MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Genuinely surprised at the lack of Mando S3/Ahsoka sets.

Same here! But then we still have the summer. I just feel like a set with Thrawn, Ezra etc. is inevitable.

The set list for 1HY24 is quite exciting! Can’t say many of these interest me, but I’m looking forward to Grogu’s Escape and the Skeleton Crew ship!

33 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

We are not going to get Clones in a different style from what we have been getting since 2020. The most “movie accurate” that they could be is to have scuff marks on their armour (like the 212th in the AT-TE), but even that seems far less likely than just repeats of the battle pack figures. 

That’s a shame as I’m not a fan of the ‘hybrid’ style clones.  For me I’m still waiting on some movie accurate 501st.  The best movie accurate clones we go was the Utapu battle pack from a few years ago. 

12 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The wave overall feels lacklustre from a playscale standpoint

I agree; they definitely seem to be pushing the 18+ sets in the first half of the year (diorama, midi, buildable, UCS, etc.) The downside there is that the 18+ sets routinely have higher mark-ups and fewer minifigs compared to playsets of the same size, even if they are more detailed and appeal to the "adult collector" market. Just my opinion, but I hope to see more playsets revealed in the unknown sets.

42 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It probably came down to the reception of those shows vs. the reception of Mando. 🫤

I feel like it's 100% this, people seem to be forgetting that even after season 1 it took us quite a while to get anything else (and I recall there being speculation that the Razorcrest was fast-tracked to be produced faster so as to capitalize on the show's popularity, though I honestly don't remember if there was any evidence for that). Either way, I think that Mando season 2 only got so many follow-up sets because of how insanely popular the show is. The fact that Mando season 3 isn't getting much is definitely a little surprising, but the lack of Ashoka stuff is hardly a shocker imo. Also, unless I've missed something the only really big characters we are missing from Ashoka are Thrawn and Ezra (assuming they are in the show), and both of them seem like they are all but certainly going to be showing up in future Star Wars projects, so even if we don't get them next year I'm sure we'll be seeing them sooner or later.

Edit: Actually I suppose Zeb might also show up, but again I think he's almost certainly going to show up in future stuff so there's still a decent chance we'll see him again too.

Edited by Meadius

1 minute ago, Legofan2001 said:

What are the set numbers?

I can’t remember if there was an earlier list of set numbers, but 75373, 75377, 75383, 75385, and 75386 are missing from this new list. Then again, there always are some random numbers that are just skipped, so we’ll just have to wait and see. 

The sets revealed sound mostly good. We get a battle pack, a 4+ set, two midi-scale ships, two buildable droids, two dioramas, and two system sets. That’s a fairly good balance, and aside from another, albeit smaller, buildable R2, they are all mostly new and interesting. 

Now just to wait and see how well they turn out. 

14 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

I can’t remember if there was an earlier list of set numbers, but 75373, 75377, 75383, 75385, and 75386 are missing from this new list. Then again, there always are some random numbers that are just skipped, so we’ll just have to wait and see. 

The sets revealed sound mostly good. We get a battle pack, a 4+ set, two midi-scale ships, two buildable droids, two dioramas, and two system sets. That’s a fairly good balance, and aside from another, albeit smaller, buildable R2, they are all mostly new and interesting. 

Now just to wait and see how well they turn out. 

I do wish the R2 weren’t happening but all these sets have me thinking what IF the big 25th anniversary TPM set is a Buildable Jar Jar in the style of Chewbacca? 😂 Like sure it would be weird but honestly it’d be epic at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

I do wish the R2 weren’t happening but all these sets have me thinking what IF the big 25th anniversary TPM set is a Buildable Jar Jar in the style of Chewbacca? 😂 Like sure it would be weird but honestly it’d be epic at the same time. 

It should finally be the year of the the Naboo Royal Starship if anything, after the razor crest was produced in grey there is no reason this can’t be either. 

2 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

It should finally be the year of the the Naboo Royal Starship if anything, after the razor crest was produced in grey there is no reason this can’t be either. 

