MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I can't pass up 5x points. I actually really like the Justifier and the Andor set but the prices on them were just waaay too high. At least LEGO realizes that and made it more enticing to pick them up. I'll hit up my local LEGO store on Tuesday. I don't know if I'll be able to swing the Justifier but I can at least grab the Andor set.

Edited by ToaDraco

Absolute insanity dealing with the website tonight. I just finally got my order through at 2am EST; this was way more difficult than even last year's sale :(

What sucks is that i saw the executor set that was out at a local Walmart and it’s one of the sets I’ve wanted that sold out fast. Now I hope my only chance to get one is at the local lego store.  We will see. 

Edited by eldiano

8 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Is the Death Star Plans promo not available in Australia? I bought the two Mando s3 sets + a snowtrooper BP to get the DS promo, but only the X-wing and DS were added to my cart, and I can no longer find anything about the plans on Australian LSAH.

Called LEGO customer service about this, and they confirmed it had just gone out of stock really quickly and ended up giving me AU$20 worth of VIP points as an apology lmao. Those guys are great.

Travelled an hour to the southampton store. Queued up. Out of stock of the razorcrest so left empty handed. Frustrating.

Was able to order 2 Mando sets and get the Death Star Plan promo no problem in France. I didn't remember that the Spider Droid set doesn't come out till August. That's a long wait!

Went online this morning (6am local) and Executor was sold out, I will try the store when it opens now but was planning on ordering online.  (going for Fang Fighter/ Tie Interceptor and Executor)

Seems like poor planning on Lego's part overall (saw the comments about the GWP running out above, and then a set running out within hours online with no back order option).  Hopefully the stores are better off.

Edited by Lordhelmet

Terrible planning by LEGO. I love the coin GWP so I wanted to get a battle pack and the Endor speeder chase (turn the base of it into a clone battle scene display + speeders and figs looked so good), but they were out of the coin in less than 20 minutes if they even had it in the first place.

8 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

How long was the Lars homestead available for last year? It was more than a day. 

Dunno, but I remember missing out on the Revan polybag years ago. I remember not being able to get the mandalorian battle pack in 2020. I remember not being able to grab the executor when I woke up this morning.

I'm not sure why you seem to think things don't go out of stock day-of, they very much do.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Dunno, but I remember missing out on the Revan polybag years ago. I remember not being able to get the mandalorian battle pack in 2020. I remember not being able to grab the executor when I woke up this morning.

I'm not sure why you seem to think things don't go out of stock day-of, they very much do.

Limited quantity GWPs are fair but as I said, last year’s homestead was in stock for a while and this year’s offerings are much less desirable and exclusive. 

As for retails sets. Sure, you won’t be able to pay overpriced MSRP for a shiny new set on day one…oh no? 

Did not expect this for May the Fourth event this year. Somehow the website always struggles but it seemed to be much worse this year. 

Got the UCS X-Wing. Surprised to see the SSD go OOS so quickly. Was thinking of going to my store (3 hrs away) this weekend but maybe not if that is gone and the promos too. 

Running out of GWPs is one thing, but immediately going out of stock on a new set is a worse look, especially when the point of the Executor was at least in part to make up for the limited availability of the earlier Nebulon-B frigate. You'd think they would have made a better effort to anticipate the demand.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's cost them at least one sale this time. I remembered that the 5x points on the Andor set was only in-store after my initial purchase attempt, so now I'm just getting the throne room. (I was extremely on the fence about buying the andor set)

wait the 5x was only in store....

12 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Did not expect this for May the Fourth event this year. Somehow the website always struggles but it seemed to be much worse this year. 

Got the UCS X-Wing. Surprised to see the SSD go OOS so quickly. Was thinking of going to my store (3 hrs away) this weekend but maybe not if that is gone and the promos too. 

Part of the worse was new disney sets along with Star Wars on the same day!

I had errors for two hours, by the time I could finally purchase my cart, the SSD went from available to backorder, to out of stock, so no SSD, which also killed my promo limit, which forced me to say screw it all!

3 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

So true.
While the queue seemed shorter, the site was almost completely unusable.

I was logged on last night just before midnight Eastern U.S., was able to get through the queue in less than two minutes and started adding items to the cart from my Wishlist.
However, set 75348: Mandalorian Fang Fighter vs TIE Interceptor was suddenly unlisted and I could not add it for at least 30 minutes.
Then, when I went to my cart to see what had been added, I was prompted with some odd sort of error message over and over again.
After a few more tries I was given the queue page again and required to wait.

I decided to just wait until I awoke 6 hours later when I was also able to add 75348, apply VIP rewards, and successfully checkout.
All of the gifts with purchase seem to be properly applied and I was able to order all the sets I wanted.
But the pain of the process is continually frustrating.

I’m more irritated now because my local Lego store is 50 people deep and the rumor is stores only got 6 executors 😒

9 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I’m more irritated now because my local Lego store is 50 people deep and the rumor is stores only got 6 executors 😒

Ouch!

1 hour ago, Surge said:

wait the 5x was only in store....

In the UK you could redeem 100 VIP points for £15 off online. Don’t know if that was elsewhere too

25 minutes ago, HothFan1987 said:

In the UK you could redeem 100 VIP points for £15 off online. Don’t know if that was elsewhere too

This is the same for Canada. ($15 CAD off for 100 VIP points aka the value of $1 CAD)

The website was a bit of a pain last night, but I was able to place my order for the Justifier within 40 minutes of 12 am, thankfully that I was only ordering one set and already had it in my cart.

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

Anyone know whether to be eligible for the Death Star 2 whether the threshold is the amount spent before taxes or is that after taxes?

12 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Anyone know whether to be eligible for the Death Star 2 whether the threshold is the amount spent before taxes or is that after taxes?

I believe it is before taxes. So, in the US, if you are at 149.99, I don't think that makes the cut. 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

18 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I believe it is before taxes. So, in the US, if you are at 149.99, I don't think that makes the cut. 

Yeah, these typically are before tax.  In-store I’ve had them give me the promo if I’m a cent short (like, I remember a few years ago there was a promo for $40+ and I think I bought two $19.99 sets, the guy still gave me the promo even though technically I was at $39.98), but obviously online it’s not going to do that.

1 hour ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Before taxes, but doesn't count VIP points.

I am finally watching Andor, and the show is superb! It is a shame there is only one set, and the Andor fig does not look that much like Andor, imho. Where is B2EMO, Mon Mothma and Dedra, Lego?