CopMike

What New Themes or Sets would you like TLG to make?

Look buddy, I don't give a crap if you're in a bad mood.

And I've got news for you, LEGO's made themes out of SEVERAL other shows, idiot.

Now go take that brick out of your megablocks and learn about respect and civility.

I don't mean to "mini-mod" or get off topic, but you two need to quit arguing. This a mature site, meant for mature people, so please just quit. And Darth Legois, please quit critisizing everyones hopes. Afterall, this is a wish-list like topic. I want HALO and Military, he wants Code Lyoko, just deal with it. I wouldn't ctitisize you on what you wish for, so please stop. Again, sorry for "mini-modding."

This thread is for serious suggestions/ideas about themes & sets. Not a chatroom where you call each other names etc.

And preferable you should have some knowledge in what are the base & "moral" that LEGO uses, like weapons, nudity etc.

For now there seem to be a lack of that among certain people, not all. But this will make me close this thread for a while, during this time:

• People will calm down
  • I will read all suggestions and make that into a list that LEGO gets
  • I will place that list in post #1 in the tread so people can see what´s been suggested already and NOT do it again

Stay tuned.

CopMike

Open again for business :thumbup:!

Update 2008-10-12

This is basicly what´s been suggested so far in a short version. TLG has the list & the link to this tread.

PLEASE read through this before suggestin the same yet one more time :cry_happy: !

General themes:

Arabic style, crusades, the whole Richard vs Saladin

Aztecs or Incas, maybe with Conquistodors

Wild West theme but not located in North America

Ninja theme

Futuristic theme, maybe with mechs

Fantasy Era theme. Elves, legendary monsters, mystical objects, mighty heroes

New space theme in the colours of one of the Classic Space themes

Steampunk

Classic spies

Another, better adventures line

Surfing

Retro space

Chinese theme

Time travel theme

More animals (chickens, sheep, cows, pigs etc.), combined with a farm theme

WW2

World Explorers—modern extension of the "Adventurers" theme. A team of explorers (and maybe some nogoodnik rivals as well) that search for sunken treasure, ancient treasures - vehicle and location-oriented.

"Studio" themed sets:

The Mummy

Jurrasic Park

Pirates of the Carribean

Lord of the Rings

Harry Potter, smaller theme in Studios

The Matrix

"License" themes:

Age of Empires III style

The full Justice League

Heroscape

The Mummy

Jurassic Park

Tintin

Hellboy

Iron man

Dr.Who

Nintendo theme

Starcraft theme

HALO

A Back to the Future Trilogy theme

Space Pirates or Air Pirates (like Crimson Skies)

Alice in Wonderland

Peter Pan

The Elder Scrolls-not just oblivion, the whole series

Lego EarthBound-not just earthbound/Mother2, the whole series

TLG themes:

Fabuland, mark II

Paradisa, mark II

Aquanauts and Aquasharks style

Specific objects:

Big Ben

Sydney Opera House

London Bridge

Mount Rushmore

The White House

Kremlin

US Capitol Building

Washington Monument

Jefferson Monument

Lincoln Monument

World Trade Center

Space Needle

CN Tower

Sears Tower

Arc de Triomphe

The rest:

An expert Technic line, really big sets with over 2,000 pieces

Volkswagen Type 2 bus, a 1950s Diner, a clothing store, and some new modular buildings

Ferrari Cars in minifig scale that are not F1

A elevated train system

UCS old computers

A new ninja/samurai line

A moonbase system

Some sort of landscaping system

Generic houses in multiple colors

Assorted civilian vehicles

A mountain cabin

Generic Gunships/AT-TE – for army building without minifigs

A table top game series

CopMike

Licensed Theme:

-Battlestar Galactica, you have to make it :)

Specific object:

-Hagia Sophia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia

General themes:

-Technic - A super car like 8448/8880/8466

-Castle - Elves!! And more sets that doesn't involve "violence". We could use taverns, chicken pens, blacksmiths, windmills and that sort of things

-More girlie things like Paradisa. Belleville and all those themes were not so interesting for older girls.

What I don't want:

-Historical events.. They may bring up arguments about politics of nations, we wouldn't want that.

-Electric elements in every set. It increases the prices. We had 8292, 8293 & 8297 with PF parts last year and many more in the previous years. We have lots of motors and battery boxes that has no use. We could have spent our money on more parts instead.

Thank you for your great toys!

Edited by cagri

Building on from Alice in Wonder land and Peter Pan I think Fairytale themes would be good an popular with young children although I wouldn't like to see this in Duplo.

I just want to point out a big mistake in your list.

Wild West theme but not located in North America

That was in my post, but it was meant as a sarcastic reply to someone's suggestion about non-manga mechas. If you think about it, Wild West not located in North America is a total paradox, because Wild West was in the USA, nowhere else.

