MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

27 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

show came out in end of May and sets were released on August 1

Sorry, yes, correct. set did come out in August, but it was revealed early. It's possible there will be reviews of the new sets soon-ish but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also new image of the inquisitor figure set to come out with the T-6 has been revealed, they look very, very cool. I am so excited for that set

Edited by Fulcrumfan91

9 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Also new image of the inquisitor figure set to come out with the T-6 has been revealed, they look very, very cool. I am so excited for that set

where? I cant find it

Edited by omegabadbatch

My favourite figure so far is the heavy clone trooper from the battle pack. I've been playing BF2 for the first time this year and I did lots of coop missions with a friend of mine as a heavy.

7 hours ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

I don't think so, I think both Ahsoka and Sabine figures will be based off of these versions: 

Ah, that's good, I didn't spot that part of the trailer (assuming that's where you got that image).

7 hours ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

If it is long-haired Sabine tho, that'll still be a wonderful figure tho lol

Yeah, would just be a massive L if they did her jacket instead of her armour.

4 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

My favourite figure so far is the heavy clone trooper from the battle pack. I've been playing BF2 for the first time this year and I did lots of coop missions with a friend of mine as a heavy.

That's very interesting. If we put sentimental value aside, do you mind them not having shoulder cloth pieces or is that something that you don't care about?

7 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

That's very interesting. If we put sentimental value aside, do you mind them not having shoulder cloth pieces or is that something that you don't care about?

I always prefer cloth pieces but I'm just too old-fashioned to care about a high amount of accuracy, or arm print or all that. If stormtroopers would still look like the 2008 version I wouldn't complain at all.

1 hour ago, Big_Daddy said:

I always prefer cloth pieces but I'm just too old-fashioned to care about a high amount of accuracy, or arm print or all that. If stormtroopers would still look like the 2008 version I wouldn't complain at all.

Oh that's fair.
Honestly, I would take 2008 or 2002 stromtroopers over these new ones any day.

Cannot wait to see Rosario Ahsoka as a minifig as well as Sabine. Do you think we will get Ahsoka with dual molded arms as seen from TSS? I feel like that and the mobile game have been a pretty good source to get an idea thus far.

25 minutes ago, Old Master said:

Cannot wait to see Rosario Ahsoka as a minifig as well as Sabine. Do you think we will get Ahsoka with dual molded arms as seen from TSS? I feel like that and the mobile game have been a pretty good source to get an idea thus far.

I don’t think so. Aside from possibly Rex, the TSS designs haven’t been a good indicator of what the physical minifigs would end up looking like, as evidenced by Commander Cody, Yavin IV Luke, and Kuiil. 

I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned the Sabine helmet leak, I mean it looks real to me, and if it is, then that's the outfit we are getting for her. I hope her hair is included too.

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'm surprised noone else has mentioned the Sabine helmet leak, I mean it looks real to me, and if it is, then that's the outfit we are getting for her. I hope her hair is included too.

Just saw it oh my goodness it is bloody gloriouussssss

Aslong as it’s accurate, I’m happy. 

Lego can only design based off of the material. 

From what I see, it’s accurate. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

I just realized that the Yoda head mould from the Tenoo Jedi Temple set isn’t symmetrical, and has the slight upwards twist on Yoda’s left ear, which isn’t captured on the normal Yoda mould. Which is probably because the normal Yoda mould is based on the prequels Yoda model, where the ear twist is the least prominent of any Yoda design in a show or movie.

6 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

hmm

4 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

Captain Vaughn would disagree...

I mean that they can’t add anything to the design to make it more appealing; the Vaughn case is Lego have simply omitted details for the design hence why we critique it. 

Huh, haven‘t realised before the leak that Sabine now has a grey helmet in the show. I don‘t dislike the new look, but I was kinda hoping for a dark pink one as the dark red piece we got back in the day wasn‘t overly accurate :shrug_oh_well: 

Nonetheless, even just judging by the descriptions and small handful of leaks, the September wave is easily looking like the best wave this year. Hopefully the sets will live up to the hype :excited:

Sabine helmet is sick imo. Is it just an early render or is that 1:1 what we will get in that set? 

Bit of a change in course, and correct me if I am not allowed to speak about this seeing that it's the 2023 thread. In terms of 2024, there's already a rumored Sail Barge UCS - has that rumor held up so far to anyone's knowledge? Also, has anyone heard anything solid about any other 2024 sets? 

With Jabba on the production line, I know people were also saying the canned 2023 diorama will potentially just come next year for logistical reasons. I was crushed to hear about that cancellation especially with a new rumored Boushh fig. I don't buy the argument that they pulled it due to the insensitive connotations the 2012 one caught flack for since BoBF palace came out and a Jurassic Park set features an identical dome piece on it.

44 minutes ago, Old Master said:

In terms of 2024, there's already a rumored Sail Barge UCS - has that rumor held up so far to anyone's knowledge?

I don't believe there's any actual confirmation, but the leak of the early designs for the Sail Barge suggest it's definitely likely to be released in the next year or two.

42 minutes ago, Old Master said:

Sabine helmet is sick imo. Is it just an early render or is that 1:1 what we will get in that set? 

Bit of a change in course, and correct me if I am not allowed to speak about this seeing that it's the 2023 thread. In terms of 2024, there's already a rumored Sail Barge UCS - has that rumor held up so far to anyone's knowledge? Also, has anyone heard anything solid about any other 2024 sets? 

With Jabba on the production line, I know people were also saying the canned 2023 diorama will potentially just come next year for logistical reasons. I was crushed to hear about that cancellation especially with a new rumored Boushh fig. I don't buy the argument that they pulled it due to the insensitive connotations the 2012 one caught flack for since BoBF palace came out and a Jurassic Park set features an identical dome piece on it.

Matches the brick and prices interface style render so it should look pretty much like that.

5 hours ago, Old Master said:

With Jabba on the production line...

...Jabba mech.

In all seriousness, very happy with the fig selection in the new gunship, can't wait to see pictures. Plus, these Ahsoka sets seem to be shaping up really nicely.

So reading the brickset review of the Tenoo(oooooo) jedi temple, the new Yoda head is a rubbery material. I'm disappointed by that, my CW Yoda ( and 2011 Dobby and 2014 flash) have all lost print due being rubber parts that just don't hold on to the paint very well. I always prefer proper ABS parts especially when there's print involved.

7 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

So reading the brickset review of the Tenoo(oooooo) jedi temple, the new Yoda head is a rubbery material. I'm disappointed by that, my CW Yoda ( and 2011 Dobby and 2014 flash) have all lost print due being rubber parts that just don't hold on to the paint very well. I always prefer proper ABS parts especially when there's print involved.

Completely agree, and have experienced the same myself. I also have seen Kit Fisto heads and Shaak Ti montrals losing most of their print over time.