MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

A reminder since Ahsoka is dropping tonight, please avoid spoilers for 1 week after each episode is released. And for all our Americans, please be especially sensitive. Ahsoka will release Tue night for you, but super early Wed morning for everyone in Europe. So if you're in the US you could be ready to talk about the episode right after watching it when most everyone in Europe won't have had a chance to watch it yet.

I mean I’m the U.K. used to be 8 in the morning but now I can watch it before work so I’m quite happy it’s coming earlier 

39 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Brick reporter confirmed battle pack got regular phase 2 clones

He also says that the build is either an Octuptarra or an ARC-170 - It is clear that he is just cobbling together all of the various rumours and speculation regarding the set.
Move along. Move along. 

Question for folks (and especially if you have the sets in hand), which between the T-6 and the E-wing set seems like the more interesting build??

After seeing Ahsoka (Which might be my favorite show from SW so far even if Andor might still be critically better), there's a TON of set potential just from the first two episodes:

Playsets:

Spoiler

Our new hallway scene with Shin and Baylan, the fight at Ezra's home, the starting temple fight.

Ships:

Spoiler

Shin and Baylan's shuttle, Morgan's shuttle, The Eye of Sion/Outbound Flight (Though that may be a little less likely given the size)

I think we'll definately see more from the show in 2024, even if it's not as spoilery, just off how much material there is in these episodes alone.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Not much of a spoiler but I'll tag it any way.

Spoiler

I'm not one to get too fussed about the size of a ship compared to its figures, but these first two episodes reeeeeally made me wish they had gone significantly bigger on the T-6 Shuttle. Maybe I don't remember it in CW, but i didn't realize how much interior the ship is meant to have. I thought it was more like Slave I, or even the Razor Crest, narrow hallways leading to the cockpit, not an entire penthouse suite! So many scenes from the trailer I didn't realize were on this ship.

42 minutes ago, Archer said:

Not much of a spoiler but I'll tag it any way.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not one to get too fussed about the size of a ship compared to its figures, but these first two episodes reeeeeally made me wish they had gone significantly bigger on the T-6 Shuttle. Maybe I don't remember it in CW, but i didn't realize how much interior the ship is meant to have. I thought it was more like Slave I, or even the Razor Crest, narrow hallways leading to the cockpit, not an entire penthouse suite! So many scenes from the trailer I didn't realize were on this ship.

Spoiler

I think it is pretty comparable to the Razor Crest. The ship as a whole has a larger footprint because of the huge wing, but the habitable space isn't enormous--what we saw in these two episodes has to have been about all there is. Since this is explicitly a shuttle it uses the space a bit differently, as basically one open room for passengers with the small separate bedroom bit instead of the RC's more cramped space with all the equipment (keep in mind that Mando had an entire carbon-freezing setup in there--he had spae, it was just full of stuff), but the total habitable volume should be in the same ballpark. It's certainly quite a bit smaller than the Falcon, for instance.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

After seeing Ahsoka (Which might be my favorite show from SW so far even if Andor might still be critically better), there's a TON of set potential just from the first two episodes:

Hope not. We need sets with the new characters, not with the same 

10 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Hope not. We need sets with the new characters, not with the same 

I could see them doing the 1st ship in MandoKnight's list & ships always have the potential for miscellaneous add-on character(s) (e.g. the old Phantom II w/ Thrawn).

18 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

He also says that the build is either an Octuptarra or an ARC-170 - It is clear that he is just cobbling together all of the various rumours and speculation regarding the set.
Move along. Move along. 

Now we're cooking.

Id love to see a little $10-20 set with the original phantom in scale with the new one that could fit on the ghost, would also be a good opportunity to get a new ezra (short hair maybe, although I dont think he has that look with that ship) and if im really dreaming a new zeb would be great.

All these clones and no sets to put them in. I suppose the plain whites can go inside the coruscant gunship like we see them alongside shock troopers in Mando S3. But clone turbo tank or UCS AT-TE would really hit the spot right now 

26 minutes ago, Surge said:

Id love to see a little $10-20 set with the original phantom in scale with the new one that could fit on the ghost, would also be a good opportunity to get a new ezra (short hair maybe, although I dont think he has that look with that ship) and if im really dreaming a new zeb would be great.

He does, in just the first episode of season 3, which is where's it's destroyed.

1 hour ago, Renown said:

Now we're cooking.

20 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Octuptarra it's a fake, right?

