Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

15 hours ago, Ryokeen said:

@Lego Tom on the 2nd front axle, on the part 92907 the left one(in the pic the bottom one) is that black liftarm supposed to be offset by 1 stud ? The other side looks like the black liftarm is in line with the mounting point on the axle, the left one not. Is that part 92907 facing the wrong way ?

GOOD GRIEF!!!! I do not know how I missed that or even how it happened in the first place but thanks for pointing it out! It has been fixed and as soon as I re-charge the battery, I'll give it a try. I bet that was the cause of the problem!

When there is no visual news from the LEGO stand at the toy fair, at least we can enjoy some CaDA highlights coming this year:

19 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

When there is no visual news from the LEGO stand at the toy fair, at least we can enjoy some CaDA highlights coming this year:

Remembering the good old times in which we were waiting for the toy fair to see the Lego Technic summer news by live...

20 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

That's an impressive product line!

1 hour ago, mpj said:

Remembering the good old times in which we were waiting for the toy fair to see the Lego Technic summer news by live...

I remember fondly... and at the time there was also little to no competition besides the cheap clones from CN. Now if I see the whole video and what a line-up other legitimate construction toy brands have, I begin to seriously question my spending habits on LEGO sets. I cannot keep spending so much AND buy sets from CaDA too.

KakaoTalk_20240204_032016912.jpg

Both assembly can't reproduce using Lego parts.

Left - Simple(maybe?) tatra-type suspension

Right - Porsche rim with reverse connection

And I surprised that wheel has axle hole inside.

Edited by msk6003

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

can't reproduce using Lego parts.

I'm not about making fun of your English, but anyway I found this quite funny :laugh_hard:.. Be fruitful and multiply (using CaDA parts)! 

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

Left - Simple(maybe?) tatra-type suspension

Right - Porsche rim with reverse connection

Good idea to use the divided frames in such a different way! Though I fear the shown bevel gear mesh is not suitable for heavy duty performance.

"Porsche" rim is not exactly stemming from a Porsche, it's rather generic, being used in multiple supercars so far.

10 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Yesterday we've had such a great time, meeting with all these beautiful people :thumbup:! Greetings to my buddies @efferman and @T Lego. Discussed physical prototyped parts and even whole cars (!) in front of the public. Everybody was allowed to make pictures or film the stand, touch and play with the displayed models.

Btw. who cares about Lego, if almost nobody is allowed to enter their lodge anyway. How do you like this: Markus, the Freakware CEO told me that some Lego representatives shut down a competitors' stand with the help of the authorities before his very eyes a few minutes prior. They definitely had their "presence" on the toy fair...

9 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

"Porsche" rim is not exactly stemming from a Porsche, it's rather generic, being used in multiple supercars so far.

Among LEGO parts, only Porsche wheels have holes that go through them, so I wrote as Porsche rims.

While I am not a big fan of using that many system pieces to cover a technic model; this building style definitely sets CADA apart from Lego. The current line-up right now seems also way broader than Lego. I hope this challenges the top dog to improve :-)

19 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Discussed physical prototyped parts and even whole cars (!) in front of the public. Everybody was allowed to make pictures or film the stand, touch and play with the displayed models.

Just as it should be, one community. Not us and them.

19 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Lego representatives shut down a competitors' stand with the help of the authorities

If this is correct then its utterly disgusting. Who do Lego think they are? The show organisers should have shown some balls.. (or ovaries, don't want to be accused of sexism again) ..and refused Lego's pathetic request. The big caveat here of course is if its accurate, the way its relayed suggests it is, but... if it is, Lego look weak by their actions. They also look weak by hiding away.

They need to win the battle of hearts and minds (and wallets), and these actions show zero ability to do that. Shame on them.

How is cada dealing with copyright and "copying" Lego sets? I browsed through their page and soms sets had a remarkable resemblance with Lego sets.

Cada also has a few licensed sets. Are those legally licensed?

47 minutes ago, Rebel_Lego said:

How is cada dealing with copyright and "copying" Lego sets? I browsed through their page and soms sets had a remarkable resemblance with Lego sets.

Cada also has a few licensed sets. Are those legally licensed?

please show these Sets with "remarkable resemblence"

about the licences: CaDa doesnt allow violations against licenses. For example, i made different body types for their small humvee and asked if they would make a set of the three body types. They said no, because they only have the license for the humvee with the angled roof.

So be sure, every licensed model on the CaDA website is a real licensed model autorized by the manufacturer of the real thing.

Cada classic sports car (C61045W) looks a lot like the Creator Porsche to me.

Dark Knight GTR (C63003W) has great resemblance with Lego McLaren GTR, although different scale.

Cada monster truck (C61008W) looks like the yellow 4x4 from a few years back. I can't remember the number, but I hope you know which set I mean.

Cada viva hypercar (C61505W) looks a bit like Ferrari Daytona, but I can ignore that, because it has to resemble a supercar of course

oh yes, the classic sports car looks like a porsche, but it is built totally different fom the lego porsche. Or does the lego porsche has an independent front supension and is prepared for RC?

