CopMike

What New Themes or Sets would you like TLG to make?

A previous suggestion i made, that wasn't indexed so here it is againwith more reasoning.

There are a lot of people who make decals for minifigs. which i and i guess a lot of people would like to buy. However to put the decal on you'll have to remove the printing already on the part and if its your first time applying them, you're bound to get it wrong/not as good as it should be. so youu end up with a ruined minifigure that can't be reverted back to how it looked earlier.

So my suggestion is to sell blank minifigure parts that are available to buy from factory. (no printing on any pieces meaning it will be cheaper to produce.) to use specifically for transfers and things.

TLG could offer people hands and head in yellow, for town, space ect, and brown and flesh for licensed themes as well as torso and leg pieces in various colours.

Edited by simonjedi

I would love to see a new monorail, preferably one compatible with the previous system. I understand the molds for the track have been destroyed or something like that, but surely it can't be that difficult to reverse-engineer it...

Well, given that LEGO is offering the Medieval Village via Shop@Home, I hope they take this one step further and consider a line of village accessories. In the History and Adventure forum Klaus-Dieter made this wonderful suggestion and I would love to reiterate it here. I am all for a medieval village theme that includes a wide range of professions and trades. Merchants, tailors, coopers, glassblowers, and artisans are all welcome. As I stated earlier in the thread, I'm more about expanding and enrichening existing themes rather than simply adding another flash-in-the-pan theme that is forgotten six weeks after it is released.

I would like to see a new type of rail-based transport.

Exactly I would like to see a tram - I think its easy to make a car whatever you want to have. The real deal - rails. Existing for railroad are too wide and more important - too high. Its a problem to add them normally over the road or street in your town layout. Saying in other words TLG would be right to do a new rail system for them, smaller and narrower from only plastic - accums would be alright with it.

And it would be a really good addition to the City theme,fresh and an original one, not just rerealising of old popular themes.

Thks.

Wild West theme but not located in North America

Yes, some Mexican sets would be great.

But in fact I wanted to have some new Wild West sets which take place in North America (like the amazing old theme from 1996/97).

And for the City theme (but it of course could be used in the Western theme, too) I would like to see to see a roundhouse with three places to store engines. I think that with the new power functions an electric functioning turntable for the engines would be a great idea, too. And I'd like to see more additional train stuff like buildings, stations, depots, engine sheds, waggons, service vehicles, minifigs, ... in the City theme as well as in a - hopefully - new Western theme.

As a whole new subtheme for the City theme I'd like to see some Winter/Christmas sets: Christmas Fair, Santa Claus' Carriage with reindeers, snow-covered house, snow-covered train station, big Christmas Tree with electric lightning, ... Kids love Christmas and winter, so this theme surely would be a success.

And as a whole new subtheme for the Western theme I'd like to see some Ghost Town sets (like the excellent MOCs of our members Brickminer and TheBrickster): Ghost Town, Haunted Stage Coach, Haunted Windmill, ... With the big success of many fantasy elements in the new "Castle" theme, this Ghost Town theme would surely be a big success.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Nice to see this tread re-open :classic::thumbup: . This are my suggestions to TLC:

- Please, release in the Star Wars theme a Rebel Medium Transport, a Dexter Dinner and a Felucian Rancor with 2 different Felucian natives :wub: .

- Release a Jurassic Park theme for the next movie (Just like the indy line).

- Final but not less important release more incredinle detailed playset in the Star Wars theme like the new 10188 Death Star.

I'dove to see some USC stlye vehicles. Here are a few ideas...

- Hummer (Militray or civilian )

-Military tank

-Chevy Corvette

-Chevy Camaro

-Ford Mustang

-Mercades Benz Unimog

-Classic Jeep (military or civilian)

-Land Rover Defender 90 or 110

Detail like the new VW beetle, but with a little more function. Like sterring and suspention simuar to the real vehicle ( indapendant front and rear suspention on the Hummer, soild axles on the land rovers, Solid rear axle on the Mustang ETC..)

Also,i know its already been suggjested, but i'd also like to see a modern military theme! I know this can be done, and would be very sucesfull!

Edited by 5150 Lego

My Ideas are:

Castle theme:

A peasant's village with all ramshackle wooden buildings, chickens and rats, streams of brown 1x1 tiles running down the street to represent poo.

A more wealthier setttler's village for people who were a bit wealthier, but not aristocratic or royal. Have larger stone buildings with gothic features, but not as big as castles.

A place where Pages and squires train to be knights with the training aids they used.

Have a System circus and zoo theme.

Have a System travelling agricultural carnival theme with working rides, caravans with carnival food and drinks being served, entertainers walking on stilts, sideshow games, exhibits of farm animals and domestic animals that are judged, carvans and stands with people selling toys and novelties and a circus.

New moulds for chickens, roosters, ducks.

Have a minifigure scale VW T1 split window micro bus and a minifigure scale early 1980s VW Type 2 T3 Transporter/Vanagon.

Edited by LEGO Maniac JEM

- Hummer (Militray or civilian )

-Chevy Corvette

-Chevy Camaro

-Ford Mustang

I´d like to second these! But I´d like to specify them a little more.

