Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Does the Voldemort tongue face indicate a Battle of Hogwarts / Courtyard Duel set? 

That seems to be the most likely candidate of 3 instances I remember him with that expression: 

- When he is able to lay a finger on Harry in GoF 

- When he conjures the fire serpent in OotP

- And the face he makes at the Hogwarts defenders after telling them Harry’s dead in the courtyard 

6 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Imo this basically confirms that the Advent will be a Grimmauld Place expansion, and that this Tonks will feature there

Well…keep in mind that the advent calendar isn’t a June release. It’s September so I doubt anything is producing for it rn 

Okay so I finished the building of two new Hogwarts sets in stud.io. Obviously they are not 100% replicas to official sets, as I completelly ignored interiors. Also I couldn't see some parts of the sets on images so I had to improvise, and some new pieces weren't in the BrickLink database so I had to replace them with something else. Anyways based on how long it took me you can tell these aren't the most complex and detailed builds, but I think I will find decent use for them in my MOC. Oh and I swapped some parts for dark bluish grey....

Nw207Jv.jpg

61KN5vR.jpg1ktWoAi.jpg

That’s an awesome reconstruction of those 2 Hogwarts sets! 

I really feel like the over-rendered images that the hp theme has been burdened with has really hurt how these sets look, making the builds seem flat and the minifigures less detailed than they actually are. The 2020 wave art had really bad artwork too, I think the sets will look 100% better in person 

54 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Made it's first and significant appearance in the second film, It is a major plot point in the third movie, and seen in at least one more later. It's very iconic in HP lore. It'll be the new Luke's Landspeeder before you know it...lol

I didn't even know it was in more than one movie. So having it show up a few times is fine then. I was afraid LEGO just added it to bump up the piece counts aka prices.

Just saw the reveals and there’s some incredible stuff and some underwhelming:

Hogwarts expansions: What I really loved and defended the 2021 line of Hogwarts was that they focused on interior space and recreating key scenes. But Sirius Black’s rescue is all empty space, it’s quite ridiculous how hollow it is especially. Maybe more so than Fluffy Encounter. If you’re gonna sacrifice the exterior for interiors, might as well make them decent.
Dumbledore’s Office is quite underwhelming, seems like the library got more attention than the part the set was named after. The 2002 version had a way better layout and would have preferred getting the staircase in this set than the Sirius Black set. Nice we’re getting a new Filch, Norris, and Prince. Also love baby Fawkes. But I can’t really defend these extensions anymore. 

Shrieking Shack: I love this set so much, and I admit that I was wrong that this wouldn’t be a great set. Love the new light brown Lupin variant, the updated Whomping Willow, and the transformation idea is creative. Loved how they got the moon up there.

12 Grimmauld Place: Again another set I wasn’t really looking forwards to but actually turned out quite impressive. Thank the gods we finally have OoTP Sirius and I always take new variants of the twins. And Tonks has that duck face! So cool. Also love the Black painting. While I’m surprised they made this before the Second Task, it’s a welcome surprise and honestly one of my faves in the line’s history. 

Ministry of Magic: Love the details on this one! Nice we’re getting Umbridge’s Office somewhere even if it’s not in Hogwarts itself and I love the rubber ducky in Arthur’s Office! That Pious figure is so spot on. And I’ll always welcome more Umbridge variants as well. Another great set, though the green kinda feels tacky.

Thestral Carriage: Nice seeing a return to these smaller Forbidden Forest set! Love the new Harry and Luna variants and it’s a great way to pick up some thestrals. Also love the carriage build.

Well, having seen everything now, I can comfortably skip this wave and buy parts for a rebrickable 2018 style Bell Tower instead.

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

That’s Madame Pince, the Hogwarts librarian - an obvious choice of character for a set that includes the library. She doesn’t have any speaking roles in the movies, but she gets a decent number of lines and name drops in the books and has appeared in some of the video games. And even without lines, her appearance is distinctive enough that several of us were able to recognize her immediately. 

