5 hours ago, Rjbricks said:

Hideout still available as a GWP in the UK and now the VIP pirates pack gets bundled in too.

Should have waited a day after all…

Yep, I had forgotten the Pirate pack started today. Luckily the staff didn't.
And there were a (limited) number of silver Falcon torso's in the BAM section. Managed to assemble 4 of them, in addition with the blue Magisto and a princess of sorts.

For what it's worth, the manager at my local store told me they only got 102 Forest Hideout sets and that they were supposed to only go with the castle, unfortunately they forgot to tell anybody that part.

Not sure if that is just a cop out or what he imagine happened, or if there's some truth to it.

Edited by Johnny1360

To anyone who is interested in an alternate build for this set I have recently created one myself. My source of inspiration for this alternate build is the 'original alternate build' (?), from 1990 ideas book 260

I've also modified the original slightly for autumn. When I have more sets and time/inspiration I might try making another alternate build, or mix up multiple sets into a larger one instead :grin: 

It's been a long time since I did any forum stuff so please forgive me if I did things wrong 

Here are the pictures

That looks great. I love it! I know exactly which model from the book you're referring to. That's a great book.

It seems to be sold out in Europe now. I sure hope they still have one for my order, which they have yet to process...

Sadly, the best way to deal with FOMO limited promotions like this is to buy first, refund later.  You get 90 days to consider keeping your regular purchase, while the GWP you can decide to keep (pay their internal price) or return with the rest.

Technically speaking, the set is purchaseable on its own if you hack the system and just refund the lot and pay for the GWP.  They give you a gift card with the credit you have from the return.

1 hour ago, Triceron said:

Sadly, the best way to deal with FOMO limited promotions like this is to buy first, refund later.  You get 90 days to consider keeping your regular purchase, while the GWP you can decide to keep (pay their internal price) or return with the rest.

Technically speaking, the set is purchaseable on its own if you hack the system and just refund the lot and pay for the GWP.  They give you a gift card with the credit you have from the return.

Do you wanna get banned /blacklisted from buying Lego in the store or online that badly? Doing what you suggest is against terms of service, as far as I know!

29 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Do you wanna get banned /blacklisted from buying Lego in the store or online that badly? Doing what you suggest is against terms of service, as far as I know!

I've been told directly from an employee that this is what they normally would do if you make a return without the GWP.  Such happens if anyone opened the GWP before the other items and decide to make a refund, as they do not accept returns of opened product and would have to charge the internal standard pricing.  This actually happened to be last december where I bought the Medieval Castle 3-in-1 on a whim and got the Santa's Front Yard GWP, but decided to do a full return of the castle even though I'd already opened the GWP.  The employee told me that they normally would have to charge $40 (CAD) for the GWP since it couldn't be returned.  Being Christmas time, he was nice enough to 'let it slide' and merely let me keep it.

YMMV, but this is direct word from a Lego store employee to my ears.

If there is any contrary information to this, I'd like to hear the official clarification for it, otherwise 'threats of bans' doesn't really mean anything to me if this is my understanding of their return policy.  They could always refuse a return of product, but I've never personally encountered that with returns of unopened product.

Edited by Triceron

If the GWP is available at the time you submit your order, it will show up in your cart and will appear on your invoice. If it's not in your cart or on your receipt, you almost certainly won't receive it.

Edited by Warbinator

2 hours ago, Warbinator said:

If the GWP is available at the time you submit your order, it will show up in your cart and will appear on your invoice. If it's not in your cart or on your receipt, you almost certainly won't receive it.

Damn. I ordered it right on time too.. well, time to give my money to some scalpers on BL

I just built this set, it's a fun build. Full of nostalgia, and it's great to see both new Forestman torsos and - especially - new versions of the classic shield. Absolutely loved it. :pir-wub:

On 8/2/2022 at 1:32 AM, woodford86 said:

End of the day everyone getting annoyed at the GWP running out of stock (rightfully so), the real crime here is that it was a GWP in the first place. The product is 100% complete and ready to sell, it would have done so much more for the castle theme if they'd just put it on shelves for a year instead.

Agreed. I'd have loved to see this on sale on its own rather than as a gift with purchase. We could use some more affordable castle themed sets too. 