- 1979 Chevy Corvette

- 1983 Chevy Camaro

- 1969 Ford Mustang

If possible, add another instructions booklet for an alternate build with the parts present:

- 1979 Corvette alternate: 1990 Corvette or 1969 Corvette (the Mako Shark)

- 1983 Camaro alternate: 1967 Camaro, 1979 Camaro or 2008 Camaro Concept (as seen in Transformers the Movie)

- 1969 Ford Mustang alternate: 2006 Mustang

And I´d like to add:

1977 Pontiac Firebird (Alternate: 1979 Firebird. And it has to be black with gold details :cry_happy: )

1982 Pontiac Trans-Am (Alternate: It´s obvious! "KITT" from "Knight Rider")

1984 Pontiac Fiero SE Notchback (Alternate: 1988 GT Fastback)

DeLorean (Alternate: Again it´s obvious: The Time Machine from "Back to the Future", but I´m afraid a lot more parts would have to be included for this alternate. Maybe the other way round? Remove the additional parts of the Time Machine to get the regular DeLorean as the alternate model...)

So much for the UCS models.

I wouldn´t say no if those cars would be available in Minifig-Size, too! Maybe a set like the 10200 Custom Garage, but with classic American sports cars instead of Hot Rods. I already bought the Custom Garage just because of the cars, although I´m definetly not collecting the city theme, but a "Classic American Sports Cars" set would actually convince me to start collecting sets like Café Corner, Green Grocery, Market Street and so on. Meaning the more "mature" City-sets.

In fact, a lot more civilian cars have to be made for this adult-aimed city theme!

Next up, here´s a suggestion for Factory:

To my understanding it was the overload of big and expensive sets in 2007, that killed the Exo-Force line. However, there are a lot of fans of Mecha-themes that would like to see a continuation of Exo-Force. Maybe it would be practicable to release Mecha-Sets that have the Exo-Force feeling in the Factory line?

A set like Star Justice or Space Skulls, with a small base, a vehicle, a big Mecha, a small mecha and maybe a small flyer would be awesome!

If it´s impossible to relaunch Exo-Force as a theme, then just add one or two factory-sets a year :classic: (I´d volunteer to create the models :tongue: )

How about a "chess theme" where you can buy the master set (board plus classic pieces) and then there are more sets with factions based on different themes. This way people could buy their favourite faction then have a game.

I'm curious what themes LEGO is considering to do. I'm still yay-ing my Homelife-theme, but I've seen some which were very good too.

What about for Castle, a set where you have this cave, and a dragon, a knight, and maybe something else. The Knight has to defeat or 'tame'/befriend the dragon. I think it can be a very fun set to play and to build. The player can decide whether the knight kills (well, "defeats") it, or jumps on it and flies away to fight the skeletons. You can do much with dragons in LEGO sets :-) I don't know, it could be fun.

Going further on the 'Roman' theme, I think an Asterix licensed theme would be great. So many things there that can be Legonized very well - Obelix's body could be on the same mold as Hagrid, etcetera... And who wouldn't like Lego boars and menhirs? The complete village (okay, four or five cabins) would be a top-end set, a Roman camp another one, the fish shop or blacksmith's shop or 'ambush in the woods' would be smaller sets, and the druid with the cauldron would make a nice impulse set.

Yes! I thoght of this to, but I kinda forgto it then. It's agreat idea. I'm just afraid LEGO thinks it's not popular enough out of Europe, but I personally think this would be amazing. This way, LEGO can use the Roman set, but without the confronting war-and-death-theme, since the Romans in Asterix are only punched knock-out. The Roman camp ans the Village would be the opposites of eachother (sorry for crappy grammar), and boar-hunt for example (with one or two romans) could be a small set, like the size of rebeltransport or so. By the way, fathers (and mothers maybe) have probably read Asterix themselves alot, so parent wouldn't be hard to convince to buy. (They would convince their children instead :P)

This could be a very good theme, if LEGO would consider it though...

Edited by Mr.Brick

A Ferrari F40 supercar, with working gears and suspension. And studded. Lights built out of bricks, NOT sticker headlights.

In the line of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner: Concorde, Boeing 747, maybe a space shuttle carrier (7470-compatible?).

Edited by Richie

I think a cruise ship would be nice. Not one huge set, but lots of little modular ones. So you could buy the bridge, buy the loung, buy the lifeboats, the pool deck, the theatre etc. Probably not profitable, but what do you guys reckon?