She's certainly a cool/unique figure, but I think it's just a shame we are getting her (after getting Sinistra last year) when we haven't got many prominent characters in the reboot like Rita Skeeter, Barty Crouch, Igor Karkaroff etc... Like, I'm a die hard HP movie fan and had never heard of/ seen Madame Pince before and I've seen each film at least 10 times lmao. It's a cool figure but a shame because she's really a glorified extra who has gotten a figure, while big roles like Rita etc haven't.

76400: It's... okay. The minifigures are lovely, but the builds look rather unfinished. Thestrals look good. It doesn't feel worth 20€. (6/10)

76401: The build is great, love that they are experimenting with the Hogwarts style. Love the minifigs with the new face prints. Buckbeak is great, and so is the Firebolt. (7/10)

76402: Minifigures are fantastic, especially Madam Pince. Hogwarts looks fantastic, it's even more experimental than the previous set. Little Fawkes is great. (8/10)

76403: Now THIS... this is perfect. The minifigures couldn't be better. What an incredible selection. Each one is perfect, love that they haven't omitted anyone. The build is fantastic, and full of play features. Arthur's amd Umbridge's offices are so perfect. Oh boy, they did. They made a Deathly Hallows set. (10/10)

76406: This might be my favourite set of this wave (although I'm a bit biased as I LOVE dragons, especially this one). The build is simply phenomenonal - THIS is what a Hungarian Horntail should look like. The rock base is great, and I love what they did with the broom. And wow, Harry not only has arm printing, but also dual-moulding! (10/10)

76407: The minifigures are great. Love Lupin and his Werewolf form. Snape should've been included tho. The builds are incredible. The Shack is so detailed, and the full moon rock part is an incredible play feature. Not a fan of the Whomping Willow tho - I still dislike the round base. (9/10)

76408: They've finally made this set, and it's incredible. All the minifigures are exclusive, which is also fantastic. Tonks' second face print is hilariously accurate. The build is perfect, they managed to make the main play feature look fantastic. (10/10)

The sets themselves are nearly flawless, the attention to detail, the (IMO) improved Hogwarts architecture compared to 2021, the attention to detail! Ahh. Also loving the new character inclusions, new molds and face prints for the trio.

The minifigures in general are nothing to write home about, though. This year I started collecting non-HP themes and it made me realize how dull the HP set ones look next to, say, Star Wars or DC. Don’t know if it’s the theme itself (school uniforms/casual clothing) or the lack of leg printing or what. All in all, excellent builds, except for the price.

Edited by Otherworld

Nobody's mentioned it yet, but in the Ministry of Magic both Harry and Hermione get a new face expression (the other side being their Polyjuice disguise), while Ron just has a copy of his standard smiling expression. An odd inconsistency.

57 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well…keep in mind that the advent calendar isn’t a June release. It’s September so I doubt anything is producing for it rn 

So maybe a character pack from Voldy vs Dumbledore scene - we already have room with the prophecies, the telephone booth and fireplace in MoM set. In Grimmauld Place set we have few members of OoP so only Voldy and some Death Eaters are missing + Dumbledore in proper robe ofc. We got him in first CMF 4 years ago so this is a good moment to make a new one :)

Edited by uPawelek

Haven’t posted on here in a looong while but I reckon now is a good time to share my thoughts on the new sets! 

