Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

On 3/21/2022 at 7:47 PM, AVCampos said:

I have experienced time and again that I'm perfectly fine with the available parts assortment, but then along comes a new part and I think "how was I able to build without this"...

The exception is the 4L pin, which I'm sorely missing and TLG insists on not making.

Here we go. I need more of them because I believe I will get used to them quickly.

640x360.JPG

I got a bunch of these new frames and it´s a shame I first and threw them into the storage bin and didn´t realize they are not your usual 15x11, but it´s actually 15x9 studs :thumbup:. I will definitely build in few of these right now into the new drivetrain aproach of my MOC!

640x360.JPG

Edited by brunojj1

On 5/8/2022 at 3:53 PM, LvdH said:

Awesome build. Extremely solid. I’ve built mine using original Lego parts and also dark azure as per the original design, but the cada version should still go together very smoothly. Almost all the panels are securely attached and the chassis is one of the sturdiest I’ve built. Overall I would say this build is on par with the Lego 1:8 sets. 

So yes, definitely worth it.

On the one hand, we could feel 'liberated' from TLG's self-imposed notion of illegal build techniques, but the Apollo IE is pushing it quite a bit! Parts are colliding all over the place, as is evident even from a cursory look at the render on the box.

Although many such collisions are relative minor, my Math PhD heart bleeds when I see such blatant disregard for basic geometry:

800x790.jpg

:pir-murder:

What hurts even more is that there's an utterly simple and totally 'legal' alternative for this connection: remove the lower blue pin, connect the two 5L beams in the same place with a regular 2L pin, then push a 3L bar through the 2L pin and into the panel.

I get it that QC is hard (even TLG still makes frequent missteps), but I wonder if CaDA even reviews these 'external' models? I mean, this connection is so obviously bad and easily fixed....

31 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Although many such collisions are relative minor, my Math PhD heart bleeds when I see such blatant disregard for basic geometry:

You don't need a math PhD to see that doesn't fit :grin: 

But I forgot about that. There are definitely more things that don't quite fit, but none as bad as that one. I think I fixed it in mine with a 2L black pin and a half pin and didn't think about it any further...

Edited by LvdH

29 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

I think I've seen TLG use a pin with ball to keep the 5l beam in place in a similar situation.

Right, but the angle will be different: the 5L beam won't be 'flush' within the curve of the panel.

50 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Right, but the angle will be different: the 5L beam won't be 'flush' within the curve of the panel.

Key word there is curve. 5L beams are straight.

2 hours ago, astyanax said:

I get it that QC is hard (even TLG still makes frequent missteps), but I wonder if CaDA even reviews these 'external' models? I mean, this connection is so obviously bad and easily fixed....

Far out that’s bad! :pir-murder: Does it show what it’s supposed to look like when the step is completed? 

I have asked myself that question a few times and it would appear the answer is no... If you test built the model you should know straight away that the above connection doesn’t work.

1 hour ago, pleegwat said:

Key word there is curve. 5L beams are straight.

Sorry for clumsy phrasing. I mean, with your / TLG's solution, the 5L beam will stick outside the curve of the panel; with my solution, the 5L beam stays wholly inside the curve of the panel. Try it :pir-sweet:

11 hours ago, astyanax said:

I can assure that there is some kind of QC (at least for my models which are far less complex on the technical side). However the Lego designers' limitations seem to be a little stricter when it comes to illegal connections and also sturdiness. But to be fair even some of the recent Creator Expert and Speed Champions models lack some sturdiness.

Just ordered the italian supercar in yellow and also the Mouldking G700 6x6.

Super excited!! Wish the stripes on the supercar were the italian colors green, re and white like on @brunojj1 picture.

Both on amazon. Cada was 178 euro and MK was 150 euro. Both RC...

Edited by Polarlicht

On 5/31/2022 at 7:42 PM, brunojj1 said:

Here we go. I need more of them because I believe I will get used to them quickly.

I could have used a couple of them earlier today, its a shame Lego do not make them.  

36 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Amazon shipped my yellow italian car. Says it's here by the end of juli. Guess it comes from china...

It seems so.

Btw since you seem pretty much excited to have the Italian red oh sorry yellow beauty couple a parts related advices:

1. Replace the Cada diff with Lego one. They are not as good. 

2. Replace the shock absorbers with Lego red ones. They are very sturdy but they get rusty very easily. You won't feel good about it. 

Besides, not much to say from me. The half bushes are really good. The motors are very very good. 

Edited by thekoRngear

14 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

It seems so.

Btw since you seem pretty much excited to have the Italian red oh sorry yellow beauty couple a parts related advices:

1. Replace the Cada diff with Lego one. They are not as good. 

2. Replace the shock absorbers with Lego red ones. They are very sturdy but they get rusty very easily. You won't feel good about it. 

Besides, not much to say from me. The half bushes are really good. The motors are very very good. 

The shocks also seem tight compared to Lego shocks, they get squeaky with a little while on the shelf.

It might be an issue on a crawler, however, I am not sure it matters on a supercar with only a few mm of suspension anyway.

I will use all the cada parts fir now, to see what they are like. I only bought lego until couple of montgs ago, i started to try other brands. So far i tried bluebrixx, mega construx and cobi. Now lets try cada and mouldking.

Is there also a mouldking discussion on EB??

