BillytheKid

Show Your Army, Navy, and Collection Display

Mmm, college life! Seeing as how I need to really do well this semester, I figured I could stand to take a big portion of my booze-funds and put it towards something that'll last a bit longer... got the perfect opportunity when I caught a near-50% off sale at Fred Meyers a week or so ago. This is by no means an impressive army (and in fact, it looks even less impressive in the picture than it does sitting next to me... bummer!), but it's the first chance I've had to really get my hands on more than a handful of cannon-fodder figs in a long time.

6137763666_72edcd8e59_b.jpg

Most of these should be fairly obvious, so I won't list it all out. The bulk of my clone forces came from the 4x BPs I picked up the other week. On the CIS side, I've got 24 BDs, though 8 of them (the ones on the near-side transport, with megaphone guns) are well aged, and are in need of some glue to keep them standing up (as I'll be using them for tabletop wargames in the near future.. heh). I've got a couple BL orders coming in, and the BDs will all have molded blasters in a week's time, and, probably the bit I'm most looking forward to, each fig/droid will have their own 4x4 round plate stand! I wasn't able to bring my entire LEGO collection with me from MD to AK, so I only have as many plates as I could fit/find at the time, so I feel like all my figs are cramped (I'm not a fan of rigid formations for a display this small). This'll also give me the ability to field all my droids, rather than have them curled up on transports due to lack of standing-room. And, once the transports are empty, I'll probably break them down and MOC up some small combat vehicles or platforms or something, since my CIS is lacking in that department right now. Maybe I'll use some spare parts to show the gungans some love, too.

Some items of interest:

1) The Scout Troopers piloting the BARC speeders are from the '99 Speeder Bikes. I know they don't fit in this skirmish canonically, but hey, they've got white armor and black visors, and my friends downstairs, who I'll be TTWG'ing with, aren't huge on the SW universe, so they likely won't think twice about it, AND, anyone else who sees my little LEGO SW display probably won't quickly point out the glaring error that is Scout Troopers in a CW setting (more along the lines of "You're 22.. in college... and have legos... uh. Cool.." haha :D)

2) General Grievous, modded the same way as DutchRebel's, though I need to get around to making a cape for him and the MagnaGuards (and teach them how to hit the power-button on their staves!)

3) The four troopers near the middle of the battle are from the 2002 RGS. Oh, man I love these guys. I want, no, I need, more. I just can't justify shelling out $7+ per fig. It's the helmets.. it really is. I don't need fancy CW faces.. give me a cut-out in the helmet and a black fig head, and I don't care how fancy the rest of the printing is. I dislike that I have so many Bomb Squad Troopers, would much rather those be even just the plain CW-style clones, but that's what the battlepacks have. Alas. Someday, I'll have more normal clones... someday :D

Not pictured:

I've got a whole slew of Named-figs from the earlier releases, yellow-faced jedi and such. For wargame purposes, they'll probably get put on stands and used, just to add some bulk to the game, though most don't fit in this skirmish canonically. I've also got two metallic-blue SBDs (also from the '02 RGS), one which will need to be glued in place. I'm probably going to look into getting some more dark-pearl-gray SBDs to add to the variety on the CIS side, too.

So, that's it, for now. I've got some BL orders coming in, and will be adding *a little* weight to each side, but nothing drastic. I'll probably post an updated photo once I get all my 4x4 round plates, and get the figures on them, just so I can put everything out on display, without crowding up the plates I have available.

------

I've got a question for you all. I'm looking to add a bit more vehicular bulk to each side. For the clones, this means probably a walker or two. I've got 2 STAPs and a Tank-droid on the way for the CIS, but I'm looking for suggestions. I wanted to get a Hailfire in the fray, but there is simply no cost-effective way to do that right now. MOCs or official builds, I'm open to ideas. What sorts of small (read: no AT-TEs) vehicles would you recommend I add to this to spice things up? Thanks!

My latest display case.

Hello, this is my latest iteration of a covered display case for my star wars figures. I am so tired of dusting them and my kids friends grabbing them. I picked up these cases at IKEA for about $20 and I think that I can get all of the star wars figures in four of them. I currently have two full and I am working on the third right now. It takes a while to get them all set up.