Maybe some kind of Robin-Hoodlike subtheme in Castle. But instead of robbing the rich (which would be the king) they would be robbing the bad (the skeleton army). Two examples: a set with some kind of carriage of the skeleton faction (all bony and freaky, black and red of course) with stolen jewels etc., a tree and three 'robbers'. a set with the hideout for the robbers (don't know a better word for them) with some larger trees, bridges connetcing them and maybe something else.

edit: a bit like the forestmen (sub)theme from long ago :-)

Edited by Mr.Brick

Some more ideas for new themes (which were - in difference to Romans which I really would like, too - not mentioned):

Egyptians (e. g. a big pyramid, ) (not in the grave robbers' style of 1999 (?) - which was nevertheless a great theme - but a historic theme like the excellent one Playmobil released)

Greeks (e. g. a battle of Troja set)

Stone Age (e. g. caves with prehistoric men, mammoths, ...)

a new on the Classic Castle oriented Castle theme (nearly) without all that fantasy stuff

As for the Star Wars theme:

OT Battle Packs which include at least one captain/officer/sergeant/lieutenant/commander/... (the importance and the majority of votes (more than 70% for at least one captain/...) for that was discussed here))

Home One, but as whole ship (similar to the brilliant minifig scaled ISD)

Obi Wan's Home & Tusken Raiders with Bantha

Yavin Four Rebel Base

redesigns of older sets (like e. g. Cloud City, Mos Eisley Cantina, ...) with more scenery and more new minifig characters

As for the Castle theme:

add-ons like proposed here for the brilliant 10193 Medieval Market Village

hut for the dwarves

As for the City theme:

add-ons for the new great Farm theme:

- tractor with that and manure-barrel

- old farm house with little garden

- Farm BP: farmer with pitchfork and some typical farm animals (cows, pigs, ...)

zoo

market garden

Legoland Park with dragon roller coaster and Miniland

fair with big wheel

the Legoland president's limousine with the president of Lego City, a chauffeur and some bodyguards

riot police

special police forces

park

big public swimming pool (open air and/or inside)

stadium

big town hall

churchs (of all religions)

school, university

housing area

industrial area

central business district

mall

Lego Store

forest theme (e. g. forester's house, high seat, jeep, poachers with motor boat and helicopter, deer, ...)

Thanks for reading! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

For "License" theme I would like to see HALO (since it was stated as one of the choice). Although I never play the game before, but I think it will be cool. As usual, LEGO can create the vehicle from HALO universe as the vehicle are pretty cool. Besides that , LEGO can create battle packs for this theme to boost our army. Since HALO have it own strategy game (correct me if I'm mistaken), HALO Wars, LEGO can create the base as well. I think this HALO theme will be better as there will bases for your army and vehicles.

Cool, someone who agrees with me. There are a lot of vehicals and creatures that you could put into LEGO form. Just think, great brickbuilt Elites, molded Spartan helmet and armour, and 100% Minifig scale Pelicans and 'Hogs, wouldn't that be great?

A Reboot of Harry Potter Lego.

The majority of sets were released in my dark ages, and there are tons of minifigs that need to be made. There's a new film out soon as well.

There also needs to be a Lego Harry Potter Videogame, similar to LSW, Lego batman and Indy. IMO Harry potter suits the style of game or make it like the newer film tie ins and have it free-roaming

There also needs to be a Lego Harry Potter Videogame, similar to LSW, Lego batman and Indy. IMO Harry potter suits the style of game or make it like the newer film tie ins and have it free-roaming

I agree, that would be awesome, Avada Kadavra, Crucio!

I would like to see Torchwood, BMW, Porsche, Thunderbirds and perhaps "perhaps" James Bond although there is already Agents.

Greets, The-Force!

I think a cruise ship would be nice. Not one huge set, but lots of little modular ones. So you could buy the bridge, buy the loung, buy the lifeboats, the pool deck, the theatre etc. Probably not profitable, but what do you guys reckon?

I'd love to see a cruise ship, but personally it would be better in the City line as a large set at about $120 with 12 figs, a boiler room, a few bedrooms, and a dining hall. Knowing lego the hull will be one piece though. :hmpf_bad:

I have a very special wish for a set which wouldn't really be new - but I'd really like to see

a redesign of the awesome Castle set 6060 Knight's Challenge :wub:

6060-1.jpg

It does not necessarily need to include the original charecters - but undeads, trolls, orcs and all these other fantasy creatures would really destroy this excellent set and/or a redesign of this brilliant set.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Perhaps a Heroes of Might and Magic-ish theme. Just a continuation of the current line of castle sets. But I'd like to see more and bigger monsters.

Imagine...

HUGE cyclopses.

Big griffins.

Large demonic creatures.

But I think it'd be too much.

I have a very special wish for a set which wouldn't really be new - but I'd really like to see

a redesign of the awesome Castle set 6060 Knight's Challenge :wub:

6060-1.jpg

It does not necessarily need to include the original charecters - but undeads, trolls, orcs and all these other fantasy creatures would really destroy this excellent set and/or a redesign of this brilliant set.

Klaus-Dieter

This I see possible... :) Maybe as the Jubille set for this year. This is just my opinion.

This I see possible... :)

I don't. :sadnew: This would just be 7009 Final Joust with an added tribune and "refreshment" stand. :sceptic: But sure, I'd love to see something like that too, especially if the tribune would be done as nicely as the buildings in Village Marketplace! :sweet:

As for me:

Honestly, I'm so happy with all the great themes out there right now that I don't have much to wish for. The only thing I'd really like to see would be a well executed steampunk theme, with a lot of creative flying machines and vehicles in a tan, brown, and (dark) grey color scheme! :sweet: I think that would be a very imaginative theme with a lot of possibilities!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi