Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, Jazzahh said:

I share the disappointment over adult Ron and Hermione missing, but there may still be a surprise in store there. Surely the Lego designers will anticipate this sentiment, even they know everyone wants the original trio at both the start and end of the journey. But remember DA and the surprise Harry+Hagrid box? I wouldn’t be surprised if they again include a little box with step 22 or whatever which includes adult Ron+Hermione and a little brick-built luggage trolley or something.

Part of me is sure this is wishful thinking, but I was thinking kind of similar. Promobricks clarified that there should be a 8 x 16 tile in the set with the train ticket printed on it. Now either Promobricks has got it totally wrong, but they did clarify in their article today that it should be in there as well as the black plaque underneath the platform so they seem pretty sure, or there is an extra hidden box with a train ticket and maybe Ron and Hermione and their children. But like I say, pure wishful thinking although I did guess the D2C right so maybe ... :laugh_hard:

Edited by BacktoBricks

Haha yeah, it most definitely is wishful thinking on my part but it also isn’t completely out of this world. And good one on the train ticket, I totally forgot about that! It does allow for some speculation/hope on our side :head_back:

5 minutes ago, Jazzahh said:

Haha yeah, it most definitely is wishful thinking on my part but it also isn’t completely out of this world. And good one on the train ticket, I totally forgot about that! It does allow for some speculation/hope on our side :head_back:

Just need someone to open the damn box lol :roflmao:

It‘s certainly possible they included Ron and Hermione as secret figures, but if so, why them? :wacko: Harry and Hagrid made at least some sense as they were the first characters to enter DA, which also fit perfectly with the plaque. What do Ron and Hermione specifically have to do with a HE ticket?

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I am not sure if anybody spotted that, but there might be some functions included. If you have a look at locomotive, on the back of the box, you can see some kind of a technic piece, sticking out of that round golden object, which is supposed to be some kind of handle. This piece is not visible on the front art of the box. I believe this piece might be used for moving locomotive or something. Visually, set looks beautiful, I am not a big fan of minifigures selection. Hopefully, it will have many of easter eggs and amazingly detailed interior.

I think this is a good set for people who only want 1 or 2 Harry Potter sets as a display piece. The train looks great and instantly recognizable although the size does require some real estate. 

For those who look for minifig or system scale sets it's just too big and are probably better off with the 2018 set. I must say that I really like the platform 9 3/4 but would have preferred if they expanded it more (maybe next to the entire railroad). I will probably not pick this up unless I can get it for a good price.. But even then I don't have the space for this haha. 

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

Anyone know the UK price? I think £450?

It looks great as a display piece, there is no doubt about that, but like the castle won't be for everyone like the microscope castle. 

Happy to see Lego are trying different scales which will help the themes longevity as this isn't really of a remake of the 2018 HE. 

Also love how an unnamed Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw are included, would like more of that. Shame the trolley witch is the PS one, and they bothered to include some of the epilogue figures, would have much preferred another member of the HE crew and the Death Eater attack from DHII. 

I imagine it'll be in the region of £430-£450 as the Castle was $400 and converted to £345 so I'd imagine £450 would be the highest it would be

2 hours ago, PotterBlocks said:

Off topic on the train back to this - the gringotts itself doesn’t look brick built in similar vibe to the rest of the Diagon alley. It’s more just a podium for the dragon. But the dragon does look like a large version of a brick built model….

so continuing your tin foil hat theory

is one of the 2 winter 2023 sets the Gringotts dragon, maybe with a bit of track and/or the vault, and then also includes Harry, Ron, Bella/Hermione, Griphook and a new goblin or 2

Then with that covered it leaves a future big Diagon Alley-styled Gringotts set to be PS-themed with Harry going for the first time

I wouldn't get your hopes up for any Gringotts based things in the winter wave sadly but for summer 2023 hopefully we'll finally see Gringotts in the modern era 

Loving the train though! I love when they manage to combine a minifigure scaled set with a super impressive build like the managed with The Daily Bugle. I might even go as far as saying the Express might be my new favourite set of all time. Can't wait to pick it up!

53 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s certainly possible they included Ron and Hermione as secret figures, but if so, why them? :wacko: Harry and Hagrid made at least some sense as they were the first characters to enter DA, which also fit perfectly with the plaque. What do Ron and Hermione specifically have to do with a HE ticket?

Only because I suppose it is like something fans would really want so getting it as an extra secret thing would be real fan service.

Now if someone in NZ could kindly cut the seals and show us. :laugh:

Well this is very nearly perfect in my eyes. It's a gorgeous set that should appeal to some non-Wizarding World fans, it's nicely appointed, their concept seems to have been implemented well, for the most part the minifig selection makes sense, and yet they haven't made it painful to pass on it, which I'll be doing. It's the sweet spot between tempting for a Potterhead, but not a painful miss. If lego are going to keep making high ticket items with this frequency, I really appreciate that they're trying different things for different tastes, and haven't gatekept popular characters in a set with this price tag, or repeated last year's dodgy move that unexpectedly rendered many collections of the golden anniversary figs suddenly incomplete. I have to give them credit, they've really improved on that front this year, placing characters like Pince and Pomfrey, or even the Thestrals, in the more affordable sets. 

