22 hours ago, The01 said:

It should be in the Liebherr Excavator scale, of course. It's time for a Liebherr series!!

The next set would be this, then. :pir_tong2:

Well it could be controlled with aid of smartphone :wink:

17 hours ago, Richombx said:

How do you figure the powerboom would consume any more pieces than the luffing jib configurations, they would be also far more fragile. All lego needs to do is have a picture in the opening manual pages with the built crane and a kg rate on the hook so that argument is removed

Sorry for the no response.  I am not sure what you mean here.  The powerboom will consume more pieces than regular boom b/c it has two columns.  Sorry, not trying to be snarky, genuinely not sure what you mean here.  

About the manual.  I think that is waaaaaay too technical.  We are talking about ABS here.  They (TLG)  don't really want you to be lifting ANYTHING if they can help it.  :classic:

I have a Liebherr LTM 11200 9.1, a 30lb beauty diecast metal model, which is amazingly robust, which does not even come with lifting specifications.  

18 hours ago, mdemerchant said:

Well presumably it will at least partly be up to Liebherr what boom setup is included.  But I certainly wouldn't count on getting it.  On the other hand the power boom may actually make it less fragile which would help meet TLG's standards of not falling to pieces when you play with it so you never know.

except I think it may encourage people to try and lift even more :pir_wacko:

Hello all,

I'm currently building a (for now, non-powered) crawler base with the turntable of the RTC and I must admit that it looks quite ok. I guess a maximum width of the main boom of 9 or 11 at the most should be doable. I'll post a picture soon.

3 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Sorry for the no response.  I am not sure what you mean here.  The powerboom will consume more pieces than regular boom b/c it has two columns.  Sorry, not trying to be snarky, genuinely not sure what you mean here.  

About the manual.  I think that is waaaaaay too technical.  We are talking about ABS here.  They (TLG)  don't really want you to be lifting ANYTHING if they can help it.  :classic:

You have actually looked at what configurations  these cranes come in before you comment have you. Powerboom is one piece, no extra attachments. The other styles require there to be luffing jibs and other parts that would consume just as many if not more parts than the y frame of the powerboom.

so you don’t think lego will design this to be played with lifting anything at all then? honestly don’t know where or how you come up with this as it’s 100% guaranteed to happen

32 minutes ago, Richombx said:

You have actually looked at what configurations  these cranes come in before you comment have you. Powerboom is one piece, no extra attachments. The other styles require there to be luffing jibs and other parts that would consume just as many if not more parts than the y frame of the powerboom.

Gotcha.  My point is, if you have read the entire thread, is that we already know there is a luffing jib.  Or at least that is what is rumored.  So, as far as anything can be labeled as "known" for this set, a luffing jib can be (really, at this point nothing is known... but you get my drift).  

So, the question is: powerboom and luffing jib, or just regular boom with luffing jib, and we all know which would have more pieces.  That is why I had the take that I did on what you said.  

39 minutes ago, Richombx said:

so you don’t think lego will design this to be played with lifting anything at all then? honestly don’t know where or how you come up with this as it’s 100% guaranteed to happen

I have built, and played with every Lego crane since 8288 with just a few exceptions.  Still own 8288, 42009, 42042, and many more.  Their lifting capacity is not great.  Any of them.  Nor really should it be, I don't think that is in Lego's design goals.  Of course they can lift something, but it will not be much.  And if you have followed other recent official Lego crane sets, you will know there have been no shortage of folks breaking or damaging them because they are trying to lift too much with them.  

50 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Gotcha.  My point is, if you have read the entire thread, is that we already know there is a luffing jib.  Or at least that is what is rumored. 

Um you seem to be the only one that’s decided this is certain. If anything most of the crane guys have said a jib is almost certainly to fragile for a kit. Just a main Powerboom would be the strongest option available to lego and use no more pieces than a boom and jib that will create so many issues

If it has a luffer then it will be even smaller than 1:40 scale, more like 1:50 and it will need at least 4 winches which would most likely mean two hubs and 7 motors. Possible, but not really likely in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Richombx said:

Um you seem to be the only one that’s decided this is certain. If anything most of the crane guys have said a jib is almost certainly to fragile for a kit. Just a main Powerboom would be the strongest option available to lego and use no more pieces than a boom and jib that will create so many issues

You are right.  My bad.  Looking back I could have sworn the info from promo bricks said it will have a luffing jib, but as you say that is not the case and nearly everyone agrees this likely will not happen.  Now I see the point of confusion for our previous posts.  

Talk about top down memory processing  :blush: 

On 1/26/2022 at 2:37 AM, allanp said:

But can it lift....THE MONKEY!

lol.... now that is something!! 

Really we were talking about official sets though.  Which... looks like the AROCS lifted just great! The tower crane... well, that is just an awesome MOC, not an official set :wink:

Its not that Lego can't be built for heavy lifts.  That certainly is not the case.  We all know of David Szmandra's work.  Beautiful, perhaps the best crawler crane out of Lego I have seen.  

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/12/27/fully-functioning-124-scale-lego-crane-24-ft-tall-can-lift-chair-video/

1:24 scale Liebherr LR 11000 that can extend 24 ft. tall.  Can still lift a chair when using just the main boom. 