So that wasn't a suggestion, it was my attempt to be witty. I apologize. :hmpf:

Edited by Sandy

I would really like to see the "African" explorers (not the same as the suggested World Explorers, and I don't care if it would be historical or not, I just like the theme a lot), I think this would be a fun theme since it offers so many: fighting between the explorer and his team and some local tribesmen, semi-cultural information, many diversity by adding more then one tribe (eg. the bushmen, the Zulus, slavetraders, the...)

In addition some treasures like diamonds and gold, digged up by the locals in some mines can play a role (think about Salomon's mines for example :wink: )

And we shouldn't forget about the fact so many different animals can be found in the jungle ! (not only existing like monkeys, parrots, ... but also some new ones like panthers/lions, large cobra-like snakes, apes (not monkeys, but big human-like apes) and so many more (perhaps even a slightly evolved "apementribe").

Minifig factions:

1) The GOOD guys :classic: :

- The explorers: they try to discover new/lost civilisations and tribes, and then help them. They have respect to ancient cultures and their sacred relics (and treasures) and help to protect the animals from the hunters.

- Local tribe(s): protecting the animals and their treasures. (eg. one tribe has diamonds, another one protects the animals and another one mines gold or Legomium, this way TLG can choose between one larger set or many small to medium ones, or a large + more smaller ones...you get the point)

2) The BAD guys :devil: :

- The "apementribe" (or they could be good too off course)

- A second team of explorers (black or dark minifig team with cages, a lot of weapons, basically they are here for the treasures and relics, and to capture wild animals. Anyone who stands in their way will be removed by then in a non-friendly way, one set could represent the evil explorers and another one could be animal/apemenhunters).

- POSSIBLY (if it would be an extended theme): some headhunters, or another evil tribe.

3) NEUTRALS :alien: :

- A native tribe: not that developped, armed with spears and bows and arrows, only defending their grounds (or attacking randomly), they could belongc to the good guys as well.

- The animals (that are taken care off by a good "apementribe"?, meaning a non-violent one!)

An "African styled" jungle. Packed with trees and animals, and inhabited by the most ferocious tribes and other unknown races...called "LEGROARIA" (Lego + roar(s) from the animals :wink: )

Just my thought about a new theme...

Legororia is actually pretty catchy. I think the theme could catch on. I would like to see some new animal moulds and seeming as we are already getting new cows it can't hurt TLC to make some more new ones can it?

all I need is the pirate theme, with more ships ! we NEED ships ! :P

and maybe a licensed manga-based theme, like a One Piece theme ( what, it's pirate theme again ? and so what :P )

I know this has probably already suggested, and I know there are already prelim. pictures, but I really just want TLG to make an ongoing pirate line that lasts for awhile. I was in love with the old pirate theme and im sure everyone else who enjoyed the old pirates will enjoy this new series if it lasts for awhile.

Sculptures:

A large Gateway Arch from St. Louis (like 10181 Eiffel Tower).

Large, licensed model of a modern train locomotive (like 10177 Dreamliner).

Trains:

With the new Power Functions train line starting in 2009, more licensed, realistic models (like the 10170 TTX or the Santa Fe series).

Other:

Using new Power Functions elements, a minifig-scale carnival or fair with small, moving rides.

For "General" theme LEGO can go for the Fantasy Era to complete the current series, which is the Elves. Since the previous released always have 2 factions which is skelies and human, troll and dwarves, LEGO can come up with Elves and Dark Elves.

As for the sets, LEGO can go with their battle pack, bases, even tree house (sorry, I do not know much about Elves). IT would be great if we can complete the whole series of collection for fantasy era.

On the other hand, ninja theme seems to be great too, as usual LEGO can make battle packs with them, a hide out, a ambush, a carriage, the shogun castle etc.

For "License" theme I would like to see HALO (since it was stated as one of the choice). Although I never play the game before, but I think it will be cool. As usual, LEGO can create the vehicle from HALO universe as the vehicle are pretty cool. Besides that , LEGO can create battle packs for this theme to boost our army. Since HALO have it own strategy game (correct me if I'm mistaken), HALO Wars, LEGO can create the base as well. I think this HALO theme will be better as there will bases for your army and vehicles.

Edited by baby

We need more lego pirates!After all,who does not love pirates.A new theme that I think would propsper would be Halo!After all,after the 3 best selling games.It would be geat to recreat scenes of all of them using lego :classic: War themes would be great too like call of duty 4!I would love to see more star wars lego from their new games like the force unleashed and battlefront 2.

I didnt see it in the list, a Roman theme.

Firstly based on the military side, later on a town set like the new castle set for example with a market, temple etc.

Otherwise an "ancient" theme including Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, etc.

TT

also, anything military (from any times) subtily included in other lines would be greatly appreciated :D

Edited by Tanotrooper

An Aztec / Inca theme would be nice with ancient ruins, temples, jungle and matching minifigs. This could go the way of "Cortez" (a Spanish conqueror at the time) featuring Inca's against the Spanish invaders or something like Adventurers with an archeologic background.

