jtooker

VIKING VILLAGE Ideas set via Target vote

On 7/27/2023 at 8:56 AM, RichardGoring said:

Giant insects closing in on the village, being valiantly defended by the Vikings?!

….Okay you give me a wild idea. I may need a giant insect for Modular Building! A giant insect attacking an urban city!

anywaays, I hope Viking Village would be great that I can buy it off shelf once I see an offical image and/or review.

10 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

Will this set have snow or will it be like the second Lego ideas submission?

We do not know. It was elected from the first version, the one called "more realistic" and with a snowy environment. But in the meantime its second version with bright colors has reached the 10k votes required to receive the LEGO Ideas evaluation. Although it was rejected in the end, one can imagine that both versions are taken into account for the final result.

10 hours ago, Akbalder said:

Will this set have snow or will it be like the second Lego ideas submission?

Well, it’s too early to know. However, we will know about what it looks like in a few months at least!

Judging by the current situation, I can't believe somehow that the rumored price is true. It's either less parts or it'll be more expensive. I'm not into viking or winter location sets at all but my castle collection is in such desperate need of a (peasant) village, that I really look forward for some leaks.

On 7/27/2023 at 11:39 PM, Black Feather said:

Maybe they noticed after they committed to this that the Viking 3 in 1 wasn’t selling as well as they hoped.  So they cut costs with little or no new parts and/or preemptive discount to encourage sales and cut losses.  Hope not the case.  But odd that the 3 in 1 is retiring so soon.

I never liked the 3 in 1 Viking ship, tje colours, the helmets, all very fantasy like with hardly any historical accuracy.. it may be the case that this also plays into it being not that successful..

8 hours ago, LegoAUT said:

I never liked the 3 in 1 Viking ship, tje colours, the helmets, all very fantasy like with hardly any historical accuracy.. it may be the case that this also plays into it being not that successful..

I’m okay wiht fantasty-themed Viking ship. I don’t care for historical accuracy. 

On 7/30/2023 at 5:32 AM, brimbolet said:

Judging by the current situation, I can't believe somehow that the rumored price is true. It's either less parts or it'll be more expensive. I'm not into viking or winter location sets at all but my castle collection is in such desperate need of a (peasant) village, that I really look forward for some leaks.

I need Viking Village for a Medieval type village as well, but you have current options depending on your color scheme that I have thought about including in my medieval town.  The Creator Castle has an option for a Medieval market village.  Dreamzzz has a fantasy mini-village that is more market stalls, but some of the more radical colors can be subdued by removing some pieces.  Creator Pirate Ship has a build that is an inn/tavern that could work in a Medieval era as well.  Creator Viking Ship has a house build as well.  Blacksmith is probably too rich for a peasant village, and next to the Creator Castle it suggests a middle class uprising.  I've put my castle on books to suggest it is bigger.

Or you could just wait for the Medieval Village coming next year!  Price rumors are 240, so the priciest option, but it is rumoured that it can serve as 4 half buildings. It's not a direct remake with new jobs for the Minifigures and different color scheme.  I prefer the old set's coloring, but this new set will be much more affordable.

8 hours ago, Mopasali said:

Or you could just wait for the Medieval Village coming next year!  Price rumors are 240, so the priciest option, but it is rumoured that it can serve as 4 half buildings. It's not a direct remake with new jobs for the Minifigures and different color scheme.  I prefer the old set's coloring, but this new set will be much more affordable.

For now, we don´t really know if it is even coming. As far as I know the only informations about it where that leaked surveys, if I didn´t miss something. Then again, the old Medieval Markes Village is one of those, that are highly recommended, so don´t see why they shouldn´t make one. Still, nothing is certain yet and even if it comes then who knows if next year. 

11 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

For now, we don´t really know if it is even coming. As far as I know the only informations about it where that leaked surveys, if I didn´t miss something. Then again, the old Medieval Markes Village is one of those, that are highly recommended, so don´t see why they shouldn´t make one. Still, nothing is certain yet and even if it comes then who knows if next year. 

Definitely we don't get confirmation from Lego until a month before release for most sets.

A few weeks ago there was additional information from Brickclicker that identified the price and piece count.  So at least two pieces of information on it.  There may also be a new practice of releasing remakes of old Lego sets, such as El Dorado this year and the rumored Lego Moments line, so that may also be suggestive.  But yeah until Lego says, it is not guaranteed.

4 hours ago, Mopasali said:

A few weeks ago there was additional information from Brickclicker that identified the price and piece count.  So at least two pieces of information on it.  There may also be a new practice of releasing remakes of old Lego sets, such as El Dorado this year and the rumored Lego Moments line, so that may also be suggestive.  But yeah until Lego says, it is not guaranteed.

The price range and piece count are both from the leaked surveyso there were no additional infos there.

I’m getting impatient with waiting for so long… I know this set will be released in October but still…

Anyways, I wonder if thi set will include stickers or go free-stickers. I hope it’s the latter…

According to Brick Clicker, the set will be officially revealed by Target on September 1st! Not too much longer before we get to see it!

15 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

According to Brick Clicker, the set will be officially revealed by Target on September 1st! Not too much longer before we get to see it!

Isn't Target notorious for putting some items on shelves early? But perhaps since this is an exclusive, they will keep the lid tight. LOL!

On 8/22/2023 at 9:26 AM, JohnTPT17 said:

Can’t wait!!!!

On 8/26/2023 at 11:01 PM, hikouki said:

Is this set going on the shelves by Sep 1st? Shouldn't there be leaks by now? LOL

Supposedly revealed Sept 1, but releasing Oct 1. 

33 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Supposedly revealed Sept 1, but releasing Oct 1. 

Seems really odd for Target to do a reveal like that and then only start to sell it a month later, having lost most of the hype they've generated. I rarely buy sets on day 1, so I don't particularly care. Just seems like an odd decision for a generalist like Target that is trying to reach a mass audience.

8 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

Don't expect a lot from the minifigure selection from this set. I heard it has like 4 figs.

Is it known if they will reuse the torsos from the Creator set? I'm not really interested in the set. The only thing that might be interesting for me are the decorated parts and minifigure parts and probably most of all if they do the 'parrot' in black.

7 minutes ago, MAB said:

Is it known if they will reuse the torsos from the Creator set? I'm not really interested in the set. The only thing that might be interesting for me are the decorated parts and minifigure parts and probably most of all if they do the 'parrot' in black.

I think only 2 figs reuse torsos from the creator set. (Also all of the figs have leg printing :wink:)

Initial impressions are that it looks really good. I like the layout and flow. The modular aspect is a bit confusing, as it doesn't look like you can rearrange it? Also not sure where 2000 pieces go into this, as it doesn't look that large, but the $130 price point seems good.

Excited to see more detailed reviews and getting it.

19 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Also not sure where 2000 pieces go into this, as it doesn't look that large, but the $130 price point seems good.

Combined with the stated price giving a low price per part, I guess there will be a lot of smaller parts in it.

Looks pretty good, will buy this one for sure. But 4 minifigs only? That's lame.

Edited by sahidko