It was the only GWP they have had that actually had me buying stuff to just to get the GWP.  If there were many like me to the point that LEGO noticed it, hopefully it will encourage them to release it again.  Or better yet, a new similar GWP.  Of course I would also be thrilled if they sold it for $25 on the website at some point.  But doubt that will happen.

id love a GWP of 6059: Knight's Stronghold Its 10 pieces more and only 4 dollars more the the original RRP of the Forestmans Hideout. 

6059-1.jpg

42 minutes ago, natesroom said:

id love a GWP of 6059: Knight's Stronghold Its 10 pieces more and only 4 dollars more the the original RRP of the Forestmans Hideout. 

I would definitely be targeting that one too.  Of course, if they are going to give us Black Knights, my dream would be another castle in black to rival 10305.  There are still plenty of goodies left to throw like some of the shields that weren’t included this time.  That’s probably being too hopeful.  But it’s always possible if they make enough money on this one.  I just hope they do the BK at some point as well as the rest of the forestmen.  They keep going around the edges on the forestmen and not giving us the whole thing.  The bricklink castle had nothing printed. Then we got only the red torso and green hat.  It’s like they are taunting me.

Edited by Black Feather

23 hours ago, natesroom said:

Actually, one of the first sets I spotted on ebay and that pulled me out of my dark ages! Would be cool to see something in that style or even better another sea serpent.

I agree - 6059 (or maybe something similar to accompany 10305) would be a great GWP. I'd like to see a return of that style of set - castle battle packs that include a wall section to add onto an existing castle. I'd like to build my own version of that to go with 10305.

I did get another Forest Hideout with my Galaxy Explorer order, despite having gotten one under the same VIP account in June. I'm excited to see how it looks next to the castle once I'm done building it.

On 8/7/2022 at 3:21 PM, natesroom said:

6059-1.jpg

Had this set as a kid. Was very fun.

6036: Skeleton Surprise did not have the gate from 6059, but I did build wall section from it. It was a small set, yet it had 4 castle panels and one of those Castle Turret tops.

Edited by TeriXeri

One of the things i miss about legos today vs then is: Back then (80/90) i felt it was so modular. Even a somewhat lame 6036 (8.99) by itself was actually pretty cool because there was no way it was just going to be a one off. Your parents would get all 3 or 4 small sets for your birthday or xmas and the big one was for the opposite holiday (generally). It was actually fun to put together and then connect to the rest of whatever you had. I think that is missing today. The general mindset is "each" set has to have some playability. 

This set has one play - the knight roams around and guards the castle and might get spooked. that is it. And it was great. it could easily clip to 6059 or any other small set.

The modular look of many classic Castle sets is what was so great about em.  You had everything from Wizard shops to Drawbridges to large Towers and more.  There was a huge spread of carts, outposts and polybag stuff to fill out a village, or moc up into one large set.

Like everyone, I do wish they continued making new updated Castle themes.  There's so much untapped potential still left to explore.

But I guess that's also the beauty of being an AFOL and literally being able to create moc's, or buy non-Castle sets and convert em into whatever we want.  We don't really have to wait for Lego to make a move at all, we can already go out of our way and just do it.

I'll say, if there's one thing I really want Lego to make, it's a classic fantasy style Adventurer's Tavern.  The place where I can display all the CMF adventurer's I've built up over the years and have as a setting for them to all chill between adventures.

4 hours ago, Triceron said:

But I guess that's also the beauty of being an AFOL and literally being able to create moc's, or buy non-Castle sets and convert em into whatever we want.  We don't really have to wait for Lego to make a move at all, we can already go out of our way and just do it.

I agree with this and I like it, but we do rely on Lego to produce castle-compatible parts (doors, windows, hinges and gray bricks) and -- critically! -- minifigures.  I have been out of the hobby since the mid 90s, and I can't believe how few good castle minifigures I missed.  I'm waiting for a "peasant with goat" CMF or at least for the forestmen to show up on PAB.

Most of the bricks we need are readily available from many other sets, and we don't need to wait on Castle theme to make a move.

Like the peasants cottage moc I made is 80% built from parts from Hagrid's Hut 2019

InvyVz.jpg

That's just one of many sets that can be repurposed into Castle themed creations.

But I totally agree, we really should have a better source for Castle minifigures and it's been a long-time coming for more different Peasant CMFs.  I actually hope it doesn't come with a goat, because it'll be probably hunted down so much that I'd never be able to find one on store shelves.