The Dark knight is 1:10 and the Lego Senna has roundabout a scale of 1:16. ok, the stickers are looking similar.

The monster truck is built totally different than 42099 . Single motor with two speed gearbox and solid axles, and not two motors with independent suspension. OK, the body follows the same design idea, but it is still different.

50827444256_0c87606998_c.jpg

the Viva hypercar, was well designed by T_lego

and brought as Set by CaDA in collaboration with @T Lego

Do you have seen other remarkable resemblances?

1 hour ago, Rebel_Lego said:

Dark Knight GTR (C63003W) has great resemblance with Lego McLaren GTR, although different scale.

Cada monster truck (C61008W) looks like the yellow 4x4 from a few years back. I can't remember the number, but I hope you know which set I mean.

Cada viva hypercar (C61505W) looks a bit like Ferrari Daytona, but I can ignore that, because it has to resemble a supercar of course

Read again what you wrote and think about yourself...

If for you Cada viva hypercar (C61505W) is the same car as Ferrari Daytona, you need to look at these models for longer than 3 seconds. The only thing they have in common is that they are red.

The rest of the models are also completely different constructions than LEGO.

I decided to break a long standing tradition of mine of only purchasing sets made by LEGO, (well there has actually been one occasion prior to that, nearly 10 years ago, and it kind of doesn't count, as someone kindly bought it me as a gift. It was a prototype roller coaster set by a company that now goes by the name of Coaster Dynamix). 

Anyway, after taking the plunge with my first CaDa set, i have to say I'm mostly impressed!  I don't feel they're quite at the same level as LEGO (yet) when it comes to all aspects, but that's my own personal opinion that I'm sure most of you here will disagree with. 

So late last year I decided i really liked the look of their Alfa Romeo F1 car, and after a first time purchase discount code (i think it was either 10 or 15%), I thought it was a very competitive bargain when in comparison to LEGO's McLaren F1 set, (which i very nearly purchased prior to having seen this stunning looking CaDa release). I think I ended up paying around £100 GBP in the end (that price also included shipping). and i was nicely surprised with how fast it arrived! (i think it was around 4-5 days iirc). To my (unfortunate) surprise though, i was sent what was clearly a badly damaged box that came directly from the factory or supplier, as the outer packaging was spotless. It's a shame because the box looked really impressive (well if it would've been, had it not been damaged that is). That aside i was fairly impressed so far, and although it bothered me a bit (damaged box) i decided to not complain about it, as i just wanted to crack on and get this beauty built!

Well anyway here's a short list of pro and cons, starting with the cons:

Cons:

1) Damaged box (mentioned above).

2) Over usage of black pins..  Now i know many of you heavily criticise LEGOs usage of general brick vomit, (and i must admit i don't like it myself when LEGO uses odd colour pins that are a different colour - that are clearly visible on the outside of a finished model, ruins it somewhat). But when it comes to the internals, I'll take LEGO's approach of 'brick vomit' all day long!  Not only does it make the process of construction and instructions easier to understand, but it also broadens the market to those among us, who aren't quite as adept as others at understanding fairly complex things.

3) (loosely related to the above), the instruction manual itself. I found certain sections hard to understand, and that was made even worse due to the dark red/maroon coloured pieces and how they were represented in print. I found it incredibly frustrating at some points, as despite having a really well lit room, i just could not make out what some of the smaller pieces were, due to the black outlines blending in to the already dark coloured printed illustrated pieces. A welcome solution to this i feel, is that if they would've just illustrated the dark red/ maroon coloured pieces in a slightly lighter shade, it would've made a world of difference to me. Maybe that's something they can address in the future, when it comes to models that use a dark colour palette. 

4) (Final con). I found some of the physical build to be very frustrating indeed!  Please bare in mind that I'd consider myself to be a fairly dextrous person, when it comes to my hands and fingers due to my job (embroidery machine operator).  There were literally parts of the build where i had to walk away to cool down a bit, such was the frustration of really tricky and fiddly parts of the build. 

Pros:

1) Really great value for money!  I can't really afford to purchase as much LEGO sets as I'd like to, (I'm sure many of you out there are in a similar situation and would agree). And prior to purchasing this set, i was on the cusp of purchasing LEGO's McLaren F1 technic set, (before i learnt about the existence of CaDa's Alfa Romeo F1). I can't remember the exact cost of the McLaren but i believe I'd seen it reduced in a sale, and at the time i decided to purchase the Alfa i remember it still came in slightly cheaper than the McLaren. Bargain!

2) Slick tyres.  This was a huge draw for me!   They look amazing!    However i feel it is a little unfair to bring LEGO's Technic McLaren F1 into the picture when comparing the tyres. Simply because CaDa's had more time to go that extra mile with these. (I'm also thankful for CaDa releasing these as it looks like LEGO's been taking notes with their upcoming Mercedes F1 release. The more slick tyre options for us, the better in my opinion).

3) Usage of system style bricks in combination with technic style build. It just makes the whole thing look gorgeous!  A  really aesthetically pleasing end result!

