to be doing some more Ep1 stuff this year so maybe it's the return of the Tan AAT? It would be unusually soon for a remake of that nature but that would be pretty cool.

Now as much as I would prefer a blue one, I wonder if we'll see an MTT to go with it? That would be a hell of a summer wave for Trade Federation fans if so.

Man, I had been thinking we were getting a poly clanker bus this whole time because I confused aat and mtt in my head. Maybe as part of a battle of Naboo set I could be on board but otherwise I hope there is no correlation. 

4 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

He is reliable. 

Still have had no luck finding any sets early. Might go out later today for one final scrounge.

Also, it's getting to be that time 👀 possible some Venator leaks coming up here shortly...

45 minutes ago, Old Master said:

Still have had no luck finding any sets early. Might go out later today for one final scrounge.

Also, it's getting to be that time 👀 possible some Venator leaks coming up here shortly...

Do you know something? Or just optimistic? Haha 

8 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Do you know something? Or just optimistic? Haha 

Extrapolation based on past years and known release-dates, I believe. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

19 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Extrapolation based on past years and known release-dates, I believe. 

Correct, I have no information haha. Just making a comment based on the time frame and what we've seen in the past.