15 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It's from a market research survey of sets, or maybe these are from a catalogue, or both. But some of them are very clearly still concepts, so they could well be releasing next year and are still being finalized. Or indeed not releasing at all. But they look good, and I hope we do get them. The village will definitely add a lot to the castle.

Research survey? How these works? Lego jist makes conceptc and then send them to who? 

1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

The more I look at the Village set, the more I think that those buildings are small. Maybe two larger buildings would be better. I noticed that they use regular city door in brown instead of those Harry Potter ones (with rounded top). I like the reference to the Lion Knights Castle with the similar tower (possibly a remke of Guarded Inn), but it seems that those houses has open backs… cant wait for the better pictures. If I get the info right this should be 2024 set? Or late 2023? 

Small?! That is my biggest problem with the blacksmith; it is to big so it is not in scale with any other set. This on the other hand looks to be in perfect scale with MMV/MVR and probably the 90 year castle. I think you can close them so you get 2 buildings..

30 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Research survey? How these works? Lego jist makes conceptc and then send them to who? 

Apparently not to AFOLs, because this is the biggest bomb to go of in a while:tongue:

54 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It's from a market research survey of sets, or maybe these are from a catalogue, or both. But some of them are very clearly still concepts, so they could well be releasing next year and are still being finalized. Or indeed not releasing at all. But they look good, and I hope we do get them. The village will definitely add a lot to the castle.

Yeah, the village looks lovely indeed and is the one set from the current batch of leaks that's already a "must-have" for me. I'm curious whether it connects to the Lion Knights' Castle or is just designed to accompany it — but one way or another, the leaked image shares building techniques from that set for its tower, so they will be a good match for each other on display.

I'm hoping these leaked images DIDN'T originate from a survey recipient within the AFOL community, cuz if that's the case it would make LEGO less likely to reach out to AFOLs with this sort of confidential info for market research purposes. But apparently the Rivendell set WASN'T one of the sets pictured/described in the survey, so it's possible that it and these other images were ll leaked from a totally different source like a retailer catalog or toy fair press kit.

I’m the only at a loss here, I don’t have an instagram, Reddit or twitter account and you can’t post leaked images here so I’m just imagining what it would look like, freaking lego haha

then again Nuremberg toy fair 2023 is going on right now 😭

Edited by eldiano

36 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Small?! That is my biggest problem with the blacksmith; it is to big so it is not in scale with any other set. This on the other hand looks to be in perfect scale with MMV/MVR and probably the 90 year castle. I think you can close them so you get 2 buildings..

Apparently not to AFOLs, because this is the biggest bomb to go of in a while:tongue:

I know that Medieval Blacksmith is kinda out of scale un comparison to the MMV/MVR or the recent Lion Knights Castle, but i like it as it is. Actually it is more or less my standard concerning the “right scale”. I made a bit of rocks and elevated terrain to the Castle so it is not looking out of place anymore in my VIP layout. This leaked village is kinda nice with the variety of buildings and side builds. But bigger buildings in MB dashion would be also nice, or even better for my own taste. But then , lets wait till more pics came out. After all, Its Lego and I can make them bigger If I need to :)

Holy Cow! (and calf, and goat, and...) I really hope this is real. We're certainly due for a good civilian set and having it fit with the design style of the Lion Knight's castle is a big plus. Amazing!

The only Thing that comes to mind is the infighting we will have trying to get those pick a brick goats.  Lego will probably price them out at 9usd each and limited them to 35 per person 🤣

31 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Holy Cow! (and calf, and goat, and...) I really hope this is real. We're certainly due for a good civilian set and having it fit with the design style of the Lion Knight's castle is a big plus. Amazing!

Yeah I hope that set is real and with the viking village coming out this year also who knows they might throw a goat in that set to.  My wallet is going to be non-existent this year with all these sets coming if they are all true.  

Looks like it could  be based in Kingdoms?  The Guard looks like it's using the Dragon Kingdom colors.  Hard to tell, I don't think the Dragon Knights were even in the original MMV.  I hope they keep this in theme with Classic, but that's just my preference.  I mean, they're using the yellow and red flags which should be more in line with the Lion Knights anyways.