In a story where a train features so prominently, this makes sense. I'd love to hear more from some of our hardcore train fans how they like the set. 

On one side of the box with the minifigs, there is also a red box with hogwarts express on it….now what’s inside that box????

2 minutes ago, Magnum said:

On one side of the box with the minifigs, there is also a red box with hogwarts express on it….now what’s inside that box????

Thats part of the tender, for scale.

Not sure why people are calling the set "minifig scale" or bigger than "minifig scale". Minifigs don't have human like proportions they aren't the best guide. Minifg compatible is more of a thing, i.e. do minifigs look "right" with it. Minifg height to average person is 1:45, and width is 1:32

Based on some quick maths, the locomotive is 1:34 scale. This custom 7 wide track (i.e. rail, 5 studs, rail) is 1:31.5).

Most British train MOCs are designed in 7 wide which is a 1:46-1:48 scale depending on the prototype. If you want to go on width of Lego track to standard gauge track that's 1:38.2 scale.

So it fits to a given scale, and a bigger than standard train scale has been chosen for the minifig dioramas in the carriage to look good. However by doing this it's incompatible with the last 56 years of train which have run on 6 wide track.

I really like this set. The train is absolutely perfect, beyond every expectation. The platform is on the small side, but for what is there, instant recognizable and very detailed. I agree with most comments about the minifigs, who aren't very detailed: absence of legprinting, however the pics on the box are just renders. 

I'm glad the leaked Lupin, does come with his usual hairpiece. 

EDIT: I was wrong

i like it, it’s a bit too big, but it’s what I’ve wanted for years

Edited by Whovastron

It looks really good, but, as with the icons set, I'm glad they've made a great model and that people are delighted with it, but I can't see me getting it. It takes up a lot of space and costs a lot for something that doesn't really fit into the play system. Nice to be able to see and admire it though.

9 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Well this is very nearly perfect in my eyes. It's a gorgeous set that should appeal to some non-Wizarding World fans, it's nicely appointed, their concept seems to have been implemented well, for the most part the minifig selection makes sense, and yet they haven't made it painful to pass on it, which I'll be doing. It's the sweet spot between tempting for a Potterhead, but not a painful miss. If lego are going to keep making high ticket items with this frequency, I really appreciate that they're trying different things for different tastes, and haven't gatekept popular characters in a set with this price tag, or repeated last year's dodgy move that unexpectedly rendered many collections of the golden anniversary figs suddenly incomplete. I have to give them credit, they've really improved on that front this year, placing characters like Pince and Pomfrey, or even the Thestrals, in the more affordable sets. 

In a story where a train features so prominently, this makes sense. I'd love to hear more from some of our hardcore train fans how they like the set. 

I think it's gorgeous, but yet lacking e.g. the platform needed to be longer really or the arches and bridge come over like in the playscale set. I know the argument would be that it would be more expensive then, but it gets to a point where you look at something and start thinking that you really should be getting more for your money. Looking at it on the box I also wonder if the black base needed to be so high? Is there a reason that the top slope level needed to be there for instance? That would have saved a few bricks that could have gone elsewhere. The light bricks are novel, but unnecessary too I think. If Lego are going to make something a specific and very expensive price point then I would have rather those pieces / light budget went elsewhere.

That being said, I can see this being very tempting as a display piece to even the casual fans as like a one off Lego purchase (or they think it's a one off; they will get sucked in haha)! and I can totally see us getting a D2C Quidditch Pitch next year in this line of display pieces. :laugh_hard:

I'm waiting to see official release pictures to make a final judgement on quality. Those will give us a better look at the scale of the interior and overall set and any hidden details we cannot see at the moment. So far, though, I love the set. It's a shame it had to leak this way, I think it has spoiled many people's first impressions. I will be 100% picking this up. I love detailed trains and Harry Potter - what more can I ask for?

32 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So apparently this is a non isolated incident and several people who ordered the lion castle got the hogwarts express instead

From what I’ve heared, the issue seems to be confined to New Zealand and Australia. I hope it‘s more widespread than that :laugh: As much as I want the castle, I wouldn‘t complain if I was greeted by this in the coming days :laugh_hard:

Have the original images been removed from Reddit? Are they deemed a leak, despite it being LEGO that's send out the sets to regular consumers?

50 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The light bricks are novel, but unnecessary too I think. If Lego are going to make something a specific and very expensive price point then I would have rather those pieces / light budget went elsewhere.

I don't understand the use of the light bricks for what feels like a display only model. You have to touch the bricks to make them come on, whereas most would want a light controlled by a switch that can be left on indefinitely.

I am not super excited about those minifigures to be honest. There are some nice ones, but I think I could do without them.

The train looks pretty nice though, will probably end up buying it anyway.

So there’s 1x2 stickers which have silhouettes of all the original Hogwarts flagship sets (I specifically recognised the 2004 clocktower) wonder what that’s all about