Naboo Royal Star Cruiser I could see working as the May 4th Set tbh. If lego really wanted to blow us away though they’d release an MBS Theed Palace for 400-500 dollars. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m surprised we didn’t get any other Kenobi or BoBF sets after the initial releases. A couple from each with some missing key characters would have been great 

Exactly!! Sure, the two shows were not quite as well-received as Mando is, as @Classic_Spaceman points out, but both of them still have a lot of set potential. For instance, a set with a Rancor, a Scorpenek, Cad Bane, Krrsantan, Din, Boba, and Pyke soldiers would print money, regardless of how the show was perceived. This whole sequence was basically Filoni, Favreau, and Rodriguez smashing all their toys together, so of course it would make for an excellent toy :laugh:

But yeah, it’s probably too late now. I hope Ahsoka gets treated a bit better! Skeleton Crew might be a one-off too, so they’d better include all the main characters here :tongue: Good thing that’s actually doable with a set of this size

8 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Naboo Royal Star Cruiser I could see working as the May 4th Set tbh. If lego really wanted to blow us away though they’d release an MBS Theed Palace for 400-500 dollars. 

Both I’ll be happy with.  It’s time for the prequels to get some love again! 

Have we any idea what the UCS set is and also what rumoured UCS sets are to be released as I lost track of that? 

pure speculation here but i wonder seeing as Lego love their stud shooters whether they’ve tried to get a mould for the B2s arm to be a stud shooter built in. 

but anyway the “super battle pack” I think needs at least one droideka in as well as a few B2s. 

the Grogu escape could be 2 speeders one with clones chasing Grogu that’s the only way I can see it being worth the money unless it is a corridor scene like the dark trooper attack (which was a similar price point).

is there any chance someone has seen the wrong thing and instead of the tantive boarding diorama it’s a rogue one diorama? I get now why there is only one fleet trooper in Yavin now (which is still wrong) 

I thought Jabbas sail barge was coming out next year? And didn’t someone say there was going to be 2 battle packs (£18 ones).

what’s the odds on the midi scale shops having figures? 

8 minutes ago, Llewop said:

pure speculation here but i wonder seeing as Lego love their stud shooters whether they’ve tried to get a mould for the B2s arm to be a stud shooter built in. 

but anyway the “super battle pack” I think needs at least one droideka in as well as a few B2s. 

the Grogu escape could be 2 speeders one with clones chasing Grogu that’s the only way I can see it being worth the money unless it is a corridor scene like the dark trooper attack (which was a similar price point).

is there any chance someone has seen the wrong thing and instead of the tantive boarding diorama it’s a rogue one diorama? I get now why there is only one fleet trooper in Yavin now (which is still wrong) 

I thought Jabbas sail barge was coming out next year? And didn’t someone say there was going to be 2 battle packs (£18 ones).

what’s the odds on the midi scale shops having figures? 

I think the sail barge rumour came about because of the leaked preliminary imagines you know, just like the Harry Potter ‘UCS’ Burrow.  We may never get that.

5 hours ago, Old Master said:

Does this news warrant the creation of the 2024 thread?

Eventually. You're fine to keep talking about both 2023 and 2024 stuff here for now.:yoda:

10 minutes ago, Old Master said:

In the new MandR video he quotes someone at 1:10 (idk where the source is) that the clones in the Battle Pack will be shinies.

Will have been the prelim. They might be, they might not. Wouldn't read too far into it.  

3 minutes ago, Renown said:

Will have been the prelim. They might be, they might not. Wouldn't read too far into it.  

Can you comment on the build? He says that it will be some kind of small ARC-170 - Is that true? Is that all that there will be, or is there a chance for something like a crab droid? 

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

Can you comment on the build? He says that it will be some kind of small ARC-170 - Is that true? Is that all that there will be, or is there a chance for something like a crab droid? 

Mini ARC-170 is miles out. 

2 hours ago, Llewop said:

I thought Jabbas sail barge was coming out next year?

The larger UCS/MBS set typically comes out in the fall, whereas the smaller set comes out in May. When and if the Barge is released, it won't be $230 (or likely anything close to it).

28 minutes ago, Renown said:

He told there are 4 the same shiny clones. For the whole Lego Star Wars history it's the first time battlepack contains 4 same clones.So i doubt this "leak" is true  

Edited by Duke27

Phase 2 Shinies would be awesome. I wonder if we’ll see any Phase 1 clones again anytime soon. Kind of a shame they’ve been so scarce.