What do you think and do you have any better ideas?

The case hold exactly a 4 wide Lego structure inside. I have to remove the white background that came iwht them and put in a piece of black construction paper. They are approximately 24 x 24 inches.

Thanks and here is a link to a better picture.

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

That look mad, Ive tryed to make somthing like this befor but didnt work out too well. I might have to keep my eye out for it. :thumbup:

What amazes me here is how organized the droids are put in line, I have about 10 or so droids, even for me it gets hard to put them in line without accidentally putting my finger on one of them and moving their parts. Well done!

What a fantastic Droid Army! Even better is I got mentioned in the great comic! :laugh:

Really nice setup there Penguin. They really look like they are ready for battle. :wub:

I really have no idea how many Battle Droids I have, I really should try and get them together for a picture. :laugh:

Well that... is... an intimidating battalion of circuitry and blasters. I don't know what I would even do with that many!

In other news, my BrickLink orders have arrived, and I've got my Republic side all set and ready to go (even changed the BARCs from green to dark red). Need to do a bit of supergluing on the CIS side (entire back row of BDs looks like theyve fallen asleep standing up, heh). Once that's done I'll get a picture of that side up, too.

I'm sure with armies as large as some of you folks have, it would get tedious, not to mention take up a ton of space, to have each fig on its own plate, but with the size of my collection, I *love* being able to arrange figs freely and not have their guns in each others' backs. Now if only I could figure out how to pose figs with longbarrel blasters that looks good, but doesn't have them looking like they're standing idly by, holding their gun across their chest... /sigh

Poor Nahdar. That force choke is a real b----.

6168746202_20c408562e_b.jpg

hi everyone

I always wanted to have a star wars army of some type when i was little,

but never could afford it, recently in July i went to Toyrus and saw some Lego toys,

so i thought hey now that I'm older and got some money to spare why not build a decent star wars army, so here it is

clonearmy.jpg

deathwatch.jpg

Edited by -Jango-

That's pretty good. I count twelve battle packs, do you have the speeders too?

yup 12 of the new clone battlepack and 12 clone walker

you mean the luke's landspeed? it was on sale at walmart along with the battlepack so i brought it.

He means the Speeder Bikes that come in the Battle Packs.

oh my bad,

yea i also have the speeders from the battlepacks

This is my little display on my works computer monitor. I buy Lego often online and when its sent to me at work I will go though it and leave a few minifigs on my desk. They started falling over all the time so I need a way to display them so I quickly built this dsc00051.jpg

I need to take some time from work and position them properly and add weapons to figs that should have them. Also you can see me sufing my favourite site!

I have taken the phone numbers out of the image.

Edited by wokajablocka

This is my little display on my works computer monitor. I buy Lego often online and when its sent to me at work I will go though it and leave a few minifigs on my desk. They started falling over all the time so I need a way to display them so I quickly built this *snip*

I need to take some time from work and position them properly and add weapons to figs that should have them. Also you can see me sufing my favourite site!

Get back to work, Warwick! :vader: Cool idea though, haha.

This is my little display on my works computer monitor. I buy Lego often online and when its sent to me at work I will go though it and leave a few minifigs on my desk. They started falling over all the time so I need a way to display them so I quickly built this

I like the computer setup you have. Very creative.

Edited by Legoking

Very nice and cool setup! You should probably snip the bottom of the photo to hide all those phone numbers though. :thumbup:

Very nice and cool setup! You should probably snip the bottom of the photo to hide all those phone numbers though. :thumbup:

Too late I've saved the image mawahahaha :devil:.

:tongue:.

Too late I've saved the image mawahahaha :devil:.

:tongue:.

Yeah save them and them you can do some work for me so I can play around with my display :tongue: . I did think of cutting off the numbers. Its even got my real name in there that's how Artanis I knew my real name.

Do you just mean cases in general? If that's the case I think maybe this thread should be in LEGO General Discussion and News, or if you wanted this in the Star Wars forum, like your title suggests, then it should have gone here, in the Star Wars Forum

I did find these topics after a quick search that are similar to yours.

Show your Army and Collection Display

My Minifigure Display Stand