Years ago I built my own Liebherr LR 1750.  Over 7 ft. tall and could still lift several hundred grams even in the tallest configuration.  

Mimicked the famous lift in 2012 of the LR 13000 lifting several other Liebherr crawler cranes. 

Liebherr Shows Impressive Lifting Capability - Sims Crane

My lift was of 9394, 8288, and 42042.  It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done!

Edited by nerdsforprez

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

Years ago I built my own Liebherr LR 1750.  Over 7 ft. tall and could still lift several hundred grams even in the tallest configuration. 

:pir-love:

I'm still undecided whether the instructions for such a model would be incredibly thin or incredibly thick ;D.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:38 PM, R0Sch said:

I learned from the promobricks livestream that the crane will actually have the main boom, back mast, plus the extension jib to achieve the whooping 1.5m height including the mobile derrick ballast.

@nerdsforprez Maybe it was the above post?

According to stonewars and brickmerge, the price of this set is 449.99 EUR. This news brings hopes that its price may be consistent with those of the predecessors, which are 450$ and 450EUR.

On 1/26/2022 at 6:53 AM, Bricktrain said:

If it has a luffer then it will be even smaller than 1:40 scale, more like 1:50 and it will need at least 4 winches which would most likely mean two hubs and 7 motors. Possible, but not really likely in my opinion.

Or it could have one hub and two motors - for function and function switch and several manual gearboxes :)

According to StoneWars, the price in Germany will be 450€. That is a much more realistic and acceptable price then considering that it will probably have 2 smart hubs and many motors.

Edited by R0Sch

3 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

According to StoneWars, the price in Germany will be 450€. That is a much more realistic and acceptable price than considering that it will probably have 2 smart hubs and many motors.

Still too high for only 2882 pieces... Maybe we get light?

35 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

it will probably have 2 smart hubs and many motors

That was the expectation for the 42131 last year and guess what it turned out to be :laugh:

59 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That was the expectation for the 42131 last year and guess what it turned out to be :laugh:

Yes but it's technically more difficult for them to do a model like this with only two or three motors.  If it's actually a reasonably to scale LR13000 there won't be a lot of space in the superstructure to be putting the hub, motors and a big gearbox.  But you can't put it in the carrier where it might fit because of the difficulty of transferring enough drive lines to the superstructure.  The carrier can live with two or even one drive input if they don't bother to make it turn.  The superstructure will need at least three for derrick, main boom and lifting winches, at least four if it has a moveable jib.  However, if it's not an LR13000 and just looks like a new 42042 then a gearbox is more of a possibility.

59 minutes ago, mdemerchant said:

Yes but it's technically more difficult for them to do a model like this with only two or three motors.  

42042: Hold my beer

1 hour ago, mdemerchant said:

However, if it's not an LR13000 and just looks like a new 42042 then a gearbox is more of a possibility.

I guess this set will be in a little bigger scale than 42042 - so tlg will implement wider booms and stronger, of course. 1,5 m boom in scale of 42042 won't rise anything and will bend.

8 hours ago, Aleh said:

42042: Hold my beer

I wasn't saying it's hard to make a crane in general with a couple of motors and a gearbox.  If you want to make a 1:40 or smaller scale LR13000 and not have the whole drive train exposed under the winch area it will be hard.  Even if you're willing to have it exposed it will still not be easy.  I'm sure they could do something but it would be better done with two hubs in my opinion.

new rumors from promobricks 

42146 [Loebherr LR 13000]

liebherr-lr13000-titan2-jobsite1-96dpi.j A Liebherr LR 13000 (Photo: Liebherr)

Probably the most impressive set of the upcoming LEGO Technic 2022 summer novelties of the second half of the year we will be a huge crane. This will be a Liebherr LR 13000, which is the strongest crawler crane in the world in real life with a load capacity of 3000 tons. The maximum system length of the crane is 246 m, which also makes it the largest crawler crane of all time.

• Set number: 42146
  • Name: [Liebherr LR 13000]
  • Number of parts: 2882
  • Publication date: [01. August 2022]
  • Availability: LEGO
  • Recommended age: 18+
  • MSRP: 449.99 Euro

And the LEGO model will probably also be just as impressive, because it is said to be the highest LEGO Technic model of all time. Last month we assumed that it would be at least 1.50 m high, but it now seems that the crane has been trimmed a little during the ongoing design process. This would also explain why, according to the latest information, the price in Germany should be 449.99 euros, instead of the 599.99 US dollars known to us.

Incidentally, we can now confirm that the relatively small number of parts of 2882 actually comes from the fact that LEGO uses a lot of new 7×17 knobs large molded parts for the crane's lattice poles, which drive the price in height and the number of parts into the basement. In addition, there will be 20 new elements that result in a counterweight of 1 kg.

The mismatch between price and number of parts (over 20 ct per part) can probably also be explained to a certain extent by the use of a lot of electronic Control+ elements. There will be a total of 6 motors and 2 smart hubs in the set, the crane will be controlled via Control+ app.