I'm really happy about the scale of this.  It looks fitting alongside the Castle, at least in better scale than say the Blacksmith.  I think the buildings might still be a big tall and peek a bit over the Lion Castle's walls, but could that could be fixed by slightly elevating the castle.

I really dig the brown trees and I'm happy they went with this.  I do think that it might clash with the black trees of the Lion Knight's castle and the Forest Hideout.  There's also that pine-looking tree in the middle back that could be interesting.

More animals is also great.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  I never really cared for the goat, but it's a nice addition after all the fans wanting it for so long.

I'm not happy about the Jester reusing the Minstrel tunic once again.  I don't like them dipping into the CMF series so directly, and I hope this is just a matter of it being a prototype.

And even if not for this particular set, I still want the Wolfpack to return.  We have a town guard, and we could really use a bandit of some sort (that isn't just more Forestmen).

As for price, I really hope this one is a lot more reasonable than the castle.  I also hope it's not Lego Direct, so I can actually reasonably get this on sale outside of some VIP promo.  I can easily see this being a $300+ (CAD) set.

Edited by Triceron

1 hour ago, Triceron said:

Looks like it could  be based in Kingdoms?  The Guard looks like it's using the Dragon Kingdom colors.  Hard to tell, I don't think the Dragon Knights were even in the original MMV.  I hope they keep this in theme with Classic, but that's just my preference.  I mean, they're using the yellow and red flags which should be more in line with the Lion Knights anyways.

I'm really happy about the scale of this.  It looks fitting alongside the Castle, at least in better scale than say the Blacksmith.  I think the buildings might still be a big tall and peek a bit over the Lion Castle's walls, but could that could be fixed by slightly elevating the castle.

I really dig the brown trees and I'm happy they went with this.  I do think that it might clash with the black trees of the Lion Knight's castle and the Forest Hideout.  There's also that pine-looking tree in the middle back that could be interesting.

More animals is also great.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  I never really cared for the goat, but it's a nice addition after all the fans wanting it for so long.

I'm not happy about the Jester reusing the Minstrel tunic once again.  I don't like them dipping into the CMF series so directly, and I hope this is just a matter of it being a prototype.

And even if not for this particular set, I still want the Wolfpack to return.  We have a town guard, and we could really use a bandit of some sort (that isn't just more Forestmen).

As for price, I really hope this one is a lot more reasonable than the castle.  I also hope it's not Lego Direct, so I can actually reasonably get this on sale outside of some VIP promo.  I can easily see this being a $300+ (CAD) set.

It's a preliminary image and was said to be used to gauge interest so it may not even be a set and the minifigs wouldn't be finalized anyway.  As for MMV there were only crownies and villagers.  If this does come out people will be really excited for this and will sell well by the way people have been wanting more village type sets.  I think it would look great next to the castle and even the 3in1 castle would look nice thrown in together too.  But like I said these wouldn't be the finalized minifigs anyway.  

Pulling my thumbs as far apart as I can and squinting hard but difficult to make out many details and probably not final anyway.  But I do see a forestman hat in there.  Gives me hope they’ll add in one of the other varieties besides the red one. Still hoping for a bigger forestmen set.  But if not, please keep throwing me some bones here and there.  

3 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

Pulling my thumbs as far apart as I can and squinting hard but difficult to make out many details and probably not final anyway.  But I do see a forestman hat in there.  Gives me hope they’ll add in one of the other varieties besides the red one. Still hoping for a bigger forestmen set.  But if not, please keep throwing me some bones here and there.  

I really want to get the forestmen hat in dark brown.

5 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I really want to get the forestmen hat in dark brown.

Does drive me crazy that they don’t have that or the other color feathers yet.  Especially the feathers.  Because they have the mold and the colors and it’s such a cheap little part for them to make.  But they just keep milking the hell out of the red and white which you can buy 100 of for 7 dollars from PAB.  Less than the price of one yellow, blue, or black on bricklink.  

15 minutes ago, JimBaggins said:

That fig has black arms, so maybe it will be one of the forestmen with black clothing. 

That would be awesome.