Thestral carriage: Another wonderful 20€ set. The thestrals are great and it’s nice to get new variants of Harry and Luna. 8/10

Sirius escape: I’d say that this is the only ”bad” set in this wave. The exterior is boring and the interior empty… Terrible price per piece ratio and three repeat characters (new prints yes but ya know…). Buckbeak is the only redeeming aspect. 5/10

Horntail: A wonderful display piece. Was pleasently surprised by the minifigure scale. Also a needed upgrade on the previous trainwreck of a dragon. 8/10

Bumblebore’s office: Surprisingly neat exterior but a bit lacking interior. The bookshelves look good but would have preferred more space and detailing reserved for the titular office. Would’ve also wanted to see the staircase and a brick-built griffin statue. 7/10

Shrieking Shack: By far my most anticipated set and it delivers. The building is executes splendidly and the minifigure selection is good. The werewolf looks good despite not having a new mold. The Willow is a bit lacklustre once again but a nice inclusion, as is the transformation platform and the cute moon. 9/10

MoM: A bit too open for my liking but the location was always going to be a difficult one to pull off in this price range. The offices are very nice and the minifigure selection brilliant. Love to get Pius and Yaxley! 8/10

Grim old place: A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one! It is rather incredible. The exterior is neat and the inclusion of the play-feature to hide it is very impressive. In addition the detailing inside is on par with the Burrow, bloody brilliant. It has fun details such as the detachable ear, and much needed characters and variants like Kreacher, OotP Tonks and Sirius. Certainly one of the best HP sets of all time imo. 10/10

Only the D2C left and I am worried it is going to be a Gringott’s&DA expansion… 

Edited by thenudeorganist
ratings

Grimmauld Place looks amazing!!!. I love getting sets like this that can blend into the modular city buildings. Definitely going to use this to add more cover to the entrance to my Diagon Alley that I squeezed behind modulars.

Not so sure the Ministry of Magic will blend in amoungst modulars as well at this stage, but I love the little phone booth.

The other sets don't interest me a whole heap, I do like the new castle design sets, and there's some great minifigs (love werewolf Lupin)  but I purchased all of the 2018 style castle sets so I kinda consider my Hogwarts finished.

Edited by Undi3sss

Voldemort appears in Gringotts, but only in the Wizarding World ride. Maybe there is a chance that a Gringotts set will be based off the ride, which features more characters than the SS/DH scenes themselves?

Edited by doclord

Alright, I am entirely spitballing here, but with the leaking of the Tonks and Voldemort faces place the fact that the MoM can be configured in multiple different ways, what if there is some unknown set that has an extra extension to it or something? I think there's a greater chance of them just appearing in an accessory pack, but I think it is a little bit possible we see some sort of way to represent the other iconic scene in the Ministry, maybe with Belatrix or something. 

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but the dementor in the MoM has the old hood piece. I was under the impression that it had been retired and replaced with the hood piece from Star Wars, but apparently not.

That leaked Voldy head really confuses me :wacko: Way too early for the D2C or AC, so where could it be from? Pieces from accessory packs never leak, do they?

12 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but the dementor in the MoM has the old hood piece. I was under the impression that it had been retired and replaced with the hood piece from Star Wars, but apparently not.

Nah, the pieces just coexist. Lego are still using it for Jawas.

Now that some time has passed and I’ve watched some videos on these sets, I do have to say that I like the two Hogwarts sets less and the rest of the wave even more. The Thestral Carriage is the only I’ll probably end up picking up anytime soon (like I mentioned, I still have a couple sets from the last two years, plus the Hogwarts Express, to pick up before getting any of these other ones) but I do still really like this wave. I’m afraid that the giant D2C is going to be a Gringott’s though, because I’ll probably want that AND Diagon Alley.

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That leaked Voldy head really confuses me :wacko: Way too early for the D2C or AC, so where could it be from? Pieces from accessory packs never leak, do they?

What if the D2C releases earlier than September? 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

@BrickBob Studpants

It's official - my hand will stay intact, just as I knew it would :moar:

Dangit :tongue: As fun as that would’ve been, I’m celebrating my loss with these amazing sets :laugh_hard: Xanatos Gambit for the win!

i could see the Voldemort head coming in a small expansion for the ministry for Voldemort and Dumbledore's fight, perhaps a retail exclusive, dont think a minifig pack would be big enough for it