Although my Cons list is longer than my Pros list, there's actually another positive about CaDa that doesn't really apply to this particular set. And that's CaDa willingness to work with the talented MOCing community. It really is a plus!  That and the fact that CaDa have acquired some really good licenses, easily another plus! 

So to sum it up, my overall experience with my first ever CaDa set has been an impressive one!  There is definitely room for improvement (in my opinion), but I'm sure CaDa is dedicating a lot of time and effort into perfecting and fixing those issues. 

1 hour ago, Rebel_Lego said:

Funny to read this once again after nearly three years. :laugh: Yes, CaDA's C61045W and Lego's 10295 are based on very similar cars. But that is all they have in common. To be precise you should have written "the Creator Porsche looks a lot like Cada classic sports car (C61045W) to me" because I presented my MOC which the CaDA model is based on nearly a year before first rumors of the Lego set started to spread. And CaDA even teasered their official set long before Lego did.

Regarding the licensing it is a shame that CaDA could not get the Porsche license back then. But times have changed and I am very happy that RUF have come on board. To be continued...

8 hours ago, efferman said:

about the licences: CaDa doesnt allow violations against licenses. For example, i made different body types for their small humvee and asked if they would make a set of the three body types. They said no, because they only have the license for the humvee with the angled roof.

So be sure, every licensed model on the CaDA website is a real licensed model autorized by the manufacturer of the real thing.

If they didn’t have the license they probably would’ve been happy to do a set with all 3 body types and release it as a “classic off-road vehicle” or something along those lines. 
It comes across as a have your cake and eat it too mentality. If we can get the licenses, then great! If not we will just do it anyway and call it something else… I hope CaDA can get to the level of success and integrity that they can do away with all that. It would definitely gain them more respect and also set them even further apart from all the other knock off brands in the industry. 

Thanks for the answers guys! I had heard a lot of different opinions on cada so I figured I would ask.

Edited by Rebel_Lego

12 hours ago, brickphisto said:

Regarding the licensing it is a shame that CaDA could not get the Porsche license back then. But times have changed and I am very happy that RUF have come on board. To be continued...

But RUF ≠ Porsche. This just circumvents Porsche's exclusive licensing as Ruf Automobile is considered by the German government to be a full-fledged manufacturer, and as such RUF models have unique VINs. It's also the same trick that video game publishers use when using Porsche cars in their assets.

Maybe next year CaDA makes a deal with Alpina for BMW cars or Abarth for Fiat.

47 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

But RUF ≠ Porsche. This just circumvents Porsche's exclusive licensing as Ruf Automobile is considered by the German government to be a full-fledged manufacturer, and as such RUF models have unique VINs. It's also the same trick that video game publishers use when using Porsche cars in their assets.

So why not and what's wrong with it? What are they supposed to do? You forgot to mention Pininfarina and Novitec for Ferrari - I would celebrate it! 

You know what I see as "a shame" and "using tricks"? I don't know if it's entirely true, but I've heard rumors from trustworthy sources: the Lego company pays something like sevenhundredthousand USD to a company like Ford for an exclusive licensing partnership. That means CaDA will never be able to buy a Ford license. That's how Lord Business works and you have to live with it.

53 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

RUF build their very own cars from scratch nowadays. That makes them a full-fledged manufacturer. Their models like the CTR or SCR might look very similar to Porsche cars but they have nothing in common. Of course RUF still modifies Porsche cars and so they can only license models based own their own cars. It is a bit like calling Cobi or CaDA elements Lego bricks. "Normal people" cannot tell the difference. But those who are more into it can clearly differ and appreciate these differences. So I would not call it a "trick" anymore. By the way: There is an Abarth model in the CaDA catalogue.

Wouldn't surprise me that Lego pays so much money for a deal. Luckily, Cada can buy other licenses so they are still able to release licensed sets

@brunojj1 Please don't start another brand war discussion here on the forum. We don't care about the petty brand rivalry and everyone knows which side you are on by now. Spreading rumors and hate for the other brand is not going to bring more people to CaDA, but might have the opposite effect.

I also didn't say it's a bad thing that such "tricks" have to be used, just mentioned this fact because someone from outside might think that no Porsche license just means every car that is based on one could get a RUF license instead, which is not how car licensing works.

40 minutes ago, brickphisto said:

By the way: There is an Abarth model in the CaDA catalogue.

Oh right, I forgot about that.
b1akjhh.png

40 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

@brunojj1 Please don't start another brand war discussion here on the forum. We don't care about the petty brand rivalry and everyone knows which side you are on by now. Spreading rumors and hate for the other brand is not going to bring more people to CaDA, but might have the opposite effect.

Exactly why this needs to stop.

@brunojj1
This is the last warning before banning your account.
Stop spreading rumors, accusations and your own brand wars.
I am done resolving all the reports and PMs regarding your behavior.
You have been given far too many chances to improve, and this continuous drama will end one way or another.

To others who have been reporting this thread, thanks for sending reports, and not engaging and arguing :thumbup: