jtooker

VIKING VILLAGE Ideas set via Target vote

Very nice to see this potentially made, voted on it.

Not so nice is if it remains region/continental exclusive to Target (hopefully at the very least at LEGO.com in Europe for example)

Edited by TeriXeri

9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Very nice to see this potentially made, voted on it.

Not so nice is if it remains region/continental exclusive to Target (hopefully at the very least at LEGO.com in Europe for example)

Can confirm, it will only be Target exclusive in America. The rest of the world will get it normally, and at the very least through Lego.com. 

I cast my vote on the Viking Village. However, I have a strong suspicion that the Mini-Golf might come out on top.

8 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Why do you think so? 

I was only going with my gut, really. Granted, I have no idea who frequents the LEGO IDEAS webpage or not - but out of the three that one seemed to me like it could have the most appeal to "the general public". It feels like both the Viking Village and Marine Life might have more of a niche audience, while a lot of people have probably encountered Mini-Golf (and it looked as if there were some moving parts perhaps?).

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Viking Village before and I still do. I really want it to win, but I also don't want to set any expectations that will make me disappointed and sad later!

5 minutes ago, Frike said:

I was only going with my gut, really. Granted, I have no idea who frequents the LEGO IDEAS webpage or not - but out of the three that one seemed to me like it could have the most appeal to "the general public". It feels like both the Viking Village and Marine Life might have more of a niche audience, while a lot of people have probably encountered Mini-Golf (and it looked as if there were some moving parts perhaps?).

You may be right, but the Viking village would pair very nicely with the Viking longship that is coming out, which is something that I think LEGO would take into consideration (they could even reuse the prints and moulds from the ship!). 

2 hours ago, Frike said:

I cast my vote on the Viking Village. However, I have a strong suspicion that the Mini-Golf might come out on top.

I came, clicked, and ended up voting for the mini-golf. It has charm.

39 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

ended up voting for the mini-golf. It has charm

I almost voted for it.  I really like the set and would be perfectly happy if it got picked.  The fish are good too, but I probably wouldn't get them.

That Viking Village is a terrific build/set. I voted for it when it originally appeared and had hoped Lego would approve it.  Let’s get it done this time!

They are all nice sets but I voted for the Viking Village which I originally supported.  The comments on Ideas seem somewhat split between the Mini-Golf Set & the Viking Village.

Falcon Fan over on Instagram did a poll on Instagram abd it was 63% Viking village, 26% mini golf and 11% marine life.  Obviously not a perfect sample but it bodes well for the Viking village.

On brickset mini-golf seems to have the major popularity, so I suppose it really depends what audience visits a site.

Vikings set is going to win easily. It's as sure as death and taxes.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

On brickset mini-golf seems to have the major popularity, so I suppose it really depends what audience visits a site.

Then your feeler for what is popular is wrong. It's going to be the Viking set. You also know this.

46 minutes ago, Something_Awesome said:

Then your feeler for what is popular is wrong. It's going to be the Viking set. You also know this.

I hope it's viking winning too, just saying comment sections on social media aren't really indicative of actual final votes, 80 comment is also a very small amount , to what's probably 1000s of votes (2 more weeks to vote to go) :thumbup:

Edited by TeriXeri

Viking Village will win in a massacre. Based on experience I wouldn't doubt castle/historical people to vote in droves, they've never lost.

12 hours ago, Triceron said:

A shame we no longer have Target here in Canada.  All 3 options look pretty good.

As the ideas article says, in other countries the set will be a regular retail set.

The results of the vote and the actual decision of which set to make probably won't be the same. I voted for the Viking village because it looks wonderful and would be a great add-on to my scenery. That said, LEGO and Target marketing people have probably already ordered the mini-golf set into production based on the "cute" factor and appeal to a broader audience.

3 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

The results of the vote and the actual decision of which set to make probably won't be the same. I voted for the Viking village because it looks wonderful and would be a great add-on to my scenery. That said, LEGO and Target marketing people have probably already ordered the mini-golf set into production based on the "cute" factor and appeal to a broader audience.

That's a strange thing to say,why would they have a vote in that case? Or at very least, if they were to do that they why such a small selection to choose between?

You must have a good pogo stick to make such big leaps!

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

That's a strange thing to say,why would they have a vote in that case? Or at very least, if they were to do that they why such a small selection to choose between?

They did (almost) the same with the 90th anniversary set

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Human nature. I've seen this happen too often. As @Bainter-ban said, it has almost happened already. Add in the Ideas program decisions and I see a track record of chasing the profits.

An IDEAS vote happened before, back in May/June 2019 with the eventually 21321: International Space Station winning and being sold in 2020 about 9 months later.

Edited by TeriXeri

I hope we will get Viking Village after this voting poll. But it’s really odd that Lego doesn’t bother with this results. Like they did wiht 90th anniveary set after the voting polls. I am quite skeptical aabout Lego’s actual decision - it’s quite unprecitable.