What else could it be? @Renown said that the CIS build first appeared in RotS. 

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Playsets:

Hide contents

Our new hallway scene with Shin and Baylan 

Or just an NR battle pack, since we already have all of the other characters. 

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ships:

Hide contents

Shin and Baylan's shuttle, Morgan's shuttle, The Eye of Sion/Outbound Flight (Though that may be a little less likely given the size)

Also a larger Phantom II; the one included in the Ghost is able to dock, but it looks too chibi to display on its own. Maybe we could get Sabine’s speeder as a side-build? 

5 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

@Renown said that the CIS build first appeared in RotS. 

He did? 

5 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

What else could it be?

Octuptarra first appeared in RotS?

2 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Octuptarra first appeared in RotS?

Yes. 

3 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

He did? 

Yes: 

On 8/17/2023 at 10:14 AM, Renown said:

Not a crab, sadly, but debuted in the same media. 

20 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Move along. Move along. 

This. He is just putting together all of the possible rumors (without listing any sources, I might add). The whole "if I put together enough possibilities maybe I'll get one right" kinda thing. 

If the Octuptarra droid is correct, that would be quite nice though. Thanks @Renown for clearing that up! 

52 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Also a larger Phantom II; the one included in the Ghost is able to dock, but it looks too chibi to display on its own. Maybe we could get Sabine’s speeder as a side-build? 

I see Lego doing a UCS Ghost in a few years to replace the Razor Crest as the second Disney-era UCS set. 

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

Flawless Cowboy, minifig size or close to it?

I’d imagine minifig scale wouldn’t be too unreasonable, considering the ghost is similar in size to the Falcon

1 hour ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

I’d imagine minifig scale wouldn’t be too unreasonable, considering the ghost is similar in size to the Falcon

The ghost is bigger than the falcon in all dimensions. And very much thicker. I doubt lego would risk a minifig scale version, the size, piece count and therefore cost would be prohibitive. I'd guess it'd cost a couple of hundred more than the falcon.

3 hours ago, ginja said:

The ghost is bigger than the falcon in all dimensions. And very much thicker. I doubt lego would risk a minifig scale version, the size, piece count and therefore cost would be prohibitive. I'd guess it'd cost a couple of hundred more than the falcon.

Probably more than that. It's not that much longer, but with the extra width and bulk the Ghost ends up having three or four times the volume of the Falcon. Rebels never focused on that very much, but they had six people living in there with mostly their own bedrooms, a much larger sitting area, a huge internal cargo bay, etc. BrickVault's minifig-scale Ghost is more than 13,000 pieces. An official set could probably get by with fewer than that, but it'd still be ridiculously huge.

4 hours ago, ginja said:

30 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Probably more than that. It's not that much longer, but with the extra width and bulk the Ghost ends up having three or four times the volume of the Falcon. Rebels never focused on that very much, but they had six people living in there with mostly their own bedrooms, a much larger sitting area, a huge internal cargo bay, etc. BrickVault's minifig-scale Ghost is more than 13,000 pieces. An official set could probably get by with fewer than that, but it'd still be ridiculously huge.

Minifig scale is a range, not a set number. Hence why the enormous discrepancy in sizes in “minifig scale” UCS sets, the Slave 1 is way too small and the Razor Crest is way too big, for example, relative to the Falcon. It all depends on what element they use as the focal point for their scaling. 

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

It's not that much longer, but with the extra width and bulk the Ghost ends up having three or four times the volume of the Falcon. Rebels never focused on that very much, but they had six people living in there with mostly their own bedrooms, a much larger sitting area, a huge internal cargo bay, etc. BrickVault's minifig-scale Ghost is more than 13,000 pieces. An official set could probably get by with fewer than that, but it'd still be ridiculously huge.

It's roughly 30% longer and wider than the Falcon according to Wookiepedia, but double the height. Even if Lego were to shrink it down to the same width and height (or even a bit smaller), the taller bulkier hull shape would still require more pieces and therefore a higher price. Especially if they give it a full interior which many of us would now expect after the interiors they put in the AT-AT and Razor Crest. I'm guessing 10k pieces minimum, and probably over 1k in € and USD. As nice as the Ghost is, I just don't see Lego making a set that big and expensive. Maybe if they eventually make a 3rd UCS Falcon with a full interior, but even that I'm not sure about as the 2017 one is still available now in 2023.

Edited by 1340cc