6 hours ago, mdemerchant said:

A big crane like an LR13000 isn't proportioned anything like 42100.

No. The tracks are shaped differently and spaced way wider.

077d6f6f1a90a62525139720acdcae4d--crawle

304139.jpg

On 2/27/2022 at 4:29 AM, Bartybum said:

It probably wasn't clear, so I'll try to explain it again.

The LR13000 can come either with or without a jib, see below (taken from the Liebherr site):

lr-13000-auslegersystem-metrisch-s2508.0

There's an extra winch right above the counterweights which controls the angle of the orange boom. If the model includes an adjustable jib as well as a winch for the orange boom, then in total there would have to be four motors in the superstructure. We know there are only six, so something must be excluded.

Therefore, I think that either the set won't come with a jib, or the angle of the orange boom won't be controllable i.e. no winch near the counterweights. It's one or the other.

You could argue that there could be a distribution gearbox with two motor inputs and two outputs, but that would be very weird to play with because you wouldn't be able to control all functions independently.

Finally, I haven't managed to find even a single photo of an LR1300 without the orange boom in the rear. That's why I think it's possible (not likely or unlikely, just possible) that it won't come with a jib.

Just some thoughts: 

- Take the crane in the middle (version SDWB), but both the red and the blue boom have approximately the same length/height as the orange one.

- TLG has used the big yellow ring that we already know from the 42055 for the turntable.

The ATAT ring only just fits around a standard turntable. So if they're using it, then either they use some form of 'centreless' setup, or the centre is formed by a small (28z) turntable. The latter feels unlikely; I am not sure how feasible the former is.

3 hours ago, Brick-a-brac said:

Just some thoughts: 

- Take the crane in the middle (version SDWB), but both the red and the blue boom have approximately the same length/height as the orange one.

- TLG has used the big yellow ring that we already know from the 42055 for the turntable.

Thanks for sharing your "thoughts"!

9 hours ago, Brick-a-brac said:

Take the crane in the middle (version SDWB), but both the red and the blue boom have approximately the same length/height as the orange one.

But the issue still stands that you’d have to sacrifice either the derrick or the jib winch

9 hours ago, Bartybum said:

But the issue still stands that you’d have to sacrifice either the derrick or the jib winch

Does it need the Derrick winch? Thought that was only for assembly?

38 minutes ago, allanp said:

only for assembly

But we allready stated that setting up the crane would be a mayor part of the playability.

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra

3 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

But we allready stated that setting up the crane would be a mayor part of the playability.

Was that a stated feature from a leak? Assembly that follows the actual crane could be a nice feature but if it does exist it might be entirely manual or just part of the building process. I would think that setting up the real crane requires more than just the Derrick winch so I doubt it'll have fully motorised assembly. Happy to be wrong though. And as the Derrick winch may only be needed for assembly then it could use a motor for another winch via a simple manually operated gearbox, as both winches wouldn't be used at the same time, no?

And to those wondering why we don't just wait for more info, it's because speculation is fun! :grin:

we better look ahead to at least for every function one motor and two on each track , because dual drive is what the real thing has and it stays in one piece driving from both ends. and in my crane the slew gets two motors , because  if placed  opposite they reduce the friction enormous . 

not a lot of news is reaching us ,  but i had  time to do some research ,  in real life the main boom is pretty upsettingly big , each part measures roughly four metres by four metres by ten ( 12 ft by 12ft by 30 ft )   so in the scale of the big digger  it will certainly over 150 cm (5 ft )   of height .

the tracks are twentytwo metres long (66 ft ) and the crane is without any boom  in real life  seventeen and a half metres tall  (53 ft)

so what scale is realistic in the €450 classe

Edited by craneson
typo

2 hours ago, craneson said:

not a lot of news is reaching us ,  but i had  time to do some research ,  in real life the main boom is pretty upsettingly big , each part measures roughly four metres by four metres by ten ( 12 ft by 12ft by 30 ft )   so in the scale of the big digger  it will certainly over 150 cm (5 ft )   of height .

the tracks are twentytwo metres long (66 ft ) and the crane is without any boom  in real life  seventeen and a half metres tall  (53 ft)

so what scale is realistic in the €450 classe

This set has been delayed to next year or never, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

This set has been delayed to next year or never, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything anytime soon.

Didn't know about this. What's the source?

14 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

This set has been delayed to next year or never,

Source ?

12 hours ago, HectorMB said:

Didn't know about this. What's the source?

9 minutes ago, Anio said:

Source ?

There were rumours that this might be the case; Jim confirmed them in the 2022 topic. Page 35.

Edited by Maaboo35

47 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

There were rumours that this might be the case; Jim confirmed them in the 2022 topic. Page 35.

Thanks. It was one month ago. Here is the link for those who want to have a look.

@Jim Are you sure ? I mean, postponing a flaship is quite a big move for the Technic line.

Another item to note is that we have info for the other three sets, but nothing for this one. My question is, if the LR13000 has indeed been delayed, then is it going to be released in 1H 2023 or is it now next year's flagship?

9 minutes ago, Jockos said:

What about an October release?

I'm fairly sure it would have been mentioned by now if that were the case. I think the CAT was included in 2H lists that specifically mentioned it was to be released in October. Don't quote me on that though.

But considering its expected release date, it's also strange that there's no official communication, no? 

Edited by HectorMB

I'd find it really odd if there wasn't a flagship this year, pretty sure there hasn't been a year without one yet.

1 hour ago, SmartieZ said:

I'd find it really odd if there wasn't a flagship this year, pretty sure there hasn't been a year without one yet.

Well... there was 2002...

48 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Well... there was 2002...

Oh my bad, I honestly didn’t notice that.

3 minutes ago, SmartieZ said:

Oh my bad, I honestly didn’t notice that.

A 42145 can be as flagshipy as a 42114...

Maybe they just thought a supercar plus a giant 'normal' set is too expensive. So they keep going as they did the past years: Car, big set, car,...

On the other hand: There are now 'wave releases' in january, march, august, october,..... no one knows what is going to happen, it's anarchy!! Aaaaargh ;)

2 hours ago, SmartieZ said:

And 2008 didn't really have anything in the price range of 2005-2007 or 2009-present