Yeah, the picture is so low res I have no idea how anybody could accurately guess what faction the soldiers are part of, the only real obvious things are the jester hat and forestman hat on the fig riding the horse.

2 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

Yeah, the picture is so low res I have no idea how anybody could accurately guess what faction the soldiers are part of, the only real obvious things are the jester hat and forestman hat on the fig riding the horse.

It's not obvious enough to look like either the Black Falcons or the Lion Knights, so it really makes me curious what it actually is in there.  If they're going the purist route, it should be the Crown Knights, but it doesn't look like their color either.  But again, blurry image so hard to say either way.

6 hours ago, Triceron said:

It's not obvious enough to look like either the Black Falcons or the Lion Knights, so it really makes me curious what it actually is in there.  If they're going the purist route, it should be the Crown Knights, but it doesn't look like their color either.  But again, blurry image so hard to say either way.

Seeing how it's a preliminary image, I'm sure things will change once we get to a possible release.

For my money I'd prefer it if we got the Lion Knights for the guard roles in this one, if only to ensure they're in more than one set (not to mention it'd fit in nicely with that Guarded Inn update. But I guess we'll see which route they go in!)

I'm pleased to see a Castle is coming. Does that happen much? I'm aware of the fantasy pop-culture types at my stores, but I don't see much of anything having to do with the original Castles. Grounds, maybe a tower, but other than them it's all space, underwater, and cartoon stuff here.

If this becomes a reality I hope that LEGO mutes the colours on the green and red buildings. I think they would look too bright next to the Lion Knights' Castle.

I'm very keen to see what becomes of this leak.

10 hours ago, 0tter said:

If this becomes a reality I hope that LEGO mutes the colours on the green and red buildings. I think they would look too bright next to the Lion Knights' Castle.

MMV is rather colourful and the Castle is not, but I think it will go very well with both (in addition to MVR) :classic:

10 hours ago, 0tter said:

I'm very keen to see what becomes of this leak.

Will be a nerve-racking time before we see definite proof that they will release it :oh3:

On 2/13/2023 at 7:10 AM, Sir Dano said:

Another neat little mod I'll definitely be doing to mine: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-137358/sebbl/custom-castle-doors-for-10305/#details

Thanks for sharing my door mod here :)

Does anyone here have an idea if the designers planned to connect a particular castle set to this technic hole? I looks like it was copied from 6081 that also had that suspicious technic hole.
Of course, many will fit since this interface used to be very common. E.g. 7946, just to name one.

Edit: I just saw that this interface is also being discussed in the medieval village thread. This could be the reason for adding it of course.

400x300.jpeg

Edited by Sebbl

8 hours ago, Sebbl said:

Thanks for sharing my door mod here :)

Does anyone here have an idea if the designers planned to connect a particular castle set to this technic hole? I looks like it was copied from 6081 that also had that suspicious technic hole.
Of course, many will fit since this interface used to be very common. E.g. 7946, just to name one.

Edit: I just saw that this interface is also being discussed in the medieval village thread. This could be the reason for adding it of course.

Yeah, nearly all castle walls in sets from 1984 through 1990 had one or more Technic bricks at their base like this so you could link multiple sets together into one big castle. Since we don't know yet whether the medieval village will be able to connect to Lion Knights' Castle in this same way, the clearest/most definite function of that Technic hole is a place to conconnect it to those sorts of old-school LEGO Castle sets.

There were a few sets during the aforementioned span of years (namely 6034, 6067 , 6081, and 6085) which can't connect directly to the Lion Knights' Castle due to their base extending further forward than the Technic bricks used to link them to other sets — meaning that they'd be blocked from connecting by that sloped rock shown in your image. But they can still be linked together in a layout as long as you include another set between them and the Lion Knights' Castle.

Quick question with the 90th A. castle - given the angles of the walls when closed, any ideas on how to connect it to a baseplate other than floating on top (on baseplate studs or tiles)?

The medieval village if true, has perked my interest in buying this, to create a smaller medival 'city' scene on maybe 12-15 green baseplates, but I'm trying to wrap my head around how I'd make this fit.

Any ideas?