Basically, the Adventurers Jungle theme (with minifigs like Señor Palomar and Max Villano just to name a few) was pretty close to what I would like to revive again.

Going further on the 'Roman' theme, I think an Asterix licensed theme would be great. So many things there that can be Legonized very well - Obelix's body could be on the same mold as Hagrid, etcetera... And who wouldn't like Lego boars and menhirs? The complete village (okay, four or five cabins) would be a top-end set, a Roman camp another one, the fish shop or blacksmith's shop or 'ambush in the woods' would be smaller sets, and the druid with the cauldron would make a nice impulse set.

My own suggestion that could really work would be a swimming pool theme. With swimming pools that can be actually filled with water (so that would be big blue containers with studs on the rims, like an inverted 3D baseplate). A big one could have competion lanes and fans sitting on the stands. A medium sized one would have some recreational swimmers, a diving board and dressing rooms. And a small one would have a palm tree and reclining seats.

Build the set, fill it with water and the play value is excellent (actually I am thinking about a MOC with water but I'm not sure what to use fof the pool since it doesn't exist - make it brickbuilt is not waterproof!).

Only drawback could be parents who don't want water in the playroom...? I don't think this woud be a very big objection.

I couldn't read through all this so I hope I add to someone's suggestion...

Idea#1: I don't think you can ever go wrong with Animals, and Dinosaurs... I suggest you look into 'Museum' themed sets. You can incorporate tons of cool Animal and Dino pieces, as well as some really nice architecture and mini-fig pieces. Has there ever been a Lego Cave-Man? ...Well now there could be, along with a Mastodon! Add in some other 'bone' creatures and I can't fathom those sets not selling.

Idea#2: Lose the decals. ...They're really not cool. It's a cheap solution that compromises the value associated with 'Lego'. I don't believe Mega Brands even uses decals. ...Just raise the price or come up with better brick solutions... Just keep the decals off the bricks.

Idea#3: Lose the Rubber heads. ...Lame. 'Real' Lego bricks can last a lifetime. But not the rubber ones. Again, either raise the price, or come up with a better solution. Don't monkey around with a time tested approach that's been working for you.

Idea#4: I enjoy the idea of some 'Legend' style Technic sets. Some of the clunky, old motorcycle and car sets (and I mean this in the best way) are really beautiful.

Idea#5: Continue to include additional instructions on how to incorporate 'power functions' into sets that do not come with any power function parts. You've done this a few times to great effect. Please keep it up and look into the possibility of incorporating them into Star Wars sets... Pirates?... Museum? ;)

Idea#6: Continue to make 'Army Building' sets for Star Wars, but add additional varieties of these sets that include: Towns People, Pirates, Aztecs... Various other types of Mini-Figs. ...Maybe include 1 random Mini-Fig... so some are more rare than others. There's great opportunity here. ...Maybe 'animal-only' sets?

Idea#7: Make more girl Mini-figs!

...That's it for now. Keep up the good work. Please consider the Museum theme, and lose those decals! ;)

I still say make more molded animals. I am so totally stoked about the cows that are coming out, but what about the other farm animals like pigs, goats, sheep,rabbits and chickens. I would prefer a designated chicken then one thrown together with spare parts.

I would also like some molded wild animals for a zoo or circus subtheme or the Indiana Jones theme. Some camels, lions, hippos, girraffes, rhinos and a zebra would be awesome. Easy example for a zebra would be to paint the LEGO horse with some black stripes and lose the harness.

Some real futuristic stuff!

(NOT the colorul type!!!)

Bley mechs,futuristic tanks and spaceships!

This would keep more teens and im sure itll be a sucess.

And an army game with minifigures and dices,buildings and warmachines.A game like Warhammer and that.with elves orcs dragons and other fantasy middleage things.

Expandable armies and all.

I would pay a LOT of money for Fabuland redux. But bring the old animals back before adding any! They were my old pals when I was a kiddo. :cry_happy:

Edited by takuto20

Here's a good one:

Ed, Edd n Eddy

Sets could be based on scenes from any episode in the series, just like Spongebob. You could use colored Technic ball-joints as jawbreakers, a yellow version of Irina Spalko's hairpiece as Nazz's hair, and much, much more! But keep Ed's skin yellow, please. I've been begging for this to happen! Now, if only LEGO could sign a contract with Cartoon Network for it to come true... :cry_happy:

Examples:

Creek Cruise Chase- Includes Ed, Edd, Eddy, Jonny & Plank, Jimmy, and Kanker Sisters (Lee, Marie, & May); based on "Avast Ye Eds" episode

Robot Rebel Ranch- Includes Space Outlaw Eds, Sarah, Jimmy, and giant robots; based on "Dawn of the Eds" episode