Yeah i choose the yellow one, looks better and i just got the red Ferrari...

2 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Is there also a mouldking discussion on EB??

Unfortunately, there is none - for whatever reason. You should start a thread in the Community Forum. I'd pretty much appreciate that! There is already a BlueBrixx thread - traffic is rather low on this one but who cares - apparently there are only a few competitor buyers here on EB, but there are.

I believe it is really important to have an eye on what others are offering (and I bet TLG is following these developments very closely - they need to unleash their layers in a timely fashion, you know), regardless of likes or #views.

BTW, browsing the BB site more than the TLG catalog nowadays.

Those interested will find the info!!!

All the best,
Thorsten

Unfortunately, unlike Cada, the people over at MouldKing have zero respect for the designers they rip off. They have collaborated with some designers (ZeroBrick and Firas for example), but it’s more like “we will pay you x amount, if you don’t like it we will just steal your design and give you nothing”. 

19 minutes ago, Toastie said:

Unfortunately, there is none - for whatever reason. You should start a thread in the Community Forum. I'd pretty much appreciate that! There is already a BlueBrixx thread - traffic is rather low on this one but who cares - apparently there are only a few competitor buyers here on EB, but there are.

I believe it is really important to have an eye on what others are offering (and I bet TLG is following these developments very closely - they need to unleash their layers in a timely fashion, you know), regardless of likes or #views.

BTW, browsing the BB site more than the TLG catalog nowadays.

Those interested will find the info!!!

All the best,
Thorsten

Can i also make a MK thread here on technic? They have lots of technic sets.

1 minute ago, LvdH said:

Unfortunately, unlike Cada, the people over at MouldKing have zero respect for the designers they rip off. They have collaborated with some designers (ZeroBrick and Firas for example), but it’s more like “we will pay you x amount, if you don’t like it we will just steal your design and give you nothing”. 

Lego does that with ideas too😄

7 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Lego does that with ideas too😄

Except with Ideas YOU submit your model to them. If you don’t submit your model, they won’t do anything with it. Anyway, you agree to terms and conditions which state the idea will remain theirs for two years even if they decide not to produce it. MK will either contact you with an offer (which is laughably low), or just steal it without any contact. 

Hm. Well i bought the G700 6x6 which is from zerobricks permission... So at least not stolen...

And i heard MK has the best quality in parts... 

Anybody got any experience with The Brick Zone's models? Models seems to be sourced from multiple companies (?), in their FAQ they state that replacement parts come from BrickLink. Although I suspect that that might be unrealistic.

Edited by Stephan

7 hours ago, Stephan said:

Anybody got any experience with The Brick Zone's models (Link)? Models seems to be authentic and sourced from multiple companies (?), in their FAQ they state that replacement parts come from BrickLink. Although I suspect that that might be unrealistic.

The site is selling a bunch of stolen MOCs and ripp-offs which stay to 90% original, many of them stem from EB members. I can recognize they are using the silhouette of one of my cars as icon in a proclamation which is funny to read knowing about what is said before. Endorsing the retailers and their supply chain in the open is despiceable and discussions are not appreciated. I personally don´t mind though what you enjoy in private or not.

400x385.png

Edited by brunojj1

Yeah they also have (a copy of?) the Cada solar system by JK brickworks...

Doubt this is real cada!

Edited by Polarlicht

7 hours ago, LvdH said:

Unfortunately, unlike Cada, the people over at MouldKing have zero respect for the designers they rip off. 

100% I had a mouldking representative contact me recently to turn the Pagani into a set. I asked him if he’d be asking if the instructions were already available, as they’d probably just have stolen them already. He assured me that they would never do such a thing because they have the utmost respect for designers :iamded_lol: I asked him about all the stolen models from rebrickable they sell (Bruno’s P1, Charbels 720s and lots of other popular MOC’s) He assured me that they’d backpayed everyone whose work they’ve stolen. I didn’t believe him for a second and ripped into him pretty hard. I never heard back from him :grin:

8 hours ago, LvdH said:

if you don’t like it we will just steal your design and give you nothing

Was what you refer to as "your design" in the public domain or shown publicly in some detail before they stole it? I am always confused in that regard; as in my profession, this is a no-go when it comes to profit making or capitalizing. Either you sh*t the f*ck *p and get things into the clear or - well - profit oriented businesses may use your idea, your design, your reasoning - without ever mentioning you. Morally OK? No, zill. Legally OK? Well, yes. And that is every day's reality. I once started to complain about such an issue (in my professional life); the answer they gave me was: Hey buddy; wanna play it rough? Then you need to learn your lessons before complaining ... It really hurt. But I learned my lessons.

7 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

And i heard MK has the best quality in parts...

I can - for the one MK set I have as of now (The Flying Dutchman) - certainly confirm that hearing.

With regard to IDEAS - yes - you do it, and you (hopefully) know what the consequences are. In any case: TLG has the designs. Everything. To look at. And to use them without ever telling anybody they did. And without compensating a dime. Again: Yes, you are in control. But you are also on control, not putting valuable designs into the public domain, if you don't want radically capitalistic companies just pull it off.

This is just my opinion, I don't know, have seen it so many times ... there is moral and behavior and there is money. They really don't go well with each other.

Best regards,
Thorsten 

Edited by Toastie
The stupid filter thingy translated S*T*F*U into whatever. Is this an adult forum or what?